PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Introducing the Atlus Super-Mega-Ultra 50% Off PSN Sale

Aram Jabbari's Avatar + Posted by Aram Jabbari on Nov 15, 2010 // Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

“What if we can spoil our fans for the holidays by cutting something in half?”

This question, self-posed, is what put everything in motion. From there, it was basically a lot of late nights, major damage to office furniture, a couple of trips to the emergency room, and a few really beautifully sliced watermelons. Finally, we realized it had been under our noses the whole time: why not cut our games in half? Sadly, after destroying the last couple Demon’s Souls Collector’s Editions in the office, we realized the BEST option was to cut PRICES in half, hence this sale, which we’re calling, in full caps for maximum attention-grabbage, the SUPER-MEGA-ULTRA 50% off PlayStation Network sale*.

Atlus PSN Sale

The sale starts tomorrow, Tuesday, November 16th and ends on November 29th. Supplies aren’t limited, because hey, it’s digital, and the sale applies to the North American PlayStation Store. You will be able to use your PS3 or PSP to view the full list of discounted titles, or you can peep the list below:

List of discounted titles:

TITLE SYSTEM SALE PRICE ORIGINAL PRICE
Class of Heroes PSP $19.99 $39.99
Crimson Gem Saga PSP $14.99 $29.99
Droplitz PS3 $4.99 $9.99
Hammerin’ Hero PSP $9.99 $19.99
Hexyz Force PSP $14.99 $29.99
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble PSP $19.99 $39.99
Riviera: The Promised Land PSP $7.49 $14.99
R-Type Command PSP $7.49 $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona PSP $19.99 $39.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable PSP $19.99 $39.99
Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournamet PSP $7.49 $14.99

*Things were harmed in the making of this sale. Sale applicable to North American PlayStation Store only.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Marsz85 on November 15th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

Whoa! Will check a couple titles out.

+ ddb216 on November 15th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

50% off is not worthy of Super-Mega-AND-Ultra.

Unless you have a later sale that’s 75% off, now that’d be Super-Mega-Ultra-AND-OMGeeziumly Good

+ Clayton Chan on November 15th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

I Super-Mega-Ultra respectfully disagree with you. :)

+ reson8er on November 15th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

Aram, welcome back! You guys have an uncanny way of making me part with my money, and like it!

Thanks very much for the sale, Kenka Bancho, and Riviera shall be mine :)

+ sephiroth2006 on November 15th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

WAO, too many games in this month. What I can doooooo.

+ LightAce on November 15th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

Dammit, why aren’t more of those for PS3

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

LightAce,

Because Droplitz represents, at present, the entirety of our available digital PS3 library. Please don’t sound so disappointed; it’s a fantastic, fast-paced puzzler!

+ awsome_robot on November 15th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

How about a Demon’s Soul trial and game for ps+? C’mon! You know you want to.

+ T-Patch on November 15th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

“…destroying the last couple Demon’s Souls Collector’s Editions…”

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!! ;_;

Anyway… Not bad for the prices, but I’m flat broke after getting P3P on UMD (Amazon still had the hat), so I’ll have to hold off for now…

BTW, Is Hammerin’ Hero any good?

+ Clayton Chan on November 15th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

It’s definitely $9.99 good. It’s a pretty fun platformer.

+ krae_man on November 15th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

Finally P3P is priced properly. $40 for a downloadable portable game is nuts. Now you get my money.

Thanks Aram

+ sbf717 on November 15th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

Can’t wait to fill my PSPgo with Atlust tomorrow. :D

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

sbf717,

I don’t think we have to look any further for the “most intentionally suggestive” comment today.

+ Kirkpad on November 15th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

LORDY LORDY. Guess who’s not buying the new God of War for PSP anymore?

+ electronicpart on November 15th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

nothing for ps3?

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

electronicpart,

See response to poster #5, please!

+ depward on November 15th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

P3P for $20 is a STEAL. Crimson Gem Saga is a very likely @ $15.

+ Clayton Chan on November 15th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

You need Crimson Gem Saga @ $15. It is a value of heretofore unseen proportions.

+ Maurisio on November 15th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

Wow I’m getting hit over n over again this month. First god of war then that nightmare game from u guys plus assassins creed tomorrow and gt5 in a week. This month has been horrible to my wallet let me just tell my boss to just send my check to Sony. LOL

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

We could set up a direct deposit into our bank account, if that’s easier for you…

:D

Thank you for all your support! You’ve got a little time with this sale once it gets started, so please don’t put yourself in any sort of a precarious situation just because of us. Maybe you’ll have some extra pocket change towards the end of the sale.

+ KongWen on November 15th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

Oh yes. Oh my, Atlus.

+ Andrefpvs on November 15th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable PSP $19.99

You’re a dummy if you don’t grab it at this price. Seriously one of the best portable experiences on the PSP.

I imported it at full price and it was worth every single cent. Atlus USA, what can you do to make the publishing of your games in Europe faster? :(

+ typikal82 on November 15th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

*insert Gus Johnson WOW!!*

+ Clayton Chan on November 15th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

Rise and FIRE…off some money to buy these games.

Sorry, Gus doesn’t really have any good “buy this stuff” catchphrases.

+ Chuckbait on November 15th, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

One ps3 game? Which sorry to say probably sucks.

Demon Souls is awesome, and 3d dot is a solid title….but Droplitz?

Does said droplitz game have custom soundtracks? (don’t expect a response.)

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Chuckbait,

Droplitz does not have custom soundtrack support. It IS, however, a highly addicting puzzler. Think Pipe Dreams (you might not be old enough for that one) meets something more akin to Tetris or Bejeweled.

It is currently the only digital PS3 title in our library, one we’re quite proud of, I should add.

+ mancub194 on November 15th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

I’m gonna grab Persona Portable 1 …I have P3P which was $40 well spent!

+ poweredbyzen on November 15th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

wow, christmas is early!

+ mixedkidbx on November 15th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

sad that there isnt more than 1 PS3 title on sale. guess nothing for me to buy :(

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 15th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

That is all that will be on sale? Lame… :/

+ Zezzler on November 15th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

As much as i love psp, i think that we all agree that you guys at Atlus need to make some original PS3 titles for retail and Digital Download.

I for one am going to be picking up a copy of P3P though. I missed out at launch, but now is a better time than ever, amirite?

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

$19.99 really does seem like a great price for what GameRankings.com indicates is…

*echo*

THE BEST-RATED PSP GAME OF ALL TIME.

Yeah, we said it.

+ jh6269 on November 15th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

Thanks Aram!

Just got my first PSP and currently playing through P3P and absolutely loving it!

I am definitely going to seriously consider one of these titles.

I never really owned any ATLUS games prior to Demon’s Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes, but I’m definitely one of your newest fans. Thanks for making and publishing such great games!

Thanks for making such great games!

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

jh6269,

Thank you for the support; glad to hear you’re enjoying P3P! If you decide to take a look at the original SMT: Persona, I would just suggest you check out a couple videos online and read a few reviews. It’s an incredibly important entry in the Persona sub-series (see also: the first), but it is also very different from the P3P you’re digging at the moment.

It’s darker, grittier, and plays very differently, which is why I suggest you just check it out in a bit more depth. Some folks assumed it played identically to P3P and shared that they were taken a bit off guard when it wasn’t similar, so I want to make sure you don’t have a like experience. :)

+ jh6269 on November 15th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

Doh, copy/paste fail.

+ Superstrokey1123 on November 15th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

Too bad not more ps3 games but still mega awesome none the less

+ Andrefpvs on November 15th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

(Continuing from comment #15)

Or better yet, I’d like to start Atlus Europe! Where do I sign?

+ Blkant on November 15th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

Think you guys can get that Demon’s Souls dynamic theme from the Jap store over in the US store? Or is that in the hands of From Software?

Either way, nice sale, Persona 3 Portable, how could you go wrong? :P

+ TwinDad on November 15th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

Now that you are on the Blog and Persona 1 and 3 portable are on sale. Can you comment on Persona 2 portable and if Atlus USA is picking up the title for localization?

+ Zarxce on November 15th, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

On one hand, this is one hell of a sale that just seems too good to resist. On the other hand, I prefer UMDs because they look cool all lined up on my shelf…so I am conflicted.

I will most likely buy Riviera as I got the GBA version and loved it. Fortunately it has multiple endings/story paths and the nice big PSP screen is a definite plus. Hexyz Force is also VERY tempting…but…I think I want that UMD in my collection…

Also, I know you hate unrelated questions about other games…so I won’t take it personally if you can’t answer this. But not too long ago there was a Japanese trailer for a PSP Persona 2 remake on GT….any chance we’ll see you back on the blog any time soon to announce a North American release?

+ jh6269 on November 15th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

RE: #23 (cont.)

Thanks Aram, I may just get Persona 1. I was curious about Persona 1 when I was deciding which one to buy, but I liked the art style of P3P (and the free baseball cap ;) ). I did intend to go back and play P1 (and hope to play all of them if they ever come to PSP and/or PS3–never had a chance to play the PS2 versions b/c I never had a PS2). So this is definitely a good excuse to pick up the first Persona.

Thanks again :)

+ x9248 on November 15th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

Don’t own a PSP and prolly never will. Shame Atlus hasn’t done more for PS3 (I already have Droplitz :P). Ah well, great sale tho for those who can take advantage of it :)

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 3:02 pm said:

x9248,

We’d like to think the release of Demon’s Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes over the last 13 or so months represent a nice bit of PS3-loving.

With Trine 2 and Rock of Ages set for release for PS3 digitally via PSN in 2011, not to mention the recently announced The Cursed Crusade and its fourth crusade actioning and adventuring, it’s not as though our love affair with the system that does everything is ending anytime soon.

+ XxTehAznxX on November 15th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

Sorry, but I’m really behind on my PS3/PSP knowhow. Can I play the PSP titles by keeping the PSP connected to the PS3, or does it have to be transferred onto my memory stick? Also, my PSP is probably very behind in firmware; will this include a firmware update?

Thanks for dealing with a noob. =)

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

XxTehAznxX,

I don’t actually have the answer to your first question, although I imagine someone else here knows and might be kind enough to share.

As for the firmware update, the most recent game in the pack is Persona 3 Portable, which came out about 5 or so months ago. If you’re planning on getting it and you haven’t updated your firmware for a longer period of time than that, I would expect to have to update. It’s hard to say otherwise, as it really would depend on how long it’s been since you updated and what games you’ve got your eyes on.

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on November 15th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

More Atlus is always a good thing

Persona series oh yeah!!!!!!!

this is when digital content gets useful

+ Frazz on November 15th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

Which Persona would you suggest if I should pick just one? Thanks for the great sales guys I hope this pays off for you so other publishers can take note and do things similar.

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

Frazz,

Persona 3 Portable is currently the best-rated PSP game of all time on GameRankings.com, and tied for best all time on Metacritic.com.

Persona 1 is a fantastic game in its own right, but it is also a decidedly more hardcore, old school experience. If you’re into first-person dungeon crawls and more challenging RPGs, you may actually prefer the grittier, darker Persona.

If you’re a little more laid back about your RPGs, I think it would be a safe bet that Persona 3 Portable is more up your alley.

+ DiscoJer on November 15th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

While this is a great sale on many titles, some prices seem a little high to start with.

I got Persona 1 on UMD a year ago for $11. And I’ve been wanting Class of Heroes for a while, but $39.99 for a simple dungeon crawler is too much when you have higher quality (and production value) games like CGS and Hexyz Force for $29.99 . $19.99 should be the normal price for CoH.

+ iTofuMan on November 15th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

Support for the psp? i must be dreaming!

Anyway i will definitely be getting both persona games (hopefully if not then just one)

+ tj5678 on November 15th, 2010 at 2:40 pm said:

This is great news and exactly what the psn store needed. Owning a pspgo its very upsetting when the digital downloads don’t match the price of their umd counterparts. This is a great sale and I’ll probably spend about $100 this week. Thanks for creating great games Atlus.

+ jimmyfoxhound on November 15th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

AAATTTTLLLUUUSSSS!!!! thank you Atlus! def gonna picks some of these games up! Great to see you on the blog again Aram!

+ megamixer on November 15th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

I’ve had my eye on Crimson Gem Saga for a while but never bit the bullet. $15 is a great price so I’ll have to pick it up despite having a 20 game and growing backlog :( I’ve completed 58 games this year and yet I feel I must game harder! :) Could you share an approximate game length for CGS so I’ll know what I’m getting myself into?

+ Clayton Chan on November 15th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

CGS is about 20-25 hours long. If you’re trying to speed-run you might be able to crank through it faster. Also, congrats on completing 58 games this year! Nice work! I’ve only gotten through 20 or so.

+ Chuckbait on November 15th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

Thank you for actually responding to my comment even though the game does not have the feature that I asked about. Usually, if the answer is no, then I do not get a response.

As for maybe I’m not old enough to remember, never shall that statement apply to me, as I am 27, and have been gaming since NES came out. :)

By the way, I love the types of games that you have been providing PS3 owners with, especially Demon Souls.

I too would like the opportunity to buy said dynamic theme. Thanks again, and good luck with your sale.

+ Vu_Prime on November 15th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

Atlus is awesome per usual. Other game companies really should follow suit. Downloadable games rarely go on sale like their retail counterparts. This actually gives the pspGo a little love. You get my money again Atlus :D

+ Clayton Chan on November 15th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

This is a win for both parties involved. If only someone had coined a phrase that would sum up this scenario…

+ k1ngsnak3 on November 15th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

Reaching for my wallet right now to pick up a bunch of games I was waffling on. AWESOME deals!

+ sticklife on November 15th, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

Dang it atlus, why do you have to make me love you more and more each time you say or do something!? You are leaving no love for my family.

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

We love you long time.

+ Ska-Boom on November 15th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

Hammerin’ Hero for 9.99? I’ll take it!

+ blackeneddeath on November 15th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

must.. buy.. them… all…

+ Axecution on November 15th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

“after destroying the last couple Demon’s Souls Collector’s Editions in the office…”

D: Why the…

+ xX_H3AVYGAM3R_Xx on November 15th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

Will you guys be doing this for some PSN games? It looks awesome, but I don’t have a PSP. I like PS3, Ohh Well :)

+ mixedkidbx on November 15th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

Can you guys add Trine to the sale list? I would buy that game if it was added to the list for PS3

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

mixedkidbx,

Atlus is actually only involved with Trine 2; the original Trine is not ours to comment on.

Sorry about that!

+ DirjelJunshin on November 15th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

“Sadly, after destroying the last couple Demon’s Souls Collector’s Editions…”

*drops to knees*
NOOOOOOOOO!

+ mixedkidbx on November 15th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

@Aram Jabbari

Oh my mistake. Thanks for replying. Sucks there’s nothing you guys can do about it.

Well i still got about 9 trophies left on Demons Souls to get. DS was a day one purchase for me. Loved this game and hope to see a DS2 in the future. :)

PAGE 1 2 3