Minecraft PS4

Introducing the Atlus Super-Mega-Ultra 50% Off PSN Sale

Aram Jabbari's Avatar + Posted by Aram Jabbari on Nov 15, 2010 // Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

“What if we can spoil our fans for the holidays by cutting something in half?”

This question, self-posed, is what put everything in motion. From there, it was basically a lot of late nights, major damage to office furniture, a couple of trips to the emergency room, and a few really beautifully sliced watermelons. Finally, we realized it had been under our noses the whole time: why not cut our games in half? Sadly, after destroying the last couple Demon’s Souls Collector’s Editions in the office, we realized the BEST option was to cut PRICES in half, hence this sale, which we’re calling, in full caps for maximum attention-grabbage, the SUPER-MEGA-ULTRA 50% off PlayStation Network sale*.

Atlus PSN Sale

The sale starts tomorrow, Tuesday, November 16th and ends on November 29th. Supplies aren’t limited, because hey, it’s digital, and the sale applies to the North American PlayStation Store. You will be able to use your PS3 or PSP to view the full list of discounted titles, or you can peep the list below:

List of discounted titles:

TITLE SYSTEM SALE PRICE ORIGINAL PRICE
Class of Heroes PSP $19.99 $39.99
Crimson Gem Saga PSP $14.99 $29.99
Droplitz PS3 $4.99 $9.99
Hammerin’ Hero PSP $9.99 $19.99
Hexyz Force PSP $14.99 $29.99
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble PSP $19.99 $39.99
Riviera: The Promised Land PSP $7.49 $14.99
R-Type Command PSP $7.49 $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona PSP $19.99 $39.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable PSP $19.99 $39.99
Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournamet PSP $7.49 $14.99

*Things were harmed in the making of this sale. Sale applicable to North American PlayStation Store only.

+ madhi19 on November 15th, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

Bring Demon’s Souls to the PSN and give us two more year of server use and I buy it again just to get faster loading!

+ Surfaced on November 15th, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

Yeeaaaah I’m lovin, this is my time to pick up P3P!

Oh and we’re counting on you guys for our Catherine localization! Woohoo

And dang, Aram Jabbari, man that is one cool name, it’s fun to say!. I loved that Demon’s Souls unboxing vid too!

+ ShadowOfEden on November 15th, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

Damn you, Atlus, I just bought a PSP for Ghost Of Sparta, but bought Peace Walker with it. The problem? I also bought Patapon 2 and I have barely tried both GOW and MGS and I’m a great fan of those series, now I see this list and a lot of them were on my ‘to pick’ list so I’ll have to buy them, making my play time total chaos!

+ x9248 on November 15th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

@Aram

Thanks for the reply, but I should have been more specific and said PSN only :P Demon Souls is definitely on my to-do list, just need some available time to devote to such a RPG. I tend to favor smaller, shorter games due to my schedule so most PSN games are perfect for me.

Didn’t know about Trine 2, excited for that now!

+ DaveTheSnake on November 15th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

Why is no Super-Mega-Ultra sale on Droplitz for PSP? I’m kinda disappointed.

+ Grinchy on November 15th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

Oh no…why does P3P have to be on sale?? I don’t have any money left! Stop making me choose to eat kraft mac n cheese to support my gaming habits!! :D

+ cortiz2092000 on November 15th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

Finally yes and yes Now im happy with what sony has decided lol love it :) im gonna buy persona 3 :)

+ Onvertic on November 15th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

Thanks for the great sale Atlus!

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

Aw, shucks.

+ Xoombie503 on November 15th, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

the reason behind this is because sony is about to unveil psp2 and they want to make their last sales

+ zetsuie on November 15th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

Ok, you win Atlus. I’ma buy P3P tomorrow so I can give my friend my physical copy, and make sure they’ll be first in line for P2P and Catherine.

+ donovanad on November 15th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Oh, how I hate being a UMD person…

+ Kazriko on November 15th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

So many good games there… It looks like I’m going to be at least $70 poorer as of Wednesday. Possibly $90.

Class of Heroes and Persona 1 definitely. These have both been at $20 at the stores for awhile, but I’ve been holding out for a good price on the downloadable copy. Persona 3 portable at $20 is beyond an amazing price. I would have bought Hexyz at $20-25.

Droplitz I own on PC, but I’ll grab it on PS3 now. $10 may be low enough to make me try Hammerin’ Hero.

+ clupula668 on November 15th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

While I’ve been very happy with Demon’s Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes (and I am really hoping for a Catherine localization announcement soon), I can’t help but be disappointed that something like, say, the Persona PSP remake isn’t playable on PS3. At the very least, you guys have some great PS1 games that would be very welcome PS1 classics.

+ Ramage on November 15th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

RTPL SHALL AT LONG LAST BE MIIIIINNEEEEEE. Also, I’ll probably be picking up those Persona titles for that price. I never played until P4 and I really enjoyed it. Also, you just got me to buy KITN the other day and all this tomorrow!?!? Give my wallet a break! Also, now I’ll definitely have to invest in a new mem stick(still stuck with a 2GB one)

I love you

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

Ramage,

The amorous feeling is mutual.

By the way, if you really enjoyed Persona 4, the safest recommendation I can make is Persona 3 Portable. You’ll feel right at home with it!

+ emiru69 on November 15th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

I got P3P but it’s really bad timming for me, Is there any chance to extend the offer further than 29th Nov? I think it will better at the beggining of a month not at the end.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

emiru69,

I’m sorry, the date of the sale is fixed. It IS two weeks though, which is hopefully enough time for most folks.

+ strikepantsu on November 15th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

Great price for great games. I own every one of these titles on UMD and have even bought a digital copy of some of these games for my PSP Go. Hammerin’ Hero, Persona, Persona 3, and Class of Heroes are definitely my favorite out of the lot.

+ PullusPardusUS on November 15th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

Why would you destroy Demon’s Souls!? are you suddenly a religious extremist?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on November 15th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

PullusPardusUS,

Have you ever tasted demons’ souls? Delicious. With a bit of salt on them? BAM, heaven.

Highly recommended.

+ BigAnt18 on November 15th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Thanks a lot for taking my lunch money jerks! Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable and R-Type are a must for my Go and I hate you for discounting them but I love you at the same time. I also made the mistake of looking into Crimson Gem Saga and I am not pleased at how great that looks, why dudes? So many good games out and coming, geez…..

+ Destiny89 on November 15th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

woho! Atlus! thank you so much

+ Rhez on November 15th, 2010 at 5:35 pm said:

Rhez Darkhoof here on behalf of the “Society for the Protection of Things” I find it appalling that innocent things were harmed in the making of this sale. It’s a sad fact that every day millions of things are callously injured and destroyed in this country alone.

We are working hard to raise awareness of the tragic plight of things before it is too late. In the upcoming weeks we will have a petition available for placing things on the endangered species list. We hope that gamers will unite in this worthy cause.

+ stufreddy on November 15th, 2010 at 5:48 pm said:

Quite honestly Persona’s sale price is what the permanent price should be set to considering it’s a remake of a PS1 game that has been out for over a year. $40 is steep for the game when most fans would be content with the original game with no enhancements for the standard PS1 classic price (9.99 I suppose).

Either way this is a great sale and I might pick up Persona 3 and Hexys Force sometime during the sale. Thanks Atlus, you’re one of my favorite publishers in this modern age of gaming.

+ Hooligantuan on November 15th, 2010 at 6:00 pm said:

Arrrghhh … only one PS3 thingy!

Ah well – it’s good to see all that Atlus love, and the good lawd knows the PSP could use some love. :D

+ MegamiTensei13 on November 15th, 2010 at 6:55 pm said:

Demon’s Souls Dynamic Theme Please :)

+ OleGunnar on November 15th, 2010 at 8:02 pm said:

Yes. Please figure out how to get the Demon’s Souls Dynamic Theme on the US Store. :)

…so the world might be mended.

+ hush404 on November 15th, 2010 at 8:09 pm said:

At first I was going “Meh, meh, meh, meh, meh” and then I got to Persona… hmmm.

+ cool_trainer on November 15th, 2010 at 8:34 pm said:

Thank you! I’ve been waiting to get Bancho, and now looks like a great time :D

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Clayton Chan on November 16th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Banchoooooooooooooo!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on November 15th, 2010 at 10:04 pm said:

Put Demon’s Souls on PSN and I’ll buy it……again.

+ Ladykiller64 on November 15th, 2010 at 10:17 pm said:

Awesome!

+ Sleeq on November 15th, 2010 at 10:35 pm said:

Atlus is my favorite developer and publisher of all time. ALL TIME.

I’ve purchased almost all your games. I think you can match all those big corporations, just need to create/publish more high profile games. Demon’s Souls is the first step… best of luck to you.

Speaking of Demon’s Souls, where is the dynamic theme and the avatars?!?!

+ Mies2000 on November 15th, 2010 at 10:42 pm said:

Hey, Aram!

Where can I buy a copy of that awesome P3P soundtrack?

+ squirtle-squad on November 15th, 2010 at 11:08 pm said:

I love you guys! I will definitely be picking up persona 3 and Riviera!

+ cortiz2092000 on November 16th, 2010 at 12:29 am said:

both persona and persona 3 and hexzy i will purchase all three tommorow :) but kenka badass hmm… interesting… persona 3 it is thanks atlus :)

+ TJF588 on November 16th, 2010 at 12:29 am said:

This tempts me… Maybe not enough to buy more than one (read: P3P), but geez. Haven’t played much of Droplitz on Steam yet, but since I don’t have a PS3 anyway, I’ll prolly miss out on it (seriously, Sony, make PS3-end stuff available via MediaGo).

Know what I wish had been a thing since whenever PSP games were made available from the PSN: game codes available with new physical copies. Then I could just jot P1 onto my memory stick*, and never have to worry about a backup copy. My wallet can only give so much of itself for my piece of mind!

*Okay, maybe not, it’s only 2 Gigs, but someday…

+ jgrizzle358 on November 16th, 2010 at 12:34 am said:

does this “Droplitz” as u call it, have trophy support?

+ syko13 on November 16th, 2010 at 3:01 am said:

I am super pissed off about this I JUST bought, Hexyz Force, Crimson Gem Saga, and P3P… DAMN IT!!!

+ SlackerTD on November 16th, 2010 at 5:23 am said:

Droplitz has 12 trophies… 7 Bronze, 4 Silver & 1 Gold.

+ colstripcapn on November 16th, 2010 at 5:32 am said:

Thanks Atlus, I always enjoy your posts and as one of the few publishers who knows there are lots of people (like me) who would kill for turn-based RPGs you get my money … again.

I hope you like swimming in my cash… and just as a hint … bring over more turn-based RPGs and you’ll get even more ;)

+ backhawk124 on November 16th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

if only Atlus had a Europe branch……..Persona 1&3 are must, the others are just excellent :P

btw Please bring Innocent Sin sometime

+ SuperTiso on November 16th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

I mean this is good and all but a lot of these titles are already on UMD at a reduced price to begin with. I’m still shocked Kenka Bancho was still $40 or that Persona is still $39.99 when it’s been $19.99 in retail for months.

+ lilyphoenix on November 16th, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

I think I will get P3P, just as soon as I figure out how to fit it and KiTN and Ygaddra Union on my PSP :) A lot is taken up by Kingdom Hearts too….What to do?

+ Dominican-Glory on November 16th, 2010 at 8:20 am said:

Atlus is my favorite publisher! <3 Demon's Souls and Persona.

Listen Aram, wouldn't it be amazing if you released Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga Volumes one and Vol. two on one disc for the Ps3!? Throw in Nocturne too and you have an amazing collection people would undoubtedly flock to, The Ps3 base is JRPG hungry at the moment, we want these games and as you know Atlus is much more popular now than it was when those games released on the Ps2. Win-Win situation and it'd be Super-Mega-Ultra awesome if it came to be. ^_____________^ Do it!!

+ Chuckbait on November 16th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

Oooo you guys are handling Trine 2 eh?

Please can you make it so the game supports the Playstation Move. I suggested patching Trine One with Move on the blog share, but see now that that will not happen, so maybe you folks could add it with a patch? Even if you want to charge for the patch ( $5<) that would be fine. Thanks

+ Chuckbait on November 16th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

…Add “it” with a patch, meaning Trine 2.

+ DaMann22 on November 16th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

P3P here I come. Thanks atlus, you guys have been and forever will be my favorite publisher/developer in all of gaming. I picked up Knights in the Nightmare just last week for the bundle you guys offered and now this! I will probably get P3P and another game until my money is spent.

+ WildHamster on November 16th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

Awesome! I was just thinking of going out and buying Persa 3 Portable. Now I’ll be able to get that AND Hexyz Force, which I’ve had my eye on for quite awhile. Thank you, Atlas. : )

+ subbed on November 16th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

I may actually get Persona. I have heard so much about the series but just never got around to it.

Is Atlus going to bring trama team to playstation now with the move?

+ EmptyRoxas on November 16th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

SO it’s the 16th..and I am on the PSN..and Persona 1 is still $40..whats up with that..?

+ Enigma777 on November 16th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

I’m only interested in Persona 1, but I won’t pay more than $10 for it (and it’s quite ridiculous that it’s still full-price after being out for so long)…

+ nirojan45 on November 16th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

OMFG!!!!!!! i just bought Riveria Monday night (yes i mean yesterday night) for $14.99.

I bought the UMD version of Knights in the Knightmare and really appreciated them putting Yggdra Union in there, so i thought I’d be nice and get the entire trilogy cause im an ATLUS fanboy (My Demon Souls’ Collector Edition is smiling @ you) Already got both Personas for PSP. C’mon guys can i get some love in the way of reimbursement?

PS. Seeing how Atlus Japan announced Persona 2 getting the PSP remake treatement, can we get a confirmation of a US realease?

+ Ludwigie on November 16th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

can anyone tell me why aren’t there any price cut yet?? thanks…