PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Nov 08

Nov 08

New Bluetooth Headset Available Soon for PS3

Anand Agarwal's Avatar Posted by Sr. Manager, Platforms Marketing

Bluetooth Headset

Hi Everyone! Back in 2008, we unveiled the official Bluetooth Headset for the PlayStation 3. Since then, many of you added it to your arsenal of PS3 must-haves. Today we’re excited to announce a new version of the official Bluetooth Headset for the PS3 system. It will be available at retailers near you this month at the same price ($49.99 MSRP) as the earlier version of this headset.

Bluetooth Headset

The new Bluetooth Headset for the PS3 offers the same unparalleled gaming experience as the previous model, making it a must have for intense online multiplayer games such as Call of Duty: Black Ops, MAG or the highly anticipated sci-fi shooter, Killzone 3. It offers a dual-microphone design, automatic pairing via USB cable with the PS3**, in-game headset status indicator**, an easily accessible microphone mute button, and a charging cradle which also functions as a desktop microphone**. On top of all of that, it’s the only device to offer High-Quality (HQ) mode** which delivers crystal clear voice chat while gaming on the PS3.

So what’s different, you ask? New features include a redesign, making it sleeker, high-gloss and more compact – 30% smaller than the original model. In addition, the Bluetooth Headset now has built-in noise cancellation for filtering out ambient noise when used with the PS3 system as well as your mobile phone. Gadget fiends take note – the new Bluetooth Headset isn’t just for gaming. The improved mobile phone feature support allows you to use features such as three-way calling and call waiting. And with nearly six hours of talk time, you can easily take the Bluetooth Headset with you straight from the living room to the streets.

Bluetooth Headset Bluetooth Headset

The new Bluetooth Headset is compatible with devices with Bluetooth 1.1 or higher, and is ideal for gamers, technophiles and anyone in the market for multi-use Bluetooth Headset. Enjoy!

** This feature requires a PS3 system and PS3 system software version 3.50 or later.

Add Your Own

steeleye54 said:

November 8th, 12:42 pm

if only i had the money :(

AngleofDeath696 said:

November 8th, 12:53 pm

Can’t wait to upgrade.

Ross_10495 said:

November 8th, 12:55 pm

you gotta be kidding me.
i just bought the old one for 50 bucks, and peaple can hear everything in my house.

GTerholli said:

November 8th, 12:59 pm

Hey how about updating the keypad? One that connects on the bottom of the DS3 controller instead of on top.

Alex_Assassin_08 said:

November 8th, 1:05 pm

Looks nicer, but is obviously smaller; guess it goes better with the slim PS3 :)

must say though, I prefer my blockier headset, looks sturdier and more ready for long hours :)

but yeah, it kills the inside of my ear after a while.

Jorahn said:

November 8th, 1:08 pm

Hubba hubba! +_+

SIZMW said:

November 8th, 1:15 pm

can i trade my old one for a new one?

GGKenChi said:

November 8th, 1:26 pm

Nice, guys!

New PlayStation 3 brand logo… Beautiful
New PlayStation 3 model… Beautiful
And now, new Bluetooth Headset… Woow, beautiful

But, where is the new PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Controller?? ;)

… and where is the 720p HD PSEye camera? :D

jazzyrider said:

November 8th, 1:26 pm

When is this available? End of the month or now? I’d like to pick this new model asap.

SpyDudeFX said:

November 8th, 1:40 pm

HeavyToka said:

November 8th, 1:48 pm

Its available now; I just ordered one from Amazon.

KC_RUFFIAN137 said:

November 8th, 1:55 pm

are stores removing the old ones from their shelves, that would be nice, so that the parents dont get confused around Christmas time

KryptorX said:

November 8th, 2:07 pm

Why make it glossy if the PS3 isn’t mostly glossy?

Zee_009 said:

November 8th, 2:08 pm

I just bought the old one from a friend and after CoD black ops i’m going to be broke!

judalation said:

November 8th, 2:17 pm

URGHHH! Ijust got the TITAN AX PROS! I SPENT OVER 3001 COULD HAVE SAVED 250!

pwnr6942 said:

November 8th, 2:27 pm

Hypothetically speaking if there was a psp phone would it be fully compatible with HQ sound?

linux731 said:

November 8th, 2:31 pm

JayXomb1e said:

November 8th, 2:41 pm

I got my old headset with Socom. So I didn’t care too much, hahah.

TemetNosce83 said:

November 8th, 2:59 pm

Y’know what, this is ridiculous. Yeah, it’s great that I wouldn’t have to resync it with my phone and my machine each time if I was crazy enough to purchase this. But when are they going to reconsider the size and shape of the actual earpiece. My ear is malformed due to a surgery, and quite frankly the large rubber part of this will never fit properly in my ear. As loyal as I am to Sony, I have to use bluetooths from other companies on account of their in-ear devices. The fit is better from the other companies and they know what’s necessary to have a piece that truly fits properly inside one’s ear. If anyone want suggestions on better devices send me a message on PSN.

footballrule said:

November 8th, 3:29 pm

Very nice looking headset! Think i’ll stick with the current one I have now.

GaZa_Y0UTH_Amar said:

November 8th, 3:52 pm

YOOO…november iz my birthday an im geting all of dis shiiiiii

streetice said:

November 8th, 3:59 pm

This looks like a major improment fromthe 1st headset, sleeker smaller and upgraded, everything I could ask for. I only have two questions, How is the grip for the ear? is it at all loose or “wiggily” and can it switch from right to left ear like the first model?

Anand Agarwal's Avatar

Anand Agarwal said:

November 8th, 6:32 pm

The grip is improved for the ear and it should be much more comfortable and ergonomic to use. It can also switch from left to right ear.

omega_alpha-619 said:

November 8th, 4:03 pm

This headset is ugly and bulky ….
looks very uncomfortable …

I’ll stick with my Voyager 510.
Works better than ps3 oem headsets
and cost less.. an looks way better.

AAAChampions said:

November 8th, 4:12 pm

will the new headset be compatible with the old charging dock?

digitalman123 said:

November 8th, 4:14 pm

Stickin’ with the old one, but definitely sleek!

phinnv8 said:

November 8th, 4:33 pm

This should be in every $350 ps3 bundle.

JESSEAARONV2 said:

November 8th, 5:17 pm

Awesome!!
Since i haven’t get the old mic , i’ll get this new one :)

GAM3R_16 said:

November 8th, 5:35 pm

No epic trailer to entice me into buying it?…. ;)

Anand Agarwal's Avatar

Anand Agarwal said:

November 8th, 6:32 pm

The trailer is coming!!

SillyHatMafia said:

November 8th, 6:39 pm

If the noise cancellation is any good, i’ll pick it up. I have yet to rid myself of USB Mics because they are comfy, and they pick up far less noise then any Wireless headset i’ve used.

seattlelite said:

November 8th, 6:42 pm

Does the headset come with earpieces of a different size? Since the size of one’s ear-canal may vary slightly. It’s also “about time” that Sony remodeled the headset and earpiece because the older models definitely hurted one’s ear after wearing it longer then 15-20 minutes. My other concern relates to the plastic piece that wraps around the ear. Does that piece have a rubber coat or is it plastic? Hopefully it’s not just plastic. I think I’ll wait while to see what others think before purchasing this one.

Fabolous1earth said:

November 8th, 6:56 pm

Thanks a lot Sony!!! I liked the first headsets design but once i bought it and started using it was really uncomfortable, so thanks a lot again and please bundle this with a game maybe the new socom again cos thats how i got socom confrontation

mikedo2007 said:

November 8th, 7:01 pm

like the design better then the first one, might get this one.

fuzzyclutter said:

November 8th, 7:13 pm

which reminds me … Sick and tired of getting PWNED in team based play ? GET A MIC ALREADY . Nothings more irritating than having a teamate thats only half effective . NO EXCUSES screaming little kiddies and loud music are ONLY AN OCCASIONAL problem . Sick and tired of having to play TEAM BASED games like death match because im the only one with a MIC . or just stay away from team oriented games . because against a miced team …the respawn area will begin to feel like home Real quick .

lPHOENIXZEROl said:

November 8th, 7:15 pm

Blah, I bought the first version months ago and have barely used it largely because of the annoying/embarrassing amount of background noise it picks up and being unable to adjust the volume of it. >_< I pretty much only use as a way to eliminate the annoying noise coming from other people from going out over my speakers.

How about a trade in program? <_<

SHINSPIKES said:

November 8th, 7:20 pm

The noise cancellin didn’t work that well with the 2nd one. My friends tell me all the time that they can hear the planes flyin by or the people talkin upstairs. It was much more noisier while on the charging stand. Is the battery life less than the 2nd? I thought the 2nd was really comfortable. I have normal size ears and they don’t stick out or anything. I would post a pic, but you can’t see it on here. So, I’m wonderin who thought it was uncomfortable? Its true that it didn’t stay on the ears that well, but because it didn’t hug my ears, thats why I thought it was comfortable. Is this much better than say turtle beaches or trittons? Not talkin surround sound but clarity wise.

SHINSPIKES said:

November 8th, 7:22 pm

I just notice that I don’t stick the ear piece deep into my ear. Most of yah probably do. Is that a reason why people thought it was uncomfortable?

SHINSPIKES said:

November 8th, 7:23 pm

Oh yeah, how bout givin cross game chat and party mode to celebrate this new headset? Huh huh?

fuzzyclutter said:

November 8th, 9:25 pm

SHINSPIKES wrote ” It was much more noisier while on the charging stand. ” .

what are talking about ? it disconnects and stays that way WHILE IN THE CHARGING STAND .theres no way it could have been noisier .

polo155 said:

November 8th, 10:49 pm

Let me say that this one looks nice, i have the first one of this model, the one right before it and mine still works an sounds great, i also have a psp go and since the psp go wont do HQ Mode with this newer version, it makes no sense to upgrade tho i’d love to have that Compression onboard the Mic or psp go mobo for skype would be nice. As for the last model hurting hurting ears,,?? Its the most comfortable bluetooth i ever had.

Support The PSP Go!

Tijgertiger said:

November 9th, 3:01 am

i want this i have the old one but it starts to hurt After a hour of 2 and thats annoying.

and allthough the mic wash not that bad it could be al lot beter;)

one qeustion

is the sound also improved? i mean of the speaker?

ARC_Stig said:

November 9th, 4:47 am

I’m so glad to hear this will be more comfortable, and that that was the main idea in redesigning it. :) Can’t wait to get it! :)

Lucky13X said:

November 9th, 6:33 am

It’s about time!

You do realize the original Xbox had a noise cancelling headset/microphone cobom since around 2002? I do hope though that your new headset is worth the upgrade from my bluetooth one I use with my phone. It is muy sexy.

gt90v12 said:

November 9th, 7:48 am

Funny, High Gloss Phat PS3 gets the flat black headset, and now the flat black slim gets the High Gloss headset. Debatign if it’s even worth getting, I’m happy with my orginal, though I don’t use it much.

WhiteF8ng said:

November 9th, 10:58 am

Forgot to ask; Will the rubber around the ear bud part actually be up for purchase? I’ve never lost mine on the original but a multitude of people got screwed if they lost theirs…

Kreutznaer said:

November 9th, 3:18 pm

Will there be a new Wireless Keypad as well? Because I was going to buy the old one in December.

SKeRJ said:

November 9th, 5:06 pm

This thing needs to start being packed in with systems.

Domitius10 said:

November 9th, 9:58 pm

“…and a charging cradle which also functions as a desktop microphone.”

I inferred from the above that the new PS3 microphone is usable with a PC. Would I be correct?

THClem said:

November 11th, 3:38 am

Will it be available soon in Europe like it is on Amazon US ?

subbed said:

November 11th, 12:44 pm

Its a midrange headset. I got it today and while its ok its features seem rather bare. Ear piece is still meh and I would have preferred options but you get only one clip.