Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Nov 22

Nov 22

All the Options: Gran Turismo 5 Collector’s Edition Unboxed

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

It may not come with “rack-and-peanut steering” like the Homer car, but Gran Turismo 5’s Collector’s Edition is still an object of admiration for any car lover. Jeff and I got our grubby paws on the first in-house box and have defiled its pristine shrink wrap for your viewing pleasure in the video above. Love that new-car smell!

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3

What does your $99.99 get you? Read on for the full contents. Not enough detail for you? Head over to GranTurismo.com for even more specifics and images.

Gran Turismo 5

• Collectible Diecast Car: Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho.

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec VGran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V

• Exclusive “Apex” Car Guide: 300 pages of advanced GT5 driving techniques, a crash course in modern automotive history, track reference material and much more straight from experts at Polyphony Digital.

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Apex Car Guidegt5_caGran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Apex Car Guiderindex-0821-v1-sw 4a

• Five exclusive DLC cars: Special “Chrome Line” editions of the Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro, BMW M3 Coupe, Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe, and Shelby Cobra 427. You may commence drooling.

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Shelby Cobra 427Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: BMW M3 Coupe

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition for PS3: Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro

• Custom-etched Gran Turismo key chain: A man can’t live on his PS3 alone, so your friends at Polyphony Digital have arranged for a little keepsake memento of your GT5 conquests.

GT5 Collector's Edition Unboxing

• Numbered certificate of authenticity: Hang it on your bedroom wall and impress your friends, or stash it under your bed amongst the cobwebs — the choice is yours!

Phew! That covers the GT5 Collector’s Edition, launching Wednesday, November 24th for $99.99. Only one question remains — what version are you going to get? Are you going deluxe or sticking to the standard edition? Let us know in the comments!

Add Your Own

abd_alazeez2002 said:

November 22nd, 1:42 pm

oMg
can’t wait
nice now a could change my old key chain

MUGEN02 said:

November 22nd, 1:50 pm

The Chrome line cars are exclusive to CE edition but what about the Carbon pre-order cars? Will we see them for free on the PSN in a few months like what happened to the GT PSP pre-order cars?

abd_alazeez2002 said:

November 22nd, 1:52 pm

It only do great everything

UKHockey said:

November 22nd, 1:55 pm

What was the song that was playing during the video?

Got my CE ordered, just waiting for Wednesday to get here so I can pick it up.

woess said:

November 22nd, 1:56 pm

is it the same collectors edition like in europe or is it only for us ? if its also for europe im really hapy to pre order one

i_like_toast said:

November 22nd, 1:57 pm

why are you taunting me :( my CE is all paid for…just waiting for them to be able to give it me.

Maurisio said:

November 22nd, 1:59 pm

Reserved and already paid. This will keep me busy till LB2 which in term will keep me busy til KZ3(all of this i have reserved as collectors)

ATLRoAcH said:

November 22nd, 2:01 pm

Every place is sold out. You can’t get the CE as far as I know. You can’t buy it from that Amazon link. Amazon has been sold out a good while.

KAPADO said:

November 22nd, 2:04 pm

Bestbuy has no idea when the game is coming out, in stores it said December 31st as Erik as their computers. Bestbuy is gaming promotions and releases ignorant ,they screwed me on my psp god of war bundle extras and now this ,I didn’t preorder GT5 as a result ill look for it on the 24tht

perrandy said:

November 22nd, 2:08 pm

amazing game! going to get the standard edition when i get my next paycheck.two questions to jeff/sid/rey does this game support custom sountracks?

also, who’s the winner of the gran turismo music/song/name your theme contest??thanks!

lSINGHl said:

November 22nd, 2:09 pm

Talked to Gamestop today and they said they have not revived the collectors edition copies yet. ???? Will they arrive on the same day. ?

lSINGHl said:

November 22nd, 2:12 pm

received * sorry about that. Looks AMAZING ! =] …….. =[

banok said:

November 22nd, 2:16 pm

Ahh! I got the invite for the pre-launch party for tonight, but I can’t go, my boss won’t give me the day off ’cause nobody would be able to work on my shift. THAT SUCKS!!! Hopefully I get relieved earlier so I could at least get there before it’s over.

theassassin800 said:

November 22nd, 2:18 pm

Have a preorder on the standard edition… Too bad my PS3 just yellow lighted me… Oh well, I’ll play it at a friends until I get my replacement…

Anddo said:

November 22nd, 2:20 pm

One of very few CE’s that will actually be worth it.. Can’t wait to get this in my hands.

T3mpr1x said:

November 22nd, 2:21 pm

I’ve had this pre-ordered for a while now at Amazon. Never pre-ordering from Best Buy again thanks to them putting my Ghost of Sparta pre-order on BACKORDER, thus not delivering the pre-order goods to me…

VillageTorcher said:

November 22nd, 2:30 pm

Cannot wait! I’ll be upgrading my Forza 3 CE keychain with the GT5 CE one.

MetalGearCrysis said:

November 22nd, 2:35 pm

I wish you guys had gone into a little more depth about the preorder bonus Stealth cars.

I’ll get the standard edition for now. Might get the collector’s down the road.

SoullessApples said:

November 22nd, 2:36 pm

Im seeing things :D!!!! Getting my collecters edition wednesday.

JesseHaysFL said:

November 22nd, 2:38 pm

Thank you gentleman, see you on the starting line Wednesday morning.

XScreamingEagleX said:

November 22nd, 2:39 pm

i just wish that the car model is little bit bigger than that…

but i think for $100 its a good buy :)

iCyCo said:

November 22nd, 2:42 pm

So it seems we can no longer “Get a jump on the competition” by transferring our cars from Prologue. Am I right?

D-Roca said:

November 22nd, 2:44 pm

I have it pre-order :)

Maakasukage said:

November 22nd, 2:46 pm

Cool Gideon Shirt! OMG WIN!!!!! lol :P I need to get my hands on scott p merchandise

Train1999 said:

November 22nd, 2:52 pm

Nice Video Guys. Looking forward to playing it for Christmas this year. After all the hype, comes out this week. PS Nation all over the world is looking forward to it.

almighty-slayer said:

November 22nd, 3:07 pm

That was a really well put together video. Someone’s been busy :)

NyPrince said:

November 22nd, 3:10 pm

Do the DLC cars go to your GT Life garage, or only Arcade mode?

TUSTIN1 said:

November 22nd, 3:37 pm

What time zone is that countdown ticker in? Because I know the game isn’t coming out at 9PM (EST) tomorrow…

NissanFlyboy said:

November 22nd, 3:38 pm

Hey Jeff, you tri-force is upside down. :-p

NissanFlyboy said:

November 22nd, 3:39 pm

your*

angelspawn77 said:

November 22nd, 3:41 pm

Wow that’s pretty sweet, unfortunately no CE for my house :( but the game will definitely be seeing my ps3 :D. Finally this game is about to be released!!!

JM761 said:

November 22nd, 3:46 pm

Hey guys, I have a question about the Collector’s Edition vs. the Standard:

I have pre-ordered both the standard and the CE, but my standard edition will be arriving first. Is the content on the game discs identical with the two versions, or will I be missing out on my CE benefits by playing and installing the standard edition first?

Is there a code or something that comes with it that unlocks those exclusive cars?

JM761 said:

November 22nd, 3:49 pm

Sorry, I see one of my questions was answered – there’s a voucher for the exlcusive cars.

I still would like to know if the actual game discs are identical, or if the CE has special content on it that I’ll miss out on initially?

Orionsangel said:

November 22nd, 3:53 pm

Great so what’s the point of a licensed Soundtrack? How about having an original soundtrack for gamers like me who love game music made especially for a game?

The people who like licensed soundtracks use their own music anyway. They wanna play the game with latest rock song or whatever. I personally despise that! It reminds me of those people that add metal to game clips on Youtube. No ones impressed by your music and it doesn’t fit the game!

There’s something special about a game that uses it’s own music. It’s like what if Star Wars had used Led Zeppelin? It just doesn’t work. An original score gives a game it’s own charm and I can associate that original music to the game. Instead of having to associate it with some lame rock song no one will care about in a year.

I know I can add my own music even scores from older GT games, but it’s not the same. GT5 has no theme. No identity. Licensed music just cheapens the experience.

S-E-G said:

November 22nd, 3:54 pm

what’s this look like in 3d?
should i go out and get one now?

HongoXIII said:

November 22nd, 3:55 pm

I canceled my Amazon preorder sicne they would not be shipping my copy out until the 26th and I would get it December 1st or Dec. 3rd (which is bad since I preordered the game in July and had no option to chnage shipping speed). I cannot wait that long so I rushed to Best Buy today, bought a preorder box and will be picking my copy up on Wednesday morning.

With various college papers due next week and finals shortly after, Thanksgiving weekend will be GT5 weekend for me, which is good in my book. Turkey and Gran Turismo, what can be better? I just need to make sure that I don’t fall asleep behind the wheel from all of that turkey!

Orionsangel said:

November 22nd, 4:04 pm

You missed the point. I’m all for custom soundtracks. You can add any song you like. That’s awesome, but at the same time. Doesn’t that kill the purpose of a Licensed soundtrack? Since I can use any Licensed song in the game and then some. If it was an original soundtrack. It would be it’s own thing. I’d have to buy the GT5 soundtrack to hear the songs. They wouldn’t play the original soundtrack on the radio. I’m old school. I like that Mario has a theme. I like that Highway Tokyo Battle has it’s own original music. It’s special to me, rather than Bon Jovi being the soundtrack. If I wanted Bon Jovi as the soundtrack Id hear Bon Jovi while I play the game.

KaiserSosate said:

November 22nd, 4:31 pm

Standard edition, I don’t get paid until friday that’s why.

dkenair said:

November 22nd, 4:33 pm

Love this site :-D

kNoWlEdGe22 said:

November 22nd, 4:36 pm

Got the Collector’s Edition pre-ordered… impatiently awaiting GT5’s arrival…

NotoriousGamer said:

November 22nd, 4:45 pm

wat the hell!! r u saying now that the promised “transfer your cars from GT5P to GT5” is no longer support? you liars!!

awsome_robot said:

November 22nd, 4:46 pm

so the gt psp cars only transfer to gt5 arcade mode? that’s a bummer.

bc50859 said:

November 22nd, 4:46 pm

OMFG i cant wait!!!

bc50859 said:

November 22nd, 4:49 pm

this better be good or else…..

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

November 22nd, 4:50 pm

I cant log into the PSN, how am I going to be able to play the game if I can’t log in. all I wanted was a pepsi….

UKHockey said:

November 22nd, 4:52 pm

Orionsangel you are an utter imbecile. GT is a DRIVING game. What do you listen to when you DRIVE? Do you compose your own music while you drive? Does your daily commute have a score? Your examples have an original soundtrack because it fits, licensed music fits GT.

jqtaxpayer said:

November 22nd, 4:54 pm

Can’t wait to see the final product, folks… been preemptively unlocking cars on my PSP all week.

Destiny89 said:

November 22nd, 4:59 pm

Looking forward to the game

Orionsangel said:

November 22nd, 5:10 pm

UKHockey, do you really have to resort to name calling? You can make your point without insulting some one. That’s so rude and inappropriate. Anyway, It’s a Video Game first. I know you want it to be real, but it’s not. I personally don’t like a lot of today’s music and I certainly don’t wanna hear it in the game. I want to hear some original music. They took the easy way out.

TreasureReserved said: