Far Cry 4

The Drop: Week of Nov 8th 2010 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Nov 07, 2010 // Senior Social Media Specialist

The Call of Duty franchise returns this week with its seventh title, Call of Duty: Black Ops. The hype train finally pulls up to the PlayStation 3 promising to deliver a blockbuster experience when you take on the role of an elite special units officer engaging in classified operations and saving the world from destruction — all in a days work. Sure, the Call of Duty franchise is popular for its excellent and silky smooth multiplayer, but call me old fashioned, I’m looking forward to its epic story and single player campaign.

The-Drop-Main-Header

The Sly Collection, SingStar Dance and The Fight: Lights Out deliver a triple PlayStation combo this week and promises to make good use of your PlayStation Move controllers when you dance to the beat, or beat someone down until they dance. Join me in this week’s The Drop as we kick down the Pentagon doors and hunt down some zombies — I call dibs on Fidel Castro.

PS3: Call of Duty Black Ops

PlayStation 3

Call of Duty: Black Ops Hear the call of duty once again with this seventh entry in this blockbuster first-person shooter franchise. Call of Duty: Black Ops takes you deep behind enemy lines into the world of deniable operations as a member of an elite special forces unit engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe. With access to a variety of exclusive weaponry and equipment, your actions will tip the balance during the most dangerous time period mankind has ever known.

(PS Blog Coverage: Little-Known Facts: Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer)

The Sly Collection The critically-acclaimed Sly Cooper series makes its triumphant return with The Sly Collection. This triple-pack features three PlayStation 2 action-packed classic hits (Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racconus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves) fully remastered in high definition and delivered on a single Blu-Ray Disc. The Sly Collection contains extra features and content, such as Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves in 3-D and all-new PlayStation Move mini-games that showcase the latest technology for a fun and immersive experience on the PS3 system.

(PS Blog Coverage: The Sly Collection Sneaks onto PS3 November 9th)

SingStar DanceThe newest installment in the multi-million selling franchise, SingStar Dance adds dancing to the traditional vocal gameplay for a completely fresh SingStar experience. Now can you sing along to the hottest new hits and learn how to shake and groove alongside your favorite pop stars!

(PS Blog Coverage: SingStar Dance Coming November 9th, Party Pack Details)

Monster Jam: Path of Destruction (Also on PSP) – Monster Jam 2011 is all about authenticity, personality, and fun, with 30 officially licensed Monster Jam trucks, including fan-favorites Grave Digger, Maximum Destruction, and Grinder. Players can also create and customize their own trucks with thousands of options, unlocking new parts and upgrades as they progress through the game.

Apache Air AssaultApache: Air Assault is a modern combat flight simulation game where players control a variety of lethal Apache attack helicopters outfitted with cutting-edge military weaponry. The goal is to prevent terrorist attacks by raining down destruction from above in the world’s most volatile warzones.

PS Move: The Fight Lights Out

PlayStation Move

The Fight: Lights OutThe Fight: Lights Out allows players to infiltrate the gritty and brutal world of underground fighting as a rugged bare-knuckle boxer. Players must brawl their way through the ranks of the world’s most dangerous fighters using PlayStation Move motion controllers and the PlayStation Eye camera to track their movements with one-to-one precision, allowing for seamless execution of every jab, uppercut and headlock.

(PS Blog Coverage: How to Fight Dirty in The Fight: Lights Out for PlayStation Move)

PSP: Knights in the Nightmare

PlayStation Portable

Knights in the Nightmare Not easily placed in any one genre, the game requires players to throw out everything they know about roleplaying and strategy games and embrace something altogether new and fresh. Frantic, energetic action mixes with thought-provoking tactical gameplay, all within a beautifully-rendered fantasy setting and presented through a captivating, emotional narrative.

(PS Blog Coverage: Knights in the Nightmare: Mastering Bullet Hell in a Strategy RPG)

PSN: Crescent Pale Mist

PlayStation Network

Crescent Pale MistCrescent Pale Mist combines tense exploration platforming with rapid fighting and bullet-hell shoot-’em-up mechanics into one thrilling experience. You are the sorceress Yunou, the only magician capable of wielding powerful and deadly magic known as Pale Mist in Gasyukal, a beautiful and explosive dimension between worlds, rife with monstrosities.

(PS Blog Coverage: Next Week on PSN: Crescent Pale Mist)

PS2: Dora the Explorer: Dora’s Big Birthday Adventure

PlayStation 2

Dora the Explorer: Dora’s Big Birthday AdventureIt’s Dora’s birthday and you know what that means … a fun-filled party with all her friends. The only problem is Dora and Boots are stuck in storybook land and must go on an exciting, magical journey if they hope to make it to the party on time. Along the way they’ll ride on a magic unicorn, bounce in a bubble over Sea Snake Lake and move to the beat in the Dancing Forest!

minis: 321 SuperCrash

PlayStation minis

321… SuperCrash!You thought you’d seen it all? Well, get ready to discover in 3, 2, 1… SuperCrash! A fun, original and extraordinarily addictive game. Run, jump and pass through walls while wrapping your arms around you to avoid messing your hair. Dodge all the obstacles that cross your path to reach the goal.

Fort Commander II: Counter Attack This is a tower defense/strategy game in which players attempt to conquer opponents’ strongholds via brief battle sequences. From a bird’s-eye perspective, players deploy small characters on a grid to fight enemy units. Sword-clanging sounds and brief cries of pain can be heard during battles.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

PAGE 1 2 3

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

Sly FTW

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

I’ve been hyping the Sly Collection since announcement! Can’t wait to platinum all 3 of ‘em!

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

Anyone else excited for Sly Collection?

+ WWESuperstar on November 7th, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

I’m excited for The Sly Collection!

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 7th, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

That’s four in a row for The Sly Collection. It’s pretty sweat looking in 3D also.

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

@WWESuperstar: Booyah buddy! You’re among friends!

+ GTerholli on November 7th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

Can’t wait for Black Ops.

Get that GT5 release date though.

+ Marston43 on November 7th, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

I’m really excited for Black Ops. The campaign and multiplayer look fantastic.

+ Deak1124 on November 7th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

I’m with on Call of Duty, Rey. I grab them for the campaign as opposed to the multiplayer.

Sly Cooper & The Fight are other definite pick ups for me this week. I didn’t have to wait too much longer for it when I asked about it a couple of weeks ago.

This is a good week for PS3 in particular. Now I just have to choose what to play first…

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 7th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

*fist bump*

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

I like online, but I almost (I say almost, because I’m excluding Killzone 2) always go single-player first. I’m on board Rey? You excited for the Sly Collection Rey?

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 7th, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

Yep! Pretty amped for Sly. I never tried the originals, so I’m looking forward to it!

+ ForgiveMyAim on November 7th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

I love COD, but hate the online community (12 year olds)

+ natejacko2 on November 7th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

Black ops should be great but theres alot of concerns with the multiplayer. I hope the game turns out great but im getting RB3 this week as well so I won’t be speending much time on the multiplayer.

+ T3mpr1x on November 7th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

Definitely picking up The Sly Collection, have it pre-ordered.

+ Ryuhza on November 7th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

Screw Black Ops and The Sly Collection, I’ve been waiting for Dora’s Big Birthday Adventure for ages. Collectors edition and everything.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 7th, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

Lulz.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 7th, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

Creating that banner was the highlight of my career. =D

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

@T3mpr1x: Ditto my boy!
@Ryuhza: LOL.
Excited for Sly Collection Rey?

+ E-DOGG on November 7th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

I can’t play anything!! Ps3 getting fixed due too Ylod twice n one month! I’m glad bout the 90 day warranty

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

@Rey: You’re missing out! BTW, the 2nd one’s the best!

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 7th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

Noted. =)

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

@16 aka me: Sly 2

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

Why isnt there a new episode of Pulse?

Am I the only one who misses Christina Lee this month? = [

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 7th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

Pulse episode 221 is in the horizon. My PlayStation senses tell me the episode is on Ghost of Sparta, The Fight, and Singstar Dance. That will be $20 please.

+ megalodonshark on November 7th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

you are really kidding about dora the explorer, right? i mean come on, how many people are really going to have young girls playing ps3? you guys have got to stick with games that truly sell for the system in the long run…

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

@19: I’m sure he is joking.

+ jimfear on November 7th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

i already have cod black ops and all ive got to say its that : The single player is goddamn epic.

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

@19: Ryuhza right? He’s probably kidding. Still, Happy Birthday Dora!

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 7th, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

Kidding. My sense of humor is… unique.

+ megalodonshark on November 7th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

ok ok i know you have people scratching their heads here, going WTF, but the joke has to be over now right? if this is your really big game download announcement for the week, then you guys really do not want business any longer.

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

@19: PS2, not PS3.

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

You all are probably yelling at me to shut up and stop posting. I’ll stop at 7:30 CST US.

+ Vanitax on November 7th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

any news of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Dragon Ball Tenkaichi Tag Team PSN releases?

+ Blkant on November 7th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

You know, we could have all been playing GT5 this week…

+ JetSetFuture on November 7th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Even with the many big releases this year, the Sly Collection has had me most excited. Everything old is new again, thanks to all the extra bells and whistles!

I’m also looking forward to the crazy light show of Crescent Pale Mist. I’m not prone to seizures, but I may get one while playing that game!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 7th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Dora Big birthday Advanture CE FTW!
XD

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

Rey, you said sweat in your reply to #4 instead of sweet. You made the technical term of an oopsie.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 7th, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

Submit that to failblog.org. =(

+ HidroXphere on November 7th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

no dead nation? D: ):

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 7th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

Nothing that great this week. Might start playing MW2 though. :)

+ poodude on November 7th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

I’ll be gettin’ Black Ops this week, I can’t wait for it!

+ rofajole on November 7th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Really not into COD, but I’m rather excited for the Sly Collection since I never played them on the PS2. And now I can play them in full HD! :D

PS. Sony, I’m definitely in the need of GT5 news. =/

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

@30: :0 Nothing good? Sly Collection, Black Ops, Dora’s Birthday Suprise, nothing? Well, next week is Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood.

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

@32: Pretty much how I feel, exclude the GT5.

+ digitalman123 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

Well, I’m off for today! See ya guys tomorrow! See ya next week Rey!

+ IceColdEskimo on November 7th, 2010 at 5:33 pm said:

Crescent Pale Mist is #1 for me, not much of a shooter fan so I’ll pass on CoD

+ chilidawg1477 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:33 pm said:

AGAIN NO TENKAICHI TAG TEAM
WATS WRONG WITH U GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TUSTIN1 on November 7th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

GT5 release date needed now or sooner…the lack of a new date at this time is appalling…

+ Berae on November 7th, 2010 at 5:44 pm said:

Getting Sly collection and the fight and probably call of duty for zombie mode

+ Karsghul on November 7th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

I will drop SONY if they don’t give me GT5. :)

+ Ska-Boom on November 7th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

Knights in the Nightmare and Crescent Pale Mist look great.

+ perrandy on November 7th, 2010 at 6:17 pm said:

LOL@call of duty, man putting fidel castro along JFK sounds so wrong!

i mean,castro screwed his people with comunism and JFK was an american president that DID the opposite of that bastard.anyways,the game is going to be good for those who like to play the anti-hero…now that i think about it.yeah even the zombies are going to be afraid of castro and not for the right reasons,my best guest is that they are going to exile themselves from the game LMAO! (lame joke i know)XD

btw,rey i see knight of the knightmare there but i dont see yggra union there?since, its a free game for those who pre-ordered knight of the nightmare…….

+ JinZX1 on November 7th, 2010 at 6:20 pm said:

Can we still expect Dead Nation on Tuesday as well?

+ texas_ride on November 7th, 2010 at 6:25 pm said:

put the Dora game on PSN. if PS3 does everything, should it also do lame kids’ games?

+ VofEscaflowne on November 7th, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

I lol’d at Dora being the highlight of your career. Not buying yet though… waiting for PS3 HD collection with 3D, Move support and trophies. It could be the next Hannah Montana!

+ Boss_Tycoon_ on November 7th, 2010 at 6:40 pm said:

Black Ops will keep me busy until GT5!

+ Rene_Led on November 7th, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

Black ops, cool!
But Assassins Creed Brotherhood even Better! =D
Can’t wait to get Dora the Explorer =D
lol

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 7th, 2010 at 6:46 pm said:

Dora The Explorer: Brotherhood – Summer 2012

+ KongWen on November 7th, 2010 at 6:48 pm said:

Pumped for Crescent Pale Mist at the non-insanely-inflated price of $5.99. Pumped to play the Sly Collection in non-gimmicky-fad 2D. Also pumped that Knights in the Nightmare and Yggdra Union are coming out this week, since I thought it wouldn’t be for another couple of weeks. Great week overall.

PAGE 1 2 3