PS4-The Order

At Death’s Door: Dead Nation Hits PSN November 30th

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar + Posted by Daimion Pinnock on Nov 15, 2010 // Producer, SCEA

The most intense, chaotic gaming experience of 2010 is almost here! The developers at Housemarque, creators of PSN classic Super Stardust HD, are putting the finishing touches on their latest masterpiece: Dead Nation. Come November 30th in the U.S., it’ll be in your hands for $14.99 — and yes, it includes a Platinum Trophy!

Dead Nation for PS3 (PSN)

November 30th isn’t far off, but stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog as we reveal even more information in the final days before Dead Nation’s PSN release. We’ll be giving you an up-close look at Dead Nation’s metagame that will pit country versus country in a global battle for high score dominance and the ultimate bragging rights. Also, keep your eyeballs peeled for an upcoming video that will show you how crazed Dead Nation’s gameplay gets when it reaches fever pitch – you’ll be surrounded by more onscreen zombies than you can count complete with per-pixel shadows and lighting, particle effects galore, and realistic ragdoll physics all happening at the same time. Once you’ve seen the worst scenarios Dead Nation has to throw at you, there’s no going back.

Dead Nation features online and offline two-player cooperative play, a lengthy campaign littered with hidden treasures, hugely upgradeable weapons and armor, and tremendous replay value thanks to a host of difficulty levels. The fifth and final difficulty level — “Undead” — will leave you breathless!

Look for Dead Nation on PSN this November 30th for $14.99. Thanks for your support, PS3 fans!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ yazter on November 15th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

First? XD Just kidding.

But seriously, that is good news!

I wonder how long it’ll take for the trophies to appear on this site, though..

+ GoateeSox on November 15th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

Was on the Beta for this. It’s excellent

+ solace357 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

finally!

+ Tyrsis on November 15th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

I’ll pick this up. The Walking Dead has revitalized my interest in zombies…

+ Surfaced on November 15th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

Finally our date with the dead!

+ Red_Wolf92 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

+ HidroXphere on November 15th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Finally!!!! *¬*

one question!

Approximately, how long is the campaign?

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

Based on my experiences, probably 6+ hours depending on your skill. But that’s only the normal difficulty — there are 4 more difficulty levels and they are almost a different game. Much harder, meaning your weapon and armor mod choices become much more important.

+ nino1911 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

zombies are people as well we shouldn’t kill em there just misunderstood

+ joseph2411 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

Awesome! Can i declare 2010 as Year of the Zombies already? They are everywhere but never get old, its so much fun to kill them! Cant wait for Nov 30th

+ reson8er on November 15th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

+ Richlando on November 15th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

Will there be a demo?

+ Szamal on November 15th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

is 30th november only a us psn release date or eu as well?

+ Butters360 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

Yes!!!!! Give me your brains…..

+ Mikey1123 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

well worth the $14.99. im getting this day one.

+ DeviantBoi on November 15th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

How about a discount for PS+ subscribers?

+ sick111one on November 15th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

I heard this will be in 3d! Is that true? If so I am buying on day one. Love 3d stuff for my new 50″ 3d tv. Chances are if its not I will still buy day one because zombie anything is awesome.

+ Arkoth01 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

This is my first post on the blog and I figured this would be a good time to start!

I’ve been waiting for this news for awhile now. And just like Tyrsis, The Walking Dead has definitely curbed my hunger for Dead Nation, but I still can’t wait to play it!

+ GutsBerserker on November 15th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

Day 1!

StardustHD was worth every cent, no need to wait for Dead Nation to get a discount.

+ dragonmagician on November 15th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

“Come November 30th in the U.S,…”

I hope you just forgot about Canada for a split second when typing up the post. I was planning to celebrate with pancakes…but will wait until I get confirmation it is coming to Canada on the same day. :)

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

I *think* you will be 11/30 as well :D

+ David Bull on November 16th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

Yes, Sid is right. The game will release in the U.S, Canada and Mexico on Nov. 30th.

+ attikid on November 15th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

Awesome! This is great news. I will definitely be purchasing this game on day one.

+ KidCommando on November 15th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

YES, will be buying this!

+ FORMIK on November 15th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

I have been waiting for this game – glad to see a release date!
Do the offline and online co-op multiplayer modes feature the same game types?

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

Yessir!

+ atone1382 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

Fantastic news, day one purchase without a doubt. I have been eagerly awaiting this game.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

yayyyyyyyyy can’t wait for this game!!! thank you for finally givin us the release date XD

+ Chuckbait on November 15th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

I think i may have to purchase this one just based on how sick Stardust was. As one of the first PSN titles to offer custom soundtracks (and the first to add it via a patch) {Super Stardust HD}I must ask, will this game DEAD NATION feature custom soundtracks?

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

If you loved Stardust (like me!), this is absolutely your game. :D

+ Kamiboy on November 15th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

I never could understand some trends in videogames.

I never quite wrapped my head around the need for there to be so many top down dual stick shooters on PSN. So understandably I am grown orders of magnitude more baffled by the need, demand or capacity for there to be so many zombie themed variety of the sort.

How many does that tally now, at least half a dozen I reckon, and that is just from the top of my head.

Yeah, need to sit down now, had spinning, feeling anemic…

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

My theory is that the twin-stick shooter catalog taps into everyone’s innate need for a new Smash TV.

+ Rene_Led on November 15th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

Is this game diffrent than the other PSN game, Zombie apocalypse, or something like that?

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Radically different. For starters, it’s not arena-based.

+ BloodMeat666 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

man i gotta get this. gunna be sick. better than that DAMN BLACK OPS THAT EVERYONES PLAYING! ahahahaha im stuck to MW2 not Ops haha but i love em zombie games so i can, as my friend’s dad says when hes drunk, “KILL! CRUSH! DESTROY!”

+ Enforcer_X on November 15th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

DAY 1!
Can’t wait!

+ juggulator on November 15th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

That’s my Birthday!!!I will get spoiled :)

+ eyesofreality03 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

@15 i can agree with ya on that, will plus get this a lil early? or even a discount? either way i’m gettin this day one for sure. its been a long wait, missed the beta, drooling over the screens and vids like a a zombie is makin me want to kill my fellow brain munchers! the the mayhem begin!!!

+ Berae on November 15th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

OMG! Finally! a release date! Thanks!

Off topic, will we get some news about portal 2 soon?

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

Hmmm we’ll check in with Valve on that.

+ BloodiedWraith on November 15th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Day one purchase for me as well. Just the Housemarque name and zombies made me want it, but then after playing the beta I knew it was a day one purchase. And a bonus of a Platinum Trophy? You guys made my day.

+ gor1llap1mp on November 15th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

Is this game an EXCLUSIVE?

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

It is only on PSN.

+ Craazy on November 15th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

“Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero”

Totally the wind beneath my wings

+ Dragun619 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

Finally! But the $15 price tag was like FUUUUU. But then I see the Platinum trophy. And I was like Oh, ok, Day one purchase. :D
But Man, GT5 and Dead Nation both releasing in November. Now I have to save money for Black Friday deals and GT5 & Dead Nation.

+ DZORMAGEN on November 15th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

Time to buy a PSN card! :)

+ Anddo on November 15th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

OMG YES!!! Finally a release date :) This and GT5, you guys made my November. I’m this will be worth every penny of the $14.99 price tag. I can’t wait.

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

(^_^) Be sure to try the harder difficulty levels too! Beating the game on Normal is only the beginning…

+ Berae on November 15th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

@Sid

Cool, thanks!

+ EC_squirrel on November 15th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

so when it comes to shooting weapons. are there just only the shotgun and assault rifle?

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

Default Rifle, shotgun, SMG, flamethrower, blade cannon, and several more I won’t share here. :-) Also there are quite a few deployable items: Molotovs, grenades, Flares, Mines, and all can be upgraded in multiple ways.

+ phyrgian on November 15th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

@Sid. Please tell me this will be in 3D!!! Superstardust is quite simply the best example of 3D gaming out there at the moment, and trust me, I have every 3D game that is avalible (nine I think upto now) on PS3!!

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

No word on any 3D support.

+ Seiven on November 15th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

Awesome, finally we get a release date. And it’s on my birthday :-)

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Happy Birfday! (^_^)

+ jazzyrider on November 15th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

I’ve never heard of this. Sounds fun & interesting, but is there a demo for us to try?

+ TrueStoryGuy on November 15th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

I distinctly remember someone posting that Dead Nation was only going to be $9.99. Why the price hike?

+ bbonds_007 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

Does this game still have a kill count for each country? I always thought that was an awesome addition!

Also is there any survival mode or any other co-op modes that do not tie in with the standard campaign?

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

Yes it does. :-) The standard campaign is pretty much one giant survival mode — your choices are campaign and co-op campaign, or you can choose to play a single level.

+ Phoenix8387 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

One word: Awesome!

Played the Beta and totally loved the game, hugely looking forward to it!

+ bbonds_007 on November 15th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

@44

I think it was originally planned to be slit screen only, meaning no online co-op. I assume that is part of the $15 price.

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

There’s no split-screen in Dead Nation — the co-op all happens on one screen, whether you’re in couch co-op or online co-op.

+ LUGIEZ on November 15th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

Ooh so this isn’t dead rising 2? oops

+ proskatercam on November 15th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

Awesome! Will definately go for this tomorrow! Need to get a PSN card.

+ Sid Shuman on November 15th, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

November 30th, so it’s still a couple of weeks off. :-)

+ dehumanizer_666 on November 15th, 2010 at 10:01 am said: