PS4-Infamous

Gran Turismo 5 Release Date Confirmed for November 24th, 2010

Alex Armour's Avatar + Posted by Alex Armour on Nov 12, 2010 // Senior Manager, Public Relations

Gran Turismo 5

The date is locked in: Gran Turismo 5 will go on sale throughout North America on Wednesday, November 24th.

That means you’ll be experiencing over 1,000 cars, including karts and select NASCAR cars, scores of tracks, the all-new Course Maker, a dynamic weather system, a robust online community, and everything else Gran Turismo 5 has to offer in less than two weeks.

Along with confirming the November 24th date, Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc. had this to say:

Gran Turismo 5 is an ambitious project, with challenges and complexities which have made it our version of the Apollo Space Program! When we created the original Gran Turismo back in 1997, we wanted to set a completely new precedent for the racing genre. With the technological leap onto PlayStation 3, our objective with Gran Turismo 5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts, which is why it was such a difficult decision to delay the release of the game, and one which we did not take lightly. I can only apologize to everyone for making you wait so long, and I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed.

Don’t forget to pre-order Gran Turismo 5 if you haven’t already to ensure your copy day one and receive a voucher for one of five free downloadable cars with a custom Stealth Model skin.

We’ll have much more on Gran Turismo between now and launch, so please stay tuned to the PlayStation Blog and the official Gran Turismo site.

Gran Turismo 5

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

+ carnut_37 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:20 am said:

since when do video games come out on wednesdays in the US?
that makes absolutely no sense, but, in light of that..

OH HAPPY DAY!

+ BrianMcGuinness on November 12th, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

No seriously. When is this coming out? Will it have trophies? How about cross game chat? How about you find me a girlfriend? No seriously. Will I be able to use my Home avatar? Guys, seriously.
IF THIS DOESN’T HAVE CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS THIS IS THE BIGGEST EPICEST FAIL OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!! I’M COOL WHEN I SAY THAT!!!!!

How’s that?

+ BrianMcGuinness on November 12th, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

Oh, and I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS COMING OUT ON A WEDNESDAY!!! THAT’S THE STUPIDEST THING EVER!!! YOU TOTALLY RUINED MY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!!!!!!!!1

+ Understeer on November 12th, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

Waiting for the DELAY on Nov 20

+ skyofdreams on November 12th, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

Just in time for Thanksgiving break. =]

And Finals… =[

+ chifanpoe on November 12th, 2010 at 8:27 am said:

QWJEhfa;lksrhfa

YES YES YES!!!!!

+ FATHASUN on November 12th, 2010 at 8:27 am said:

GT5 was excellent at the Playstation Lounge. It will be even better in my living room.

Sooo.. When will the mandatory Kevin Butler push begin? Hit em hard Kev!

+ Dardantuan on November 12th, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

Awesome! I could actually care less about the game, but now all the comment sections of the other posts won’t be filled with so much whining asking for a release date. Yippee! have fun driving inside the lines, dudes.

+ Charles_Surge on November 12th, 2010 at 8:33 am said:

HURRAY!
12 DAYS!

+ RADIOKILLER13 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:34 am said:

well weve waited five plus years what another 2 weeks…..IM ECSTATIC

+ MLZ911 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

SWEEEEEEEET

+ JoeDuke4 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

HOLY CAARRAAAAAPPPP!!!

+ JoeDuke4 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

I bet Jeff and the rest of the blog tea are happy, no more GT5 blog spam for the release date. lol

+ undertaker9999 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:50 am said:

Is the Collectors Edition comming to Canada? I dont see it on any Canadian websites like futureshop or Bestbuy

+ deafwing on November 12th, 2010 at 8:50 am said:

about damn time

+ squ33ki on November 12th, 2010 at 8:51 am said:

Hi Alex,

Target doesn’t state what their voucher is for pre-ordering with them. Can you please elaborate on this?

+ SykoTech on November 12th, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

Better late that never.

Awesome.

+ zombie9 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

Wednesday the day right before Thanksgiving when I got 4 days off for Holiday vaction (what will I do). this is just horrible:)

+ DZORMAGEN on November 12th, 2010 at 9:00 am said:

I will believe it when I see it on store shelves!

+ Trigg on November 12th, 2010 at 9:00 am said:

If my 60GB didn’t fail I’d be excited for this.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on November 12th, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

Track list is disappointing, and so is the lack of Koegnisegg and Bugatti being Standard :/

+ digitalman123 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

Not into GT, but I’ll post here anyway! Are you sure this isn’t a piece of paper duct-taped over a 2011 release sign?

+ furidasu on November 12th, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

YEAAA! FINALLY GT TAKES LIKE 10 YEARS UNTIL ONES COMES OUT.

+ Angelcurio on November 12th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

Jesus Christ. Finally. I have the LE preordered since july. The Wait is over.

+ ghostpos on November 12th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

YESS!~!!! Lets do this!@

+ Glacier928 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

Awesome!!!! I get to play it all day on Thanksgiving now!

+ JM761 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

Thank you for telling us finally!!

+ SyphonFilter- on November 12th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

nice

+ The_Shed_End on November 12th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

All I can say is thank you! This is truly a great day.

+ elh51 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

hope that this is a ” mundial release date”!!!!if not I will die here in Brazil!!!!

+ Sons-of-Helghan on November 12th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ BrianC6234 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

It’s good to finally have a release date. Too bad I’ll be out of town on this day. I hope Gamestop holds games for a few days. Maybe I can get it on Saturday.

+ Stalker666_ on November 12th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

I have a question about GT5.
Some people are dissapointed that some tracks/cars aren’t in the game, will there be future DLC’s? And if so, are they for free? Because people like free stuff.

+ CH1N1T0- on November 12th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

GT5 FTW!!!

+ Blkant on November 12th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

I just found out there are only 26 tracks… I’m seriously disappointed… I hope there will be loads of DLC :/

Oh well… Good to have the game coming anyways.

+ eargt2 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

Finally!
This is one of the most importants news of the year (to me!)… Cant wait to have the game in my home !!!.. Thankfully will be available in Mexico that day !!! :)
Thanks Yamauchi

+ Hrothgar520 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

@184 26 tracks isn’t small by any means…and there’s a creator, no matter how simple…which does help.

+ shadowtsunami on November 12th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Yes even better then wee expected Thank You God Your are good all the time!

+ TheGuardianFID on November 12th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

AWESOMESAUCE SONY, YAAAAAAAYYYYYY LOL, thanks guys!!! 8) 8) 8)

+ filipdr on November 12th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Finally, there WON’T be any more delays, Kaz sad that this has been the last one! So 24th of November then…

GT5 IS GONNA ROCK SO HARD!!! :D

+ shaney2007h on November 12th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

Epic Epic Epic ness!

+ EnigmaNemesis on November 12th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Kazunori Yamauchi is a very passionate and honorable man. I love that he has open letters to the fans, and to me you need not apologize.

Arigatō Kazunori-san!

I am looking forward to playing your masterpiece of a game when it arrives in two weeks.

+ xeno3d on November 12th, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

+ Zuriel on November 12th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

After 5 years the game will finally be in our hands. I’ve changed my mind about Kaz after he apologized directly to the GT fans who have been with the series since it’s beginning.

12 days, oh it’s going to be excruciating.

+ Destiny89 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

+ rAdIOhEad73 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

Congratz SONY, you were able to pull it off after all, so I will reward you with my money!!!!!

+ Jmothafnp on November 12th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

How is the release date “locked In”? Wasn’t it “locked In” the past 6 times the have delayed it?
I’m so disappointed in PlayStation. I bought a PS3 just for this game, like 2 years ago. In the other hand, I know I can relay on my Xbox to release the games when they say.

+ XxsnipersnakexX on November 12th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

hell yeahh

+ Dafreakzo on November 12th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Thank you for posting this. Was so sick of the blog being congested with 12 year old’s begging for a release date.

+ SKOT_FREE on November 12th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

YES! I CANNOT WAIT FOR GT5 and we get it for Thanksgiving! What a Holiday this is gonna be!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8