PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Next Week on PSN: Crescent Pale Mist

Enrique Galvez's Avatar + Posted by Enrique Galvez on Nov 05, 2010 // President, Rockin’ Android

Hello, again, everyone! This is Enrique Galvez and Adam Milecki, returning to tell you about Rockin’ Android’s latest PlayStation Network release, Crescent Pale Mist for your PlayStation 3! Rockin’ Android has become known for its love of shoot-em’-up games, but our passion for video games runs deep and wide. That’s why we’re proud to present Crescent Pale Mist from independent Japanese developer, ClassiC Shikoukairo. It’s a hardcore 2.5D action/platformer that will scratch your nostalgia itch, just like the Gundemonium Collection did, but in a very different way. Crescent Pale Mist combines tense exploration platforming with rapid fighting and bullet-hell shoot-’em-up mechanics into one thrilling experience.

In Crescent Pale Mist, you are the sorceress Yunou, the only magician capable of wielding powerful and deadly magic known as Pale Mist in Gasyukal, a beautiful and explosive dimension between worlds, rife with monstrosities. Toxic Pale Mist is leaking from Gasyukal into the outside world, and Yunou is determined to stop those responsible, her former comrades. As Yunou, you’ll have to explore, but curiosity can kill you here. Take risks, leaps of faith, and battle the myriad of monsters that block your already uncertain path. When you find your way, clash blades and lethal spells with powerful magicians that you once called countrymen, and turn the dreadful flow of Pale Mist against itself. As Rockin’ Android’s own, Jody Mahler, sums it up, “It’s a rivalry between super powerful magicians that has gone too far, and as a result, puts an entire universe at risk for destruction. There are heroes you’ll admire and villains you’ll love.”

Crescent Pale Mist

Crescent Pale Mist Crescent Pale Mist

Sony Online Entertainment and Rockin’ Android have done their part to make ClassiC Shikoukairo’s hard work on Crescent Pale Mist shine even brighter. Working with the prolific Sony Online Entertainment has allowed us the luxury to enhance the PSN release in a few areas, this includes dynamic lightning, texture mapping, and additional artwork provided by the enormously talented Keiko Sakurai.

Crescent Pale Mist will be available for $5.99 this Tuesday, November 9th, exclusively on PlayStation Network.

PAGE 1 2

+ vza004 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

I see Doujin Soft type games beginning to come to PSN. Awesome.

+ adolson on November 5th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

Definitely buying this! Thank you for bringing games like this to the PSN, and if you have any more vertical-scrolling shooters (hopefully ones that aren’t extremely difficult), I’ll take those, too!

Enrique Galvez's Avatar

+ Enrique Galvez on November 9th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

Hi Adolson – don’t worry, more on the way!

+ OldKai on November 5th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

Definitely getting this, game looks pretty darn good and the price is even better. I hate Novembers.. too many games.

+ IceColdEskimo on November 5th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

Great Price and great action, day 1 for me

+ gor1llap1mp on November 5th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

This is awesome, but I gotta say we really need more shooters on PSN as XBOX is outdoing us by a 5:1 ratio!

+ adolson on November 5th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

Oh, forgot to say thanks for putting your prices at $5.99 – that’s is the opposite of the current trend, but it means I’ll buy ‘em all (even without a demo).

I bought the Gundemonium Collection, thinking Hitogata Happa would be my favorite (not big on the side-scrollers), but Recollection ended up out-gunning it. :)

+ x9248 on November 5th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

Wow, first Gundemonium Collection and now this? Not to mention it’s a great price and an actual release date was given… *ahem*

Rockin’ Android is quickly becoming my favorite PSN publisher.

Enrique Galvez's Avatar

+ Enrique Galvez on November 9th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

Sweet!!!!! We love these game and we’ve got more on the way!

+ LiquidMetal14 on November 5th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

More of this kind of material on the PSN. Great price too. Consider it bought.

+ clupula668 on November 5th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

Will be buying this!

+ Darokyu on November 5th, 2010 at 8:38 pm said:

I’ll be adding this to my copy of Gundemonium Collection. At that price it’d be ridiculous not to.

+ Charles_Surge on November 5th, 2010 at 9:29 pm said:

Kudos on pricing this right. This looks uniquely awesome! I’m buying it.

+ OCDog45 on November 5th, 2010 at 10:33 pm said:

This does look pretty tight. and the price is right.

+ nerdmanwhippy on November 6th, 2010 at 12:55 am said:

Kudos for keeping the pricing wallet friendly. Day one purchase, also kudos to see you lurking on here responding to peoples questions :D

+ AyatoKamina2 on November 6th, 2010 at 4:42 am said:

hmmm… this looks quite interesting….
and i did surprise myself by liking GundeadliGne….
and its Pseudo-Free… WHAT AM I WAITING FOR!!!

…..oh wait, tuesday…. that’s right….

+ MrZombie1 on November 6th, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

sold! and at 6 bucks, I think all the other developers and publishers need to see the positive reaction to the price point

+ Neriastar on November 6th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

This looks absolutely amazing. Great price too. Definitely buying this.

+ SpecDotSign on November 6th, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

Looks great. Is there any way you guys can bring over Malicious. I’ve really been wanting to play that game. Of course I will be getting this on Tuesday.

Enrique Galvez's Avatar

+ Enrique Galvez on November 9th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

Sorry, no Malicious – but the trailer looks awesome!

+ odd69 on November 7th, 2010 at 1:34 am said:

I will be buying first day as well, great price to. I didn’t get Gundemonium Collection, But since platformers are more my thing Ill be buying this, got the money waiting already for you guys.I actually had planned on NOT buying anything because I just got fallout new vegas, thus don’t really need anything else for a long time.BUT im a sucker for a platformer and the price is just to good.

+ GibbShift on November 8th, 2010 at 8:28 am said:

I thought the days of good games for $9.99 and lower were over. Glad to see that’s not the case. Purchased tomorrow. :D

+ Cerzel on November 8th, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

Am I the only commenter to have played the original?
This is a great game, but I have to say it seems an odd choice for localisation given that it’s been fan-translated for years.
Still, I’d be willing to support the devs again for this great game.

Some questions though: Why the PSN and not a PC release? And will it be getting an Australian release like Gundemonium did (if somewhat late)?

Enrique Galvez's Avatar

+ Enrique Galvez on November 9th, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

Hi Cerzel, if you enjoyed the PC version – you’ll be impressed with the PS3 version. Yes coming to Australia – a little later than U.S. but we wouldn’t leave you guys out :)

+ Chuckbait on November 9th, 2010 at 8:31 am said:

This looks awesome. I’m loving the price tag. Tell me there are custom soundtracks and you have a purchase from me.

(Although, I’m guessing this title does not support said feature.)

Enrique Galvez's Avatar

+ Enrique Galvez on November 9th, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

Hi Chuckbait – sorry, no OST at this time – but you never know :)

+ NSomnia091 on November 9th, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

I love the new character portrait designs!
BUT WHY IS THIS GAME HARD?!?!?!?!?!
other than that, i love it <3

+ SilentHitoshura on November 9th, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

Really looking forward to this, I saw you said it oming to Australia, will it be available in Europe? and if so, rought time frame?

+ VinsanityV21 on November 9th, 2010 at 7:14 pm said:

Suh-weet! I really, really dig these Doujin/Japanese Indie games coming to PSN. But as much as I liked Gundemonium Recollection, I am pretty burnt out on Schmups and didn’t want to see another one for awhile. A sidescrolling slasher like this is exactly what I wanted:) Keep up the variety and killer games, Rockin’ Android!

Btw, is there any chance a game like Duo Princess* or Gunner’s Heart* could ever see a release like this? Legally, I’d imagine it would be impossible since they’re clearly fan made sequels/spinoffs to actual, retail games like Threads of Fate or SkyGunners.

* – http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/duoprincess/duoprincess.htm
** – http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/gunnersheart/gunnersheart.htm

+ VinsanityV21 on November 10th, 2010 at 8:40 pm said:

Also, might I stump for RosenKreuzStillete*? This gothic Mega Man Doujin title looks like it would make for an awesome PSN release:D

* – http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/rosenkreuzstilette/rosenkreuzstilette.htm