LittleBigPlanet 3

Final Weekend to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta and Receive FREE Ultimate DLC Bundle

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Oct 29, 2010 // Product Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army: This is your final reminder! This is the last weekend that you’ll have the opportunity to pre-order God of War: Ghost of Sparta at any of our participating retailers. By pre-ordering, you’ll obtain a voucher to receive an exclusive DLC bundle on Tuesday, November 2nd. Note: You’ll be able to redeem your DLC voucher on PSN starting November 2nd at 5:00pm PST.

For those that are either thinking of or have already pre-ordered the God of War: Ghost of Sparta Entertainment Pack for PSP, check out our latest trailer above that shows off the limited edition Two-Toned PSP. The Entertainment Pack includes the content below:

If that wasn’t enough, for those that pre-order through any of our participating retailers, you will also receive a PlayStation Store downloadable voucher to redeem the following content:

If you do the math, you will essentially get all 12 great items listed above for only $199. Be sure to visit www.godofwar.com for more info.

Every End Must First Begin

PAGE 1 2

+ JKC31 on October 29th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

I’m buying on the PSN. That’s me putting in my reserve. So hold one for me!

+ Nintendo451 on October 29th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

This video is Last Titan Standing approved.

+ divine1000 on October 29th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

Can someone get Kaz to phone those slackers at SCEE and find where our pre-order bonuses are? Seriously, the game’s out on Friday & still no anouncement on the EU blog.

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 29th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

I have no interest in GoW but I just had to say, that is probably one of the better bundles I’ve ever seen. Wish I was a fan cause I’d be all over that. dang! More games should come with avatars & themes. Good idea!

+ TomHoang on October 29th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Will all pre-order copies have of the game have the Deimos skin for God of War 3?

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Yup. That is correct

+ SpyDudeFX on October 29th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Ken you should link each of the previous blogs that go into detail about how awesome the voucher content is. “Palace of Hades” dynamic theme along is worth it :D

+ KazeEternal on October 29th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

@2

why is SCEE so dysfunctional that you guys have to pester SCEA?

+ whitwhit on October 29th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

ken what are you going to be for Halloween!

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 6:39 pm said:

Please try contacting your local EB Games Store within Canada for more information

+ Bones00 on October 29th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

I thought I read if you could still gain the pre-order bonuses even if you buy from the Playstation store. I believe I read you’d have to buy it during the first week of release. Is this true? The headline of this post is leading me to believe I read something false. Thanks.

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 12:50 pm said:

You’re covered. The post is meant for pre-orders only.

+ Bones00 on October 29th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

Thank you for the reply.

+ jazzyrider on October 29th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Totally cool! Still waiting and counting the days/hrs.

Quick question / idea — will there ever be special bundles for the PSPGo? Its great the PSP3K is still going strong but why no push for the PSPGo? I know the prices have just been lowered yet I don’t see why marketing is not doing bundles for the newer system only the PSP3K.

Anyway, thanks for the GoW news!

+ THE_MR_PENGUIN on October 29th, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

so much for we promise to confirm a GT5 release date by the end on the month..

+ zombie9 on October 29th, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

PS3 Tops Over 41.5 Million Units, Trails Xbox 360 by Less Than 3 Million “good to know”

+ gundam_f91s on October 29th, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

With the exception of Amazon and GameStop, which retailers are also offering pre-order bonus?

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

Best Buy also

+ krae_man on October 29th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Wow, you sure know how to streach such a small amount of information into 600 blog posts:p

I’ll be missing out on all the preorder stuff because I refuse to pay $40 for a downloadable portable game. Sony, your portable games will continue to sell like crap till you change your pricing stratagy.

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

Best Buy also supports the pre-order bundle exclusive

+ Enzo_man on October 29th, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

I’ve had it pre-odered since it was first put into the system at GameStop and I’ll be there this Tuesday when they open their gate!

+ BLipp17 on October 29th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

can the PSP2 just be announced please? im still rocking a PSP-1000, and want a new one, but i know that if i DO buy a new one (like this sweet looking one) the PSP2 will be announced right after

+ nagon111 on October 29th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

Wait, I just found out Gamestop has an exclusive? Does the others get the “The Forest of the Forgotten Challenge Area”?

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

That is correct. Those that pre-ordered at GameStop will receive the Forest of the Forgotten Challenge Arena as a bonus item

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on October 29th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

@ #14

What a load of garbage!
$40 for a high quality is not a rip off, if you dont like the price, quess what this is a free market, dont buy it or buy it when the price comes down. Too much whining on the gaming web sites, when there are way more reasons to be enjoying all this gaming goodies

+ Patronaso on October 29th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

This 5pm PST update practice is KILLING ME! I’m refraining from writing expletives. Do you guys have consideration for EST PSN users? When are you going to implement rolling updated.

I’m not always waiting to download, buy the weeks that I do, I would like to have the option to have access to it earlier.

+ Patronaso on October 29th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

This 5pm PST update practice is KILLING ME! I’m refraining from writing expletives. Do you guys have consideration for EST PSN users? When are you going to implement rolling updates?

I’m not always waiting to download, but the weeks that I do, I would like to have the option to have access to it earlier.

+ doctoroflawls on October 29th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

I have a PSPGo. What do I have to do to buy this at the PlayStation store and still get all DLC and bonuses?

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Simply purchase God of War: Ghost of Sparta on Tuesday, 11/2 after 5pm PST

+ SpyDudeFX on October 29th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

The 5PM PDT is bad, that’s 8PM EDT. All preorder DLC should be added to your systems the week prior so they are working the day we get vouchers. Nothing sucks more than waiting all day to access DLC or Collector’s Edition DLC.

+ Skater_Ricky on October 29th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

Debating on preordering this at GameStop or should I buy this throw the PlayStation Store?

What do I get differently then I would if I bought it throw GameStop the I would buying on PlayStation Store on day 1

What to get my best value for my money!

Please confirm it helps me allot thank you.

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

Main difference would be the addition of the Forest of the Forgotten Challenge Arena through GameStop. The rest is identical

+ Skater_Ricky on October 29th, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

Also to add what’s at Best Buy that your not getting in the Pre-order that your not getting at GameStop and vice versa??

+ KazeEternal on October 29th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

@14 krae_man
Ummmm You do realize how expensive it was for sony to make this game? Long time God of War composers had to be creative in the implementation of the soundtrack for starters because they didn’t have access to the same assets as god of war 1-3. JUST so they could deliver us some new music.

What’s worse is that Piracy is rampant on PSP, just look up the comments made recently but Ready At Dawn which questioned the wisdom of developing PSP games as studios see little in the way of returns.

Then there is the fact that PSP sales are down and only 11 million software titles were sold.

If you ask me with those kinds of returns we’re lucky they aren’t asking us 50 dollars for the game.

+ fixer1989 on October 29th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

I pre-ordered it at EB Games which I think is a branch from Gamestop and I didn’t get anything when I pre-ordered it.

+ Enigma777 on October 29th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

The wait is killing me!!!

+ fixer1989 on October 29th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

I called and they didn’t have anything. Do you get it when you pick up the game or when you put your money down FOR the pre-order?

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

When you pick up the game

+ jh6269 on October 29th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

Got it pre-ordered! This is my first time owning a PSP! Can’t wait to play both of these great games :) This deal finally pushed me over the edge, and I couldn’t resist.

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

Awesome! Next Tuesday can’t come soon enough :)

+ JTAF on October 29th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

Just to confirm: in Canada this is available through EB Games or gamestop.ca (same company)? Nothing is listed on the website of any store I look at.

I pre-oredered it from gamestop.ca…just want to make sure.

+ D-Squad3 on October 29th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

I love that lady’s voice.

+ digitalman123 on October 29th, 2010 at 3:58 pm said:

@Ken Chan: I know! I’ve got a rock-solid November!
2nd:THIS!!
9th: Sly Collection!
16th: AC: Brotherhood!

November is epic.

+ TripG on October 29th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

As other Canadians have said; Gamestop.ca nor the physical stores have no information regarding any of the pre-order bonus material. The only answer I can get from them is “you will have to wait and see as we dont know” from the clerks. That’s even from this morning.

And I am with #16 – how many more blogs are going to be posted about the exact same thing. I mean, the only thing that hasnt been blogged is the fact that Ghost of Sparts features “pressing buttons” or is going to be shipped in “colour”. :)

Talk about milking a franchise.

It would be nice if some of the other games coming out for the PSP received a little love on the blog site.

+ BLEACH-Fan on October 29th, 2010 at 4:14 pm said:

If only I could get this in the UK!! but noooooooooooooooooo!! ¬_¬

+ deathmill3001 on October 29th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

its time to cut the price of the psp. come one sony, u cant keep releasing these 199$ packs without lowering the bare psp to at least 150$

+ Evo_X_MR on October 29th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

what’s dumb is that amazon.com is able to ship the Ghost of Sparta PSP “to select countries outside the US”, but not the game itself (it said the item can only be shipped to the US).

+ eyesofreality03 on October 29th, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

it kinda stinks the forest is for gamestop, hopefully it will hit as a lil add on later down the line, i’m on the Go far too often for a umd purchase right now anyways.

+ NoisyNieghbor on October 29th, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

is the Deimos GOW3 skin only for the bundle or does it come with the game itself?

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

It comes with either the Entertainment Pack bundle or Specially Marked Boxes of the UMD game

+ kdiep on October 29th, 2010 at 5:37 pm said:

Do we get the pre-order package/bundle if we by the PSP hardware bundle?

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 6:20 pm said:

Yup

+ Lopan on October 29th, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

I am totally digging the red buttons but I prefer it to be the PSPGo. Will there be a PSPGo with red buttons as well?

+ solace357 on October 29th, 2010 at 6:22 pm said:

@41 Deimos is included in the first shipment of the game. it will be printed on the box.
@42 Yes.

+ Hooligantuan on October 29th, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

Wow, can’t go a day on the blog without being bombarded by God of War stuff.

I wish more games that were worth playing received this kind of attention.

+ kowan on October 29th, 2010 at 6:35 pm said:

“Do we get the pre-order package/bundle if we by the PSP hardware bundle?

Ken Chan’s Avatar

Ken Chan | October 29th, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Yup ”

So even though if we don’t pre-order we still get all those bonuses? IF we buy the psp bundle?

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

You must pre-order either the UMD game or Entertainment Pack to take advantage of the exclusive DLC bundle

+ kowan on October 29th, 2010 at 6:44 pm said:

Another Question: I haven’t preordered anything yet in my whole life so i don’t really know how this pre-ordering works but for example: if i just click the pre-order button in Gamestop, but don’t continue to checkout UNTIL after Nov 2. Will it still count as a pre-order?(since i won’t be receiving money until the 5th but i really want this pre-order bonuses so..yeah)

Yeah, i know i sound noob. But please bare with me. haha

+ Ken Chan on October 29th, 2010 at 6:46 pm said:

Wish I could help. Your best bet is to contact GameStop directly to see what their rules are for pre-orders

+ kdiep on October 29th, 2010 at 6:49 pm said:

@kowan

You can pre-order at the store, and put down 5$ and pick it up later. Although you should let the people know that you want a pre-order bundle. Call them on launch day. I think they have a policy to keep it for 48 hours after launch, so I’m sure they’re willing to give you another 24 hours if you ask for it.

+ kowan on October 29th, 2010 at 6:52 pm said:

@kdiep

Ohh ok. Thanks a lot for the info!! I will certainly do so. I hope i get them bonuses! Thanks again!

+ Dosx001 on October 29th, 2010 at 7:19 pm said: