Uncharted 4

This Week in Home: Videos in Hollywood Hills Personal Space, Music in the London Pub, Tons of Items in the Mall!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Nov 03, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

This Thursday, November 4th, members of the PlayStation Home community can own real estate in one of the most glamorous and exclusive zip codes in the world when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment launches the all new “Hollywood Hills House” personal space.

Hollywood Hills House in PlayStation Home

Hollywood Hills House in PlayStation HomeHollywood Hills House in PlayStation Home

For just $4.99 you can live like a celebrity in a two-story mansion perched atop the Hollywood Hills. Invite up to 11 friends at a time into one of your two home theaters and watch clips from some of your favorite movies, trailers, Minisodes and exclusive content from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Sony Pictures Releasing and Crackle. Throw a party by the sprawling infinity pool, lounge in the Jacuzzi, and take in the million-dollar views – all in the Hollywood Hills House, available this Thursday from the Estates Store in PlayStation Home.

Music lovers rejoice! This Thursday the London Pub Radio (LPR) takes to the airwaves – a free update to all London Pub owners. Every month LPR will be pumping tunes courtesy of a hand-selected group of featured artists into a radio placed in the London Pub personal space (first up from LPR are four tracks from RedderStare – an up and coming four-piece band from London, UK).

That’s not all – LPR is also launching a website where independent musicians from our community will be able to submit original music for a chance to have their tracks broadcast into London Pubs all around PlayStation Home. Head to www.veemee.com/thelondonpub/radio to upload tracks and learn more about this exciting new program!

Pub Radio Core Space in PlayStation Home

The PlayStation Home Mall receives a large update this Thursday with items from Capcom’s Lost Planet 2 (look for the Jungle Pirate and Nevec Soldier costumes), nDreams’ “Party Props” and “Black Robe” items, and a some truly awesome additions to our line of original costumes (check out the pics below for a taste of what is in store this week).

PlayStation Home MallPlayStation Home Mall

PlayStation Home MallPlayStation Home Mall

“Scion’s “Take on the Machine” activity returns to the Central Plaza this week. Log in to PlayStation Home this Thursday to join the challenge and unlock special rewards. Then head to TakeOnTheMachine.com for additional information on the all new Scion tC and to find a dealer near you.”

Finally, we’ll debut a new series this week in the mega-popular PlayStation Home Community Theater. Come out and watch the premier of Replay with Doc. In episode 1, the Tester star interviews Brett Norton, lead designer of TimeGate Studios, and they discuss the upcoming Section 8: Prejudice as well as digital distribution in the gaming industry. After you watch Replay with Doc, stick around for GamerIndepth’s “Shoutouts” and learn how not to appear “N00Bish” in Central Plaza and catch an interview with the team behind Lair.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2

+ al2009man on November 3rd, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

We got some Video on home!!!!!!!!!

+ NotoriousGamer on November 3rd, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

the new hollywood personal space looks kool. you should post a video tour of the property so buyers have a better idea of what the house is like. :)

+ Johnmark on November 3rd, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

i am curious what the TV’s will actually play and what is the selection they will have to play and where it comes from. is it just adds or vids off the psn store like for games.

+ IronMan on November 3rd, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

Can Sony stream a Sony movie every week for free in the space?

+ DIRECTOR_ON_DUTY on November 3rd, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

Wow! Exciting times. I’m glad it’s finally here!

+ dragon_night on November 3rd, 2010 at 3:52 pm said:

my locoroco island has a tv

+ Feral_Dragon on November 3rd, 2010 at 4:04 pm said:

While it`s cool to see working TVs in personal spaces, it`s useless to me. I can`t watch anything at the mall or theatre cos it buffers so much that all I get is an extremely slow slideshow instead of a vid, most of the time its just frozen saying its buffering. After buying a broken mummy costume I don`t want to spend $5 on a space with a theatre that won`t work either.

Love VeeMee for adding more things to their cool London Pub Space, and I`m really excited about their new LPR. I love the UK, even though I`m Canadian, and I`m glad I`ll get to listen to their music in my space. Besides the Alien costume from AVP, best $5 I spent on Home, and probably the last. I won`t buy anything above 1.99 anymore UNLESS it`s really cool, cos it`s just too much for a virtual item. LBP doesn`t even go above 1.99 unless its a big bundle pack, and those are usually $5.99. Compared to Home`s bundles which costs $15-$20…

+ phatso64 on November 3rd, 2010 at 4:14 pm said:

ok , i like to come here to find out about updates but i get really sick of people whining , get an Xpox . Home rocks !

+ HoIlyWoodCeIeb on November 3rd, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

oh oh oh I has heard dey added ma house on da Home and i wanted 2 come and see dis. gewd lawdy i cant believe ma eyes I be rubbin dem lyke whhhat? aww thanks homies u has made ma day and has made ma gurl ms. spears so happy naw is so kool but ya kno still we has be wanted to be able ta play ma spears music to people in da central plaza and some of her videas in ma sapce but oh well yeahhh dis is kool i jus hope fly-boi didnt have sum typa brain meltdown naw tho cuz he cant play his justin beiber real loud in da plaza still. by da way u kno we still gotsta get dem beaver tails we been promised and den btw thanks fo not adden da amy winehouse costume fo halloween dat would be too scary i woulda neva showed up

+ retro25 on November 3rd, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

Awsome Apartment, makes me feel like a celeberty in there and I know I can’t watch hdd videos in that apartment. So when will we get a virtual tv to watch hdd videos from PS3 in our apartments?

+ Fly-boi_2009 on November 3rd, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

WOULD LOVE FOR OUR OWN STUFF TO WATCH AND LISTEN TO !!!!!!

+ Keyeszx on November 3rd, 2010 at 5:41 pm said:

Why has home fallen so low. What happened to the features that we were told about. What’s with all the useless junk in home. When I’m looking for stuff I find nothing but junk. It’s halloween 24/7 on home. What happened to the shrink potion? Home is a failure don’t support it.

+ Dosx001 on November 3rd, 2010 at 6:53 pm said:

can u watch movies that u have in ur PS3? n if so what about Netflix?

+ KingOfHarts22 on November 3rd, 2010 at 6:55 pm said:

im not sure where to post this but there is a furniture set ive seen a few times tht is realy nice but was takin outa the mall befor i join ps home an would realy like it if it became available again im refering to the villains lair furniture i would realy like to be able to get it plzz an thx for ur time

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 3rd, 2010 at 7:08 pm said:

@57 Time to upgrade your internet speed aye? lol

+ Paradron_Bomb on November 3rd, 2010 at 7:28 pm said:

@4

It’s actually not the first time video was made available to be streamed in a personal space.

The Batman Arkham Asylum personal space had streaming video trailers a year ago.

Missed it by *that* much. :p

+ Kanedas_Bike on November 3rd, 2010 at 7:48 pm said:

@Locust_Star yo it’s Doc! I love you like a fat kid loves Cake!!!!!

+ jgrizzle358 on November 3rd, 2010 at 11:02 pm said:

@46 “LordRaoh”

maybe if u woulda read further you woulda saw that the $4.99 is the price they’re selling the new Personal Space for… Personal Spaces have ALWAYS cost $$$, idk why this is news to you… get with the program dude, and stop assuming stuff before u have the whole story

+ SpeedRacer1955 on November 4th, 2010 at 12:22 am said:

@Kanedas_Bike Yo its Speed duh You need to come to my new apartment and get Sony to allow podcasts in personal spaces… he he he Replay would be nice in TV with other friends.

@Locust_Star You need to crack the whip on the Home Dev’s to work faster. Christmas is coming sooner than you can think and presents would be a good thing in Home.

I am glad to see this step with streaming content into Personal Spaces now some form of multiple audio in public spaces needs to come out to.

+ HFarnsworth on November 4th, 2010 at 1:51 am said:

A pool? Kadzuks are you crazy man? I can’t swim. If I could I’de break a hip or worse. And with this TV Fry and Bender will never do any work. Hermes get those papers ready!

+ FormerPSfan on November 4th, 2010 at 8:36 am said:

NOTE: there is 1 and 1 reason only the virtual tv streams only sony advertising. Home is exclusively an advertising medium NOTHING else!! this is also the reason sony & lithium refuse to ban the obvious pedophiles or do anything that approaches proper moderation. More eyeballs on the adverts = more revenue for them, even when they know it means 90% of those eyes belong to stalkers & perverts.

+ DJ_DTM on November 4th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

Nice job on the update guys, I can’t wait to hear what people put up on LPR, in fact I’m in the middle of a track just for LPR right now :) And the new Hollywood space <3 it is so choice.
BUT
I want to play music LIVE from my music studio in my real house to the people in my clubhouse or personal spaces using ONLY Home.
Using other internet services to BB my audio while we are all on Home is such a pain..
Can't we just do this the easy way?

+ WarGamester on November 4th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Hey, most people can ignore this comment, this is just for some of you who don’t understand the following terminology:
1)Broadcast;2)Personal use;3)Ownership;4)Intellectual property;5)Distribution Rights;6)Copyright;7)ASCAP;8)Public presentation
If any one of these 8 terms is unclear, or unfamiliar to you, I suggest you will improve your appreciation for Playstation Home by looking each one up.
I love PS Home. Great job everyone! Stay cool! and from the bottom of my heart, Thank you!

+ Lance_Akiro on November 4th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

I must say its really a good start to where this is going but there’s something still missing. the fact that you sit down in a seat and can not zoom into the screen is just unfair. Sony will you be able to fix that in the movie theater and also the new HHH apartment so I can sit and zoom in to the screen?

+ erickafollie on November 4th, 2010 at 8:30 pm said:

Hello Locust and Glasswalls, im very happy about the new personal space, specially the TV`s/ Home Theater, i am sooooo Hoping there is a way you can provide us a way to buy full length movies, i dont care if i have to pay 14.99 or more per movie, i want to be able to sit with my friends and watch an entire movie, not just trailers, i mean is nice but it gets tired FAST, give us a store where we can purchase movies i can watch in my Hollywood Hills Home Theaters…Pleaseeeeee

+ Dedlock420 on November 4th, 2010 at 10:21 pm said:

@Locust_Star

I love the new hollywood hills apartment. The only thing I ask is that you integrate Crackle.com into it more. Let us access Crackle.com through the tv’s where we can select full length movies and episodes to watch with friends. That would be the greatest thing to have on home.

+ Feral_Dragon on November 5th, 2010 at 12:26 am said:

QUESTION

About the London Pub update:

Those advertisements for new items and clothing in the pub bathrooms, will we get those too? The tiger looks awesome.

I`d like to see more animal costumes PLEASE. I`ve asked months ago…My fave costumes are still the cats and dogs you brought over from the EU Home.

+ Lance_Akiro on November 5th, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

at the HHH apartment the videos were working fine now i’m not able to view anything on the screens just gives me an error is there anyway of fixing that problem if this happens again?

+ labrodent on November 8th, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

Greetings friends.

Is Grande to see video in a personal space. Would be Grander if the Sony Video Store rentals was available in this space…just think of it….have your very own Rocky Horror Picture Show in Home! Or Mystery Science Theater 3000!

Another Grande suggestion…make one of the theaters actually play movies, on a schedule, like a real cinema. With tickets to buy, like the Midway, for admittance. The Glory of going to the movies on Home with your friends!

Just my 2 Fluidic coins worth…

+ Andrey-C on November 8th, 2010 at 8:06 pm said:

The idea of watching videos in a personal space with friends is awesome, but the problem is videos are always out of sync between Home users. There’s no sense of watching together (and commenting in real time) if you’re watching one part of the video and your friend is watching another. There should be a way to pre-cache and watch it in sync with another person, so that you can comment on the video in real time.

+ wardragon989 on November 10th, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

”and catch an interview with the team behind Lair.”

Makes me wish there was a trophy patch for that game =/

+ Onii on November 14th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

Should have a Netflix Streaming feature, sort of like the XBL Netflix Party. where you can stream netflix content with another person. ever since theyve added netflix to my Xbox in canada ive been having a great time watching netflix content with friends in america. and i would love to see this feature on PS3. be it home or just an updated feature in netflix itself. It would be really neat to see it in home though.

PAGE 1 2