PS4 - Transistor

This Week in PlayStation Home: 1.4 Client Update details, LittleBigPlanet, and More!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Nov 10, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

home

This Thursday, November 11th, PlayStation Home will update to client 1.4. In addition to the features we announced last Friday – wardrobe management, grouping, and voice chat – there are several other noteworthy additions, such as the new “Character Status” settings, improvements to the Menu Pad and Navigator, and cross-game invite support (finally, you can invite your friends to join you in PlayStation Home no matter what they are playing or watching on their PS3s). The new 1.4 client also brings numerous bug fixes and performance improvements. Full Patch Notes can be found HERE.

Important notice: When you start PlayStation Home to apply the 1.4 patch, please wait for the orange light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process. Otherwise your PS3 will reboot and you will have to start over.

PlayStation Home: LittleBigPlanet Derby PlayStation Home: LittleBigPlanet Derby

LittleBigPlanet fans rejoice! This week the mega-popular LittleBigPlanet space receives a massive update with the brand new LittleBigDerby game. This super-addictive multiplayer game puts you and up to 7 of your friends in a paintball challenge where you must shoot targets to earn points and progress your racer towards the finish line. Pro tip: Hit targets with the right color paintballs to rack up bonus points.

The PlayStation Home Mall receives a huge update this week with brand new items in the Exclusives store (such as the new Platinum suit and Onyx gown – pictured below), new accessories for the ladies in the Sodium store (also pictured below), Irem swimwear, and Konami’s new line of soccer items (their initial offering includes the Australia and New Zealand kits – check back often for more countries’ kits in the PlayStation Home Mall).

PlayStation Home: Platinum Suit PlayStation Home: Onyx Dress

PlayStation Home: Pumps PlayStation Home: Bracelets

Finally, the PlayStation Home Community Theater will air the first episode from our newest partner – the one and only Hip-Hop Gamer. In episode 1, HHG takes a look at the PlayStation Move and discusses how it may affect the gaming industry as we know it. Check out the world premier this Thursday!

PlayStation Home: Hip Hop Gamer

See you in Home!

+ AuRoN89 on November 10th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Nice Update but…

WHEN a UNIFIED World Map without loading-times every time i want change location????

Is that really impossible?? I mean… there MMO server that host 100k+ user at the same time and you can’t achive that with Home?? C’mon…

+ Vex_Doppel on November 10th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Home hasn’t caught my interest in awhile and yes I check up on it here and there. I’ll even do so after this new update but that’s probably all I’ll do. Let me know when I can search the web in my personal space and stream Netflix and listen to Pandora with my friends I invite over. Just getting the internet in-game will open up tons of stuff like youtube. We were promised streaming video/music from our HDD at the beginning. I’d gladly settle for internet on a big screen I can view with my friends. That’s another thing though, the PS3 needs an update so I can view videos online from my PS3. Like flash videos.

+ FredNation on November 10th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

Any news on the furniture limit!? I want to buy new apartments in HOME but the 50 item size limit makes big huge spaces useless. Please do something about it. :-(

+ don99913 on November 10th, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

H H Gamer- YO I don’t even want to know what that’s about.

+ Mobius_124 on November 10th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

will it be possible sometime in the future to be able to integrate Home avatars into Blu-ray/PSN games? that will be nice

+ blakseed on November 10th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Ha Ha HHG. I have to check that out.

+ Sindred on November 10th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

Is there a way for you guys to determine whether or not a video was rented or purchased in the PSN store so that it can be played in our Home Screens without the risk of people putting untasteful things up? It would be awesome if I could watch some of my legally purchased videos in my Hollywood space while playing pool :D.

Also, I know the london pub has a radio station? Any chance we can get that for other spaces?

+ Darthfaker on November 10th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Any update on the vouchers for the as-of-yet-unreleased virtual item(s)

+ Fly-boi_2009 on November 10th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Home is starting now to look cooler since HIP HOP GAME JOINS.. HHG, IS THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COOL DANCES WILL COME, AND MUCH MORE COOL STUFF H3LL YES

+ Fly-boi_2009 on November 10th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

2011, WILL BE THE YEAR HOME STARTS TO BE POPULAR NATION WIDE.. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE HIP HOP GAMER !!!!!!

+ MAN-OF-PEACE on November 10th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

they increasing the active item capacity? because I’ve invested on more than 10 active items and am limited to 2 only…

+ evildude683 on November 10th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

What the hell is all that about hip-hop or as I like to call it “Prison Music”, I hate those idiots at PSN nation

+ inuyasha5400 on November 10th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

Locust_Star question,
lets say i am in COD: BO and a friend is in HOME and we want to voice chat without leaving our game. canu make that happen?

+ ICEIAN618 on November 10th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

Cross game chat and partychat must be comin fully to psn if the voicechat features are in home. Things are lookin good!!!

+ vitz_3 on November 10th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

I normally don’t comment, but after seeing the HHG announcement I can’t stay silent. THIS IS A BAD IDEA! HHG has NO integrity and I’m sure you’ll find that most users avoid him like a plague. Check out N4G next time he posts something, read the comments, you’ll know what I mean.

Out of all the hacks on the net to pick, you choose the worst. Wow…

Sure I may not be a fan and definitely don’t have to watch his stuff, but it has to be said. Bad idea Sony boys, bad idea.

Ciao

+ MazzingerZ on November 10th, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

Haha nice, HHG achieved what others couldn’t, he likes all games and just gaming, the most important for me is that this is just one more proof how close is SONY to gamers, to its customers, that’s why they deliver the best gaming experiences, PS Blog is unique as well! Thx for be as gamers as we are!

+ Dj_Tenchu on November 10th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

hhg…is it april first? please tell me this is a joke. i do not wish to see, hear, or bear witness to someone in a bullet proof vest tell me about ANYTHING gaming. is he afraid that the tv might shoot him? pew pew pew. i hope this is a flash in the pan, because if this is the direction home is going with it’s media, the theatre is going to be a ghost town.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 10th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

Looks and sounds great! I’ll have to try this out. Thanks, Sony!

+ GooDer_gAMe on November 10th, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

wow HHG in playstation home? Im definitely gonna have to log in and check that out.

+ gamer_316 on November 10th, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

so I saw that the custom colors in the txt log will no longer be there so if that that is correct are we gettin the black/gray pop-up color back? or can we? PLZ????????

+ silverthehedgeh on November 10th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

any chance on info about the hover craft’s it as been like a year when they were said to come out and only wonder if there still coming or not

+ LeoMindfreak08 on November 10th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

More free content for PlayStation Plus Members !!

+ NARDE15 on November 10th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Dats Fiya SON!!! HHG FTW!

+ NARDE15 on November 10th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Hip Hop Gamer is a Awesome choice. He’s on point with all of his statements. Getting past his thick east coast accent is the only thing you negative nancy’s need to do. If GameTrailers and Michael Packter can do it so can yous.

@NJShadow don’t make me pull out some old episodes of the GI podcast when you were scared talk into a mic! wooonk wooOONKK LOLZ

+ yazter on November 10th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

I like how you ignore the questions of Home users and yet answer those who DON’T use Home whose only purpose of posting here is to troll.

+ NotoriousGamer on November 10th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

1. Please introduce a “Delete” feature to get rid of Home items, clothes, personal spaces you no longer want in your possession.

2. Group all public spaces under “Genre” then inside that option have the options to choose “casual”, “sports”, “shooter” genres etc. Also, have one by “Publisher”.

3. Mall should have a special area where free items are available easily for Home users.

4. Get rid of the constant “verifying purchased content” process from happening all the damn time.

5. Bring some of the past expired special Home Events back. So, users who missed the event have a chance to play it and collect its rewards.

+ NotoriousGamer on November 10th, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

6. Navigator should have direct access to all the different areas of a public space rather than having to going through different downloads of the whole public space. Like the Ratchet & Clank space which have 4 areas in total.

7. EA spaces are confusing. Tell them to fix it.

8. Bring more public spaces like – Killzone 2 & 3 -MGS4 -GT5P – GT5 – COD3 – COD4 – COD WOW – COD MW2 – COD BO – Heavenly Sword – Resistance 1 – Ninja Gaiden – GTA4 – Battlefield BC & 2 – BioShock & 2 – Mass Effect 2 – DiRT & 2 & 3 – Crysis 2 – UT3 – Dead Space & 2 – Mirror’s Edge – Far Cry 2 – Socom 4 – NFS Carbon & Prostreet & Undercover & Shift & Hot Pursuit – Fallout 3 & New Vegas – Final Fantasy ALL – God of War & 2& 3 – Medal of Honor and more.

+ BlackAcidDevil on November 10th, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

Are you ******* serious? HHG? He was created by N4G, ultimately destroying that site by leading the way in BS “journalism”, submitting nothing but left-field rumors disguised as fact every time he feels like lying to the public for hits. As long as he’s a part of Home, count me out.

+ abzdine on November 10th, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

still no home rewards for trophies ?

+ al2009man on November 10th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

W00T!

+ Miketheking75 on November 10th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

For starters ya need to stop hating on HHG ya just jelious, second sony ya need to bring the hall fame you was talking about, one of you guys told me it was coming end of last year, apparently he lied to me.

+ StephieRawks on November 10th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

I’m very much looking forward to the Core Client Update 1.4 and the update to thr LBP space!

Having said that, I must concur with the people who say Hip Hop Gamer shouldn’t be in Home Community Theater. Seriously! First you gave a show to people who are either inarticulate, are region hackers or have horrible horrible grammar, and now this? Can the Home Community Theater sink any lower? Why not dedicate 20 minutes of screen time to a hamster avatar squatting and making farting sounds instead? (/sarcasm)
Better yet, give Director_On_Duty some screen time. That guy really is awesome.

+ matthaten on November 10th, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

boring

+ reaper1182 on November 10th, 2010 at 2:25 pm said:

Wow! I absolutely cannot wait for this core update. The wardrobe options are a MAJOR step in Home moving forward and becoming more solid in it’s execution. Big big props need to go to Locust_Star, GlassWalls and the rest of the Home dev team for doing this. It shows that while they may not respond all the time to our requests, they are listening and giving us what we want. It will truly be a new day for Home and I know all us Home vets are really excited to see what the future brings!!

+ mikedo2007 on November 10th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

Nice update and feature, thanks I’ll check it out.

+ UNIT-TRB on November 10th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

awesome! That for putting all the effort into such a wonderful social experience.

I still need to find a few friends with the poker table or an active club.

+ Mikey1123 on November 10th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

home was a blast when it had voice chat. i cant wait for the update and see whats new. hiphop gamer in the first community theater is a must see. how can you people hate the guy?

+ Dj_Tenchu on November 10th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

@narde saying what sony tells you to now? ::sigh::

+ Feral_Dragon on November 10th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

I`m liking the idea of better storage and new emotes, just hope girls get equal options as guys this time. Guys had 3 sitting options while girls only have 2…I would have liked to be able to crouch in my alien costume like the guys could.

Still sending out skimpy clothes for girls though I see, I just want animal costumes. I don`t use Home as a dating service(I find it weird how ppl chase after digital avatars, and creepy), and I don`t want pervs all over me, thanks. I just want to go on Home to have fun playing the games and hanging out with my friends.

Speaking of animal costumes, who created the dog and cat ones from the EU that you brought over? Are they the same ppl that made the Easter Bunny ones the other servers have? Will we ever get those cute rabbit costumes? Whoever they are, please get them to do more animal costumes, and for our US/Can server. They are awesome!

+ Fenrir2606 on November 10th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

If Home was more integrated with games and the PS3 I would spend more time in it. So far it wears off its appeal after a few visits. Sorry guys but I think MS and Nintendo got this one right.

+ footballrule on November 10th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

Glad LBP is finally getting that update. I’m ready for v1.4!

+ brianR on November 10th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

i dont get people that talk bad about HOME and they havn’t been in HOME for a year they don’t even know how much stuff has been added or even give it a try.

+ SonsOfMonroe on November 10th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

Damn Some Of Y’all Cry To Much Thats Probably Why Sony Don’t Answer Us That Often. As For Tv’s & Radios In Our Personal Spaces They May Charge Us For That. Watch Some Of You Cry About That Also.

+ HFarnsworth on November 10th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

Whaaaaaa? The Hippity Hop Gamer? Why don’t you go get the Angry Video Game Nerd then? At least he’s mildly entertaining. Proper grammer is officially dead now.

+ av2272 on November 10th, 2010 at 5:50 pm said:

COOL UPDATE have to check it out!

+ Aka_Snyper on November 10th, 2010 at 6:16 pm said:

actually sony’s avatars can do more stuff than MS’s avatars

+ Aka_Snyper on November 10th, 2010 at 6:18 pm said:

Oh yea..SONY BRAVIA’S are AMAZING!! guuys

+ awsome_robot on November 10th, 2010 at 6:59 pm said:

With all the technology, why can’t we ever update home as soon as we are prompted? We always have to wait for the hdd light to stop blinking. Not everyone the visits Home will read the blog.

+ Jayson619 on November 10th, 2010 at 7:14 pm said:

@Locust_Star

Don’t leave out Asia in this too!

+ Jeigh on November 10th, 2010 at 7:32 pm said:

Okay, the whole system-rebooting-if-you-don’t-wait-for-the-orange-light-thing shouldn’t happen. It’s ridiculous. I couldn’t figure out what the hell was going on last time for 15 minutes. If I hadn’t read the update details, I wouldn’t have known at all. Work something out- a loading screen or something that forces that wait time. It just shouldn’t be an issue.