PS4 - Destiny

Hulu Plus Soon Available to All PS3 Users

Susan Panico's Avatar + Posted by Susan Panico on Nov 04, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Network

As you may have already seen, today Sony announced the availability of the Hulu Plus service on 2010 BRAVIA HDTVs and BRAVIA Internet Video Link via the BRAVIA Internet Video platform and will soon be available on Blu-ray Disc players, Blu-ray Home Theater Systems, Network Media Player and DASH. But, perhaps the most exciting news for all of you PlayStation fans is the upcoming availability of Hulu Plus to all PlayStation 3 users in the United States who enjoy free access to PlayStation Network and its variety of online content.

Hulu Plus for PS3

Beginning next week, Hulu Plus will lift the invitation-only availability of its service, which was previously exclusive to select PlayStation Plus subscribers, and open it up to all PlayStation Network members, making the PlayStation 3 the first and only console dedicated to gaming to offer the service.

The Hulu Plus subscription service offers full current season runs of hit TV programs from major broadcast programming studios and will add to the more than 27,800 movies and TV episodes already available on the PlayStation Store, providing the most exhaustive catalogue of entertainment content to PlayStation Network members.

We’ll have more to share next week, so make sure to check back in for details on where you can find Hulu Plus on the PlayStation Network.

142 Comments

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

lol … not me ill stick with free hulu on pc

but as for who would, well “there’s a sukor born every minute”

+ Steve0043 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Since there isn’t a Canadian Blog, I have to come here to the ‘US’ blog to read updates.

Maybe Sony could rename the Blog to the North America Blog and educate themselves to understand that they do have a user base outside of the United States.

Or, they make a blog for each and every country!?

Despite the ‘blog.us.playstation’ address, this is the only North American blog.

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

@50 I understand that… i just dont understand how its our fault.

its yours.

+ StrykerIsland on November 4th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

Canada too, please.

+ StrykerIsland on November 4th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

I know there are only 34 MILLION of us up here, but we can make a difference too.

+ SPARDA on November 4th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

Sony…now just add GOOGLE TV and we are set!!!!

Make it happen!!!!!

+ Superstrokey1123 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

For those poeple talking abotu SCEA only deals with America well you are wrong. SCEA deals with Canada and Mexico too.

+ Sum-Mischief on November 4th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

I use both right now … Netflix and Hulu+ on the PS3 I think it adds much value to have them both. But, of course its not for everyone … but works for me. I do like the fact I can search while watching a show or text PS3 friends in the background while picture is running (just like the old days) .

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

Please do come to read updates…
just tired of whiners complaining they arent getting what we are..
this isnt the place for that… try sony customer services representing YOUR region. please

+ Superstrokey1123 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

@60 SCEA does represent Canada… so this is the place

+ Sum-Mischief on November 4th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

For those in Canada … Sorry your not included but I believe its restriction of your country that prevents Sony at this time to offer this to you cant really blame Sony or even Hulu. In time perhaps a deal can be reached …

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

@61 but Hulu doesnt so not in regards to this topic

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

And im not referring to SCEA…. this blog is us.blog its information pertains to US customer base unless otherwise noted.

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

Your like a neighbor that complains that I bought
a new car and I didn’t buy one for you too. rofl ; )

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 4th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

@omega_alpha-619
perfect american minded unicells
you dont know anything
cut your fingers it’ll be better for everyones here

+ Tyrsis on November 4th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

To the people crying about it only being in the US? You’re reading the US PlayStation Blog.

Get over it.

+ cortjezter on November 4th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

I think the title and article details are also a little misleading; perhaps that’s intentional.

I know Hulu Plus is for-pay, but the article implies that it will be free to “all” PS3 owners, specifically stressing the “free” PSN.

So will Hulu Plus be free for all PSN users (like Netflix for XBL gold members), require the PS Plus membership, or an extra subscription fee? I would love to access Hulu on my PS3, pending the necessary qualifications to use it. Guess that’s in the forthcoming details. For now, just some unclear and possibly misleading hype.

+ doclloyd on November 4th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

Good news for others! Can you talk with Hulu on the following items for the application?

1) Content goes off screen at the edges. I don’t think I’m missing anything significant, but I see text at the edge cut off.

2) Get Hulu to make all content available on the web version also show up on Hulu+. There’s no reason this can’t be worked out. Why can I watch the most recent Chuck on the website but not via Hulu+?

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

@65 you speak for everyone here now?
doesnt look like it.
why dont ya hold your breath
till I do that and i’ll let you know.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 4th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

to innocents peoples here; CANADA blog IS HERE!

+ perrandy on November 4th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

nah i will stick with my netflix because i already pay a subscription to it and also because hulu+ is not comercial free even though you will be shelling some cash on it…definately not for me!

but,for those that have plenty of $$$ enjoy the service! :0)

+ Superstrokey1123 on November 4th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

@62, thats not the point. This is the SCEA blog where everyone can come and get info and voice their opinion on certain issues and this is one of them.

Not to hard to figure out.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 4th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

Sweet! Free TV on my PS3 now. :D

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 4th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

he really think he’s right…
that’s sad…

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

@72 apparently it is hard for you

thats just my opinion

+ OdomY2K on November 4th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

Once again Canadain users get left behind :-|

+ rjejr on November 4th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

Too bad this news didn’t come with the much rumored price drop to $4.95 so that people might actually sign up.

+ Dardantuan on November 4th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

i tried this out, and HATED it. It was very annoying the way the commercials would just randomly interrupt the show at very inappropriate moments, not where the commercial breaks were designed to be inserted. I would have thought that since I was paying for it, there would be NO commercials. I canceled my subscription less than a week of having it. Netflix streaming is all I need.

+ Powie on November 4th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Meh too expensive, maybe if it was $15 a year, especially since they don’t remove the commercials if you pay.

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

yes, 4.95 would have been more reasonable

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 4th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

this is a copy paste of the PlayStation Network Video Content Update this 29 oct.:

Just in TV
US Store: Sons of Anarchy: Season 3, Modern Family: Season 2, Blue Mountain State: Season 2A, Terriers: Season 1, Raising Hope: Season 1, The Event: Season 1, How I Met Your Mother: Season 6, No Ordinary Family: Season 1, Parenthood: Season 2, Glee: Season 2, Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It: Season 1, Chuck: Season 4, Disappeared: Season 2, Gossip Girl: Season 4, The Buried Life: Season 2, The Tester: Season 2, Thintervention: Season 1, Two and a Half Men: Season 8, World of Jenks: Season 1, and more.

Canada Store: HDNet Fights: King Of The Cage: Season 1, Naruto Shippuden Uncut: Season 1, The Tester: Season 2, Big Love: Season 3, Ring of Honor Wrestling: Season 1, Svetlana: Season 1, Comedy Central Presents: Stand-Up: Season 1, and more.

they clearly announce every week all Canadian store release right here “blog.us.playstation.com”

so anyway next time keep your tongue.
this is OUR blog too
if you cant stand canadian peoples just dont come here
I want Hulu+ too wtf about i want something…
you want to keep it for yourself you selfish guy. LOL!

+ TakiFuGu on November 4th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

I’d never pay for this service. I already pay for Netflix.

+ Kirkpad on November 4th, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

Hulu has never been Canadian, so it’s not like you’re missing much.

+ StrykerIsland on November 4th, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

@48 Sony does not differentiate between US and Canada on their sites, we are all grouped under the North American header.

Thus, any information posted on this blog, should give the proper information to both Canadian and US residents alike.

I’d love to see a Canadian-specific site, so this kind of stuff could simply be avoided outright.

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

this isnt about canadians coming to this blog or how i feel bout canadians (i love you canadians).
this is about the petty jealousy of a very few individuals.

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

@82 anyway thats a really big post…
problem is it has nothing to do with this post..
or with hulu plus. the ps store doesnt control hulu
or there policies. Hulu doesnt offer hulu plus to you… i wish they did.

+ xaos on November 4th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

I am unclear why the programming lineups are different for Hulu and Hulu Plus; is there a place where I can learn about this, or any plan to bring the larger array of Hulu programming to Plus? It seems counterintuitive to have a pay service have less content.

+ Rene_Led on November 4th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Hmm….Is there a way to pay for Netflix or Hulu by PS$?
It’s just I wouldn’t want to pay monthly by credit card. If I can pay monthly for these services by my PS wallet, then I would consider it ;)

+ evildude683 on November 4th, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

PEOPLE, IF YOU LIVE IN CANADA,MEXICO,CENTRAL,SOUTH AMERICA AND EUROPE PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST AS THE SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION DUE TO COPYRIGHT REGULATIONS.

SO STOP WHINING!

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 4th, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

@88 their subscription fees are handled
by them, not sony. so i dont see that happening.

+ stlcardinal9 on November 4th, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

hulu sucks…ripoff at 10 dollars

+ S-E-G on November 4th, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

there is an error in your tittle, please correct it!!
or is it also coming to Canada?

+ ProfWho on November 4th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

So is it going to have a crap shoot of multiple interfaces and features like Netflix? I really wish I was one of the lucky ones with the nicer Netflix app.

+ morris1129 on November 4th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

Too many commercials….

+ Revelboy on November 4th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

NETFLIX > HULU that is all

+ COLINREY187 on November 4th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

u guys watch 2 much tv…………. play street fighter…..

+ unspacy on November 4th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

if your in canada make a us account to watch hulu i myself have a japanese & uk account that simple

+ Jaimzterr on November 4th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

Hulu should be free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ dajoker000 on November 4th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

I’ve been a fan of the playstation platforms from the very beginning and i must say that it’s a real shame that sony has so many releases that are only available in the U.S. I just hope that users and fans from diferent countries start getting the same benifits soon. It’s the only thing that the ps3 really lacks now otherwise ITS AN AMAZING CONSOLE!!!!!