Uncharted 4

PlayStation Moving into Manhattan

Joby Hirschfeld's Avatar + Posted by Joby Hirschfeld on Nov 08, 2010 // Director, Creative Services, Channel Marketing and Events

PlayStation Lounge, Manhattan

Hi everyone! In the 15 years that I’ve been working for PlayStation, this marks my debut on the PlayStation Blog, so allow me to take just a moment to introduce myself. My name is Joby Hirschfeld and I oversee the team responsible for the design and build of such things as the incredible booths you see at conferences like E3 and CES, the visuals for PlayStation press conferences, video production, the look and feel of the displays at your local retailers as well as the designs on the packaging of the PlayStation products you know and love.

I’m stopping by today to pull back the curtain on a new project that we’ve been hard at work on for consumers in the New York area. Opening tomorrow afternoon at 550 Madison in New York City’s Manhattan is the brand new PlayStation Lounge, the only place where you’re guaranteed to get your hands on the all new PlayStation Move motion controller, in addition to PS3’s, PSP’s and the incredible line-up of software that accompanies them.

PlayStation Lounge, Manhattan

This site holds significance for our brand as it is not only the location of our New York SonyStyle Store, but also home to Sony headquarters in New York City. The PlayStation Lounge, located in the lower level of the building, was designed from the ground up to provide you with a one-stop-shop for all your PlayStation needs. It’s the must-hit destination if you’re still trying to get your hands on PlayStation Move or searching for the latest PlayStation first and third-party games.

We’ve designed this store with you, the fans, in mind and we can’t wait for you to see it. When PlayStation Lounge opens tomorrow you will finally be able to get your hands on game demos never before available to the public including Killzone 3 and Motorstorm: Apocalypse, play portions of Gran Turismo 5 first previewed at E3, check out the SingStar and EyePet showcases and, on opening day, have your picture taken with Sackboy from the award-winning LittleBigPlanet franchise.

PlayStation Lounge, Manhattan

The first 50 people with PlayStation purchases over $100 will also receive a free Bluetooth 2.0 headset. In addition, we’ll be handing out exclusive PlayStation Move t-shirts while supplies last as well as raffling off PlayStation Move bundles every two hours beginning at 12:00pm ET and ending at 8:00pm ET.

While you’re here you can also pick up your copies of The Fight: Lights Out for PlayStation Move and Call of Duty: Black Ops for your PlayStation 3, both available Tuesday at the PlayStation Store.

Hope to see you there!

98 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ Av3ngd12345 on November 8th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

i want to go NYC and visit it PlayStation store cuz ps3 rule!!!

+ Killop817 on November 8th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

Will the GT5 release date appear there?

+ rofajole on November 8th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Can you guys tell us when GT5 is coming out already? I mean, the secret is out, it is coming this year because there are people that have copies of the game already, but we just want to know when to the general public.

+ glody on November 8th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

You guys are aware that a release date has been posted on Amazon.coms site… It says December 31st 2010. Its not “official”, but that’s like a pretty decent estimation. Have mine pre-ordered and ready to ship when it gets there. Hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it ships earlier than that. :b

+ rofajole on November 8th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

@ Glody

That release that is a placeholder posted by Amazon, just like Gamestop has 1/1/11 as the release date. There needs to be an official release date announced by Sony to be…well, official.

+ GravisMors on November 8th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

what time does the store open?

i have work later in the afternoon and wanted to stop by in the morning.

+ Theonik on November 8th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

I see GT5 pods in there but no release date in sight. WHERE IS GT5!!!!

+ LordRaoh on November 8th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

i’ll try to make it after work, i’m not to far from there, I work on 50th and 6th.

sadly i’m sure i wont make it in time for any free or bonus stuff but i’m looking forward to seeing the layout.

i’ve already picked up my move controllers and picked up the playstation eye when eye of judgment was released so i’m really just going for the experience to be had on the floor.

+ Gutterboy44 on November 8th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

I hope it is as cool as the Czech Republic Sony Style store.

+ SpyDudeFX on November 8th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

I’m going there tomorrow and hope to win the 2.0 headset. Looks really cool, of course I’ll also check out GT5.

+ lyfestory on November 8th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

nice-looking place… now why can’t Chicago get something as nice…?? i don’t live in NY, so, kinda hard to get out there to check it out…

+ xX-PEIN-Xx on November 8th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

I’ll be there tomorrow, hope to meet you Joby!

+ happycorey on November 8th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Is that Gran Turismo 5? Ohh no it couldn’t be, Sony acts as if the game doesn’t exist

+ DeafJerzy201 on November 8th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

Why not coming Miami? Its alot nice here. They been never gaming industries here.

+ vr6GOLFr32 on November 8th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

This makes me jealous.. will you please come to my home and design my room like this!?

+ COLINREY187 on November 8th, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

awesome

+ Surfaced on November 8th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

OH MY GOD

DID THIS MAN DESIGN THE ORIGINAL PLAYSTATION 2 BLUE BOX?

+ cool_Pinoy2343 on November 8th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

will there be any chance for an LA branch?

+ LitoDe102 on November 8th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

What time does the lounge open?

+ raikage4375 on November 8th, 2010 at 3:24 pm said:

wait, so is this just for a little while or will this store be open forever?

+ Thrasher20 on November 8th, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

Hello Joby

+ matthaten on November 8th, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

glad to see my home not change

+ retrolx on November 8th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

Ouch! Seems a great place to be. To bad I’m not flying to NYC this month.

BTW, in NYC @ the Lounge, are you only showing SCE’s published games for the Move controller, or are you also supporting other Playstation® 3 games?

+ karmatron03 on November 8th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

congrats!! on this awesome idea & please dont stop opening stores like this all over the usa.. we will be waiting for you in Chicago IL.

+ Jae775 on November 8th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

Man wish they made here in Reno/Sparks.

+ Mobius_124 on November 8th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

you guys better be hiring XD

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 8th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

Reno?! lol… who goes to reno???
lol… j/k = )

+ streetice on November 8th, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

Wow that store looks %100 awsome! Bites I live in TX so not going to make it haha!

Im so sick of seeing peole posting “when is GT5 release date” Stop asking they tryed for Nov 2nd and thanks to a tester a bug was found and Kazanori will not do patchs (thank god) it will come out soon because the discs have all ready been shiped into europe and are heading to NA (dont ask how I know) Just a little longer and it’ll be here.

+ phinnv8 on November 8th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

Cool i got a new job in NYC on 39th and Broadway… 550 Madison isn’t too far.

+ shagino on November 8th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

What time does it open? Guessing noon since raffles start then?

+ SGAShepp on November 8th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

I’ve been wondering who’s was in charge of the awesome visuals and artwork for the PlayStation Brand. I understand such a job is extremely vital to the success of PlayStation, and I would like to say you guys are doing a wonderful job; keeping things consistent and appealing throughout. Keep up the wonderful work!

+ Keysersoze10033 on November 8th, 2010 at 6:18 pm said:

Cool! I will check that out :). Good job Sony.

+ Coooolwhip on November 8th, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

Sweet! I work near Rockefellar Center, wonder if 550 Madison is near the 40’s. Time to google map it.

+ madtyger on November 8th, 2010 at 6:52 pm said:

That’s cool you are doing this. I miss the Metreon in San Francisco, I still have a couple of shirts from where. Once you get this up and running, you should really do something on the West Coast for the other half of PlayStation fans.

+ JIT3893 on November 8th, 2010 at 7:22 pm said:

I’ma dash there afterschool
Me and a couple of friends are confident about the raffles, and we might get a free shirt, so why not?

+ SHINSPIKES on November 8th, 2010 at 7:28 pm said:

Why is it always in cali or new york. Hate you guys. That entire place should be in home. Looks tight.

+ Epiclees on November 8th, 2010 at 8:42 pm said:

IF your ever in TEXAS send me an address XD

+ XenoNative on November 8th, 2010 at 9:29 pm said:

oh hell yea. i’ll be hittin this up this weekend. hey can we get a schdule of the hours its open. Is open on Sundays?

+ solace357 on November 9th, 2010 at 1:22 am said:

I’d relocate to work there, The sony style store closed in RI apparently. I wanted to be a retail rep, but the careers website has no listings.

+ crashfan789 on November 9th, 2010 at 4:32 am said:

I live in New York! I want to go visit someday. I hope I wont miss Sackboy.

+ rawstory on November 9th, 2010 at 6:50 am said:

Move is only sold out in Sony’s imagination.

+ IronLobo on November 9th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

So wait? When is the opening?

+ Spyroluver88 on November 9th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

Nice pictures! I would love to go….can I still have a shirt, Joby :-D

+ zxdchang on November 9th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

Playstation is Amazing!!
I applied for the Sales Floor and It went Great! This Store is Amazing!!

+ fpites25 on November 9th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

I’m very sad to read a post like this… I love ps3 and I went to NYC (I live in Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil) on the 12th of October and came back to Brazil on the 28th of October to buy ps move devices, games and other ps3 acessories. I spent more than $700 dollars in Sony Store (at Madison) and I didn’t get anything for that. As a costumer, I feel disrespected. Knowing that I could definitely win a bluetooh headset for spending that amount of money, makes me sad right now.

+ Captain_Jak on November 9th, 2010 at 8:48 pm said:

Joby,

The place looks amazing, and everyone I spoke to tonight was blown away by what was being shown there…Killzone 3, GT5, Little Big Planet 2…

Job well done, I’m glad I got to be a part of it…

Craig

+ tilde- on November 9th, 2010 at 10:39 pm said:

Unfortunately, I will not be there Jody but you’ll meet me soon enough.

+ tomcat_vf41 on November 12th, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

I hope to see more stores in future accross US, Canada, and essentially worldwide and looking forward to see the day Gamestop ,and EB Games bankrupt. We need more original playstation stores ,so us as a playstation fan we dont need to be going to any other stupid video game stores, and have to wait in the line up ,with all the microsoft ,and nintendo fans!!!! lol

PAGE 1 2