PS4 - Transistor

LittleBigPlanet Community Goodness: The Costume Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Nov 12, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Sackboy Costume blog post banner

Remembering Costumes

Remember the first time you played LittleBigPlanet? Remember the first thing you did? For us, it was opening the POP-IT and customizing our own little Sackboy (or Sackgirl). I’m sure most of you remember dressing your own little Sackboy – and as we reminisce, we’re reminded of a few community gems that we thought we should share…

Costume Montages

sposim94 has creatively put together a two pieces we love with tons of LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 beta costumes:

sposim94: We can’t wait to see what you do with the costumes in LittleBigPlanet 2!

Say Cheese!

Over on LittleBigPlanetCentral, they got together and created a brilliant group photo…

LBP group photo

Leftover Birthday Cake on The PlayStation Store!

Speaking of costumes – remember all the “Special” DLC that popped up for free on the PlayStation Store? Well, they’re coming back!

Cakeboy HD

We just celebrated LittleBigPlanet’s second birthday, and had some leftovers. Head to the PlayStation Store on Tuesday, November 16th and be sure to download it before its gone.

Your Costumes!

After all that, we naturally we looked the internetz to see more, and got stuck looking at all the Sackboy Halloween costumes. I’m still working on mine (one made from balloon animal balloons). Love these!

And then there’s this …sooooo wrong.

New LittleBigPlanet Addition to PlayStation Home

While we’re talking customized personas, for those of you doing that in PlayStation Home, don’t forget to check out the latest addition to the LittleBigPlanet Home space.

PlayStation Home: LittleBigPlanet Derby PlayStation Home: LittleBigPlanet Derby

Random Goodness

Sackboy balloon animal blur

38 Comments

+ DevilWillcry on November 12th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

I wantz in the beta!

+ Kuraudoffxi on November 12th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Talking about customes, any news about the Sephiroth’s custome announced during TGS 2008?

+ FRANKMAN1 on November 12th, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

@1 me 2 brah

+ Mosh_Pit on November 12th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

Meh.

+ tbt924 on November 12th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

Great blog about all the community updates (but lots of grammar mistakes, Mark!). Thank you!

I want in the beta tooooo! (and that crown, need to make a level!) ;)

<3 tbt.

+ poweredbyzen on November 12th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

sacktastic! :D

+ dusek on November 12th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

Finally a hippy costume

+ WolfBladez on November 12th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

glad i got the beta(the only beta i was ever invited to) an i must say this game is brilliant, it didnt need a pushback on the date

+ Aka_Snyper on November 12th, 2010 at 2:09 pm said:

lol

+ Big_Hawk97 on November 12th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

I’m leaving a comment!

+ Feral_Dragon on November 12th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Aw, when I saw Costumes Edition I was hopin for new stuff for LBP, but it`s just the same birthday cake one I already got ages ago…

Will there be any new stuff for the first LBP? Please tell me now so I can stop looking and just wait for LBP2. I`m tired of getting disappointed every week.

+ linwood354 on November 12th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

Please give more NA beta codes out to active people in NA like me.

+ digitalman123 on November 12th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

A hippie costume. A costume my sister adores. I can’t wait! (I’m a guy, but I’m squealing with girlish excitement!)

+ emanpunk on November 12th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

Has the LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector’s Edition been sold out? It’s no longer available from GameStop.com or their brick and mortar stores… I was wondering if I’m out of luck… I really want to get that plushy and those bookends :(

+ SarshelYam on November 12th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

Try Amazon emanpunk. GameStop, er…stopped reservations for the Limited Collector’s Edition on Monday, November 8th.

Here’s the link to Amazon’s page:

+ B1GG1N on November 12th, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

I must be getting old. As cool as the second Halloween costume was, I couldn’t get past the kids trampling through the homeowner’s yards while the parents looked on. Use the sidewalks and get off my grass!!

+ bemantis on November 12th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

That kid’s costume was awesome. Here’s a picture of mine from last year. The thing took me three months to make!

+ Silvan24 on November 12th, 2010 at 5:33 pm said:

is the turkey head costume coming the week after?

+ Schm078 on November 12th, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

I’m famous!!!

+ derth44 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:20 pm said:

i think i am litterally in love with this game. seriously is there something wrong with me?

+ angelspawn77 on November 12th, 2010 at 9:10 pm said:

@ 2

Seriously, that is so old and we still havent gotten our sephiroth costume, I mean seriously so many costumes since then and they haven’t gotten us our sephiroth? What’s up MM!?
Also the G4 video is pretty funny, never saw it before.

+ Richlando on November 12th, 2010 at 9:28 pm said:

*patiently waits for a beta code*

+ sposim94 on November 13th, 2010 at 2:34 am said:

Thank you for posting my videos! :D

+ Vex_Doppel on November 13th, 2010 at 6:20 am said:

Where’s the Glasboy love Mark?

+ MGO_Count on November 13th, 2010 at 7:37 am said:

I’m first row #3 xD the one with the christmas hat!!
Gooo LBPC! :)

+ footballrule on November 13th, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

Great update! I will be sure to check out the PS Home outfit and I’m loving the beta test. :)

+ SupaFanboy on November 13th, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

WOW so much lbp goodness!!

the best thing li like about LBP is the costumes and the amount of creativity you can put into them

but theres so much new stuff i just cant wait for the costumes at LBP2!!!!!

+ siegeh on November 13th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

COME ON I SAVED MONEY FOR DEAD SPACE 2 AND THIS, NOW I GOT TO GET BOTH, thats just great.

+ awsome246 on November 13th, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

I want the beta so bad i bought almost all the dlc and beet the game 100% I hope i get it.

+ Trony953 on November 13th, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

Any news on the long overdue Final Fantasy costumes?

+ LJ94 on November 13th, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

Your not helping me be patience showing all this great info about the game and having all of us wait till january

+ kaasman123 on November 14th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

its not fair! america is getting a better collectors edition!
i want the bookends!!!

+ Arnald23 on November 14th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

oh yea I remember that LBPC group photo lol that was so fun I was in it still lol XD

+ HawkPath-AS on November 14th, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

Darn, I’m so angry that they postponed it. I’m praying they tricked us and it’s coming out this week. I hae zillions of ideas brewing in my ming using all of the new things. :(

+ HawkPath-AS on November 14th, 2010 at 6:44 pm said:

Sorry, I had a typo. I ment had instead of hae.

+ clbulek on November 16th, 2010 at 5:07 am said:

Where are they??

+ nellie2liam on November 16th, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

no birthday suits????

+ CAPNDigital on November 16th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

Speaking of costumes – remember ALL the “Special” DLC that popped up for free on the PlayStation Store? Well, THEY’RE coming back!

Where is ALL of the “Special” DLC??????

I only see the Birthday Cake thing… that’s not ALL that “Special” DLC…

sad, another deception from the Playstation Store team.