No Man's Sky

‘The Tester 2’ Dives into the Trenches in Episode 4, Available Today Only on PlayStation Network

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Nov 23, 2010 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

During the first three episodes of “The Tester 2,” the cast has been tested on their PlayStation knowledge, attention to detail, memorization and communication skills. This week, it’s time to see what they’re truly made of in the most physically demanding teamwork challenge of the season, inspired by Medal of Honor. We’ll see who can really dig into the trenches and continue to prove that they have what it takes to be the next PlayStation QA Tester.

Along with the Medal of Honor themed challenge comes the Tier 1 beard! Greg Goodrich, EA’s executive producer for Medal of Honor, joins both Adrianne Curry and Brent Gocke to determine who’s moving up the ranks and who’s turning in their badge.

Episode 4 of “The Tester 2” debuts today only on the PlayStation Network. Look to download from the PlayStation Store later today after the update and check it out in PlayStation Home starting Wednesday to receive a new ‘Game Over’ T-shirt.

The Tester 2 - Episode 4 Prizes

This Week’s Prize Package

Continuing with our Medal of Honor theme, this week’s ‘Download & Win’ prize is a copy of the newly released Medal of Honor Limited Edition signed by Greg Goodrich and a ‘The Tester” Limited Edition PS3 system. Download Episode 4 from the PlayStation Store to be automatically entered to win. See the official rules here.

More Deleted Scenes

This season we increased the length of the episodes for “The Tester 2” to show you more behind the scenes with the cast. However, there is still more that wasn’t included in each episode. Check back on ‘The Clips’ section on the official “The Tester” website for previous Extra Scenes. Here is a sneak peek at some of the deleted scenes from Episode 3.

Catching up with Fantasy Girl

Fantasy Girl was one of the quieter cast members in the house. However, she definitely had a lot to say after her season ended, including an outburst that was not shown in Episode 3. Check out PlayStation LifeStyle’s weekly podcast to learn more about Fantasy Girl.

Enjoy Episode 4 and tell us what you think!

40 Comments

+ MGO_Count on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

I want that :D

+ nino1911 on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

hahaha

+ Craazy on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

You guys should tell us who the winners are for the “Download & Win” so we can immediately be jealous of them!

+ PuppetShoJustice on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

I just can’t get behind this show.

+ buttmuffin2539 on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

I hope Big Fazeek gets his fat ass taken out of the running to be the next Tester. He is the most immature adult i’ve ever seen.

+ KidCommando on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

I agree with that buttmuffin!

+ Mike78Larsen on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

Big Fazeek is such an ass! I mean get him off the show oooooo “I own every game there is” you failed the first challange!

+ BrianMcGuinness on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

What does he do for a job besides creep out children?

+ krae_man on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

Whooo! Another contest Canadians can’t win. Who cares about Canada less then SCEA? Noooooooooooobody!

Well SCEC gives them a run for their money.

+ Lugoves on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

@Mike78Larsen AND he has “spent $1,000,000.00 on games”lol don’t forget that one. I can understand the competitors being well, competitive .. but he is just an abusive poser. I’m sure it’ll catch up to him soon. PS: @Craazy God Idea, they should announce the winners1

+ Creative_ae on November 23rd, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

Does Sony PlayStation Chose children play mouse and cat in Tester 2, i think the first session guys better !

+ tominator21 on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

Are they ever gonna release MOH frontlines on psn?

+ keniken on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

So maybe in 2 hours I can dl this…?

+ ManaKnight on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

I definitely plan to watch.

+ Haskell420 on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

way to go Playstation Lifestyle!!!! Woooooo hooooooooo!

PSLS 4-Life!!

Haskell420

+ Kirkpad on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

How can Big Fazeek have every game when “the PS3 has NO GAEMS”?

Only kidding of course, I’ll be gobbling up games from the PSN today. Loving the series so far guys, great stuff.

+ siriusbee on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

haha big fazeek is hilarious.

+ GT-420 on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

Wouldn’t hire any of these guys, they are incompetent at these challenges. The last one giving verbal navigation to blind team mates in fat suits, NONE of them knew how to give directions properly and that should not have been very difficult at all. Should have used “clock” directional commands (12, 3, 6, 9 O’clock) and standardized step size codes. Why wasn’t that obvious to them?

+ sciteach on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

i used to agree with buttmuffin until i saw buttmuffins name.

+ Lord_Ka1n on November 23rd, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

keniken “So maybe in 2 hours I can dl this…?”

dont hold your breath.

+ jimmyfoxhound on November 23rd, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

get better actors, the “drama” presented here is about as real as a unicorn.. “Where’s my ModNation Racers???” “I.. I.. I.. I can’t deal with this right now!” ppththttt.. haha.. ok.

+ Stoffinator on November 23rd, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

Thanks for making the contest US only.

+ sethchilders on November 23rd, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

Uh, dang; Big Fazeek just said f**k five times in about five seconds. I’m definitely going to check out the episode just to see what happens next.

+ keniken on November 23rd, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

@20, lol. Every week it gets later and later, its not so much a case of Sony droppin the ball…..more like they lost it and still cant find it.

+ digitalman123 on November 23rd, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Interesting challenge. I’ll be sure to watch.
@17: I actually find him annoying.

+ Corbie on November 23rd, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

I love how everyone complains about it being U.S. only… its like blog.us.playstation.com was a U.S. website or something.

+ keniken on November 23rd, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

Wow I was right, 2 hours after this was posted…its finally available.

+ brad74111 on November 23rd, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

lol it’s does always seem like that 2 hours later

+ unstablefears on November 23rd, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

@27 it’s been available for awhile under the Video store…..I watched it about 2 hours ago :)

+ aranhalucasaf on November 23rd, 2010 at 11:05 pm said:

Come oooonnnnn kick Big Fazeek ass out this house…..

+ aranhalucasaf on November 23rd, 2010 at 11:13 pm said:

Now have you think about Big Fazeek being the next playstation tester? Now think about the great work team…he saying F***you for every one who is working in some project…
Now think about he saying well i have spend 1 million dollars in games….what you don’t believe? I have every game ever made….
What? F***you F***you F***you!
If Big Fazeek win this tester i will change my mind about Sony professionalism.
I just do not feel good watching this season any more. Every time i hear this guy talking i feel like i want jump on my TV and Kick his A**.

+ BlazeKush420 on November 24th, 2010 at 2:37 am said:

Aww man and I wanted 8bit to win =(. Poor guy.

+ aranhalucasaf on November 24th, 2010 at 5:39 am said:

@BlazeKush420
I think the best tester for this season should be the girl Sheeska( I think spell on that way).

+ Surfaced on November 24th, 2010 at 5:45 am said:

Hey SCEA, this was the best episode of The Tester, ever. Keep it up and next season spend even more time with the contestants outside of competition! There are some great personalities that I’m sure your viewers would enjoy becoming more familiar with.

+ TebgDoran on November 24th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

@BlazeKush

I didn’t watch a single episode of The Tester season 1, and Mickey was the sole reason I started watching this season. Oh well, I guess this means now I don’t have to watch this season either.

+ vicious_v420 on November 24th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

im glad 8bit got kicked off! yeah he was the fan fav! but he made no effort, and just like adrianne said “silent follower”! so true. big fazeek needs to be kicked off too! he is such an idiot. war princess i <3 u! i cant wait for the next episode

+ g4b3silva on November 24th, 2010 at 6:50 pm said:

Those sunglasses that both male judges had on after both teams finished the challenge were pretty cool. Does anyone know what model Oakleys they were?

+ dIScoKat on November 27th, 2010 at 7:10 pm said:

so when will the tryouts for the next season be? I really want to try out for this!! I didnt even hear about the auditions for this season :(
I have 596 trophies, 3 of which are platinum! as a female gamer, im pretty proud of that!! I know I would be a viable asset to the testing community because i friggen love playing games, cant get enough of games, and im always playing hardcore, even through campaign modes, so i get the full effect of the game and the challenge. this show is great, but they need people more serious about gaming on there!!!

+ ken-chan3000 on November 30th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

dumb. challaenges are dumb.

+ dIScoKat on December 2nd, 2010 at 4:58 am said:

intelligence, intelligence is a great thing, Ken..lol