PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Nov 05

Nov 05

Next Week on PSN: Crescent Pale Mist

Enrique Galvez's Avatar Posted by President, Rockin’ Android

Hello, again, everyone! This is Enrique Galvez and Adam Milecki, returning to tell you about Rockin’ Android’s latest PlayStation Network release, Crescent Pale Mist for your PlayStation 3! Rockin’ Android has become known for its love of shoot-em’-up games, but our passion for video games runs deep and wide. That’s why we’re proud to present Crescent Pale Mist from independent Japanese developer, ClassiC Shikoukairo. It’s a hardcore 2.5D action/platformer that will scratch your nostalgia itch, just like the Gundemonium Collection did, but in a very different way. Crescent Pale Mist combines tense exploration platforming with rapid fighting and bullet-hell shoot-’em-up mechanics into one thrilling experience.

In Crescent Pale Mist, you are the sorceress Yunou, the only magician capable of wielding powerful and deadly magic known as Pale Mist in Gasyukal, a beautiful and explosive dimension between worlds, rife with monstrosities. Toxic Pale Mist is leaking from Gasyukal into the outside world, and Yunou is determined to stop those responsible, her former comrades. As Yunou, you’ll have to explore, but curiosity can kill you here. Take risks, leaps of faith, and battle the myriad of monsters that block your already uncertain path. When you find your way, clash blades and lethal spells with powerful magicians that you once called countrymen, and turn the dreadful flow of Pale Mist against itself. As Rockin’ Android’s own, Jody Mahler, sums it up, “It’s a rivalry between super powerful magicians that has gone too far, and as a result, puts an entire universe at risk for destruction. There are heroes you’ll admire and villains you’ll love.”

Crescent Pale Mist

Crescent Pale Mist Crescent Pale Mist

Sony Online Entertainment and Rockin’ Android have done their part to make ClassiC Shikoukairo’s hard work on Crescent Pale Mist shine even brighter. Working with the prolific Sony Online Entertainment has allowed us the luxury to enhance the PSN release in a few areas, this includes dynamic lightning, texture mapping, and additional artwork provided by the enormously talented Keiko Sakurai.

Crescent Pale Mist will be available for $5.99 this Tuesday, November 9th, exclusively on PlayStation Network.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

vza004 said:

November 5th, 1:08 pm

I see Doujin Soft type games beginning to come to PSN. Awesome.

adolson said:

November 5th, 1:28 pm

Definitely buying this! Thank you for bringing games like this to the PSN, and if you have any more vertical-scrolling shooters (hopefully ones that aren’t extremely difficult), I’ll take those, too!

Enrique Galvez's Avatar

Enrique Galvez said:

November 9th, 10:31 am

Hi Adolson – don’t worry, more on the way!

OldKai said:

November 5th, 1:40 pm

Definitely getting this, game looks pretty darn good and the price is even better. I hate Novembers.. too many games.

IceColdEskimo said:

November 5th, 1:42 pm

Great Price and great action, day 1 for me

gor1llap1mp said:

November 5th, 1:52 pm

This is awesome, but I gotta say we really need more shooters on PSN as XBOX is outdoing us by a 5:1 ratio!

adolson said:

November 5th, 2:14 pm

Oh, forgot to say thanks for putting your prices at $5.99 – that’s is the opposite of the current trend, but it means I’ll buy ’em all (even without a demo).

I bought the Gundemonium Collection, thinking Hitogata Happa would be my favorite (not big on the side-scrollers), but Recollection ended up out-gunning it. :)

x9248 said:

November 5th, 4:09 pm

Wow, first Gundemonium Collection and now this? Not to mention it’s a great price and an actual release date was given… *ahem*

Rockin’ Android is quickly becoming my favorite PSN publisher.

Enrique Galvez's Avatar

Enrique Galvez said:

November 9th, 10:35 am

Sweet!!!!! We love these game and we’ve got more on the way!

LiquidMetal14 said:

November 5th, 4:23 pm

More of this kind of material on the PSN. Great price too. Consider it bought.

clupula668 said:

November 5th, 5:02 pm

Will be buying this!

Darokyu said:

November 5th, 8:38 pm

I’ll be adding this to my copy of Gundemonium Collection. At that price it’d be ridiculous not to.

Charles_Surge said:

November 5th, 9:29 pm

Kudos on pricing this right. This looks uniquely awesome! I’m buying it.

OCDog45 said:

November 5th, 10:33 pm

This does look pretty tight. and the price is right.

nerdmanwhippy said:

November 6th, 12:55 am

Kudos for keeping the pricing wallet friendly. Day one purchase, also kudos to see you lurking on here responding to peoples questions :D

AyatoKamina2 said:

November 6th, 4:42 am

hmmm… this looks quite interesting….
and i did surprise myself by liking GundeadliGne….
and its Pseudo-Free… WHAT AM I WAITING FOR!!!

…..oh wait, tuesday…. that’s right….

MrZombie1 said:

November 6th, 11:29 am

sold! and at 6 bucks, I think all the other developers and publishers need to see the positive reaction to the price point

Neriastar said:

November 6th, 3:01 pm

This looks absolutely amazing. Great price too. Definitely buying this.

SpecDotSign said:

November 6th, 5:43 pm

Looks great. Is there any way you guys can bring over Malicious. I’ve really been wanting to play that game. Of course I will be getting this on Tuesday.

Enrique Galvez's Avatar

Enrique Galvez said:

November 9th, 10:30 am

Sorry, no Malicious – but the trailer looks awesome!

odd69 said:

November 7th, 1:34 am

I will be buying first day as well, great price to. I didn’t get Gundemonium Collection, But since platformers are more my thing Ill be buying this, got the money waiting already for you guys.I actually had planned on NOT buying anything because I just got fallout new vegas, thus don’t really need anything else for a long time.BUT im a sucker for a platformer and the price is just to good.

GibbShift said:

November 8th, 8:28 am

I thought the days of good games for $9.99 and lower were over. Glad to see that’s not the case. Purchased tomorrow. :D

Cerzel said:

November 8th, 3:08 pm

Am I the only commenter to have played the original?
This is a great game, but I have to say it seems an odd choice for localisation given that it’s been fan-translated for years.
Still, I’d be willing to support the devs again for this great game.

Some questions though: Why the PSN and not a PC release? And will it be getting an Australian release like Gundemonium did (if somewhat late)?

Enrique Galvez's Avatar

Enrique Galvez said:

November 9th, 10:27 am

Hi Cerzel, if you enjoyed the PC version – you’ll be impressed with the PS3 version. Yes coming to Australia – a little later than U.S. but we wouldn’t leave you guys out :)

Chuckbait said:

November 9th, 8:31 am

This looks awesome. I’m loving the price tag. Tell me there are custom soundtracks and you have a purchase from me.

(Although, I’m guessing this title does not support said feature.)

Enrique Galvez's Avatar

Enrique Galvez said:

November 9th, 10:22 am

Hi Chuckbait – sorry, no OST at this time – but you never know :)

NSomnia091 said:

November 9th, 4:45 pm

I love the new character portrait designs!
BUT WHY IS THIS GAME HARD?!?!?!?!?!
other than that, i love it <3

SilentHitoshura said:

November 9th, 5:07 pm

Really looking forward to this, I saw you said it oming to Australia, will it be available in Europe? and if so, rought time frame?

VinsanityV21 said:

November 9th, 7:14 pm

Suh-weet! I really, really dig these Doujin/Japanese Indie games coming to PSN. But as much as I liked Gundemonium Recollection, I am pretty burnt out on Schmups and didn’t want to see another one for awhile. A sidescrolling slasher like this is exactly what I wanted:) Keep up the variety and killer games, Rockin’ Android!

Btw, is there any chance a game like Duo Princess* or Gunner’s Heart* could ever see a release like this? Legally, I’d imagine it would be impossible since they’re clearly fan made sequels/spinoffs to actual, retail games like Threads of Fate or SkyGunners.

* – http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/duoprincess/duoprincess.htm
** – http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/gunnersheart/gunnersheart.htm

VinsanityV21 said:

November 10th, 8:40 pm

Also, might I stump for RosenKreuzStillete*? This gothic Mega Man Doujin title looks like it would make for an awesome PSN release:D

* – http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/rosenkreuzstilette/rosenkreuzstilette.htm