PS4 - Destiny

LittleBigPlanet Community Update

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Nov 05, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Online Beta news
Its been a while since our last Community Update, and the select few invited to our early phases of the online beta has been going wild. Check out some of the new games/levels they’ve made:

MUST SEESackFighter Dogfight by Raphaei

Danse Macabre by IceMaiden

Pegged by Chimpanzee

We have a few more phases of the beta planned so if you’re longing to get on the beta stay tuned, and we’ll let you know where to go to get them.

LBP Bloggie #2
A while back, we introduced LBP Bloggies and we just finished the second bloggie from this years PAX show. Check out what Matt and Sean put together in a few short hours…

Quick Tweets (Courtesy of LittleBigPlanet Twitter)

Giant Sackboys to feature in the 106th Annual Santa Claus Parade in Toronto on the 21st Nov! – http://bit.ly/cV9wMIless than a minute ago via Echofon

RT @OPM_UK: Great video of EuroGamer LBP2 Dev session: http://bit.ly/boLE8Gless than a minute ago via TweetDeck

Let your imagination run wild with our preview of LittleBigPlanet 2! http://bit.ly/bim5p8less than a minute ago via NXT Gamer

RT: @emogotsaone: I made sackboy out of 400+ pinecones! http://j.mp/d9J2Xkless than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

Community Contributions
We <3 our fans! And we even have more <3s for fans who love our fans! Check out the latest community activity sharing activities below.

77 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ len1978 on November 5th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

nice!!

+ Shane_O on November 5th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

Ummmm…..WOW!

+ fedex682 on November 5th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

This is so awesome!

+ reson8er on November 5th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

Amazing! Now let me in the Beta :-P

+ DeviantBoi on November 5th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Please send me an LBP2 beta code. KTHXBYE!

+ Rhino136 on November 5th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

Starfox recreations here we come!!!!!!!

Game looks amazing.

Going to play original LBP right now.

+ that-acmilan-guy on November 5th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

Beta for All +

+ leimeisei on November 5th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

I’ve loved the beta ever since I’ve gotten it, such a massive improvement over LBP1. There’s only a few thousand people in it right now, and I’m seeing stuff that blows me away, so just imagine when everyone gets the game!

+ DarkCloudLives on November 5th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

Any scan the QR code on the second video? Access Denied!

+ linwood354 on November 5th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

AHHHH I need the beta :(

+ df2506 on November 5th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

All three of the levels look great, but Sackfighter (WOW!) and
Danse Macabre (spooky) impressed me the most.

I’m glad to hear there are more phases of the beta in store. I hope I can get in, but if not, well, I’m just really glad that MM & co are showing us levels from it. I’m looking forward to January 18th a lot!

+ Zookey on November 5th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

So, it looks like there is stuff in that fighter jet video outside of the 3 planes–does this mean that we can use extra planes for artistic purposes without having to used glitched materials for the ’50 layer glitch’?

+ Dice_for_Death_ on November 5th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

Very interesting.

+ ryker_362 on November 5th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

this looks amazing! Just quick question, are you able to make some form of a fighting game in this? that’ll complete the package for me, but this alone is outstanding already.

oh, also, dlc from lbp1 will carry on into lbp 2, correct?

+ TheAlbraskan on November 5th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

Sure is amazing what this game is letting players do. And since it’s coming out on the 18th of January, LBP 2 will totally be a great game to start out the new year!

+ grcd61 on November 5th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Wow, that’s Raphael’s third MM pick (which all three levels deserved)

+ foodlionslave on November 5th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

I missed the beta codes from ign.com. Is there any chance you will give out beta codes on this forum?

+ angelspawn77 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

wow, I cant believe how many awesome things you can do with this game. I cant wait till january until I get my hands on it. Dont want the time to go by THAT fast though because I likes me holidays :P

+ Superstrokey1123 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

wow @ the topgun clone. Awesome stuff

+ MarioGamer159 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

Any news on the Final Fantasy DLC?

+ wocyob on November 5th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

i really cant wait for this game… by far the coolest game we will ever get… cant wait to make some kind of RPG

+ BrianC6234 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

I want in on this beta. I have PS Plus and get Qore. I also preordered LBP2. How about letting us in the beta? This game was delayed so at least give us the beta if we preordered.

+ DiaFa67 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

i cant wait till the game comes out in January, until then im gonna be working my hardest to find every single bug, its hard work but somebody has to do it.

+ inuyasha5400 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

so how can people without playstation plus be in the beta? i really want to get in this beta plus one of my friends wants to get in to.

+ Spinout209 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

I want in the Beta it looks like a TON of fun. Also, LBP is on sale at Target for $20

+ snake4308 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

Hey Mark!

I made a fanmade trailer of LBP2! check it out!

ht.tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRucf-czY2M

+ jedi_webslinger on November 5th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

I’m speechless. This looks incredible.

+ DiaFa67 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

if you guy flood them with msgs saying i need in, they may not send that many out. just sit and be patient and watch your email, thats what i did and then “poof!” there it was. and if you dont get in then there was a reason for it. when they want you in you will get a code.

+ F-minus on November 5th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

STOP TEASING ME!!!! its starting to hurt!!!

Some kids are scared of a monster under there bed, Is it wrong to be a little scared if there a Sackboy under my bed? I know he means well and all, but… its still a little creepy.

+ NorthernLitez on November 5th, 2010 at 1:55 pm said:

WTF….can this game get any better. You have truely out done yourselves this time. The wait is absolutely killing me…hopefully + members get a shot at the beta or at least an early demo (before Christmas :-)

With all the Call of Duty blah blah Battlefield blah. Thankyou for actually bringing us something groundbreaking!

+ dragonmagician on November 5th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

I might just go to the Santa Claus Parade to see the Sackboy float.

+ Chimpanzee on November 5th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

Wow. I can’t believe my Pegged level got featured. Thanks! I love that Dance Macabre level too. Brilliantly done. Here’s another recording of my level which shows all the bonuses and other things I included: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwscJxx1DsQ

+ Permafry_42 on November 5th, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

when is the beta going to become more public (for example available for all PlayStation plus, qore subscribers, people who platinum’d lbp1, or just all psn members who want to participate)?

+ Suicide_Surfer on November 5th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

THIS IS BULL****
i have ps+
i have bought dlc
and i play lbp everyday!

so do i have the beta…yep you guessed it…NO!

ive seen people who barely play lbp get the beta…and they dont even play it!! TELL ME WHY I DIDNT GET IT

+ Makio-Da-Flash on November 5th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

have you heard any news about the space suit or the birthday cake costumes coming back

+ pitythefool852 on November 5th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

I bet someone could make a Sonic game better than Sonic 4 on here :)

+ MLZ911 on November 5th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

i want it now!! lol can’t wait til 2011

+ PhadedWun on November 5th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

I was already planning on getting this – in fact already have the Collector’s Edition pre-ordered and was pumped for it. Sad to hear it delayed, but if this is an indicator of what’s to come it just makes me want it even more.

+ digitalman123 on November 5th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

I got CE pre-ordered! Mark, did you admit me into the beta? I haven’t checked my e-mail in a while.

+ MadMeat001 on November 5th, 2010 at 4:01 pm said:

I can’t believe how amazing the player can do :)
Hey i just found out PlayStation is going Canadian supporter after all the people crying for it!
that’s sweet!
PLEASE RELEASE THE SONG SERVICE TO CANADA ALSO AT FIRST DAY!!!

+ kakashiluigi on November 5th, 2010 at 4:01 pm said:

I’m more exited to see what people do with the game then the game its self….and I’m pretty darn exited to begin with.
Ever since I heard about Little big planet 2 I wanted it.

+ galacemiguelEU on November 5th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

Hello, there!

I have been fortunate enough to participate in the LittleBigPlanet 2 BETA. I have my code and have been playing for about a little over a week. Sad thing is, I still have yet to receive access to lbp.me or the official Beta forums. I have been told by StevenI that he would chase up the issue, if it still persisted, by Monday, but it’s already Saturday (where I’m at) and I still have yet to be granted access. I have also been told that, recently, there has been “a delay with a few people’s beta forum access.” However, a little while after that, I heard that another of the Beta testers gained access. I still have yet to, though. I would just like to receive an update on this situation. Thanks!

+ matthaten on November 5th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

people dont ask to get in just wait you might get in or wait for the public beta

+ Unseen_Soul on November 5th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

QUESTION ABOUT LBP2 CE PRE-ORDER

I pre-ordered the LBP2 Collectors Edition from Gamestop. They gave me my receipt and i also paid off the entire pre-order, that day, in store. Now when i got home to put my receipt somewhere safe i realized that there was no code on my receipt. Now there’s special downloads that the people who pre-ordered are suppose to receive and i’m wondering, how do i get those? Will a voucher of some sort be given to me on January 18 when i go to pick up my game or was there suppose to be a code on my receipt (there wasnt one)? I just want to make sure i get everything and i BEG of you important person in charge of answering forum question, PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS AS MUCH AS YOU CAN :(

+ Muskiemazing on November 5th, 2010 at 5:38 pm said:

It is going to be a great game . Can’t wait .

+ PeAcHS08 on November 5th, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

i been in playstation plus since it first started. I have only received ONE beta invite and that was to the new playstation rewards beta program. I hope they give playstation plus users invitation to beta !!

+ coco4455 on November 5th, 2010 at 5:47 pm said:

Hi, I Have Been A LBP Fan Since Waaay Back Novembers ago LOL
I Have Only Been Only Been Online Since February And So Missed
The LBP Birthday Costumes Released Last 2 Years. The Space Man Suit And The BirthDay Cake Suit Are 2 Of The Awesomest Commerative Costumes But Wernt Re-Released In Time For LBP’S Birthday ( November 5 Th I Thought ) Of This Year.
I Have Pre-Ordered And Fully Paid The $80.00 Collector Edition
at Game Stop And Have Fully Supported LBP, And Know LBP Is The BEST Game To Come Out For Comminity and Imagination That Any Age Can Utilize. So As Such… Are You Going To Re-Release The SpaceMan And BirthDay Cake Suit? It Would BE Kool… A Little Something Because It Was Delayed ? LOL Thanks For The AMAZING Game MM. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE COSTUMES :) THANKS :)

+ juanpipe on November 5th, 2010 at 7:00 pm said:

Hi Mark, I just wanted to ask if I didn’t get the original MGS and PotC DLC, will I still have access for the Paint Gun and Water or LBP2, or do I have to buy them? Thanks.

+ MadMeat001 on November 5th, 2010 at 8:50 pm said:

PlayStation is the craziest publisher and console manufacturer ever existed :D

PAGE 1 2