PS4 - Destiny

Gran Turismo 5 Release Date Confirmed for November 24th, 2010

Alex Armour's Avatar + Posted by Alex Armour on Nov 12, 2010 // Senior Manager, Public Relations

Gran Turismo 5

The date is locked in: Gran Turismo 5 will go on sale throughout North America on Wednesday, November 24th.

That means you’ll be experiencing over 1,000 cars, including karts and select NASCAR cars, scores of tracks, the all-new Course Maker, a dynamic weather system, a robust online community, and everything else Gran Turismo 5 has to offer in less than two weeks.

Along with confirming the November 24th date, Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc. had this to say:

Gran Turismo 5 is an ambitious project, with challenges and complexities which have made it our version of the Apollo Space Program! When we created the original Gran Turismo back in 1997, we wanted to set a completely new precedent for the racing genre. With the technological leap onto PlayStation 3, our objective with Gran Turismo 5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts, which is why it was such a difficult decision to delay the release of the game, and one which we did not take lightly. I can only apologize to everyone for making you wait so long, and I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed.

Don’t forget to pre-order Gran Turismo 5 if you haven’t already to ensure your copy day one and receive a voucher for one of five free downloadable cars with a custom Stealth Model skin.

We’ll have much more on Gran Turismo between now and launch, so please stay tuned to the PlayStation Blog and the official Gran Turismo site.

Gran Turismo 5

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8

+ demifiend1 on November 12th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

the best notice tomorrow is my marriage and this notice is the second great thing happen to me this year hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gran turimo 5 rulesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

+ linux731 on November 12th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ jimmyfoxhound on November 12th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Argh just thought of something bad though, even with over night shipping I bet Gamestop won’t ship it out on the 24th and with Thanksgiving on the 25th I bet I won’t get the game til the 26th.. BAH!! >:( Oh well.. I’ll just eat some turkey and try to be patient! :D

+ Killa_Aaron on November 12th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

I hope for a midnight release from GameStop.

+ Black_Knight2009 on November 12th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

I won’t believe this Release Until I actually see Gran Turismo 5 in a Retail store(Wal-Mart,GameStop,Besy Buy,etc.)
They delayed us before time and time again what makes this any different?

+ jimmy903 on November 12th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Yeahhhhhh! That’s 12 days from now, this is actually better than the 12 days of Christmas.

I have had GT5 pre-ordered for over 2 years now, (crazy, I know) so you can imagine how excited I am to get home from work an see THIS.

Cloud 9 baby! Cloud 9.

+ Shakeyp on November 12th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

the way its been delayed i think they mean 2011 not 2010 lmao

+ Rinaldus91 on November 12th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

Gonna have to call boring here, I doubt anyone on the blog was waiting for a release date announcement.

+ shurnster on November 12th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

It’s been a long wait. But it’s going to be worth waiting for!

+ Jeeves_Tremor on November 12th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Will Top Gear, and more importantly The Stig, still be in this game?

+ DaNTi3L on November 12th, 2010 at 5:40 pm said:

best news of the day hell yesss i cant wait for thisssssssss

+ alok893 on November 12th, 2010 at 5:44 pm said:

YES THANK GOD THANK YOU POLYPHONY DIGITAL!!!

+ GooDer_gAMe on November 12th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

YES! Kazunori Yamauchi is AWESOME~! I know the quality will be worth the wait, few devs are on par with the quality of games he puts out, the first 2 off the top of my head are Blizzard and Kojima. Most average developers would have released it already, possibly full of bugs, and below par in terms of quality, graphics as well as gameplay, which is why I can’t wait until the 24th.

+ Rusted01 on November 12th, 2010 at 6:03 pm said:

Ps blog I dont trust you. Who’s your source???

+ Vidarcr on November 12th, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

Oh man, I can’t believe we’re so close to get it, CE preordered, Logitech wheel, here I go!!!!! I’m making my own wheel stand, and I’m ready to get that Celica GT-R 86′ I so love!!!

+ Spunta on November 12th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

I’ll believe this when I get my copy for Christmas. I’m too pressed to get presents for others this coming Holiday. I don’t care if my best friend has a copy and I play. It just isn’t real ’til I get it.

/denial

+ SpeedRacer1955 on November 12th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

Well if I can still pre-order at GameStop I might but it will be close. I want the Joey Logano car in the Nascar livery.

+ danil2009g on November 12th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

NICE!! I hope it will be good!

+ footballrule on November 12th, 2010 at 7:29 pm said:

Wow, good news to hear! Looking forward to this game finally releasing!

+ Minolta1989 on November 12th, 2010 at 7:36 pm said:

You able to customize your vehicles???I’m getting interested.

+ KIDD_KILLA on November 12th, 2010 at 7:37 pm said:

the king is here!

+ fahimraza46 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:48 pm said:

Will it also cm on PSP.
Finger crossed.

+ TheBeast920 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:51 pm said:

ok, but can you please just give us the release d- oh wait :P

+ Curtisio on November 12th, 2010 at 9:01 pm said:

A word of advice: Don’t delay it anymore! I think fans are going to be just a little upset if you turn around and delay it again!

+ Elnath10 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:22 pm said:

finally newbie freaks will stop annoying everywhere in the blog… that’s what I really celebrate about this… The game eventually gonna be out so.. what was the big deal anyway…

+ SuNnYBoI on November 12th, 2010 at 9:33 pm said:

Finally! But this game couldn’t have picked a worse time to release. Being released amongst big blockbuster titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and Fallout: New Vegas means a tough sell. They all release before this, leaving just the true fans as supporters for the sales for this game. Not as if my say matters, but I personally believe that the sales for this will begin to shine late December to mid-January due to the massive MASSIVE competition.

+ D-Roca on November 12th, 2010 at 10:17 pm said:

MAKE RETAILERS OPEN AT MIDNIGHT FOR THE GT5 LAUNCH!!

+ terranwolf on November 12th, 2010 at 10:23 pm said:

@321 – The game already has been in the burning/shipping process; it has been since November 2nd or so.

+ fuzzyclutter on November 12th, 2010 at 10:23 pm said:

why is it people seem to think that it’s the blog staff that determines release dates … this entire gaming thing isnt just a front is it ??? perhaps your primary objective is to taunt and torture over indulgent people with fake release dates … yes i can see there being alot of money in that …NOT . but anyhow . i think they should delay it longer , just to make sure it has enough cowbell . you can never have too much cowbell .

+ comicfan007 on November 12th, 2010 at 10:31 pm said:

OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Roguejedi5 on November 12th, 2010 at 10:34 pm said:

Finally it will be here, just in time for xmas.

+ LordRaymond on November 12th, 2010 at 10:36 pm said:

Yay for Gran Turismo 5!

+ BostonAllStar on November 13th, 2010 at 12:12 am said:

Apparently this thread has been taken over by the same teenagers that plague the trade channel of all WoW servers. Let’s not give Polyphony and Sony any fanfare. The launch may be good for their pocketbooks, but it was unprofessional, late, and possibly intentional. No props coming from Boston.

Alex Armour's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 13th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

Thanks for the feedback, but it was definitely not intentional. We hope you try it out and let us know what you think!

+ LOKC on November 13th, 2010 at 12:19 am said:

On 7/4/2007, I bought my 60G PS3, and began to wait for a game call: GRAN TURISMO 5. 12/12/2007 the first GT5p offical release day, and finally released on 15/4/2008. And waiting another 400 days, GRAN TURISMO 5 is nearly release now!!!!!!!! Don’t delay the release day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ BlindMango on November 13th, 2010 at 12:28 am said:

lol, I will believe that it actually released when I see it on store shelves, lol. I realize that the designers of this game are passionate and want this game to be perfect but the delays are kinda a joke around the internet now, haha. I cannot wait to see the game though when it releases!

+ zachmo417 on November 13th, 2010 at 12:31 am said:

now after my joining in of the blog flood a few sundays ago on the drop,and and my heartfelt asking for a release date, i have to give it up to sony and pd for giving us a release that falls before december. you can say that it’s just a game and all and all that’s true, but many a heart sank when the delay was announced hence all the rage on the blog. (aside from the normal rage of any given day) But today i woke up and discovered more generous release day than i had hoped for. and in short i can’t wait to play this game

+ nerdmanwhippy on November 13th, 2010 at 12:37 am said:

In b4 blog post of “lulz sorry guys were pushing back a few more days while we deploy a patch real quick like b4 game launches but it’ll still be in time for the holiday season of 2010!”

Seriously though it would make me so happy to see it pushed back by even another day just to see everybody nerdrage again.

+ zachmo417 on November 13th, 2010 at 12:56 am said:

@334 DON’T YOU SAY THAT, don’t you ever say that….ala billy madison

+ HMS_Victor on November 13th, 2010 at 3:01 am said:

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEESOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ IS2FST4U on November 13th, 2010 at 3:33 am said:

MOTEGI DOKO DESKA ????

+ MazzingerZ on November 13th, 2010 at 3:51 am said:

I’m already sitting in my living room waiting for the delivery that will bring speed to my livingroom!

+ Shadowsquirrel on November 13th, 2010 at 6:18 am said:

Finaly sony delivering the information thats wanted.

+ A-Leal on November 13th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

I’m so excited! Thanks alot. :D

+ GrayGhost45 on November 13th, 2010 at 8:42 am said:

Where’s the GT5 realease date SONY! Stop making blogs until we get our release… oh wait… cool!

+ crusher915 on November 13th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

here is the list of car’s in the game http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-12-gt5-a-list-of-1031-cars

+ SillyHatMafia on November 13th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Come one Sony, you only have 11 days to delay it again!

lol Glad to hear its coming out

+ zombie_56 on November 13th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

YES FINALY IM GOING TO GET MYSELF A DRIVING WHEEL AND PRE ORDER GT5 ASAP

+ Carl-G on November 13th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

PLEASE do LOADS of Adverts on TV for it SONY. I’m fed up of just seeing xBox 360 Adverts on TV! :D

+ Q-TIPZ on November 13th, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

Thank God!!!!!!!!! I was starting to lose hope on this game because DAMN THEY TOOK FOOOOORRRRRREEEEEVVVVVEEEERRRR on it !!! This better be the best driving game in the history of mankind or i will be sorely disapointed. I hope you made the most of your time guys because for me every little of your credibility is on the line.

+ TripG on November 13th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

I’ll be delayed in purchasing the game. Probably a year or more. Why anyone is still interested in this game is beyond me.

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8