PS4-The Order

Coming to PlayStation Plus: Discounts on Dead Nation and PSone Classics

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Nov 17, 2010 // Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus

Hi everyone,

At the end of November, Housemarque, the developers of Super Stardust HD (the first game to ever feature trophies), returns to the PlayStation Network with the widely-anticipated title, Dead Nation. PlayStation Plus subscribers can take it to the zombie apocalypse for 20% off. Also, for our trophy hunters out there, Dead Nation has a platinum trophy, so be sure to pick it up while it’s on sale!

Looking for something to keep your mind off of the zombie apocalypse? PlayStation Plus subscribers will also receive discounts on two huge PlayStation franchises: Tomb Raider and Twisted Metal. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation takes Lara Croft to Egypt in the continuation of her adventures on the PSone. Twisted Metal 2 comes from the mind of David Jaffe and takes gamers deeper into the destruction of Calypso’s Twisted Metal tournament. Along with these classics, we are discounting two new import titles, Blockids and Dezaemon Plus, and offering a free download of Vector TD, a tower defense from the minis collection.

As always, here’s a friendly reminder to pick up the content that will be removed from PlayStation Plus, including free downloads of Breakquest, Dead Nation Dynamic Theme, and a discount on Tomb Raider 2. Also God of War fans, be sure to pick up the PlayStation Plus exclusive skin bundles of God of War I and God of War II before they are removed from the PlayStation Store.

Also, another quick reminder that we published new PlayStation Plus content in yesterday’s PlayStation Store update. Visit the store for free downloads of Shatter, Oddworld’s: Abe Exoddus, and DYNOGEMS – minis.

Finally, our introductory offer is still available. For a limited time, subscribers of a full year of PlayStation Plus will receive three months for free.

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 11/30:

Free Games
Vector TD – minis (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $3.99)

Discounted Games
Dead Nation (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $11.99, regular price $14.99)
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Twisted Metal 2 (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Blockids – PSone Import (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Dezaemon Plus – Psone Import (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)

Free Themes
Smoke and Mist (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
PlayStation 15th Anniversary Dynamic Theme

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on November 30:

Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
BreakQuest – minis
God of War III – Dominus Skin
Dead Nation Dynamic Theme
Shadowy Graves

Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Tomb Raider II (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Crazy Taxi (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.99, regular price $9.99)

Exclusive Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Free Kratos: Phantom of Chaos Skin with the purchase of God of War I
Free Kratos: Forgotten Warrior Skin with the purchase of God of War II

PAGE 1 2

+ tj5678 on November 17th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Grace or Ro,

There have been a few games and content removed from the psn store for both the ps3 and psp (presumably because they were not selling). Why not offer these games for free to plus members or at a substancial sale (and please notify us, that the content is being removed) before removing the game or content from the psn store? I’ve missed a few games myself, that I would have bought, had I know it was going to be removed from the psn store. Thanks for reading.

+ Xoombie503 on November 17th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

nice on the new games discount,also bought alien one for the discount but frankly i aint buying crap other than big release games such as dead nation…ps plus really suck for hardcore gamers and its hurting ps store sales cuz i haven’t bought a thing since they started releasing old crap for free that none wants..my 2 cents

+ theMADster on November 17th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

@Maurisio
That’s awesome if that’s true. Hope my friends across the pond get to join in the fun that is KZ3 beta!

@tj5678
What game(s) are you talking about specifically? You’ve got me curious as to what I don’t even know I lost access to! Thanks in advance if you get a change to answer me!

+ FawkePhenix on November 17th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Great up date for PLUS users next week and also yesterday ….
I have 2 question?

1) Will Siren: Blood Curse ever get a price drop. It been $40.00 on PSN since PS3 was launch.

2)Will the first BIOSHOCK DLC see any price drop too. Since BIOSHOCK 2 is out and some of the DLC for BIOSHOCK 2 are cheaper then the first BISHOCK DLC. Why is it still at $10.00?

I would love to download these 2 but for those prices, for such a old game & content.

+ NeoHumpty on November 17th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

I’d like to see all ps1 games offered for 50% off to Plus members, really. I don’t even play them anymore, and I know that Sony has made their money on them by now. I already own most everything offered game-wise this next update, but it’s a pretty good one for those that don’t. Thanks, and I look forward to Plus becoming more.

+ J_KILL_SEAL on November 17th, 2010 at 5:36 pm said:

WHAT ABOUT CROSSGAME CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????WERE IS CROSSGAME CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 17th, 2010 at 5:42 pm said:

Glad to see more updates for Playstation Plus!

+ Link01 on November 17th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

I asked for this when you announced the Dead Nation theme.. I love you guys for listening!

+ DazeOfWar on November 17th, 2010 at 6:16 pm said:

Awesome now even another reason to pick up Dead Nation day one. The rest is cool but I’m no longer buying anything else, except Dead Nation, until I beat the PSN and PSone games I have.

I’m getting tired of already having the PSN games that PS+ gives away every month. Been a member since day one and every PSN game that has been for free I already own. So I will now be saving my money and just downloading what they give me.

+ SpyDudeFX on November 17th, 2010 at 6:17 pm said:

When can we expect the Burn Zombie Burn PS Home item from the 10/6 blog?

+ typikal82 on November 17th, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

I’m kind of disappointed in Crazy Taxi, I miss the Offspring and Bad Religion. Sigh.

Who’s with me on this one?

+ trev456 on November 17th, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

DEAD NATION!

+ Butters360 on November 17th, 2010 at 6:46 pm said:

You know, wishful thinking and all, but I would love if somehow Housemarque and Sony teamed up to make Dead Nation a PSN exclusive TV show. But that probably be to close to The Walking Dead.

+ atone1382 on November 17th, 2010 at 6:48 pm said:

Dead Nation discount is FTW. Personally I’m really digging this ps+ membership. I have already recouped the initial investment and then some, well into the green, and there’s still loads to go with my 15 months.

+ blackgreensoul on November 17th, 2010 at 6:56 pm said:

Does that mean the God of War 1 2 and 3 skins will no longer be available at all after Nov 30th?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernandez on November 18th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

Hi – The free skins that come with the purchase of God of War & God of War II will be removed on the 30th. The free Dominus skin will also come down on the 30th. Get’em while you can! God of War & God of War II offered separately for purchase will still remain a Plus exclusive offer on PlayStation Store.

+ pokeystaples on November 17th, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

The Dead Nation discount is great. I was going to buy it any way.

+ Thrill_Kill on November 17th, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

Wow you mean a discount on a New Game? and not some launch PSN game or something I already paid full price for 2 years ago? Wow say it isn’t so! Am I dreaming? It’s about time!

Dead Nation + Discount = SOLD!

This is the FIRST time I can actually say, PS+ might end up being worth it.

But I still want a discount for first gen PS3 owners for repair costs. I have some PS3s that need repair and being a PS+ member sure doesn’t help me out getting them fixed. Please add some kind of repair price adjustment for those whom subscribe to PS+. I think its crap that those who sat on the fence for a few years waiting for PS3s price to drop get special treatment in PS+ with warranty extensions, and those of us who paid $600 for each of our PS3s get the shaft. That’s just not right.

+ Thrill_Kill on November 17th, 2010 at 7:45 pm said:

Oh and I’m glad your adding another 2 JPN PSN games. Last time you released 2 Neo-Geo to PS1 ports. Games I already have on my Neo-Geo AES. It was very disappointing. It would be nice to see 2 new PS1 imports each Tuesday.

Also, can you guys please import Macross: DYRL one day. That would rock! I own the original on CD but my PS3 wont play it, go figure.

+ Ska-Boom on November 17th, 2010 at 8:37 pm said:

Thank you for the Dead Nation discount and for Shatter this week. Its an awesome game an I am really enjoying it so far.

+ blankko7 on November 17th, 2010 at 8:44 pm said:

Nice, finally doing things the right way with the Dead Nation on release discount

+ tj5678 on November 17th, 2010 at 8:49 pm said:

@theMADster

Off the top of my head (most recently) Sega Rally psp, Hercules ps1, Bug’s Life ps1, Toy Story Racer, and (another disney racer) were removed from the psn store without any notice. I know there have been other games/ content removed which I can’t think of at this time. If I think of any more I’ll add to the list (If anyone else reading cares to add to the list feel free to do so). I know some of these games may have disappeared because of licensing issues etc. My point is had I known the game or content was going to disappear off the network (possibly forever) I may have purchased it or perhaps it should have been given out as free content for Qore or plus members.

+ blankko7 on November 17th, 2010 at 8:53 pm said:

@53

I agree with this, Siren should have a price drop is still just too expensive for a game that feels closer to PS2 than PS3

+ SuperTiso on November 17th, 2010 at 8:59 pm said:

Well, due to the randomness of it, at least I can finally complete my PS1 Tomb Raider collection as this was the game I didn’t get around to buying.

+ OldKai on November 17th, 2010 at 9:01 pm said:

Nice. A discount on Dead Nation, thanks for proving my friend wrong. Sony has really stepped it up lately. Keep up the good work.

Don’t think I’ll pick up either of the imports this time, may get Twisted Metal 2. I’ll grab the mini for sure since it’s free.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on November 17th, 2010 at 9:11 pm said:

can you guys please fix Crazy Taxi? The trophies won’t sync with the server!

+ solace357 on November 17th, 2010 at 9:26 pm said:

good job, like many have said Dead Nation will be a day one purchase.

+ iTofuMan on November 17th, 2010 at 9:26 pm said:

while im not a ps+ member im still debating whether to get it or not. i rarely use my ps3 unless its pshome. is there any chance that ps+ will get content for pshome? i think it would be a great idea.

I may end up getting ps+ sooner or later i just have to see if its worth the 50$ in my opinion.

+ rmartinez10 on November 17th, 2010 at 9:55 pm said:

Grace, can we buy an additional year and get that plus the bonus months to stack onto our existing subscription? You might get more people to bite if this is possible.

+ Elvick_ on November 18th, 2010 at 12:15 am said:

PlayStation Plus was a great investment for me. I’ve gotten a lot of good games out of it, already exceeding the overall fee. So everything now is free content. Plus it saved me some money on things I would have bought and HATED.

It’s also exposed me to some great titles that I probably never would have played otherwise. Like Syphon Filter.

+ EggySong85 on November 18th, 2010 at 1:10 am said:

I’m a little burnt out on Zombie games to be honest, but I do look forward to every month with PS+. Hasn’t been too much content that interests me lately, but that’s probably a good thing since I’m trying to save money here. I’m still satisfied with the discounts I received on Red Dead and MAG DLC recently. Those two alone probably paid for most of my short 3 month subscription. Definitely want to do a year soon, but I may be traveling & without my system for a while. If only there was a way to make PSN purchases without having to use the PS3…

+ LittleBigDragonz on November 18th, 2010 at 2:55 am said:

NOTHING in the UK PS+ stores apart from crazy-Taxi.

Will these items be coming to UK or not please.?

+ Mosh_Pit on November 18th, 2010 at 6:28 am said:

Gt5 and Dead Nation are the only 2 ps3 games I’m buying since 3d dot game heroes.

+ JAXX377 on November 18th, 2010 at 6:38 am said:

The SCEE Plus store now has the KZ3 Beta available for all plus members in europe and we get nothing.

Thanks for nothing! again!

+ GT-420 on November 18th, 2010 at 6:56 am said:

Thank you so much for Shatter this week, game is fantastic. DN? Finally a discount that’s non-lame and that makes + people feel special.

As of now, I’m totally renewing my + sub when it’s up next summer.

I give another vote for more avatars and dynamic themes for free, they can be cheap customer delighters for Sony.

On a completely unrelated note and out of left field, why is that Sprint stuff in the Playstation Move section of the store? They’re movies, right, not Move compatible?

+ station3fever on November 18th, 2010 at 6:59 am said:

“tomb raider guardian of light” when will we see a discount? please please please i’m not asking, i’m on my knees. please any info? x-mas %50 percent off? something?
Grace PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING pretty please with a cherry on top :)

+ rawstory on November 18th, 2010 at 7:35 am said:

Dezaemon Plus!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ judalation on November 18th, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

STOKKKKEDDD! This will be a nice game to play between GT5 breaks…. Since this game is CO OP only with people on your friendslist… add me my tag is judalation

+ JonJonXD on November 18th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

Dead Nation discount for PS+ members = win :D

You guys are on a roll! Keep it up!

+ LittleBigDragonz on November 18th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

Dead Nation discount for PS+ members = win : But NOT in the UK ? Are we getting this game /??

+ siriusbee on November 18th, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

Awesome job on PS+ lately. Keep it up!

+ HeLLeVeN11 on November 18th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

Awesome!!! Love the PS+ discounts on new titles, can’t wait to play DN :)

+ Enigma777 on November 18th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Glad to see that DN discount. I’ll definitely purchase it now

+ John-Shooter on November 19th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

another dull update

- no beta’s
- no game trial’s
- discount’s on stuff i either own or don’t care about

best part about the last update was oddworld and the force unleashed 2 theme

starting to seem like i paid $50 bucks for nothing but stupid psp mini games which is downright retarded

the ps3 was built for the true HD experience not to play games that look like they belong on the game gear
- no free games

+ John-Shooter on November 19th, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

well since my other comment is in moderation for saying something that isnt even profanity allow me to reword it wont be posted

another dull update

- no beta’s
- no game trial’s
- discount’s on stuff i either own or don’t care about

best part about the last update was oddworld and the force unleashed 2 theme

starting to seem like i paid $50 for nothing but stupid psp mini games which is downright stupid

+ John-Shooter on November 19th, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

i hope you guys can somehow adjust the timer on the game trials too by the time the next one comes .. if it does come

i was probably gonna purchas red faction if i got to play a full hour’s worth of the game but i only got to play it for like 10 mins because i played it right before i went to bed and the remaingin 50 mins or so ran out overnight even though i wasnt using the content

PAGE 1 2