GTAV PS4

PlayStation Home Updates Core Client to Version 1.4

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Nov 05, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Hey everyone!

Great news: On Thursday, November 11th, PlayStation Home will update to version 1.4. This update to the core client will have an enormous impact on users and developers alike, as it is literally jam-packed with new and revised features. A full list of these features will be posted next week, but before the weekend hits I wanted to hop in here and give you all a sneak peek at some of the exciting new features that will be coming with this update.

PlayStation Home Logo

Grouping and Voice Chat
That’s right – voice chat is coming back! With version 1.4 you will be able to form a “Group” with up to 8 people and chat with one another in both public and personal spaces. The best part is that these groups will have dedicated voice and text chat channels that allow you to speak to members of your group regardless of where each of you may be located in-world! New voice and chat channels will also be made available for clubs, making communication with other members of your club much easier.

Wardrobe Improvements
Alongside improved voice chat, many of you have asked for additional inventory/wardrobe management features. Our development team has taken your requests very seriously and have instituted sweeping improvements, including:

• You will now have the ability to mark items as “Favorites” – making commonly-used items much easier to relocate.
  • Newly-acquired items (along with categories that contain new items) will be marked accordingly.
  • Options for filtering and sorting items have been added, giving you greater control over which items you see and how they are displayed.

There is also a new “Storage” section that will be added to your wardrobe so you can store away items that you do not regularly use. For those with a lot of items in their wardrobe, placing items into storage will result in your wardrobe loading faster, and will make it easier for you to browse your main wardrobe. This system is very flexible and allows you to quickly restore items to your main wardrobe when you need them.

While these are some of the most important changes associated with version 1.4, this does not represent the entire scope of the update. Trust me – we have tons of cool stuff in store for you next week ;) Stay tuned to this blog for a more in-depth list of all the awesome features and improvements coming your way next Thursday.

See you in Home!

+ Worm- on November 5th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

Legitimate question
Is home going to be the gateway to cross game voice chat? Sounds like it does to me, (at least eventually).

With the new update, are we going to be able to group up and launch games/matches easier?

+ PMCMRCHARM on November 5th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

Finally let the everywhere voice chat Begin!

+ Squallman on November 5th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

Thank God!!! its about time for the voice chatting for more than one person…. but its a little too late… wouldve loved to use it for socom… but no one plays it no more… oh well… ): still should be good..

+ nandosupes on November 5th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

If possible,add more facial hair styles please?,I want to get a beard only line up,gotta look good lol.keep up the good work PS Home Team!!.

+ Spinout209 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Hopefulle the update also includes improved load times. This update look really good

+ djFJ on November 5th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

I wish the group chat could work like a party system, there is a great idea this mix:

Group chat (that it remains all the time until you come back home again) + Universal Gaming Launching (really support, that it allows you entire on one group inside any game) + option booting up PS3 ejecting home directly.

+ TheGuardianFID on November 5th, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

Awesome stuff Locust, thank you and the team for kicking butt lol, I’ll be looking forward to the update!!! 8)

+ jedi_webslinger on November 5th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

Glad to see the return of voice chat. Limit to a group is just an swesome idea. So i wont be able to listen to every barking dog, like it was in the closed beta

+ WaveLightning777 on November 5th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

Return of VC and wardrobe sorting? Along with more TBA features? I REALLY need to get my YLoD fixed…

+ ODINGameslayer on November 5th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

Finally- the wardrobe functionality update is LONG overdue- thanks for getting to this!

+ owenboy112 on November 5th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

cant wait for black ops!! the client will be good and the chat.

+ Lugoves on November 5th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

Awesome Update, I’ve been trying to remember to return to Home now and again, whenever I do I’m surprised by how much more there is to do, like Dragon Golf and Midway are my favorite.

+ phatso64 on November 5th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

lol , where’s all the crybabies that say sony never listens to our suggestions ? this update ROCKS!!! Homeliongs Rock !!!

+ Bygone4 on November 5th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

seriously, make a F&*%ing party/cross game chat already, maybe sony hasn’t noticed yet, but nobody likes “home”

+ PaperCarrier on November 5th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

Hopefully we can invite guests to chat groups, Don’t wanna have to fill my friends list just to use this or have my inbox spammed with friends request for voice chat every time I go to the plaza.

+ phatso64 on November 5th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Homeliongs???? opps… Homelings* lol .. stoopid phat phingers ….

+ Ashitaka96 on November 5th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

@29 LpSquall: I too would like the promised trophy room.

+ Ashitaka96 on November 5th, 2010 at 2:59 pm said:

@61 I second MarinoBrea’s trophy pavilion. Maybe you could have quick access to you and your friends trophies there too.

+ footballrule on November 5th, 2010 at 3:02 pm said:

Looking forward to this update!!! :D

+ SPOOKULA209 on November 5th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

Got in Home last night for about a half hour to check out a podcast that was going on. It’s a cool place to visit but until they put more game or informational stuff in there I don’t think people will really take Home seriously.

Home does have it’s following but to appeal to more people they have to give them the things that were promised initially, like streaming video from your PS3 to your apartment and the trophy room for trophies you’ve earned in games, and also give people some Home trophies, that would get a lot of people in Home trust me.

+ SKOT_FREE on November 5th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

Cross game chat is useless. As if I am playing Red Dead and my friend is playing MW2, like I want to talk. Uh no thanks! Good work on the Home Update, can’t wait!

+ pitythefool852 on November 5th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

Is there any chance of Home being integrated with other PS3 titles?

I’d like to be able to play Sports Champions using my Home avatar

It’d also be cool if your personalised EyePet could walk around with you in Home

Or, we could get free Home items with each game we purchase. So, for example, I have Uncharted 2. I could automatically get Nathan’s jacket or Tenzin’s hat, just for completing the game.

More integration is good

+ ShirokoNezumi on November 5th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

any chance of allowing us to make/upload custom costumes in the near future?

+ Zinacef on November 5th, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

How can I become a community volunteer in Home?

+ HFarnsworth on November 5th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

Waiting for a certain fly person to show up and complain about something they havent even seen yet in 3….2….1….

+ Lance_Akiro on November 5th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

awesome job Sony best improvement ever. now just have to figure how to sit in a seat in the theater and have the option to view it big screen while sitting in a chair

+ IceCreamBandit on November 5th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

WICKED!!! Forget public chat lol….I think I just fainted over wardrobe improvements. *PARTIES*

+ souljaman345 on November 5th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

i can beat anyone in madden 6.7.8.9.10 or 11 on psp and when is the psp update

+ whitwhit on November 5th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

well guys if voice chat is back i guess that i am coming back with that ;)

+ DA_SHREDDER on November 5th, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

So does that mean we can chat even during pool table games and poker? That would be sick and give me a reason to keep coming back to home and spending even more money.

+ vcotson on November 5th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

new central plaza!!!! new central plaza!!!!! ^_^

+ fuzzyclutter on November 5th, 2010 at 5:41 pm said:

@22 this version of chat is much better , you can choose to hear what you want to hear rather than somebody expressing their adoration for a song or just being stupid with their mic . it makes sense logically as your PROBABLY not interested in EVERYBODIES conversations .

+ dc4daniel on November 5th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

Home has always been a joke to me, but I’m glad they’re finally releasing features that people actually want. Instead of re-hashed clothing items every week.

+ vistadreamer on November 5th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

I have one short phrase for you Locust and Home Team! “Freakin’ Awesome! About Time!” :) Count me back into Home alot more often now. I no longer have to worry about plugging a keyboard in, so it will be much easier. Vistadreamer is back! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Creative_ae on November 5th, 2010 at 6:04 pm said:

cross game voice chat please

+ NotoriousGamer on November 5th, 2010 at 6:25 pm said:

How about a delete option for clothes, items, personal spaces??? this is silly not to include even at this late stage.

+ redfoxreaper on November 5th, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

im glad you guys are improving PS home. One of the reason i bought ps3 is because of that. i hope u add way more features into home.

+ mon2435 on November 5th, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

are you bring back easports poker room

+ wolverinevsx23 on November 5th, 2010 at 7:34 pm said:

I wish they’d put some effort into other much needed/requested features like cross-game chat, voice messaging, and an offline/invisible mode (eg. when I’m watching Netflix I don’t want to be bothered with messages).

+ boneyardweller89 on November 5th, 2010 at 7:52 pm said:

I’m not ripping on Home here, but I’m just not really seeing the appeal of the application. It’s got some cool features like the group chat and game launching, but those things seem like they would be better suited as XMB features. The Home team has done a great job with the service, but I just never find myself wanting to use it.

+ pkwest on November 5th, 2010 at 8:01 pm said:

THis is great but i think their more stuff to be fixed like more games and tv in personal space

+ KainDrake on November 5th, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

Will the improvements include improved video playback in the theater and other places that has video in Home? The way the videos are right now, they keep buffering constantly over and over again every second and it gets annoying. I prefer how it used to be when we had to wait for it to download. At least we didn’t watch them choppy back then.

+ Lord_Rinja on November 5th, 2010 at 8:26 pm said:

This is a pleasant surprise. I am glad you opted to fix voice chat and interweave it in the Club interface. I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for the 1.4 client. This has to be the best Home news I have heard so far. Thanks for updating the features. I had a feeling something crazy was going to happen since you released the Hollywood Hills Personal Space.

+ DNAgent on November 5th, 2010 at 8:52 pm said:

When is voice chat for public spaces coming back? Group chat is just a glorified private chat. I want chat for everyone in public spaces. It seems like Home just keeps getting watered down ever since it was first announced which is why it’s not surprising that it’s STILL in beta.

This is just another pointless update with useless features.

+ Aka_Snyper on November 5th, 2010 at 10:36 pm said:

why dont u guys use HOME as the primary interface and the xmb as the menu with restrictions towards settings or checking picture messages…that way more ppl will kno about home and play it…with this group chat addition it’ll make things alot better…also make game launching for all games within HOME! It’ll be cool to see ur house in HOME as soon as the ps3 is turned on :)

+ Aka_Snyper on November 5th, 2010 at 10:47 pm said:

I think u guys should make home the primary interface for the ps3 and make the xmb the in-game menu with no restrictions towards setting options or checking picture messages…that way every would get to kno HOME a little better

Also allow game launching for all games with video and music streaming directly from the hd…a netflix intergration would also be cool :)

+ Wolf26pack on November 5th, 2010 at 11:48 pm said:

Great we haven’t seen an update in what feels like quite a while.Here are some of the things I hope are seen…

– Ability to Fullscreen video’s in the Theater from any seat (Like what you can do in the Other Regions)

– Ablility to Actually Lay in Beds or seats that you are supposed to be able to lay in

– 50 Item Furniture Limit raised in Apartments (Would make more people buy more furniture for their exisiting spaces)

– Ablility to place Picture Frames on any wall and in any amount (Of course each would count as part of a hopefully raised furniture item limit)

This are some of the things I would hope to see in this update. Their are a couple of other things but these would be the most important. I hope you guys are working on some of these I listed. :-)

Can’t wait to find out on Thursday
Wolf26pack

+ SenileAssassin on November 6th, 2010 at 1:03 am said:

PlayStation Home? It’s still around??? Wow!

+ HerbertFortoon on November 6th, 2010 at 1:08 am said:

I’ve tried to leave an idea suggestion,b tu it never gets through. How about a netflix party option for me and my friends in home who all have netflix??

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 6th, 2010 at 1:40 am said:

dreams are good…. very good = )