PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Peggle Hits PSP on Tuesday, is Addicting

Michael Santora's Avatar + Posted by Michael Santora on Nov 12, 2010 // Associate Producer, PopCap Games

PopCap has already brought you Bejeweled 2 and Zuma for the PSP, and I’m excited to tell you that we have brought the full Peggle experience to the PlayStation Store on PSN!

Peggle PSP

I was the Associate Producer of Peggle and Peggle Nights for the PS3, and I know a number of you wanted to see this game come to your PSP so you could take it on the go. Remote Play is awesome, but you don’t always have an internet connection when you want to play, right?

Peggle PSP Peggle PSP

Our expert Peggle Institute Programmers were able to get the full, original Peggle Experience into your PSP. All the original Masters, challenges, and levels in adventure mode are here! There were some late nights and long meetings with Bjorn and Master Hu, but we got there! Peggle on the PSP took us a lot of time to get right to make sure we created a game that looked good on the smaller screen (I hope your PSP has a smaller screen than your TV!) and felt right with the PSP controls.

Peggle PSP

I hope you are all as excited about this as I am, and thanks for liking our games as much as we do! It’s a pretty awesome feeling to get such a warm reception for the games we release on the PlayStation Network. Look for Peggle on PSP this Tuesday for $9.99.

30 Comments

+ Jetup on November 12th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

awesome. Loved Peggle on PS3 and PC

+ joseph2411 on November 12th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Great! Thanks for showing support to PS3 & PSP, now…what about a Plants vs Zombies release for PS3? Please…

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 12th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

i already play peggle on my PSP by remote play everytime i go to the bathroom. XD

+ solace357 on November 12th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

THIS NEEDS MORE COMMENTS
I AM SO PUMPED RIGHT NOW FOR PEGGLE ON PSP.
Seriously.
Thanks Pop Cap!

+ PSN_Tokeio on November 12th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

Peggle on PSP? Nah. I’d much rather see a complete version of Plants vs Zombies on PSP instead of the hack job iPhone/iPod Touch version. PvZ on PS3 would be fantastic as well. That really is PopCap’s main game besides Bejeweled Blitz. The people demand more ZOMBIES with Plants, make it so!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 12th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

It was a fun arcade game on the PS3, but no one played online and the single-player got repetitive too quickly.

+ DiscoJer on November 12th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

It’s great to finally see PopCap games on the PSP after all these years. I mean heck, I think you even put them on the Zeebo before the PSP.

I’d really really like to see Bookworm though.

+ krae_man on November 12th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

The PS3 version should have been PSP compatable. Making people buy the same game twice on both hte PSP and PS3 is dumb.

Video games need the equivilant of a digital copy movies have.

Even if you had to pay a couple bucks more for it(Like you have to do with movies) it’s better then paying $10 twice for the same game.

People need to quit making excuses and make this happen and quit rejecting my share idea to this effect every time I submit it despite no similar idea existing.

+ NeoHumpty on November 12th, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

Yep, I’ll be buying Peggle yet again, thanks.

And yes, please bring Plants vs. Zombies to PSP, too. Your games are perfect for on the go play.

+ Ed243 on November 12th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

I wanna try how this game plays is there a demo for this on p3. The only games I played from pop cap is book worm and a bit of PVZ. I still wanna buy book worm for dsi and waiting for the ds verison of PVZ

+ Frostquake on November 12th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

I love Peggle, I bought on my iPod, DSi, Netbook, XBLA. I wish it could include all the special levels that were on my Netbook, like the World of Warcraft levels and the Holiday Levels. Getting it to work on a small screen as you said should be no problem, as you did well on the iPod and DSi….

+ aiphanes on November 12th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

Why is this $9.99 when it is only $2.99 on the itunes store for the iphone\Itouch?

The PSN network needs to get its pricing structure inline with Apple….We need some $.99 cent games.

+ rjejr on November 12th, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

PS3 PvZ w/ Move support please, ’nuff said.

+ DHILIFE on November 12th, 2010 at 7:53 pm said:

@13. I was thinking the same thing.

+ chilidawg1477 on November 12th, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

who cares about peggle?!
put tenkaichi tag team on the psn, u hav no reason not to

+ OveReAction on November 12th, 2010 at 8:55 pm said:

Plant vs Zombies PSP please??

+ KidCommando on November 12th, 2010 at 9:33 pm said:

fun game, but too expensive. Maybe when a sale hits I will bite.

+ AOB_SU on November 13th, 2010 at 12:39 am said:

Plant VS Zombie too please

+ Mikal_Drey on November 13th, 2010 at 2:32 am said:

hey hey

i never knew you could play this by remote play ! ! ! ! ! ! !

i just tried it and omg its awesome (shame remote play isnt)

i have peggle and peggle nights and like others have said can we simply have an addon to make peggle psp compatible ? i ♥ peggle but paying again for a different platform just isnt pleasing and the price point is exorbatant. i would pay a small stipend for an addon patch though.

kinda like a LOYALTY bonus

+ cronos1515 on November 13th, 2010 at 5:10 am said:

I wish there were more levels or challenges, I already have completed this on my PS3 and my iPod 100%. Don’t think I can do it again on my PSP.

+ Lugoves on November 13th, 2010 at 5:43 am said:

@3 I was thinking the same thing .. love remote playing Peggle esp. if E- Gads! someone is Watching TELEVISION on my TV. lol

+ BigRon3400 on November 13th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

Darn it I already payed for Peggle on PS3! I’ll be hoping for a PS Plus discount.

+ TripG on November 13th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

I’d be interested in this if this was announced oh, like a year ago. Now, it’s too late. Great game. But dont need it on any other system I own. :)

+ Kirkpad on November 13th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Hopefully it’s 9.99 and comes with the Peggle Nights levels too.

+ eyesofreality03 on November 13th, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

drool, after buying this gme 7 million times i can’t waIt to handover more money for this port as well…plain and simple, I LOVE THIS GAME!!

+ eyesofreality03 on November 13th, 2010 at 6:53 pm said:

and yea…Plants vs Zombies would be most welcome here as well, for BOTH PSP and PS3

+ spunnups on November 13th, 2010 at 11:29 pm said:

Plants Vs. Zombies. Even though I have it on my iTouch, I’d buy it again for the PS3 if you’d upgrade it and expand on it.

+ John-117 on November 14th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

Absolutely buying it this Tuesday! I love supporting you PopCap guys so that even more of your games can come to PSN *cough* PvZ *cough*.

+ Fylian on November 16th, 2010 at 7:57 am said:

I cant wait to pick this up on Tuesday! I bought this after i got my PS3 last year and I dont mind paying again since this game ROCKS and I’ve been waiting to get it on my PSPgo! One question though, will Youtube support still be in the PSP version? And what kind of multiplayer options will carry over? Will it have adhoc gamesharing (one game, 2 players on seperate PSPs)?

+ AG_Awesome on November 16th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

Does this have nights as well? I already have the DS version and dont want to get this if it has LESS than the DS one. If it has the same though I may be interested…