GTAV PS4

The Drop: Week of Nov 29th 2010 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Nov 28, 2010 // Senior Social Media Specialist

That sound you’ve been hearing all week of thousands of boulders barreling down outside your window is actually me rolling up and down my apartment after feasting on a Rubenstein-cooked Thanksgiving meal. Who knew Jeff could single-handedly cook a mean turkey and carry a high score on Dead Nation. For an acquired taste and an appetite for brains (with a side of cranberry sauce), the PlayStation Network delivers a city full of undead zombies seasoned to perfection in the highly anticipated title, Dead Nation. Could you ask for a better way to ring in the holidays?

The-Drop-Main-Header

We’re only a few weeks shy of wrapping up another amazing year for PlayStation 3, which begs the question — what were your favorite gaming moments or titles to drop in 2010, and what would you like to see from team PlayStation in the new year? Discuss in the comments while you check out this week’s The Drop!

PSN: Dead Nation

PlayStation Network

Dead Nation – Sometime in the not-too-distant future, a deadly virus is once again sweeping the globe, infecting everyone in its path and killing off almost all the human race. To the horror of the survivors, the dead have begun rising from the grave, hell-bent on feeding on the living and wiping out mankind for good. But, just as it seems all is lost, a small pocket of survivors emerges, determined to take back the world from the undead.

(PS Blog Coverage: Dead Nation – Turning Up The Heat)

Funky Lab Rat (Demo Available & PlayStation Move Compatible) – Become a super-powered rat and escape from lab captivity in Funky Lab Rat. To make your exciting escape, you can stop time and rearrange 81 levels in 10 worlds thanks to the PlayStation Move motion controller or a DualShock 3 wireless controller.

PS3: Deadliest Catch: Seas of Chaos

PlayStation 3

Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos — Capturing the drama and excitement of the Discovery Channel’s Emmy-winning TV series Deadliest Catch, this game challenges players to take on the world’s toughest job, crab fishing. Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos combines strategy and action as players chart a course through the unforgiving Bering Sea on a quest for Opilio and King Crab.

Nail’d — Nail’d is a racing game that is all about eschewing boring realism for over the top arcade fun. It’s a racer that challenges everything from player reflexes through to the rules of physics. Riding on ATVs and motocross bikes with powerful boost controls, players will race down near-vertical courses of incredible jumps, stunts and obstacles.

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition – A sci-fi action RPG from acclaimed developer Gearbox, Borderlands combines the best in first-person action with player customization and vehicular combat for incredible layers of gameplay depth. Borderlands Game of the Year Edition includes tokens for Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution, The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot, and The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.

Psone JP: Blockids

PSone Japan Imports

Blockids — Choose one of eight cartoon characters and bounce, blast and batter your way past an array of formidable, fortress-like block barriers in Natsume’s revolutionary 3-D twist on an arcade classic.

Dezaemon Plus — Dezaemon is a shooter fanatics dream with the ability to create your very own waves of enemy vessels on short circuit, bosses that put the fear back in the word, cavernous tunnels at breakneck speeds accomplished without the Yaroze development tool.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

PAGE 1 2

+ CatchThat_Toilet on November 28th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

Will Dead Nation have a DEMO?

+ beastbarbour on November 28th, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

i would like team playstation to bring more services to ps plus, like software related and not more and more discounts, but im not complaing lol im happy with every thing the way it is keep it up SONY. Proud to be a playstation family member

+ dymlos2 on November 28th, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

Hey Rey!

I wish those PS1 imports weren’t just old school shooters and puzzle games. How about some really weird games we’ve never heard of. Dead Nation looks awesome! Please say “yes” to a demo being available.

+ freddyrivas on November 28th, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

i know this isnt drop related but is anyone else having problems with playstation rewards i was a member with the progress bar almost full and now when i check it it says im not a member then i tried to login via the email and states sorry those deadlines are sneaky little suckers but i was a member before nov 4 and seemed to work fine till now any tips? rey

+ Richlando on November 28th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

LBP2 beta..all I want.Oh but I will be buying Dead Nation of course.

+ dragon_night on November 28th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

Pixeljunk shooter 2???? And Scott pilgrim sale?

+ Rivera82Falcon on November 28th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

When is X-Men Arcade coming in? That is the big release I am waiting for…keeping my PS Wallet filled with some $$$ to purchase this title.

+ Maurisio on November 28th, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

@freddyrivas

the issue im having is that my select avatar wont show on my post here at the blogs.

I have a question if you u guys can answer id be glad; I reserved Dead Space 2 Collectors Edition and i wanted to know if We get Dead Space Extraction like we would if get the limited edition?

+ VampJoe on November 28th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

Only things that I would like are more demos and perhaps the ability to choose between a PS3 or PSP downloadable game for PS+. Otherwise great year Sony, can’t wait for 2011.

+ Axecution on November 28th, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

Yay! A blog update! lol i still checked the blog multiple times per day and then remembered it was thanksgiving. xD

Anyway. Im definitely getting Dead Nation. :D Possibly renting Nail’d as well. >.>

+ DiscoJer on November 28th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

Er, hasn’t Vector TD been out for quite some time now?

Looking at the store on my PSP, it says it released on 03/03/2010….

+ SpyDudeFX on November 28th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

PixelJunk Shooter 2 news!! And Rey, where’s Eric? I want to see a new PS3 firmware video very very soon :D

+ SpyDudeFX on November 28th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Oh what I want from PS3 in 2011 or sooner is an online dashboard to manage friends list, read and send PSN messages, ability to purchase PS Store content online, and online avatar change. Oh yeah larger friends list to 150 or 200.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 28th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

PSN is constantly evolving and changing. Your demands are not falling on deaf ears. =)

+ Surfaced on November 28th, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

“Team PlayStation”
Who does that include? Assuming its our SCEA representation, cover these 2011 happenings:

big issues like:
1. ICO/SOTC remaster – the cover art MUST NOT have the abomination that we found on our North American copies of ICO back in 2001. This is your chance for redemption, SCEA. I want Fumito Ueda’s original painting. This is simply justice.

2. The Last Guardian – considering how monumental this game will be, we deserve a very classy collector’s edition: Absolutely minimalist packaging, no crummy DLC add-ons or stuff like that, no mini-sized artbook, no figurines; those things are a joke. Don’t half-*** it. A Blu-ray dev diary from Japan would be sufficient, like what we saw in MGS4′s limited edition. MGS4′s LE is a model of what is good.

3. coverage for the major PSN-exclusive games coming next year, including Sideway, Journey, Replika, Eat Them!, etc. Whatever you can get without too much trouble.

4. inquire about the NA release of two particular games, being TOKYO JUNGLE and Malicious (PSN). If no NA release is confirmed yet, urge them to make it happen!

That’s all I can fit. Just do what you can. You’re our voice.

+ Nintendo451 on November 28th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

Uhh…didn’t Borderlands GOTY come out….a while ago in October? Feel free to delete this post if I’m either right OR wrong.

+ Hooligantuan on November 28th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

Borderlands is a cool game, but some of the DLC items included in the GotY Edition were originally (and astoundingly) buggy.

Buyer Beware, because Gearbox has probably dragged their ass on fixing it for so long that there’s not enough ass left to actually do it.

+ PharmBoY044 on November 28th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Everyone needs to pick up Dead Nation. Online co-op with zombies……looks amazing!!!

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 28th, 2010 at 5:35 pm said:

You are correct sir! Set the difficult setting to HIGH! It’s a totally different game.

+ bgardner on November 28th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

Dead Nation im getting it day one i have psn+ btw

+ texas_ride on November 28th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

@freddyrivas did you confirm through the email link after you signed up? you had to follow the link in the email to confirm your registration after you registered.

+ TrueStoryGuy on November 28th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

Fine update, but only because of Dead Nation. Been waiting for this title to drop all year.

+ KongWen on November 28th, 2010 at 5:52 pm said:

Wait, what…? Borderlands Game of the Year Edition came out weeks ago.

+ Kirkpad on November 28th, 2010 at 5:52 pm said:

@Rey, you seem to have gotten a new release mixed up with a PS+ offer again. Isn’t Vector TD already out?

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 28th, 2010 at 7:57 pm said:

Just made the change to VectorTD. Double checked the PSN list, and it “Drops” next week on the Mexico store. =)

+ hush404 on November 28th, 2010 at 6:21 pm said:

Woo! DEAD NATION!!!! YEAHHHH! GET SOME ZOMBIE BRAINS AND SMEAR EM ACROSS THE ROAD AND WALLS AND CARS AND GARBAGE BINS AND OTHER PEOPLE AND YEAHH!!!!! WOOOO GET SUM!!! EHHHHHHHH. YEAH.

^_^

Pumped that it’s finally out. C’mon TUESDAY.

YEAHHH! ZOMBIES WOO!!

:D

+ andy08ps on November 28th, 2010 at 6:22 pm said:

when is the little big planet festive goodies dlc out

+ remanutd5 on November 28th, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

i want to see psp games being offered to playstation plus subscribers or at least to the ones that have psps , monthly subscription video service on psn from u guys , PSP 2 getting unveiled soon , i mean SOON like yesterday come on i want to be able to text , talk and video chat with my psn friends on the GO , oh i want to play Uncharted on the go too and lbp 2 , resistance , inFAMOUS , Motorstorm and more

+ remanutd5 on November 28th, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

btw GT5 is simply the best !!!!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 28th, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

Looking forward to Dead Nation and the Deadliest Catch demo! :)

+ awsome_robot on November 28th, 2010 at 6:39 pm said:

Borderlands goty has been out for a while now.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 28th, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

I hear yah. But it’s on our third party list. Better safe then sorry. Ha. =)

+ FawkePhenix on November 28th, 2010 at 6:41 pm said:

If no DEMO for DEAD NATION. Then I’m not buying this game. This game look to much like Zombie Apocalypse. If the game is so different from Zombie Apocalypse as everyone say it is, then why not release a DEMO for it so we can judge ourself.

+ gdogg666 on November 28th, 2010 at 6:48 pm said:

umm isnt borderlands game of the year edition already out yea gamestop says its already out r u sure u got the right info or do they have it wrong or what? http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84162

+ JoeDierte on November 28th, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

10. Gran Turismo 5 released

What would I like to see with Team PlayStation in 2011:

1. More App’s for the PS3
2. More games of course :D
3. Make Qore (bordering bloatware status) an A La Carte download
4. Valve games as mentioned by Gabe Newell at E3 2010
5. A more functional web browser. I can’t fully use PS websites with the PS3 browser. :b

Keep up the good work!

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on November 28th, 2010 at 8:01 pm said:

Number nine was The Drop? AWE! (group hug!?) It’s above Gran Turismo? You CWAZIE!

+ nerdmanwhippy on November 28th, 2010 at 7:40 pm said:

I’m slightly baffled by the fact that Borderlands GOTY edition is on this list…. The game is at least a month old now.

+ nerdmanwhippy on November 28th, 2010 at 7:42 pm said:

@29 If you really can’t tell from the previews that Dead Nation is far superior and different the ZA, then I’m sure they really don’t need your $10. I feel bad for anybody that bought ZA, while Dead nation is and has always been a day one purchase for me as soon as it hits.

+ The_Chow on November 28th, 2010 at 7:43 pm said:

I know this blog post covers both digital and brick-and-mortar store releases, but maybe the reasonings for Borderlands GotY Edition being in this list is that it’s going to be available via PSN also?

+ I3rand0 on November 28th, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

Rey,

Can either you or Jeff get the .com team to unhide these games so they will appear on everyone’s My Trophies page? Here’s the list I have so far of missing games:

Castlevania: LoS
Crescent Pale Mist
Enslaved
Nier
Rock Band 3
Sengoku Basara
Star Ocean 4
Sports Champions
Vanquish

+ jeffsmither on November 28th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Any info on when ModNation Racers for the psp will get any add-ons?

+ evil23alej on November 28th, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

FINALLY dead nation is on Tuesday a buy for me

+ jeffsmither on November 28th, 2010 at 8:13 pm said:

question about Funky Lab Rat. do you control the rat or is it like Lemmings?

+ Venom1976 on November 28th, 2010 at 8:21 pm said:

I liked The Sly Collection that just came out it was nice to remember how fun the games originally were. I’d like to see a Ratchet & Clank collection. I know Insomniac said they didn’t want to do it though they’d like to see it. But hey, Sucker Punch didn’t do The Sly Collection either.

+ silversurfer7845 on November 28th, 2010 at 8:29 pm said:

Why is it that all of the Xbox Live arcade games (like Trials HD, Limbo, etc..) have demos, but PSN games like Dead Nation rarely do?

+ frogmanmike14 on November 28th, 2010 at 8:44 pm said:

Could PS3 be getting any old school fighting games soon? Such as Dark Stalkers or The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match?

+ I3rand0 on November 28th, 2010 at 9:02 pm said:

I’ve got an updated list of missing games from the My Trophies page:

Castlevania: LoS
Sengoku Basara
Space Invaders Infinity Gene
Star Ocean 4
Sports Champions
Vanquish

+ Squall9126 on November 28th, 2010 at 9:25 pm said:

too many great moments to list but i can tell you what i want next year, either a remake of, or a sequel to the classic PS1 game Legend of Dragoon. still one of my all time faves and i still have an original copy but it gets pretty pixelated when i try to play on my big screen. this would be awesome.

+ ccanfield1 on November 28th, 2010 at 9:51 pm said:

-Move controls updates for games like Call of Duty Black Ops and 3D updates for games such as Resident Evil 5.
-Adapt more games like Dead Space Extraction to the PS3, looking forward to No More Heroes also.
-HD and 3D updates to older games (ie. God of War Collection and Prince of Persia) are great.
-Keep adding features like Netflix and NHL Gamecenter.
-Free movie downloads with Playstation Plus.
-Thank you so much for adding a Rewards Program.
Looking forward to an even better 2011. Thanks Sony.

+ MetalGearCrysis on November 28th, 2010 at 10:22 pm said:

Isn’t the Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition already available? I have my copy right here.

Dead Nation is a buy for me. I wonder how Deadliest Catch plays?

#34, #41 I3rand0 brings up a good point. It’s annoying to not have the game show up until months later if it shows up at all.

+ Spacerac on November 28th, 2010 at 10:24 pm said:

My favorite moment this year was finally getting a PlayStation 3 and experiencing current-gen gaming for the first time (without matches of multiplayer games at other places) through inFamous. I guess it’d be pretty understandable why I’d be so floored.
What I’d like to see from PlayStation next year? I hope that first and foremost, the rumored backwards compatibility adapter for the PS3 Slims is a reality. It’s so much fun playing PS2 games without needing memory cards. I’d also like to see if maybe the original PS1 Klonoa: Door to Phantomile game could make it to PSN even though it’s out on another console, so that Klonoa could get more brand exposure. I’d like to see HD Collections of the original four Ratchet and Clank games, the original four Jak and Daxter games, and of the three main series Ape Escape games. I would like for Ape Escape 1 on that collection to have it’s PSP counterpart’s advanced graphics but to retain the original control style and Galaxy Monkey minigame. I’d especially make sure I bought Ape Escape Collection on it’s first day since it doesn’t have quite the brand recognition the other games do. Hopefully I’ve got some good and feasible ideas here. :)

+ nycballa417 on November 28th, 2010 at 10:28 pm said:

I’m tired and fed up with playstation. I cant even post a share idea, yet I managed to spend money to become a premium member. I feel robbed left and right, and they can’t even do the things that fans want or start reading the share blog. I keep my hopes high but how long do fans have to wait for what they want? I guess things will never change until a larger group of people starts to share my feelings, but things probably wont even change then if over 20,000 people can approve an idea and playstation cant make that idea happen. Pathetic.

+ Jimmy_Cosmos on November 28th, 2010 at 10:30 pm said:

Ore no Ryouri for the Japan Imports PLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Fenrir2606 on November 28th, 2010 at 10:38 pm said:

Hey kick their butts and tell them to release updates that do not involve video delivery services and photo apps! We have more than enough of those now. BTW Qriocity music does not count. Avatar integration, real social network support (for those that like it) Update the browser and give us cross-game chat! No I will not post in share because that is useless. Come on guys, kick some Japanese VP butt and tell them NA support is important and we do not like the same things they do!

+ nycballa417 on November 28th, 2010 at 10:39 pm said: