Bloodborne

Eat Them! Coming Soon to PSN

Ana Kronschnabl's Avatar + Posted by Ana Kronschnabl on Nov 09, 2010 // Producer, Fluffy Logic

Eat Them!

Hello readers! This is Ana (the producer) from FluffyLogic, in Bristol, UK. We’re the developer of the Savage Moon series of games for PlayStation 3 and PSP. We’re here to blog about our new title every two weeks, with a developer diary charting progress of the game from now until you’re sick of hearing from us :)

You may, or may not, know that we demo-ed our new exclusive PlayStation 3 game for the PlayStation Network, ‘Eat Them!’ at E3 in June. In Eat Them! the player gets to create their own giant monster which they then use to smash, crash and munch their way though the city. The monster is people-powered, so eating folk is a prerequisite of keeping your monster in full-on destruction mode. The game features eye-catching ‘comic-style’ graphics, fully customisable monster creation and lots and lots of smashing things. The player has the option of single-player and split-screen multiplayer, head-to-head and co-operative missions. Eat Them! promises action, mayhem, destruction, humour and, did i mention?…eating people! The game is scheduled for release this winter. Here’s what it looks like:

Eat Them!

So where do the ideas behind Eat Them! come from? I am a big fan of monster movies – the old-school films where a guy in a giant rubber suit goes mad in a model city while the cameras roll…I wanted to be able to do just that… I also love comics; from the 50s horror and sci-fi classics to 70s Hammer Horror Fanzines. And finally, I love games that have a strong destructive vibe – the truth is – smashing stuff is fun! I also really, really wanted to be able to eat people….in a friendly, “I’m just a monster, I can’t help it” kind of a way. So we put all that into a digital blender and the result (so far) is Eat Them!

So I hope you’ll join us over the next few months as we share with you the process of game development from here to release.

Thanks & see you in two weeks…

Eat Them!

40 Comments

+ marlyt on November 9th, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

I was just looking at this on you tube. Looks really cool. It’s like Rampage on serious ‘roids. I can’t wait to play it. By the way….first!!!

+ jonathan_val on November 9th, 2010 at 8:04 am said:

sold !!!

+ The1stMJC on November 9th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

Rampage 3D!
You have my attention

+ kyleh614 on November 9th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

This game looks really cool. :]

+ Ev0lutionNL on November 9th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

nniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeauwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww……..

+ Nightmare142 on November 9th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

Can’t wait to see some game play videos.

+ EnigmaNemesis on November 9th, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

They had a game like this on the PS2 that was very fun with 2 player.

I can not remember the name of it… help me out…

+ RandomEarthling on November 9th, 2010 at 8:22 am said:

Those screen shots reminded me of War of the Monsters from the PS2 (one of my favorite games). I hope there will be some versus modes in this game. Looks sweet so far.

+ rjejr on November 9th, 2010 at 8:22 am said:

So, is there any monster vs. monster fighting like PS2′s “War of the Monsters” or is it strictly Rampage 3D (as pointed out numerous times above)?

+ Gaucho21 on November 9th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

This looks friggin awesome! It’s like King of the Monsters! that was such a fun game.

+ bigdaddy6703 on November 9th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

This game looks like a lot of fun, will pick it up the day it comes out.

+ EnigmaNemesis on November 9th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

@8

“War of the Monsters”

There it is! I knew the P community would not disappoint.

That game was a blast with a bunch of friends over!

Thanks RandomEarthling!

+ Sindred on November 9th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

I love games like this.

+ rjejr on November 9th, 2010 at 8:26 am said:

Weird, my comment didn’t post. Well anyway it was basically the same thing randomearthling said above. Also weird how some people like us can have a favorite game which was so unheralded amongst the mega PS2 games. It was an original though – way better than Godzilla – as sad as that made me.

Anyway, Rampage 3D would be sweet, but a new War of the Monsters would be much sweeter.

+ Trioptical on November 9th, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

WAR OF THE MONSTERS!

+ SPARDA on November 9th, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

This game reminds me of “War of the Monsters” by Incognito on the PS2. Which is a good thing since it was one of my favorite games last gen.
Looking forward to more details and maybe some game play videos

+ GT-420 on November 9th, 2010 at 8:36 am said:

I hope there’s a demo, but I LOVE THE CONCEPT.

+ letherclad on November 9th, 2010 at 8:37 am said:

Looks pretty sweet, I’m intrigued

How about a trailer in two weeks? :)

+ JonJonXD on November 9th, 2010 at 8:39 am said:

The game looks interesting.

Looks like a 3D open world Rampage kind of game. I like it.

I assume there will be online multiplayer as well?

How many different monsters do we have to select from?

Will they have their own unique attributes and attacks?

+ Joe-TFW on November 9th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

Consider this bought. Day one. I love studios that try different things. Getting to play AS the giant monster as opposed to going against it should be a blast.

+ TriForceElf on November 9th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

This game does look interesting.
But for those who say it reminds them of War of the Monsters, it kind of does.
BUT
Taking some time to go back further from MINE and others’ happy days when all games were great…
This reminds me of King of the Monsters on the SNES.
That there was a great monster bash game :]

+ BG_Snake_Eyes on November 9th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

You wanna go back in time, how about Electronic Arts’ (when their logo was a square, a circle, and a triangle) Mail Order Monsters (1985) on the Commodore 64? It had customizable monsters (to a degree), you had to destroy cities and other monsters, and had two player capability (one person used one side of the keyboard, the other used an ATARI 2600 type joystick). You could save your monsters to disk (5.25″) and even bring them over to your friends’ houses and use them there.

+ Kane22_ on November 9th, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Eat Them! Coming to PSN in 2011

The game is scheduled for release this winter. Here’s what it looks like:
So which is it?

+ Direxnipe on November 9th, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

Im really liking the art style. i think a lot of games are starting to take themselves too seriously having to have ultra-realistic graphics when that actually limits how creative you can be with a game. This has caught my eye and i will keep a look out for more info (and vids) for this game.

+ Chuckbait on November 9th, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

This looks awesome, esp the color scheme (art design). Looks fantastic, take your time with it, and make a quality product.

Please add support to custom soundtracks…with a later patch if you can’t fit it into the game at launch or whatever.

This is why i like developers putting a blog post up here about a game that is coming out months from now, so people can actually suggest things and be heard by the folks actually making the game… Please, put in custom soundtracks and ill buy on day one. Good luck!

+ F-minus on November 9th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

AWESOME!!! Its like from the monsters point of view of the first Power Rangers!!! Cant wait to see more gameplay videos of this.

+ Jeigh on November 9th, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

I’m so happy to see more devs doing splitscreen. If there isn’t one, there really should be a section in the store spcifically for splitscreen games so they can get my money first. Hur-to-the-rays for you guys. =)

+ Jackal888 on November 9th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

I still play War Of The Monsters. I was hoping someone would build off that idea. Looks like Eat Them! will be a fun game.

I am not sure the art style is my favorite. Colors seem washed out, very bland. I say go for bolder colors.

+ Skant on November 9th, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

I need it.

I loved War of the Monsters and all those kinds of games.

I watched your video trailer for it, and it looks awesome. Only thing is I hope you’ll do something better for the eating people part than just having the monster bite at the air and making their food vanish in a splash of blood sprites. That part of it just looked weak in the trailer. Can we get better eating animation than that?

+ DJ_DTM on November 9th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

For a few years now I have had to keep my PS2 out to play 1 game War Of The Monsters –
This looks like it could replace it.
I can’t wait to check it!

+ Castalia on November 9th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

Looking forward to it :)))))))

+ DrTrouserPlank on November 9th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

Looks pretty good

+ sfgdfds on November 9th, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

That looks really good!

(but I can’t help it… I need to ask… are we going to see new moons for Savage Moon ?? pleeeez?)

+ mcbuttz78 on November 9th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

So the guys who pulled of a classic of “savage moon” at it agn.. I love the cell shaded look.. Hope 2 see more..

+ jgrizzle358 on November 9th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

oops, clicked the screenshot thinking it was a video… silly me :S

+ emiru69 on November 9th, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

This looks great!!!

+ Schobeleth on November 9th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game, was a huge fan of Savage Moon so I expect nothing but the best from you guys!

+ Surfaced on November 9th, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

thanks Fluffy Logic!

+ JoeDierte on November 9th, 2010 at 7:12 pm said:

I don’t really want to hear from you, Fluffy Logic, for the next year. How about you finish your game and release it to play. Cha-ching!

+ Some_Jerk2 on November 14th, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

Not to sound uncreative or anything, but I am so going to have to recreate George, Lizzie, and Ralph when this game releases.