Paragon

Nov 08

Nov 08

ModNation Monday: Sly Cooper Joins the Nation

Ramone Russell's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist & Game Designer, San Diego Studio

ModNation_Mondays

Greetings and Happy ModNation Monday everyone. Ramone Russell here with another ModNation Monday update!

We hope everyone took advantage of Double XP Week and the free Stunt Pack. We’ve seen some awesome creations with Stunt Pack parts.

Flaming Skull: ModNation Racers Platform: ModNation Racers

Make sure you submit your best Tracks with Stunt Pack parts for Track of the Week. We want to show off the best of the best. Last but certainly not least, we will have more DLC news in the coming weeks.

Sly Cooper and Kart available next week!

Sly Cooper: ModNation Racers

Sly Fans Rejoice! To celebrate the launch of the Sly Collection we are releasing the official Sly Cooper Mod and Kart. Now you can not only experience all of Sly’s original adventures on your PS3 with the Sly Collection, but you can race with him as well!

Sly Cooper: ModNation Racers

Starting next week, Sly and his sweet Kart can be purchased as a bundle from the PSN for $1.99.

Ratchet and Clank available tomorrow!

Ratchet & Clank: ModNation Racers

Previously only available via special pre-order offers, Ratchet and Clank are finally available this week!

ModNation Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handiwork on the PlayStation.Blog.

Mod of the Week

Mod Name: Brain
Creator: omaxmilean

Brain: ModNation Racers

I don’t think I ever want to be as smart as this Mod. His brain is spilling out the top of his dome, and the gaping mouth and googly eyes are quite freaking when I’m in a race and he looks over his shoulder. Good stuff. Weird….but good.

Kart of the Week

Kart Name: Breast Cancer Awareness
Creator: kilious1

B.C.A.: ModNation Racers

The paint job on this puppy is impressive, but the cause is even moreso. You can’t not appreciate this Kart.

Track of the Week

If you have a video(s) of your track submit them to ModNation Racer’s YouTube channel, email ModNation@Playstation.Sony.com, and we will include them in the blog post if your track is showcased.

Track Name: Elite Carnival
Created by: RockToonz

Elite Carnival 2

Elite Carnival 3 Elite Carnival

RockToonz says: “This track will give you five elite obstacles/challenges that will prevent you from racing smoothly. Most of them are new props and will give an experience of a fun and enjoyment… SO i DARE you to race this!!! >: ) Enjoy!!!”

Ramone says: Holy mechanical dinosaur attacks!! This track is awesome! As if perfecting a drift through a gauntlet of fire-spitting, Kart-crunching K-Wreckses weren’t enough of a challenge, there’s a massive jump that allows for some amazing spins, but only if you can avoid those evil Flaming Pendulum Choppers. Once you’re on the ground, you’ve got to manage some ugly tilting platforms before you can wrap a lap. I think one’s fun for both Time Trials and Action Races.

Track Name: Hill House Haunt
Created by: Manlius10A

Hill House Haunt

Hill House Haunt 2Hill House Haunt 3

Manlius10A says: “Unfortunately, I missed the Halloween contest deadline, but this is my Halloween track, which starts as a winding road leading to stately yet ominous mansion. Once under the mansion, the track bends right into a dense and confusing hedge maze. There are three alternate routes in the hedge maze (all within 2 seconds of each other). The hedge maze paths descend into dark passages and tunnels underneath the estate (custom made). The tunnels open up to a haunted swamp with alligators, shallow marsh waters, and multiple routes. After the swamp, the track finishes in a creepy cemetery!”

Ramone says: Wow, there’s a lot to love here. Shortcuts, narrow, winding stretches, a swampy bayou section… What’s not to enjoy about this track? I must warn you, though – learn run it a few times before you try to compete on it. When the racing is hot and heavy, it can be easy to get turned around (particularly in the swamp). Good luck on this one, Nation.

Track Name: Altago City
Created by: apricot-jam-IS

Altago City

Altago City 2 Altago City 3

Apricot-jam-IS says: “A fun fantasy city track with lots of shortcuts to explore. You will choose between three paths to take near the beginning. All paths will join again later and each has their advantages. Don’t forget to take in the beauty of your surroundings as you blaze through the track.”

Ramone says: I love how (mostly) wide open this track is. One of the first things you’ll run into is a choice between going left or right. A little insider info – Left will send you to some killer drift opportunities, and right will put you on a wild shortcut through some jumps and narrow paths to more jumps and eventually a CRAZY jump from which you can spin to your heart’s content. Get all the Boost you can on this one because you’re gonna need it. Action? Yep. Pure? Yep. Time Trial? Yep. A good all around track.

Hot Lap Roster for this week

Continuing with the trend we started weeks ago this weeks Hot Lap roster features all new community created tracks.

Monday: Pine Mountain Gorge, by its2184that
Tuesday: Elite Carnival, by RockToonz
Wednesday: Aqueduct, by SergioChileno
Thursday: RacerSeries : Spa GP, by F41-UK
Friday: A: Rattling Lake, by Tecnoboy1
Saturday: Mystery Track
Sunday: Mystery Track

More news next week, until then… see you in the ModSpot!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

dmg117 said:

November 8th, 12:12 pm

Why does none of this stuff come to the PSP version?

Plain_Rice said:

November 8th, 12:15 pm

We need a GT5 release date.

trustter said:

November 8th, 12:19 pm

GT5 Release please! Also, start your marketing campaign already. We need TV commercials.

Thanks

Deak1124 said:

November 8th, 12:20 pm

Wow, I got to give it to you guys this week. Recently, I haven’t been playing this of late, but with Ratchet & Clank dropping tomorrow and the surprise Sly Cooper announcement today, my faith has been restored in this game. You guys were on a rocky start with the DLC, but are finally getting on track. Keep up the good work.

F-minus said:

November 8th, 12:25 pm

Wow, Elite Carnival is awesome… I wish i was able to give a track creation as much love as this one and others featured here.

A_1000_FAT_KIDS said:

November 8th, 12:32 pm

how much will Ratchet and Clank mods cost. Sly cooper is a cool mod and cart

Ramone Russell's Avatar

Ramone Russell said:

November 8th, 2:02 pm

Ratchet and Clank are 1.99

F-minus said:

November 8th, 12:33 pm

On a side note,

I dont think i have ever been able to get a full ranked series race going, is there anything on your end that might be in the works via a patch that would increase the likely hood of a more full match… or is more people playing ranked series online the solution :)

pitythefool852 said:

November 8th, 12:37 pm

Those tracks look awesome.

The design and attention to detail is amazing. There’s some bad tracks on MNR, but the gems like this make it all worthwhile

spunnups said:

November 8th, 12:40 pm

Question I would love to have Answered:

These tracks are incredible. Every week a new one is highlighted. Is there a place/some sort of list that displays all of the tracks and other creations that were seen here?

I know I can prob search the PS Blog, but I was wondering if there was a place that broke it down. Thanks.

Ramone Russell's Avatar

Ramone Russell said:

November 8th, 2:04 pm

Good question I’ll compile that list for next weeks blog.

Dosx001 said:

November 8th, 12:50 pm

MY GOD WOULD U PEOPLE STOP IT WITH GT5 THIS BLOG DOESN’T INVOLVE GT5 SO JUST STOP IT N THEY TOLD 2 MANY TIMES THAT THEY TELLS THE SEC THEY FIND OUT WHEN IT COMING OUT……. DUMB ASSES!!!

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

November 8th, 12:53 pm

I love Sly Cooper…….but where the hell is GT5? There are some people already playing the game right now for F’s sake.

moriarty1975 said:

November 8th, 12:56 pm

So whats the chances of Europe actually getting the stunt pack this week?

lukauskis8 said:

November 8th, 12:56 pm

shut up Dosx001

moriarty1975 said:

November 8th, 12:57 pm

Will the Sly mod have parts we can use or will it be like the Drake etc mods?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

Ramone Russell said:

November 8th, 2:05 pm

It will be like Drake, Kratos, and Sweet Tooth

RockToonz said:

November 8th, 12:59 pm

Oh yeah! thats my track! hahaha!thank you for picking my track weee! i am so happy!! haha… there is another good track that pushes the power of the new stunt props… the name is ” Elite Circus Jumps ”

Enjoy! RockToonz // Peace!

Ramone Russell's Avatar

Ramone Russell said:

November 8th, 2:05 pm

I’ll make sure to look for it

RockToonz said:

November 8th, 1:01 pm

sorry for double post…

i like the sly cooper… awsome!!!!!! this is the first time i love the Mod DLC because this is the first newest MOD that they sell!!! For the first time!!! GOOD JOB!!!

RockToonz // Peace!

omaxmilean said:

November 8th, 1:07 pm

WHAT!?….is that my creation in the blog I can’t believe MY EYES!?

Thanks Russell to chosen my creation as the Mod of the Week ;)

darkwing75 said:

November 8th, 1:09 pm

sly cooper is good, but GT5 is better

Lagspike_exe said:

November 8th, 1:14 pm

Can I drive a Ferrari 458 in this game? Or a Nissan GT-R? OR RED BULL X1 PROTOTYPE?

Davidrick said:

November 8th, 1:14 pm

I would like to know when is GT5 coming out.

Thanks in advance

mclaren777 said:

November 8th, 1:15 pm

I love racing games and MNR is a lot of fun, but I’m more interested in GT5’s release date at this point. Can you please give us an update soon?

moriarty1975 said:

November 8th, 1:16 pm

@10

Seems all the dumdums didnt read your comment. :(

LuckyAaron13 said:

November 8th, 1:18 pm

People are PLAYING GT5 right now…and we dont know the release date. Hire me, Ill fix this.

Theonik said:

November 8th, 1:19 pm

That sounds cool and all, but when is GT5 coming out?

ayuim said:

November 8th, 1:19 pm

GIVE US THE RELEASE DATE OF GRAN TURISMO 5

tzimakos said:

November 8th, 1:21 pm

GIVE US THE RELEASE DATE OF GRAN TURISMO 5 x2

JackBauer07 said:

November 8th, 1:23 pm

Hey Sony, I need a GT5 date, and I need it now.

EVanHelsing said:

November 8th, 1:24 pm

I appreciate that the Sly Cooper character is still being kept alive, but I’m tired of being strung along. There were rumors of Sly 4 back in 2007, and 4 years later we still don’t have that game! I bought my PS3 on the expectation of seeing the Sly and Jak&Daxter franchises continue on the new system, and Sony has failed to deliver a proper, all-new, Sly game. I’m disappointed, and I’m sorry to say, I’ve moved on from both Sly Cooper and the PS3. I have a 360 now, and I’ll see if MS does a better job servicing their fans, because Sony sure hasn’t done much to satiate PS2 fans who have upgraded to the PS3.

Theonik said:

November 8th, 1:26 pm

Will the GT5 Karts be added to Modnation racers? We also Need a translator-san mod.

hell_snake said:

November 8th, 1:29 pm

Wow nice article… I liked the part with no GT 5 release date.

Where is it? Why is the game not in my PS3 right now? WTH!

ghik16 said:

November 8th, 1:39 pm

Thanks for Sly Cooper! It’ll be my first DLC to buy! I still wait for the stunt pack, because I live in Europe. When do we get it?

Syndicate3 said:

November 8th, 1:47 pm

I dont see any skylines
Im not interested

EdgeyPoo said:

November 8th, 1:48 pm

Gran Turismo 5, Sony. Thanks.

gibration said:

November 8th, 1:48 pm

I would like a GT 5 release date too.

manlius10a said:

November 8th, 1:48 pm

Really everyone, what does GT5 or a new Sly Cooper game have to do with Modnation Racers? Direct your inquiries on another thread that is related to GT5. For those of us still enjoying Modnation Racers, YES!!! One of my tracks finally made the blog!!! I am so happy! and the new Sly mode is a very pleasant surprise as well!

Angelcurio said:

November 8th, 1:52 pm

ModNation Monday is a really good idea. What about Gran Turismo Tuesdays?

Elnath10 said:

November 8th, 1:53 pm

Why the F@ck are people complaining and asking for GT5 in a ModNation Racers blog?.. are you nuts?… Ramone Russell is from San Diego Studios, he won’t post here a notice about a game he doesn’t have anything to do with it!.. come on you morons!! ask in the proper place to do it! for christ’s sake…

anyway.. putting stupidity aside..

Wow.. a new dude coming to the Nation, lovely… and more will be coming in the next weeks as it is posted, I just will love to include new pieces for mods and karts creation, like vampy and all of them.

chifanpoe said:

November 8th, 1:57 pm

Mod Nation Racers love this games, very fun arcade racing game.

I also loves me some GT5, another great Sony racing game!

GTerholli said:

November 8th, 1:57 pm

GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN TURISMO 5 RELEASE DATE GRAN

Killop817 said:

November 8th, 2:02 pm

I still play Modnation Racers fun racing game. Would like the release of the other racing game though. It’s called…well…you know.

lyfestory said:

November 8th, 2:05 pm

someday i will finally buy this game… i was soooo interested when it came out, but then was discouraged by the AI and difficulty levels… i want a game to be fun, not aggravating… Mario Kart was always fun to play… and that’s what i have in mind that MNR should be… FUN

RockToonz said:

November 8th, 2:14 pm

@ 56… MNR had no issues now and it is very stable… and i prefer this rather than mario kart… promise… its very fun… i keep coming back to this game because there is always new cool tracks available…

jeffsmither said:

November 8th, 2:14 pm

How do they make theses complex tracks like the Elite Carnival? I can only make the stander track thats not all that tall.

Aversicles said:

November 8th, 2:17 pm

I don’t understand what’s going on with Sony’s PR here. If they have no idea what’s going on with GT5, they should tell us, because clearly something is up and it’s making them (and all of their strategic partners, such as the Modnation devs) look worse by the minute.

moriarty1975 said:

November 8th, 2:19 pm

@61

When Sony have a firm release date they’ll make a blog post, it’ll be called “GT5 release date” or something like that….it wont be called “modnation monday sly cooper joins the nation”.

Gogo_ZvC said:

November 8th, 2:45 pm

@61

I swear if I could somehow, I’d come to your doorstep and Jay and Silent Bob you.

When Sony is ready to announce a date they will announce it, simple as that. Get it through your skull son, THEY WILL ANNOUNCE A RELEASE DATE ONCE THEY ARE READY TO ANNOUNCE ONE.

Whining here doesn’t solve anything.

And now Modnation wise,

Nice content, looking forward to testing out the tracks at my friends house. Keep up the great work!

moriarty1975 said:

November 8th, 2:58 pm

There is a new blog post about The Fight game so all the simpletons asking about GT5s release have starting asking there. So back to MNRs!

So Ramone…E.U release for the stunt pack this week?

DaveTheSnake said:

November 8th, 3:01 pm

A video game website known as IGN (UK) has posted a rumor that GT5 will be released on November 27. Not sure if that it is a worldwide release, or just a UK release. It is coming people!

spiderboy59 said:

November 8th, 3:14 pm

y an’t there good mods on the psp. the game is fun n all but thier r bad graffics. not just MODNation racers spil/second (psp), all the nfs games(psp), iron man 2 the game (psp), etc. Don’t get me wrong psp is great for music and …. wait my bad thats it just music. The camera come separtatly, the videos cost to much for something that your going to delete after you watch, the internet is slow, my analog stick broke, and don’t get me started with the chager. i had to buy a new one every 2 months cause the chargers stop charging. But hey the ps3 looks good(i want to get one), but it cost to much. Why pay $300 plus tax for a ps3 when you could get a least 5 designer shoes, or some cloths, or just save your money. Don’t call me negative im just telling the truth n like they say the truth hurts.

dpremo1 said: