PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

LittleBigPlanet 2 Update: The Creatinator!

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Nov 03, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Sackboy Fans! Imagine a tool that gives you and your Sackboy the power to make something out of nothing. Well now, in LittleBigPlanet 2, you’ll have…the Creatinator!

And for more Creatinator goodness, check out this walk through by our own Alex Evans from this year’s gamescom.

What will pop out of your Creatinator?

+ Rival_31 on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

Fun this game is.

+ Zookey on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Hey Mark! Another cool video :-)

Just curious, since we can import our own audio into this, can we film a video inside of LBP or with the PS Eye and have it play on a cardboard screen? (I mean like, how in the early levels of LBP1, you sometimes had screens that looked like scoreboards that played a video).

Also, with audio, do we have to record it through the PS Eye or can we make an audio file on our pc, save it to the PS3′s HDD then import it?

With the Creatinator, it was a blast at E3—will definitely make the competitive levels far more interesting hehe

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on November 3rd, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

Thanks Zookey (I owe you a call back)

Not sure if what your proposing will work, but will ask For Sackboy audio, I know the audio is tied to the “acting” on your Sackbots or the music sequencer. Will find out more…

+ Dominican-Glory on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

Man this game gets better and better. Any hints of a release date?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on November 3rd, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

No hints needed! January 18th for North America.

+ DIGGY305 on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

I want/need a beta code :( lol

+ A7X-treme on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

can’t wait for the creatiator!!!!!

+ Big_Hawk97 on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

Can’t come out soon enough. Unless it was today. lol

+ Seeing_Red_Again on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

Really can’t wait for LittleBigPlanet 2

+ Berae on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

@ dominican-glory

lol dude did you watch the video it says the date at the end.. a big January 18th

Cant wait for this game!

+ Vex_Doppel on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

Nice, I’m tearing it up in the beta but can’t wait for the full release. Incredible game and endless possibilities.

+ Shin-Ra on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

I got a good laugh from the ending. :)

+ DIGGY305 on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

can you guys Please Consider Re-Releasing the

Spacesuit Costume Release date: 11/05/2009 and the

Birthday Cake Costume Release date: 11/05/2009

+ TwinDad on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

doofenshmirtz?

Does somebody have kids that watch Phineas and Ferb?

+ Nunchuckles on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

I still see it has that floaty jump…. :(
I know you can change that when creating your own levels, but I wish the developers changed that for the campaign levels :*(

+ coco4455 on November 3rd, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

Hello. I pre-ordered the LBP2 collector edition & payed it in full on day 1. I am hooked on LBP since november waaay back when it first came out, i wasn’t online till this year and so i missed the LBP birthday suit and spaceman costume. So i checked back this year… and NO LBP birthday items… is there anyway you can help me? especialy because LBP2 was delayed & after all the money spent for LBP add ons i didnt get a beta. could you PLEASE tell me if the birthday suit and spaceman suit will be re-released? also if new betas will be available to those who have an $80.00 game paid off? THANKS GUYS!! I LOVE LBP :)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on November 3rd, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

We’ll definately let you know when those come back. Check back on Friday’s LBP community update.

+ Tecnoboy1 on November 3rd, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

AWESOME, I LOVE IT!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on November 3rd, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

+ snake4308 on November 3rd, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

I never got a voucher for the beta!
I’ve been very loyal to LBP and it’s dlc!
can i have an invite please??

+ SamuraiSaxen on November 3rd, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

@12
Yeah, it reminds me of Doofenshmirtz too, sometimes I watch Phineas and Ferb with my siblings :)

+ Link01 on November 3rd, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

New December release date maybe yes? :D

+ SamuraiSaxen on November 3rd, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

I know the LBP DLC will be retroactive in LBP2… but I have a question. I own the LBP GOTY version, this includes some DLC content, will be able to use that DLC on LBP2?

And please MediaMolecule, can you re-release the spacesuit and birthday cake costumes?

+ siggy_p on November 3rd, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

Pre-ordered the special edition. Can’t wait for this game to release.

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on November 3rd, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

The music in the trailer is awesome! Is it in the game? Who’s the artist?

+ Rival_31 on November 3rd, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

With the sequencer you can make any music you want.
It’ll be an awesome game. It’s very deep with the create.
Hope my tower defense can come out in time.

+ rjejr on November 3rd, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

The creatinator-inator is probably what Doofenshmirtz would’ve called it had he invented it.

Cake frosting? I don’t think that’s what they would’ve called it had this been put in Spore.

The best LBP2 video I’ve seen today is the Afterburner level on youtube.

Pre-ordered the CE in July (thankfully Amazon only charges after it ships) and really looking forward to Jan. 18th – only 2 1/2 more months.

+ ehdeepblue on November 3rd, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

what ever happen to the final fantasy custumes pack?

+ OveReAction on November 3rd, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

Dang! Now I’m worried about LBP2 Beta! :(

+ TallCrowe on November 3rd, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

oh the humanity, why must we keep waiting

+ milo128smith on November 3rd, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

I can’t wait for my collectors edition to come. Now that we’re on another game can you guys add in new holiday items? It was awesome during the first year that there was always a new free item, but after I already got everything it stopped being so awesome. Maybe like a holdable jack-o-lantern for halloween or something instead of the pumpkin helmet.

+ digitalman123 on November 3rd, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

So now, so wow! That electricity thing gave me many ideas! Two questions: Will there be Sly Cooper costumes, and what’s the danger trigger? I saw it in the whole mash-up of TV’s in the first feature-ette.

+ D-Squad3 on November 3rd, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

This game would have came out 13 days from now. :(

+ SUPERGAMER247 on November 3rd, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

question I won lbp 2 from the subway fiery footlong frenzy and I’m wondering when I’ll be getting it in the mail thanx

+ The_Blue_Raven on November 3rd, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

Okay so I’ve been hearing that LBP2 is going to be released in November 16th. But I’m also hearing that it will be released in January. Can you clear this up please?

+ boreman2579 on November 3rd, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

I am excited for this release and have preordered the collectors edition, but it’s a shame of how they changed the date to January…. *sigh* This game would have been a HUGE holiday hit and would have been a great time for a game to come out… Oh well, I would rather wait a little longer for then it will be bug-free, ect. 1/18/10

+ batmanskiller on November 3rd, 2010 at 6:03 pm said:

@ 35 1/18/11

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on November 3rd, 2010 at 8:22 pm said:

I’m positive either myself or someone else will make a game in this game thats based on a movie and not suck…

+ Muskiemazing on November 3rd, 2010 at 9:39 pm said:

I preordered LBP 2 collectors editon . It will be Amazing what we will be able to create .

I hope I will get invited to the beta .

+ GooDxAnDxBaD on November 3rd, 2010 at 10:55 pm said:

Hi, will the LBP 2 Collector’s Edition come to Australia?

+ snake4308 on November 4th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

Hey Mark

I made a custom trailer of LBP2
wanna see?

here’s the link
ht.tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRucf-czY2M

without the . in http of course

+ FlawedHero on November 6th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

Preordered the LBP2 CE the day it became available. Can’t wait for this game to come out. Dying to put my game-breaking skills to work in the beta, now to get/win an invite somehow…

+ WILLDWILL-BR on November 7th, 2010 at 4:53 am said:

Any chances of Portuguese audio/subtitles in region 1 LBP2, please? Since this game will be officially released in Brazil now and we Brazilians speak Portuguese not Spanish. OK, I can speak English but my two kids (6 and 8 y.o.) both love LittleBigPlanet and they can’t.