Bloodborne

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Hits PS3 Today, Play With the Devs this Weekend

Matthew Pruitt's Avatar + Posted by Matthew Pruitt on Nov 16, 2010 // Community Manager, EA

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit races onto the PlayStation 3 today asking the vital question: are you a racer or are you a cop? That’s the choice you’ll make when you get behind the wheel and start tearing up the streets of Seacrest County.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit PlayStation 3 players will experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer solo or connected. The blistering speeds, brutal busts and heart-stopping getaways are all connected via Need for Speed Autolog.

This network not only connects friends for epic head-to head pursuits and races, but also enables players to compare performances and stats, thereby setting the stage for the ultimate in friendly competition. I can tell you from playing here in the office that Autolog will bring out the competition in you – even if you’re not a competitive person. Every day we’re amazed at the new times people set on each of the events. You think it can’t be beaten…until it is. Finding the right combination of shortcuts, nitrous useage, and bust strategies is the key to achieving the best time.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit also provides you with exciting online game modes: Hot Pursuit is the exciting hunter vs. hunted mode where players can play as cops or racers. Interceptor mode is the ultimate head to head battle as one racer faces off against one cop. Finally, you have the traditional race mode. Pick your racetrack and car and win the race!

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

In addition to your racing and chasing skills, you’ll have access to weapons to help you including: spike strips, jammers, EMPs, helicopters, road blocks and more.

With its vast open-world, Seacrest County is the perfect place to get your fix for high-speed racing (or chasing) action. There are several diverse locales throughout coast, desert, forest, and mountain with unique features to provide each side of the law with certain benefits and challenges. One strong suggestion we would make is to drive around the county a few times on your own before taking part in any pursuits. Get familiar with the beautiful scenery and its many hidden shortcuts.

Please join us for a Game with Developer session on Saturday, November 20th from 11AM – 1PM PST. Put your driving skills to the test against the Criterion developers and see how you match up! Visit the Hot Pursuit website for more details.

Make sure you follow us on Twitter, fan us on Facebook, and visit us at the official website for up-to-the-date Need for Speed Hot Pursuit news and information.

PAGE 1 2

+ Mosh_Pit on November 16th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

GT5 > Need for speed.

+ SDMF_Tony on November 16th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

played the demo and NEEED FOR SPEED IS BACK BABY

+ seph1r0th00 on November 16th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Been waiting for this! Can’t wait to get it later today!! Criterion FTW!

Matthew Pruitt's Avatar

+ Matthew Pruitt on November 17th, 2010 at 1:34 am said:

Nice! Make sure you join us for the Game with Dev and showcase your racing (or chasing) skills!

+ brad74111 on November 16th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Two great racing games at the same time what am I going to do!

+ Techno769 on November 16th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

To anyone at Sony, when will the PlayStation Store be updated today? I’m waiting on some cool content – Episode 3 of the Tester Season 2, and a Premium Theme for Rockstar’s Undead Nightmare.

+ tibi888 on November 16th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

To anyone at Sony, when will the PlayStation Store be updated today? I’m waiting on some cool content – NFS:HOT PURSUIT.

+ I3rand0 on November 16th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

Why would you wait to the week before Black Friday to release this? This game is literally on sale everywhere next week. Buyer beware at full price MSRP for this and Assassins Creed Brotherhood

+ JaysNick30 on November 16th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

I guess I could buy this, but I won’t be able to afford GT5 next week. Your choice, Sony.

+ Shadowsquirrel on November 16th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

Imo, its ganna follow the same notes as shift.

Overall enjoyable intill a glitch catchs you and then in 5 months your game file will be toast.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 16th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

Burnout Paradise > Need for Speed, but this game looks great!

+ Draicus on November 16th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

Laughed out loud at “[link to post i wrote some time ago]”. Someone dropped the ball. :P

+ mastorofpuppetz on November 16th, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

Gran turismo is out in 10 days, why would ou buy this? Where is todays store update? I want the protection plan for canada.

+ tibi888 on November 16th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

Where is todays store update?

+ PaperCarrier on November 16th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

I was pissed as I went to Wal-Mart at noon to get my copy and they still weren’t unpacked…

+ Dante989 on November 16th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

Got the game… game is fantastic… Brings back old memories of the previous Hot Pursuit.

Matthew Pruitt's Avatar

+ Matthew Pruitt on November 17th, 2010 at 1:35 am said:

We were definitely trying to include the some of the original flavor with this game. Glad it shows!

+ subbed on November 16th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

I trust Criterion as I loved Burnout and the demo was pretty good so I will be picking this up at some point. It is unfortunate on the timing in regards to when GT5 is released. That said I personally think this game looks like more fun the GT5.

+ megamixer on November 16th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Put the game up for sale on PSN ala Burnout Paradise and I’d buy it~

+ PaperCarrier on November 16th, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

I want this game so badly and if only Wal-Mart could hurry up and stock the shelf already, it’s the only store that sells games in my town. 2:00 pm Eastern Time and still no game.

+ loadstone007 on November 16th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

Too bad this game is out at the same month as GT5. Bad decision, EA. Now pay for your mistakes (with MONEY).

+ depward on November 16th, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

The “Community Manager” flubs up so bad with a published blog post that has:

“The blistering speeds, brutal busts and heart-stopping getaways are all connected via Need for Speed Autolog [link to post i wrote some time ago].”

I mean, the “blister speeds, brutal busts and heart-stopping getaways” part of the sentence makes me LOL but the end.

[insert end of my comment after I drink some coffee]

+ poweredbyzen on November 16th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

this i will play for sure over that “other” game that was delayed. pffft.

+ sick111one on November 16th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Is this game in 3d? I would really like to know. It may alter my decision.

+ skyplaya on November 16th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

@19

How is it EA’s mistake? GT5 is the one that kept beeing delayed.We only knew it was going to be relase on the 24th about a week ago.

+ FredPunella on November 16th, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

Fail.

LOL! At Need for Speed’s joke graphics. Gimped to run on the Xbox 360’s wimpy and poorly designed graphics hardware and joke last gen DVD storage format.

GT5 preordered and will be arriving in a week.

+ Sycophant on November 16th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

Would be nice if I could actually use my pass to get my content. When is the store supposed to be getting updated?

+ NyPrince on November 16th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

I wont pirate this one. Criterion are good developers they deserve the cash.

+ antihero-Mike on November 16th, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

EA, love ya guys, but im sorry, GT5 is the champ here.

+ Kirkpad on November 16th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

@25 Joke graphics? I’d like to see proof of that.

In other news, anyone who played the original Hot Pursuit is LIKELY getting this. I think this community will be a bit more dated than the Burnout Paradise community.

+ KingDubin on November 16th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

Hey Matthew,

What’s going on with you and SCEA resolving the Online Pass issue? Can you update us on that? Because I won’t play unless I have the cars that came with the Pre-Order (aka the Limited Edition).

Thanks!

Matthew Pruitt's Avatar

+ Matthew Pruitt on November 17th, 2010 at 1:37 am said:

We apologize greatly for the delay. Good news is that Online Pass is now working as intended!

+ Zezzler on November 16th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

Looks awesome! It is on my ‘to get’ list. can’t wait to see what you guys at criterion have cooking this time.

+ Angelshadow_7 on November 16th, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

NFS IS BACK!!! :D!!!

pfff = GT5!! i want to race now! not wait for a half an hour to play a couple of minutes.

I want action!! if i want it to SIMULATE (GT5) ill do it in my car.

Eager to get AT LAST another great NFS, havent’s seen one since NFS MW!! :D

+ F-minus on November 16th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Im getting annoyed with comments getting moderated for the smallest little bit of negativity. So… why should i even attempt to write anything near a intellectual statement, when the only comments to get un-moderated are as bright as the comment @ 1…

“GT5 > Need for speed.”

FINE… I give in, Here is mycomment….

“Awesome NFS”

+ xplosneer on November 16th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

I really have to request you guys at Criterion come up with a way for split screen to work with whatever engine you use.

However, your games are great, and I’m glad Need for Speed is looking so much better.

+ PaperCarrier on November 16th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

My local Wal-Mart still doesn’t have the game on shelves, not because they sold out but because they were too freaking lazy to unpack boxes and stock the darn shelves !!!

+ jimmyfoxhound on November 16th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

Why the hate in this thread?? I just picked up this AWESOME game and I love it! Thank you Criterion!! So glad to have another NFS Hot Pursuit game!

Matthew Pruitt's Avatar

+ Matthew Pruitt on November 17th, 2010 at 1:38 am said:

We’re happy that you’re happy!

+ PaperCarrier on November 16th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

I can’t buy the freaking game no matter how much I want it. Stupid Wal-Mart!!!

+ PullusPardusUS on November 16th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

I love you guys <3

+ slaughter on November 16th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

When is online pass going to work? Arghhh. Maybe when GT5 come out huh…lmao.

+ jimmyfoxhound on November 16th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

hey slaughter I was able to use my online pass code just a minute ago, give it another try.

+ stealthgear on November 16th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

I played Hot Pursuit demo and my copy of Hot Pursuit: 2 side by side and felt that Hot Pursuit 2 on playstation 2 was a better game. There was just more stuff going on and the cop gameplay was better than the burnout style they put in this.

+ slaughter on November 16th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

@ jimmyfoxhound – Thanks 4 the headsup.

+ Dosx001 on November 16th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

what about Assassin Creed Brotherhood
exclusive content on PS3 only
award winning multiplayer experience

+ autoshonda on November 16th, 2010 at 5:45 pm said:

yo gusto wenaa Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Ps3 que bueno autos todos mucho bkn :D

+ SUPERGAMER247 on November 16th, 2010 at 9:03 pm said:

now if only it was a new burnout…… even better! ;)

+ MadMeat001 on November 16th, 2010 at 9:23 pm said:

Need For Speed The UnderGround 3! or Underground on psn!

+ tibi888 on November 17th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

we have a forum about this game go to thespeedwall.com

+ Apollo21 on November 17th, 2010 at 10:18 pm said:

Got the game yesterday, this game is amazing. I love being a cop. Thanks guys. You made a great game. I look forward to what you have to offer later to add to the game. :)

+ knightatnight on November 18th, 2010 at 4:37 am said:

It doesn’t seem to be compatible with Logitech force wheel ..any idea???

+ Luv-LancerEVO on November 19th, 2010 at 12:34 am said:

hey guys…i got a problem with they reedem Code..i can’t play online..always says Unable Please Try Later..when you gonna fix it…=(

PAGE 1 2