GTAV PS4

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves, LittleBigPlanet 2 Demo, Beta Expansion All Coming in December

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Nov 18, 2010 // SCEA PR Manager

One of the promises we made after moving the LittleBigPlanet 2 release date was that we’d find a way to give you all additional LittleBigPlanet goodness ahead of the new game’s January 18 release date. Well, now I’m pleased to share the good news with you. Here’s what we have in store…

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves

This is a brand new spin-off PSN title that showcases all of the fun that can be had when Sackboy gets his hands on the PlayStation Move motion controller. Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves contains a brand new 10 level theme dominated by dinosaurs, where the Evil Big Rex is king. Throughout your mission you must take on challenges engineered by Terrance Dactyl – and you’re going to some need help, so put on your bear skins and grab up to four friends to navigate the tough terrain of the tropical jungle dodging erupting volcanoes and other environmental hazards standing in your way.

The player with the PlayStation Move controller leads the charge, flicking switches and triggering platforms to help the other players, using DualShock Controllers, through each level. Leap between Dino heads, use the Move controller to blast aside crates of bubbles, ride dinosaurs through prehistoric cities, and take to the heights of tree canopies—then team up to defeat Big Rex, all while collecting Trophies along the way.

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves is completely standalone – it doesn’t require the original LittleBigPlanet game or LittleBigPlanet 2 to run. What you will need is one PlayStation Move controller (and the PlayStation Eye camera, of course) and at least one friend with a DualShock Controller – since it is a Move-required and multiplayer-only co-op experience. The game will also be included on the LittleBigPlanet 2 disc when it is released on January 18.

But, for everyone who’s desperate to have some motion-controlled fun with Sackboy before then, and for the new PS3 and Move owners who haven’t yet gotten acquainted with our stitched-together friend, Sackboy – Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves will be available on the PlayStation Store on December 14 for $5.99.

That’s not all though! A week earlier, on December 7, all PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free! And, as an extra “thank you,” thousands of LittleBigPlanet supporters will receive Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free; stay tuned for more details as we get closer to December 7.

For all you Move fans, Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves is a lot of fun, but it only scratches the surface of what’s possible when PlayStation Move and LittleBigPlanet team up, so keep an eye out for more updates after the release of LittleBigPlanet 2.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Story Mode Demo

Now for some more great news…there will be a LittleBigPlanet 2 PSN demo coming your way on December 21! This demo will give everyone a taste of the new Story Mode in LittleBigPlanet 2, along with our new gameplay mechanics – including CREATE! Swing from different objects with the Grapple
Hook
, rescue helpless Sackbots, and experience the chaotic multiplayer fun that blows up when the competitive scoring mode is coupled with Sacboys and Sackgirls armed with the new Creatinator! The LittleBigPlanet 2 Story Mode demo will be available on the PlayStation Store on December 21, so keep an eye on the calendar.

LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta Trial

Over the past few weeks, it’s truly been astonishing to see the creations that have come out of the LittleBigPlanet 2 beta trial. In fact, we’ve been so impressed, we’re going to expand the beta trial a bit further, so in early December, a new batch of invitations will go out, including PlayStation Plus subscribers, more community contributors, and even some giveaways. Stay tuned early next month for more info!

So, to summarize all of the above…

• Early December—A new batch of beta trial invites will be sent out to PlayStation Plus members and more! (exact date tbd)
  • December 7—PlayStation Plus subscribers and a big bunch of LBP supporters will get Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves for free!
  • December 14—Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves will be available on the PlayStation Store for $5.99!
  • December 21—LittleBigPlanet 2 demo will be available to everyone!

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves

PAGE 1 2

+ DZORMAGEN on November 18th, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

Sony should really thank MM cause THIS is the reason I will finally budge and buy the MOVE! Also Sony should thank MM again cause they are making me feel MUCH BETTER buying PS Plus! It’s things like this that make me a proud SONY fanboy! :) Thank you! And this is the greatest Birthday gift I can ask for!!

+ Curtisio on November 18th, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

Any word on any pre-historic Sackboy avatars?

+ matthaten on November 18th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

awesome cant wait

+ TapDatApp on November 18th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

Will the trophies included with Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves (as a standalone PSN Game) be packed into the trophies you get in LittleBigPlanet 2? And will Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves be updated at all (in its final LBP2 form) with either exclusive LBP2 features or some prize bubbles? Thanks!

+ KILLZONE79 on November 18th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

Hey sony you might want check out some walmarts demo PS3 as they still show the trailer for november.

+ rjejr on November 18th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

Kwietstorm – where did you hear/read that the CE was delayed? I pre-ordered it in July but if it doesn’t come out on the 18th I’m canceling it.

Makingmusic – you practically answered your own question, but I’m assuming they are selling it to non PS+ people who have a Move and want something to play and aren’t planning on laying out $60 in Jan. for the full game.

This is so much goodness from MM that I’m not even going to complain about my $80 CE not getting any extra love since the delay.

+ Band2eto on November 18th, 2010 at 5:45 pm said:

Sackboy FTW!

+ iaint21 on November 18th, 2010 at 6:21 pm said:

i’m a bit confused. you said a bunch of LBP supporters. could that mean the vetran beta testers? (like us that have been testing since Online Create Beta)

and this also comes with LBP 2 right? so really paying the 5.99 is like a “impatent tax” on the content? or am i misenterpiting?

also, a lot of us on the beta forum are confused about this news, maybe Liquidrunner could maybe come back onto the forum and clear up our questions?

+ Kchow23 on November 18th, 2010 at 6:41 pm said:

AWESOME… PS+ has been paying off handsomely lately

+ keniken on November 18th, 2010 at 6:47 pm said:

@32 Thanks, I had no idea if Canada was going to get stiffed again. Finally…something worth having a Plus account for.

+ SuperTiso on November 18th, 2010 at 8:20 pm said:

I’ll just wait till Jan 18th. There’s no point since it won’t be “free” for me since I have Plus. No point in downloading a game for “free” when it don’t own it. I’d rather buy it the following week and own it then, let alone I’ll already own it come LBP2 on disc. Thanks, but no thanks.

+ Elvick_ on November 18th, 2010 at 10:35 pm said:

I would die to be in that beta. D:

Well… maybe that’s a bad way to put it, since if I died, I would not be able to play the beta. However, I think it’s clear what I mean. I want it so badly. I have PS Plus, so hopefully will get invited.

+ df2506 on November 18th, 2010 at 10:39 pm said:

Great news! Thanks for the LBP2 demo MM & Sony. I’m looking forward to playing it! :)

+ solace357 on November 19th, 2010 at 5:11 am said:

Any word on if the GameStop conference LBP2 gift copies will arrive release day?

+ LESABRETTYPE on November 19th, 2010 at 5:20 am said:

I got a question. Could you use the Nagivation controller and the Move controller for 1 player?

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on November 19th, 2010 at 5:28 am said:

Will you please put LBP1 up on the US PSN?

+ Bomberman235 on November 19th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

I really want to play the beta :D. Also I can’t wait ’til the demo (and especially the game) come out. I need a move controller.

+ Chuckbait on November 19th, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

I plan on buying LBP2, which comes with this prehistoric game. But my question is… will the game be on the disc, meaning that i have to put the LBP2 disc in everytime i want to play this? Or does LBP2 come with a PSN key card to download it?

Please respond, someone.

+ Squiggy2010 on November 19th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

Can’t wait to try out the demo, early xmas gift. ;)

+ ffrulez on November 19th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

I love you, Media Molecule!!!!

+ marlyt on November 20th, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

From what the post states I assume ALL PS+ subscribers are in the beta in December. Is that accurate?

Also you gotta love these beta “testers” who make it sound like they’ve been working hard. ie see post #58 Veteran?

+ FlawedHero on November 20th, 2010 at 11:27 pm said:

@marlyt No. A new batch will be sent out, not “beta will be open to everyone”.

Also, a lot of beta testers have been working hard. Games don’t magically make themselves or get all the bugs out by just sitting there or purely with internal testing. Not the best idea to mock what you know nothing about.

+ barnaclejoe on November 21st, 2010 at 4:17 am said:

Can I justify spending 6 dollars when I know I’ll get it for free if I wait a bit longer?

What a bind! :P

Nevertheless, the IDEA of Prehistoric Moves – 10 levels with move support – TOTALLY awesome. I can’t wait to play them, i really can’t.

Will it be possible to, in the future, use more than one move at a time in LBP2? I was thinking you could make a level where two players are each holding a move, sometimes working cooperatively with them, other times… competitively. :P

+ DarkOne_PR on November 21st, 2010 at 5:34 am said:

Any news on Sephiroth Sackboy?? oooh right.. its forgotten in some computer in the office of media molecule…

+ marlyt on November 21st, 2010 at 7:12 am said:

@ Flawed

Been in many betas my friend. I wouldn’t categorize any of them as “work.” Submitting errors to developers (if one actually fulfills their obligations for entry) is a small price to pay for the privilege of early free access to the biggest titles upcoming. Not mocking anyone, just having some fun at an anonymous person’s expense. My bad.

+ Sheaman-31 on November 22nd, 2010 at 7:48 pm said:

I don’t understand something here- with the demo, can you create? I know with the beta you can (DUH), but can you with the DEMO? If not, I need $20 to re-subscribe to PS+ pronto…

+ DizturbedPanther on November 23rd, 2010 at 10:48 pm said:

excelent I love it this is why I spent 100 bucks 4 2 years of PS+
cant wait till I get the beta and the colectors edition of LBP2!

+ Wolf26pack on November 24th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

Ohh Wow Great Job MM!! The Beta is Awesome, I already Pre-ordered the LittleBigPlanet 2 collectors edition and can’t wait to play it. I am also glad to hear their will be a Demo, this will spread the game to more people and enlarge the community. If I don’t get end up getting Prehistoric Moves Free then I don’t mind because I’ll get to play it when I get my LBP2 Collectors edition.

Thanks again MM for the great innovative games.

Wolf26pack

+ judalation on November 25th, 2010 at 5:35 am said:

Phew… Its gonna be a fun year with little big planet 2… cant wait for LBP2 and my starcraft recreation!

+ FiftyOneAces on November 27th, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

Holy crud, I need to buy a PSM and PSP, stat! I haven’t played the PSP version, and I need to play this new one, too. Oh, the sackmanity . . .

+ FASOLY on November 30th, 2010 at 5:55 am said:

OMG i Looooooooooooooooooooooove PS+ aha aha ahahaha aha aha

+ Kreutznaer on December 1st, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

Doest it HAVE to be multiplayer? Or can I use the playstation move navigation controller as well?

+ jonesoda on December 1st, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

So to play this I have to have the PS MOVE? I cant just use my dualshock controller?

+ Finaldeath1689 on December 1st, 2010 at 10:28 pm said:

Ah so this is why LBP2 was delayed….

+ gr8est_playa_eva on December 7th, 2010 at 7:43 pm said:

ok im sorry but im just confused now is prehistoric moves a demo or a beta or just an all out mini game type thin (i was sure it was like a mini game). I am happy i have the move and + now but im just confused!? so can someone please give me some answers on what the hell prehistoric moves is(wich im downloading now). Please and thank you. I know sony is B.A. but they just now confused me with this blog

+ CubanRatMan on December 8th, 2010 at 8:47 pm said:

i download this game i am on the main screen where say pres the ps move bottom, i kip pressing the ps move button but nothing happen, anyone have this problem?

+ DJJ4N1X on December 11th, 2010 at 1:25 am said:

i got it now but have no move but by cheating just first put ps eye (u need it) then it asks ps move then close your controller and wait something like a 10sec and then open controller and u can play with no move if it asks move again do the same thing but u need it on levels xDDDDD i got to buy ps move.

+ Jetviper on December 11th, 2010 at 6:16 am said:

i had gotten the beta invite email last night but i put the code in and it doesnt work PLZ HELP!!!!! :(

+ finch07x on December 11th, 2010 at 6:42 am said:

I received an invite to the LBP2 beta, but the voucher code does not work?

+ yoo_sergio on December 13th, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

So… will the LBP 2 beta (the one where you can create levels) be available free on december 21 along with the Story demo? Or it will be the story demo only and there won’t be free beta?

PAGE 1 2