Horizon Zero Dawn

Nov 12

Nov 12

Gran Turismo 5 Release Date Confirmed for November 24th, 2010

Alex Armour's Avatar Posted by Senior Manager, Public Relations

Gran Turismo 5

The date is locked in: Gran Turismo 5 will go on sale throughout North America on Wednesday, November 24th.

That means you’ll be experiencing over 1,000 cars, including karts and select NASCAR cars, scores of tracks, the all-new Course Maker, a dynamic weather system, a robust online community, and everything else Gran Turismo 5 has to offer in less than two weeks.

Along with confirming the November 24th date, Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc. had this to say:

Gran Turismo 5 is an ambitious project, with challenges and complexities which have made it our version of the Apollo Space Program! When we created the original Gran Turismo back in 1997, we wanted to set a completely new precedent for the racing genre. With the technological leap onto PlayStation 3, our objective with Gran Turismo 5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts, which is why it was such a difficult decision to delay the release of the game, and one which we did not take lightly. I can only apologize to everyone for making you wait so long, and I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed.

Don’t forget to pre-order Gran Turismo 5 if you haven’t already to ensure your copy day one and receive a voucher for one of five free downloadable cars with a custom Stealth Model skin.

We’ll have much more on Gran Turismo between now and launch, so please stay tuned to the PlayStation Blog and the official Gran Turismo site.

Gran Turismo 5

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8

demifiend1 said:

November 12th, 4:23 pm

the best notice tomorrow is my marriage and this notice is the second great thing happen to me this year hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gran turimo 5 rulesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

linux731 said:

November 12th, 4:37 pm

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmyfoxhound said:

November 12th, 4:44 pm

Argh just thought of something bad though, even with over night shipping I bet Gamestop won’t ship it out on the 24th and with Thanksgiving on the 25th I bet I won’t get the game til the 26th.. BAH!! >:( Oh well.. I’ll just eat some turkey and try to be patient! :D

Killa_Aaron said:

November 12th, 4:44 pm

I hope for a midnight release from GameStop.

Black_Knight2009 said:

November 12th, 4:55 pm

I won’t believe this Release Until I actually see Gran Turismo 5 in a Retail store(Wal-Mart,GameStop,Besy Buy,etc.)
They delayed us before time and time again what makes this any different?

jimmy903 said:

November 12th, 5:00 pm

Yeahhhhhh! That’s 12 days from now, this is actually better than the 12 days of Christmas.

I have had GT5 pre-ordered for over 2 years now, (crazy, I know) so you can imagine how excited I am to get home from work an see THIS.

Cloud 9 baby! Cloud 9.

Shakeyp said:

November 12th, 5:02 pm

the way its been delayed i think they mean 2011 not 2010 lmao

Rinaldus91 said:

November 12th, 5:11 pm

Gonna have to call boring here, I doubt anyone on the blog was waiting for a release date announcement.

shurnster said:

November 12th, 5:24 pm

It’s been a long wait. But it’s going to be worth waiting for!

Jeeves_Tremor said:

November 12th, 5:28 pm

Will Top Gear, and more importantly The Stig, still be in this game?

DaNTi3L said:

November 12th, 5:40 pm

best news of the day hell yesss i cant wait for thisssssssss

alok893 said:

November 12th, 5:44 pm

YES THANK GOD THANK YOU POLYPHONY DIGITAL!!!

GooDer_gAMe said:

November 12th, 5:46 pm

YES! Kazunori Yamauchi is AWESOME~! I know the quality will be worth the wait, few devs are on par with the quality of games he puts out, the first 2 off the top of my head are Blizzard and Kojima. Most average developers would have released it already, possibly full of bugs, and below par in terms of quality, graphics as well as gameplay, which is why I can’t wait until the 24th.

Rusted01 said:

November 12th, 6:03 pm

Ps blog I dont trust you. Who’s your source???

Vidarcr said:

November 12th, 6:14 pm

Oh man, I can’t believe we’re so close to get it, CE preordered, Logitech wheel, here I go!!!!! I’m making my own wheel stand, and I’m ready to get that Celica GT-R 86′ I so love!!!

Spunta said:

November 12th, 6:19 pm

I’ll believe this when I get my copy for Christmas. I’m too pressed to get presents for others this coming Holiday. I don’t care if my best friend has a copy and I play. It just isn’t real ’til I get it.

/denial

SpeedRacer1955 said:

November 12th, 6:19 pm

Well if I can still pre-order at GameStop I might but it will be close. I want the Joey Logano car in the Nascar livery.

danil2009g said:

November 12th, 7:15 pm

NICE!! I hope it will be good!

footballrule said:

November 12th, 7:29 pm

Wow, good news to hear! Looking forward to this game finally releasing!

Minolta1989 said:

November 12th, 7:36 pm

You able to customize your vehicles???I’m getting interested.

KIDD_KILLA said:

November 12th, 7:37 pm

the king is here!

fahimraza46 said:

November 12th, 8:48 pm

Will it also cm on PSP.
Finger crossed.

TheBeast920 said:

November 12th, 8:51 pm

ok, but can you please just give us the release d- oh wait :P

Curtisio said:

November 12th, 9:01 pm

A word of advice: Don’t delay it anymore! I think fans are going to be just a little upset if you turn around and delay it again!

Elnath10 said:

November 12th, 9:22 pm

finally newbie freaks will stop annoying everywhere in the blog… that’s what I really celebrate about this… The game eventually gonna be out so.. what was the big deal anyway…

SuNnYBoI said:

November 12th, 9:33 pm

Finally! But this game couldn’t have picked a worse time to release. Being released amongst big blockbuster titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and Fallout: New Vegas means a tough sell. They all release before this, leaving just the true fans as supporters for the sales for this game. Not as if my say matters, but I personally believe that the sales for this will begin to shine late December to mid-January due to the massive MASSIVE competition.

D-Roca said:

November 12th, 10:17 pm

MAKE RETAILERS OPEN AT MIDNIGHT FOR THE GT5 LAUNCH!!

terranwolf said:

November 12th, 10:23 pm

@321 – The game already has been in the burning/shipping process; it has been since November 2nd or so.

fuzzyclutter said:

November 12th, 10:23 pm

why is it people seem to think that it’s the blog staff that determines release dates … this entire gaming thing isnt just a front is it ??? perhaps your primary objective is to taunt and torture over indulgent people with fake release dates … yes i can see there being alot of money in that …NOT . but anyhow . i think they should delay it longer , just to make sure it has enough cowbell . you can never have too much cowbell .

comicfan007 said:

November 12th, 10:31 pm

OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roguejedi5 said:

November 12th, 10:34 pm

Finally it will be here, just in time for xmas.

LordRaymond said:

November 12th, 10:36 pm

Yay for Gran Turismo 5!

BostonAllStar said:

November 13th, 12:12 am

Apparently this thread has been taken over by the same teenagers that plague the trade channel of all WoW servers. Let’s not give Polyphony and Sony any fanfare. The launch may be good for their pocketbooks, but it was unprofessional, late, and possibly intentional. No props coming from Boston.

Alex Armour's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 13th, 11:42 am

Thanks for the feedback, but it was definitely not intentional. We hope you try it out and let us know what you think!

LOKC said:

November 13th, 12:19 am

On 7/4/2007, I bought my 60G PS3, and began to wait for a game call: GRAN TURISMO 5. 12/12/2007 the first GT5p offical release day, and finally released on 15/4/2008. And waiting another 400 days, GRAN TURISMO 5 is nearly release now!!!!!!!! Don’t delay the release day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlindMango said:

November 13th, 12:28 am

lol, I will believe that it actually released when I see it on store shelves, lol. I realize that the designers of this game are passionate and want this game to be perfect but the delays are kinda a joke around the internet now, haha. I cannot wait to see the game though when it releases!

zachmo417 said:

November 13th, 12:31 am

now after my joining in of the blog flood a few sundays ago on the drop,and and my heartfelt asking for a release date, i have to give it up to sony and pd for giving us a release that falls before december. you can say that it’s just a game and all and all that’s true, but many a heart sank when the delay was announced hence all the rage on the blog. (aside from the normal rage of any given day) But today i woke up and discovered more generous release day than i had hoped for. and in short i can’t wait to play this game

nerdmanwhippy said:

November 13th, 12:37 am

In b4 blog post of “lulz sorry guys were pushing back a few more days while we deploy a patch real quick like b4 game launches but it’ll still be in time for the holiday season of 2010!”

Seriously though it would make me so happy to see it pushed back by even another day just to see everybody nerdrage again.

zachmo417 said:

November 13th, 12:56 am

@334 DON’T YOU SAY THAT, don’t you ever say that….ala billy madison

HMS_Victor said:

November 13th, 3:01 am

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEESOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS2FST4U said:

November 13th, 3:33 am

MOTEGI DOKO DESKA ????

MazzingerZ said:

November 13th, 3:51 am

I’m already sitting in my living room waiting for the delivery that will bring speed to my livingroom!

Shadowsquirrel said:

November 13th, 6:18 am

Finaly sony delivering the information thats wanted.

A-Leal said:

November 13th, 7:06 am

I’m so excited! Thanks alot. :D

GrayGhost45 said:

November 13th, 8:42 am

Where’s the GT5 realease date SONY! Stop making blogs until we get our release… oh wait… cool!

crusher915 said:

November 13th, 9:13 am

SillyHatMafia said:

November 13th, 9:26 am

Come one Sony, you only have 11 days to delay it again!

lol Glad to hear its coming out

zombie_56 said:

November 13th, 9:40 am

YES FINALY IM GOING TO GET MYSELF A DRIVING WHEEL AND PRE ORDER GT5 ASAP

Carl-G said:

November 13th, 9:51 am

PLEASE do LOADS of Adverts on TV for it SONY. I’m fed up of just seeing xBox 360 Adverts on TV! :D

Q-TIPZ said:

November 13th, 9:52 am

Thank God!!!!!!!!! I was starting to lose hope on this game because DAMN THEY TOOK FOOOOORRRRRREEEEEVVVVVEEEERRRR on it !!! This better be the best driving game in the history of mankind or i will be sorely disapointed. I hope you made the most of your time guys because for me every little of your credibility is on the line.

TripG said:

November 13th, 10:14 am

I’ll be delayed in purchasing the game. Probably a year or more. Why anyone is still interested in this game is beyond me.

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8