PS4-The Order

Kevin Butler: A Message for Canada

Ashley Purdy's Avatar + Posted by Ashley Purdy on Nov 09, 2010 // Public Relations Specialist for Sony Computer Entertainment Canada

Fellow PlayStation Canucks – Today the beloved Kevin Butler has a special video message made especially for you!

The multi-titled Vice President of Everything shares his thoughts about the Video Delivery Service north of the border and about how the PS3 “Only Does Everything” for Canadians also.

Click below and enjoy…eh!

177 Comments

+ ModSquade on November 9th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

Im in Ontario and I like the fact that Kevin is trying to appeal to Canadian gamers. But it feels like in this video that he is trying too hard…

+ Zarxce on November 9th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

#46 Expose Self to Gamma Radiation
#47 Obtain Super Powers
#48 Use powers for good

I’m from Vancouver and I can honestly say I’m glad to have the Incredible Hulk as our neighbor. When the military chases you, feel free to hide in our vast wilderness any time.

P.S. Logan says g’day.

+ DABUNKER on November 9th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

I’m a Canadian, and I loved it. KB for Prime Minister!!!!!!!!

This guy knows how to make commercials funny. I’ve seen him in all kinds of ads, and they’re all funny. His Playstation ads are stil the best though.

+ Shinra_Soilder on November 9th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

I would so read your Autobiography KB.
You might even revel your dark secret in there. ;D

+ ForgiveMyAim on November 9th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

hope cross game voice chat is on that list
KB IN DA HOUSE!!!!!!!!

+ ChainClutch on November 9th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

hahhahaha!!! love it, so funny.

+ station3fever on November 9th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

i love this guy! always cracks me up :) “no hommo”

Please do more!!

+ DrkSnpr14 on November 9th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

It’s such a shame the selection of Netflix in Canada is so completely terrible. I was excited for the service, used my free month, and cancelled the account. Thanks for trying, but if you’re going to do something, do it right. Better luck next time.

+ AutomaticOcelot on November 9th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

That was well written! Nicely done, KB.

+ AutomaticOcelot on November 9th, 2010 at 5:36 pm said:

Or “KB eh” as we know him up here.

+ FormerPSfan on November 9th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

Kevin butler should take sum acting lessons from Bob & Doug McKenzie or Red Green.

+ Berae on November 9th, 2010 at 5:57 pm said:

Quebec does not have a worthy video store… I dont even look at it anymore. We get some new release every few and then… At least give is access to the ”other” canadian store…

+ sTaB_u_N_uR_i on November 9th, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

Not to sound like i didnt like the ad, but its kind of pointless since weve had the store for months and months now.

This is like KB just doing an ad for uncharted 2.

Would have enjoyed it more if it came out when the video store did.

Also….nice boots.

+ GibbShift on November 9th, 2010 at 6:12 pm said:

Good Lord, were those pancakes real? Because that looked like a real bite KB took out of em.

+ jpbslayer on November 9th, 2010 at 6:12 pm said:

KB FOR PRESIDENT – IT CANT GET WORSE

+ Permafry_42 on November 9th, 2010 at 6:21 pm said:

3 words: COMIC BOOK STORE!

+ Rinaldus91 on November 9th, 2010 at 6:22 pm said:

This was almost insulting, and I loved every second of it.

+ Butters360 on November 9th, 2010 at 6:30 pm said:

I’m Canadian but live in the US and this was just full of awesomeness. the whole “G’Day” got a belly laugh from me. Kevin Butler FTW!

+ Keyeszx on November 9th, 2010 at 6:35 pm said:

If you look at some of the to do things on his list it shows previous commercials. Probably when the time comes he’ll expose himself to gamma radiation for a limited edition green PS3.

Some of the stuff on that list is really good. I’m sure they have their next VP commercial in there.

+ AdvanS13 on November 9th, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

ofp rocks

+ hush404 on November 9th, 2010 at 6:47 pm said:

lol. Tho… didn’t the store reach us in Canada a while ago? I think KB fell behind and pumped out a commercial a little late :P

Tho… I’ve never heard anyone say “G’Day”… I think that’s an Australian stereotype.

+ Keyeszx on November 9th, 2010 at 7:06 pm said:

Kevin Butler is so awesome, he got platinum trophy on Uncharted 2 twice, at least it has two checks.

Watch out for his thumbs, he plans to register them as deadly weapons.

Bagpipe lessons, does Kevin’s epicness never end?

+ scooter1265 on November 9th, 2010 at 7:10 pm said:

Those…pancakes…look…DELICIOUS!!!

+ NotoriousGamer on November 9th, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

where is the comic store you monkey.

+ Dblcheezz on November 9th, 2010 at 7:34 pm said:

HAHA Canadian lovers! We always got something else to enjoy! :D

+ Charles_Surge on November 9th, 2010 at 7:34 pm said:

Haha — love #53. Maybe someday that polar bear figure will be gone to reveal the rest of the list. Anyways, video content and regions…I can’t imagine the legal headache that must be, congrats to the Sony folks and Canada.

+ sTaB_u_N_uR_i on November 9th, 2010 at 7:42 pm said:

You can tell those are American pancakes.

Ours float above our plates an inch from being so light and fluffy.
and yes, i am Canadian. (just like the beer)

+ nutellapr on November 9th, 2010 at 8:18 pm said:

OMG! Go back and pause on the white board list. Golden!

+ inverseion on November 9th, 2010 at 8:49 pm said:

Number 32 has Dec. 2nd written next to it- do we get to see this oil painting? :D

+ templar2007 on November 9th, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

It only does everything in Canada – except the comic store… and here I thought he was going to announce it. :(

+ Mot345 on November 9th, 2010 at 9:14 pm said:

haha did he reference MOvember? Love all the work that’s put into the props. VIP of yes we Canada… nice. I could go on but I think everybody could

+ joostin on November 9th, 2010 at 10:18 pm said:

G’Day Kevin from all of your Canadese followers here in Vancouver, eh.

+ kdiep on November 9th, 2010 at 10:29 pm said:

lol nr 51 would be funny. I’d like to see that.

+ cool_trainer on November 9th, 2010 at 10:38 pm said:

I would love a KB dynamic theme. #51 on list

+ Shadowsquirrel on November 9th, 2010 at 10:49 pm said:

If it was anyone else, other then KB it would have been offensive :o

+ MarinoBrea on November 9th, 2010 at 11:07 pm said:

is it me or KB’s voice sounds like he’s got a cold?

Anyway, did they just show a game there I should be playing right now but I can’t ’cause some Euro-terrorists hijacked Polyphony Digital or something?

+ Creative_ae on November 9th, 2010 at 11:18 pm said:

I love you Kevin Butler and also i love PlayStation =D

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on November 10th, 2010 at 12:59 am said:

I love PS3 and I love KB, but we got the video store months ago. And while we’re talking about it, the content sucks. We’re lucky if they add one or two new releases a week last time I checked. I quit checking cause the updates were terrible. Most weeks I couldn’t even tell if anything new had been added. I rented two HD movies and was pleased with the quality but after that I could never find anything new. Also, tell these studios to quit trying to charge $7 for some of these. $6 should be the max.

+ Marcellus on November 10th, 2010 at 1:00 am said:

The movie itself was awesome and I love Kevin Butler. I’m a Canadian, and I found the movie to be hilarious. The only problem I have is the message. They’re trying to make it seem like they’re finally caring about us, but that’s not quite right. They did release one of the things that the US has had that we haven’t, but it is a poor imitation, and the tens of thousands of movies we supposedly have is a great exaggeration. And we are still having to wait for a lot things, old and new. If they really were treating Canada like the US, this preferential treatment should be completely stopped, and they shouldn’t be so proud of one accomplishment.

+ Manticore19 on November 10th, 2010 at 1:08 am said:

So what about Czech Republic? I heard all the good things are there.

+ laZardo on November 10th, 2010 at 2:07 am said:

#53 Read PS3 Software Agreement

Smart.

+ ProjectInfiniti on November 10th, 2010 at 2:31 am said:

KB Dynamic Theme PLEASEEEEE!!!

I’m surprised no one mentioned the snow boots he was wearing when he tossed the hockey stick XD

+ Tridon on November 10th, 2010 at 2:39 am said:

Those are some yummy looking pancakes, Kevin.

Who else would like to see Kevin Butler Vs. Bob & Doug McKenzie in a beer chugging, Jell-O wrestling match?

+ lyfestory on November 10th, 2010 at 5:17 am said:

people complain on here about the Netflix selection, well, folks, Sony has nothing to do with that… that’s all on Netflix… so go whine to them about their selection…. which i dont think is terrible.. combine that with Hulu+ and you dont need cable anymore..
if only the PS+ Plan included free rentals off the Sony Video Store, i would absolutely buy into the yearly deal…

+ Vu_Prime on November 10th, 2010 at 7:03 am said:

I’m not from Canada but this commercial makes me WANT to be from Canada. How does Butler do it?

+ Noctai on November 10th, 2010 at 7:17 am said:

What about your ”friends” in Europe? Seriously, we get the same awnser every week on the EU blog. (No date yet) There are more countries then just America, Sony…

+ Dracorius on November 10th, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

Being Canadian, this brought a smile to my face. So Kevin, how do you fancy poutine?

+ ArmyOf12Monkeys on November 10th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

meh

+ Bulleteddy on November 10th, 2010 at 8:01 am said:

I’m all for number 51! Kevin Butler dynamic theme!

+ subbed on November 10th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Late but amusing. I think the KB character still works but while not mentioned here Marcus doesn’t. I would like to vote that the Marcus psp campaign be abandoned if it has not been already.