Final Fantasy XV

Nov 05

Nov 05

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone, it’s time for this week’s video store updates!

In honor of Toy Story 3’s release this week, many of your favorite animated films are in the spotlight! Update your library with heartwarming titles including How To Train Your Dragon, Stuart Little, Open Season and more in Spotlight on Animation. Next, witness Adam Sandler in all of his glory in Deal of the Week: Grown Ups. Find incredible discounts on classic Adam Sandler movies like Anger Management, Big Daddy, and Click. Also, starting this week, PlayStation brings you November’s Artist of the Month, Christina Aguilera, who makes her big-screen debut on 11/24 in the movie musical, Burlesque. Visit Featured Collections > Artist of the Month on the video store to watch the trailer, or learn more here.

Sports fans rejoice! Experience the action and relive the moments with MLB 2010 World Series, NBA Games of the Year 2010-2011, and WWE Smackdown all available on the store this week. Other hot deals on PSN include a FREE episode of Running Russell Simmons available now through 11/17 and two amazing sales running now through 11/10 – own The Wolfman (2010) and rent The Road both at discounted prices! Last but not least, check out academy winning blockbuster Monster plus other great flicks like Leaves of Grass, Assassin Next Door, As Good As Dead, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, and more by visiting Movie > Studios > First Look to get the entire First Look library!

Before you head to the video store, check out the trailer for The Karate Kid, now available for RENT for both US and Canada users!

New TV shows and movies arrive every week. Here’s a taste of what’s in store:

Just in TV
US Store: The Walking Dead: Season 1, MLB 2010 World Series, Fringe: Season 3, Outsourced: Season 1, South Park: Season 14, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon: Season 1, Paranormal State: Season 5, More Than Sports: Season 1, The Super Hero Squad Show: Season 2, Castle: Season 3, Fanboy and Chum Chum: Season 1, How I Met Your Mother: Season 6, Little People, Big World: Season 10, The Tester: Season 2, One Tree Hill: Season 8, Terriers: Season 1, Bones: Season 6, and more.

Canada Store: The Walking Dead: Season 1, True Jackson, VP: Season 2, Bleach: Season 11, High School of the Dead: Season 1, Intervention: Season 7, The Tester: Season 2, Naruto Shippuden Uncut: Season 1, Vol. 4, Disorderly Conduct: Video on Patrol: Season 2, Ring of Honor Wrestling: Season 1, The Walking Dead: Season 1, and more.

New Release Movies
US Store: Toy Story 3, Thankskilling, Nice Guy Johnny, Phone, Lake Placid 3 (Unrated), All Good Things, The Experiment, Teenage Dirtbag, Ex Terminators, Kat Williams: 9 Lives, Centurion, and more.

Canada Store: Toy Story 3, Just Like The Son, Lake Placid 3 (Unrated), Please Give, Helen, The Warlords, Fred: The Movie, Cheers, Checking Out, Meadowoods and more.

Top TV Downloads

US:

1. The Walking Dead | Season 1 – Days Gone Bye
  2. Smallville | Season 10 – Harvest
  3. Sons of Anarchy | Season 3 – Lochan Mor
  4. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia | Season 6 – Who Got Dee Pregnant?
  5. Supernatural | Season 6 – You Can’t Handle the Truth

9. Elfen Lied | Season 1 – The Beginning
  10. South Park: Uncensored | Season 13 – The Ring

Top Movie Downloads

US:

1. Predators
  2. How To Train Your Dragon
  3. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
  4. Jonah Hex
  5. Sex and the City 2
  6. Get Him to the Greek (Unrated)
  7. Iron Man 2
  8. Toy Story 3
  9. Milf
  10. Splice

Canada:

1. How To Train Your Dragon
  2. Predators
  3. Toy Story 3
  4. Get Him to the Greek (Unrated)
  5. The Karate Kid
  6. Prince Of Persia – The Sands Of Time
  7. Robin Hood (2010) (Unrated)
  8. Cash
  9. Hot Tub Time Machine (Unrated Version)
  10. Jackass: The Movie

Add Your Own

Rammstone said:

November 5th, 5:20 am

When is video store coming to Norway?

hymner said:

November 5th, 5:22 am

Where is the Video Store for Scandinavia ?

Lugoves said:

November 5th, 5:23 am

Great Content! hey , Is The Walking Dead: Season 1 in HD, because I have AMC and the series started out true to the comic so far [Pilot] but I don’t have AMC in HD. Might get it off the store if it is …

dFUSE said:

November 5th, 5:33 am

When is the video store coming for Sweden?

kivi95 said:

November 5th, 5:42 am

Yeah When is the video store coming to Sweden??All we get is Mubi….

EagleEyeSamurai said:

November 5th, 5:43 am

Where is the video store for Antarctica? lolz jk

omega_alpha-619 said:

November 5th, 5:51 am

@6 Indeed!! You know Sony it gets awfully cold and boring
down here in Antarctica… Please where is our video store…

Berae said:

November 5th, 5:51 am

give us access here in quebec…

Reginthorn said:

November 5th, 5:56 am

Hey where is the Daily Show with Jon Stewart? I know I can watch it online for free, but I would rather watch it on my PlayStation 3!

Mikel1871 said:

November 5th, 5:57 am

Havent “bought” a movie since the deletion of the 6 I got that were taken from me after a update.When Iget these back Ill maybe get more, but after almost a year without a reply as of why or why i cant get them again without buying them all over it seems usless to me to “buy” a movie just to have it taken away for no reason but a firmware update and yes I can see where i have got them B4 but without paying for them again it wont let me Download them to my system.PPPFFFTTTT not goingto fool me like this PSN.

Deadly-Survivor said:

November 5th, 6:20 am

wow u went to maintenance for this lol

Squarewannabe said:

November 5th, 6:30 am

How to Train Your Dragon is an AMAZING movie! I highly recommend everybody to check out it out. Its well worth the money. I happened to purchase it on blu ray the day of its release, and I found the movie to be possibly my favorite movie of the year! I like it even more than Toy Story 3.

I’ll probably check out the Adam Sandler deals. I already got Big Daddy on my PS3.

jgrizzle358 said:

November 5th, 6:37 am

why does it take u 2 or 3 days AFTER the store update to update the blog with the video content when it clearly updates on Tuesdays with the store?

EagleEyeSamurai said:

November 5th, 6:38 am

Back up and running again, I see :-)

Here I was hoping for an upgrade to the comments section. You know, so we can bicker at each other and not just at the original poster lol

jgrizzle358 said:

November 5th, 6:38 am

also, no one ever answered me about why there was no 11/2 edition of Pulse, and I will continue to ask until I get an answer. Just leaving us in the dark is VERY bad customer service and I will NOT stand for it

omega_alpha-619 said:

November 5th, 6:46 am

YAH!! Take that Sony! How dare you not give us
that free content we paid for! hehehe lol

EagleEyeSamurai said:

November 5th, 7:20 am

@15: having Christina Lee withdrawals, I see. No worries. You don’t have to stand for it. You only have to stand with the Kinect. ZING!

reubensitos said:

November 5th, 7:41 am

No more Saturday night midnight movie rental? I liked that you guys did that… although we are past scarry movies time, I was hoping the idea would continue on.

omega_alpha-619 said:

November 5th, 7:52 am

no more free candy and no more free movies ; ;

omega_alpha-619 said:

November 5th, 8:36 am

They should offer more free rentals tho… ^_^

perrandy said:

November 5th, 8:58 am

i think that the free movie rentals should be tied with the plus side of the psn.speaking of which, i read the other day the interview that your colleague susan panico gave to joystiq, i believe and wow you guys surely have great plans for the psn.i think if you guys reach the HBO lvl of programming that alot of people are going to move more away from cable and satellite tv.however,time will tell if the psn will live up to expectations!

on my part i wish you good luck in achieving those goals :0)

arnoldmcguire335 said:

November 5th, 9:12 am

Great update today, but still waiting for the Disney Channel/XD shows in the store… come on! don’t let the green box hogg it too much.

LordRaoh said:

November 5th, 9:47 am

The walking dead will be my first official playstation video store purchase.

cant wait to get home and download it.

i’ve cut off my cable service and only watch netflix, hulu (hulu plus sucks by the way, its missing content their free pc service has) and other websites and services. with that and gamefly i have no need to pay cablevision for anything other than my internet bill.

pitythefool852 said:

November 5th, 10:45 am

I always give video store updates a rating of “Five”, because I feel sorry for the low ratings the posts always get.

Still no video store where I am though (Hong Kong)
We’ve only got two songs in the music store too

Talk about lack of content from the company that includes Sony Pictures and Sony Music

I want to buy stuff… sell something to me!

inverseion said:

November 5th, 1:48 pm

When is the Video Store coming to Pluto? (@1 and @2)

Rammstone said:

November 6th, 1:10 am

I don’t know. They would need internet and a Sony store first

madhi19 said:

November 6th, 7:38 am

Any chance we could get the rest of last year NHL playoff! I be willing to pay good money for the caps vs habs serie!

dagamortal said:

November 6th, 8:24 pm

why can’t i access the movies, and video store. (I’m in USA)

DragonClan7931 said:

November 7th, 8:59 pm

I have a question about something other than this is it possible for u guys to make a way to change a username because i really hate mine and i got a bunch of trophies i dont really wanna restart…

omega_alpha-619 said:

November 7th, 9:11 pm

@28 Probably the same reason you have
difficulty with many other things in life.
But dont worry…. Be happy.. lol ^_^