PS4 - Destiny

Dead Nation – Turning Up The Heat

David Bull's Avatar + Posted by David Bull on Nov 24, 2010 // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

Dead Nation invades the PlayStation Store in only one week! We want to make sure that you’ll hit the ground running because the zombie hordes will be relentless in their quest for fresh, warm meat. Today, we want to show you Dead Nation in its full chaotic glory. Watch Super Stardust HD pro Tlo-Mek, who has since joined Housemarque’s development team due to his gaming prowess, eradicate the zombie infection when the heat is turned up to 11.

Dead Nation is a twin-stick shooter but the controls give you far more flexibility than you might expect. In the video above, you can watch Tlo-Mek, some of you played Dead Nation co-op with him at a MLG event using melee, Rush, and the game environment to his advantage. All three of these tactics are critical to survive Dead Nation’s most fearsome battles, particularly when you’re faced with special zombies, Jumpers, Bombies, and other lurking threats – in addition to huge hordes of the undead.

Study up on the control scheme now – the undead are only a week away!

Dead Nation control scheme

What weapon are you most looking forward to using in Dead Nation? Do you think you’ll go solo like Tlo-Mek, or buddy up online? Let us know in the comments below.

PAGE 1 2

+ THE_MR_PENGUIN on November 24th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

any word on a future 3D patch for this game?

as Super Stardust HD is one of the best examples of 3D in gaming

+ Anddo on November 24th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

Awesome trailer! Can’t wait for next week :)

+ famousmortimer on November 24th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Does this have online play?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 24th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

Yes it does! You can play 2-player co-op online.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 24th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

see ya next week!!!
:D

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 24th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

i think i’ll BUDDY UP 4 SHURE!
new entertainements for ZOMBIES NAZIE KILLERS! ;)

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 24th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

@famousmortimer
can you read?

+ Anddo on November 24th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

I’m defiantly looking forward to the online co-op aspect of the game. As for my weapon of choice, SMG all the way!

+ Biz_Markee on November 24th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

Please encourage me, this looks kinda slow and somewhat boring. Had higher hopes for the game. Just looks plain with splats of blood. An overhead shooter has to be more colorful or zoomed in closer. I don’t want to have to squint to see whats around me, and that’s on a 50″.

+ Azfargh on November 24th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

the game didn´t looked that good before (to me), but this vídeo bought me… I can´t wait to play it!

ps: there is someway to have 4 player mode? got a lot of friends that miss the old couch multiplayer action.

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 24th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

No 4-player mode at this time. But you can still bring your friends over and switch off. Turn up the difficulty for even quicker turns. ;-)

+ famousmortimer on November 24th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

@Cyb3rfr34k-iso

I missed the last paragraph. I feel kinda dumb now.

But thanks to Mr Bull for answering my already answered question anyway :)

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 24th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

You are welcome!

+ Anddo on November 24th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

@Azfargh, Gaintbomb.com has a nice Quicklook video up. Go check it out, if that doesn’t sell you nothing will.

+ Tank_Baked on November 24th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Awesome can’t wait till next week. Especially excited about the ps plus discount we get.

Do you guys plan on releasing a demo for this?
I mean I’m buying for sure with no need for a demo but I’m sure you could get a lot more sales by allowing people a demo to play first.

Too many games released on PSN have no demo and there should be a demo for any game with a price tag.Even if it’s a trial of the game with a time limit like what we get with plus.

+ mrpaulryan on November 24th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

I wish they’d make the right stick aim AND shoot. I love other games that have had that system.

I hope it has local 2-player in addition to the online co-op. It’s getting harder and harder to find games to play when friends come over. Either way, I can’t wait to play it.

+ NeonReaver on November 24th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

Wow what a trailer. Just want to throw some praise out there for having R1 as shoot when so many games have the ultra crappy R2 as shoot now days.

David Bull's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 24th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

Woohoo! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the cut. I wouldn’t call it a proper trailer per-say, more like an epic montage!

+ Twitch_City on November 24th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

So stoked! The 30th can’t come fast enough.

I’m wondering though: Is there any alternative control configuration where reload ISN’T on R3? Considering there is nothing mapped to any of the face buttons… I’d much rather reload be X or O.

+ Mosh_Pit on November 24th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

BOOMER!!!

+ MadmanV10 on November 24th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

I just hope these trophies aren’t as painful and time consuming as SSHD.

…I guess no matter what it really couldn’t be worse than Eden.

+ KidCommando on November 24th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

SOLD!

+ Link01 on November 24th, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

I’m just surprised that after making super stardust 3D… they haven’t bragged about this game being in 3D… :(

+ dragon_night on November 24th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

Are u releasing this the same day as Pixeljunk shooter 2? And putting Scott pilgrim on sale? I won’t give up!!!

+ JonJonXD on November 24th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

I’ll be getting this day one. I love your games…

Also, the PS+ discount definitely sweetens the deal and I want to see that on more newly released games :)

+ musicman1234 on November 24th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

Hey David..This looks great…

+ Kirkpad on November 24th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

Wait, this guy got hired because he destroyed the leaderboards? That’s a pretty epic way into a game development job.

+ MetalGearCrysis on November 24th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

Online co-op is definitely the way to go!

Been waiting for this game for awhile. Glad it’s finally upon us. PS+ discount FTW!

+ UNIT-TRB on November 24th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

wow…that looks better than i expected.

I will be picking this up for sure now.

+ OCDog45 on November 24th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

so many games on PSN. im just gonna have to get a $100 PSN card to get everything i want.

+ ICU-KILLA on November 24th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

Does it have the option to play your own music if there is i will buy day 1 love what you guys are doing keep it up.

+ Lugoves on November 24th, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

Me and the Mrs. are gonna have fun with this!

+ rebeljd on November 24th, 2010 at 10:49 am said:

I’m getting this game because of the co-op support and Playstation Plus discount. That automated-sounding ladies voice that keeps on coming up when you pick something up or switch through weapons is annoying.

Here’s to the fun factor on Dead Nation being off the charts.

Rock on Playstation.

+ TwinDad on November 24th, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

Super Star Dust HD is still my favorite PS3 game. This looks great too. Any word on a PS+ discount?

While your bringing the heat, can you deliver to my house, been without power since Monday afternoon and it’s 40 degrees in the house.

+ Go_Buddie_Go on November 24th, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

This Tlo-Mek is a beast. He makes me want the game even more!

+ judalation on November 24th, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

TWO WORDS… CO OP!ahhh 14 words… add me if you want to play this game co po stylez! my tag is judalation

+ HunodrsinSCE on November 24th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

Fantastic! Fantastic! I want to play now!

+ KilvasKills on November 24th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

I don’t suppose we could get a price and what the PS+ discount will be? :)

+ Frag_Waffles on November 24th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

Can`t wait for Dead nation, going co-op all day.

+ rbanke on November 24th, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

That picture reminds me, Why do most game manuals or in game control images remove the SONY logo from the picture of the controller?

+ GoodFella2487 on November 24th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

Oh my GOD! Day One!!!!!

+ lostinplainsight on November 24th, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

is there any way to set up the face buttons to control the aim? yes i know it’s weird but that’s how i play every day shooter.(love that game)

+ hayes76 on November 24th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

Man people weren’t kidding when they said the sound quality was impressive the game sounds really good… Nov 30th can’t get hear any sooner

+ ULRA-1- on November 24th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

Please tell me there is local co op..

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 24th, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

Yes, there is local co-op. Switch on those controls and start blasting!

+ Dragun619 on November 24th, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

Is there a good story to go along with this awesome looking game?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 24th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

That’s right. There’s a full campaign in Dead Nation for you to conquer.

+ Kane22_ on November 24th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

does dead nation have new game+. cause i would love for everything to carry over even if its just for that difficulty u started on the first time.

+ Ultra_Keyblade on November 24th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

I believe I’m sold on this game.
Nov 30th is going to be a good day for us and a bad day for zombies.

+ Thrill_Kill on November 24th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

Well, I have been asking the same thing as #1 has asked and have had no response. We want this game in 3D just like we got for SSDHD. Is this game going to have 3D option available? And is there going to be any opening with real FMV like shown in the trailer?

I want these added to the game if they are not. 3D makes the games easier to play and see key items (for me anyways), and it adds more depth to the game playing field. And FMV openings are a blast to watch. I’ve loved real FMV in my games since the days of Sewer Shark and Resident Evil. Please try to make it happen. If not upon release, add something with a patch. :)

Please reply and tell me what you guys are doing.

+ Christendom on November 24th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

Is the 30th here yet?

+ whitwhit on November 24th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Game is looking great its going to be a first day buy for me!

+ Surfaced on November 24th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

GUYS

Can you please put Super Stardust HD on sale next week, to celebrate Dead Nation’s release? Maybe sell it for like $4 please? Thank you!

+ DarkCollaring on November 24th, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

Will there ever be a KB Dead Nation ad ? I can only hope !

+ kNoWlEdGe22 on November 24th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

Man… I can’t stress how much I’m looking forward to this game…

+ Butters360 on November 24th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Yeah, I could go for a Dead Nation Kevin Butler ad. He could be the VP of Undead Relations, or VP of Zombie Survival.

PAGE 1 2