PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Dead Nation Hits PlayStation Store this Week, Eradicate the Infection!

David Bull's Avatar + Posted by David Bull on Nov 29, 2010 // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

The week you’ve been waiting for is here! Dead Nation will release on the PlayStation Store tomorrow, November 30th for $14.99 in North America (and at a 20% discount to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $11.99).

We’re pleased to present the Dead Nation launch trailer below. As you can see, we’ve revealed a few new treats such as the Molotov Cocktail, Shocker weapon, and Cutter special zombie.

The molotov cocktail is an important tactical item in your arsenal as it creates a wall of fire protecting you from the undead hordes coming to eat you alive. The incredibly powerful Shocker can take out waves of the undead hungry for warm flesh. Just like the other Special Zombies, the Cutter is force to be feared with huge blade arms that can cut you in half in just one swipe!

Fight through the campaign on your own in Dead Nation or join a friend (on the couch or online) to eradicate the infection. With features like the twin-stick shooting style and the use of recharging rush and point multipliers, it’s clear that Dead Nation is built with the same DNA of Housemarque’s last break-thru PSN hit, Super Stardust HD.

Dead Nation will be available on the PlayStation Store tomorrow. Download the game and fight the zombie virus to save mankind!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ SyphonFilter- on November 29th, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

I usually barely get PSN games but this is a must have.

+ piratedrunk on November 29th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

Looks like a lot of fun. I can’t wait.

+ reson8er on November 29th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

So stoked for this, Day one, hard difficulty here I come :)

+ StealthReborn– on November 29th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

I’ll be picking this game up for sure, especially with my 20% off! =)

Just one question, is there going to be an “endless zombie” mode like there was in Super Stardust HD? Or will we be seeing that in a form of DLC in the near future?

Thanks! =)

+ T67Killer on November 29th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

ill be getting this for real. Does it have online?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 29th, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Yes, you can hop online for some co-op zombie killing action! :-)

+ judalation on November 29th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

OHH YEA!!! on line co op ftw! plus im a plus member so thats even less to pay for the 15 dollar game!

+ rcrsuper on November 29th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

nice looking

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 29th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Looks great! Still deciding if I should buy it or not. :/

+ dehumanizer_666 on November 29th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this game for about 2 months now and its finally here!

+ FawkePhenix on November 29th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

I’ll pass till they put up a DEMO for this game.

+ truefrost on November 29th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

does it have trophys?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 29th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Yes, Dead Nation features PSN trophy support… including a Platinum trophy!

+ arbdef on November 29th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

Looks like a mix of dead rising and burn zombie burn. Ya ill spend the money and support the Devs :)

+ Crayolah96 on November 29th, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

ANOTHER top-down zombie shooter? I’ll pass…

+ TrueStoryGuy on November 29th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Every game released in 2009 has trophies. As a matter of fact, this one has a Platinum.

+ Sindred on November 29th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Nice, I had 15 space bucks set aside for tomorrow, but now I only need 12 :). Finally Plus is paying off.

+ Link01 on November 29th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

I honestly just hope you guys add 3D

+ Sindred on November 29th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Hey guys, at round 17 seconds, there is a slightly lower POV on the character. Is this an option camera in the game, or was this just for the trailer?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 29th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

Just for the trailer.

+ Berae on November 29th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Cant wait!!!!

Canadians are the best zombie killers and we will show you on the leaderboard! Stand strong Canada!

+ MrBeatdown on November 29th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

Will there be a demo? I’d be more than willing to buy it at $12, but co-op is the main draw for me, and I will only buy it if I know the person I would play with will like it.

+ inuyasha5400 on November 29th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Does it have custom soundtracks? if so, awesome. if not boo

+ KidCommando on November 29th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Will definitely be buying this.

Thanks for the Plus discount!

+ MikeHype on November 29th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

Finally, something that incorporates Smash TV controls!!!

+ stlthriot on November 29th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

Game looks great! Def will be grabbing it tomorrow.

Quick question though…
Why all of a sudden am I getting charged TAX on my purchases?
Since 2007 I hadn’t and then starting about a month ago it now applies tax to the PSN purchase.
Please explain! Thanks! :)

+ Tank_Baked on November 29th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

Seems like I’ve been waiting forever for this game. Can’t wait for tomorrow night when the store updates.

A discount for plus AND a platinum too?

good times.

One question though, is it possible to get us some dead nation avatars in the store in the near future(before Christmas) ?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 29th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

I think that’ll be possible. ;-)

+ makinrain23 on November 29th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

Hmmmm I’ve been waiting awhile for this game! BUT Black ops just came out…and it has zombies in it and I have that game already…do I really need another zombie game? I think YES!!!!!!!

+ BigBadLanTerN on November 29th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

It comes out tomorrow?! And I get a discount with my PS+?! Holy moly its gunna be a good Tuesday. Any chance of having Custom Soundtrack support?

+ xxKinGjxx on November 29th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

Is Valve making left 4 dead 3 for the ps3 also i really really really wish they did. it can be another great zombie killin game that requires an insane amount of co op. AND to play as Special infected :D

+ TooTall19 on November 29th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

mmmm cake please! Thank goodness for the + discount.

+ annihilation748 on November 29th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

finally something good for plus subscribers!!!!
amazing!!!

+ letherclad on November 29th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

can’t wait! This is a day one for me, this is probably going to become the best PSN game

+ Neil on November 29th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

I am SO over Zombies but…I will buy this.

+ atone1382 on November 29th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

I’m so stoked for this game and with the plus discount I’ll be grabbin this as soon as it goes up tomorrow, can’t wait.

Also @22 in regards to tax. Taxes on online purchases vary from state to state. It has nothing to do with psn. If you are now being charged tax for things you buy online it’s likely your state has just introduced a new tax.

+ Alpha6UFS on November 29th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

Wow, this is intense. Cannot wait till tomorrow to play this game. I know it may be too premature to ask but are ever going to expect some DLCs? =)

+ KwietStorm on November 29th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

People still asking about trophy support haha

+ TheGuardianFID on November 29th, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

I was in the beta, DAY ONE, SOLD!!! 8)

+ Justp94 on November 29th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

@David Bull
Hey, this will be up on the PlayStation Youtube Channel aswell right? I wanna share it with all my friends :) They will def buy this because we all have one thing in common… WE LOVE KILLING ZOMBIES! :D

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 29th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Yes it will! Look out for it tomorrow since that’s the official release date of the game. We like to give first looks and sneak peeks on the PS Blog so the fans see it first. :-)

+ Gitaroo on November 29th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

is it going to be up on midnight 12 AM?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on November 29th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Dead Nation will go live with the PlayStation Store publish tomorrow afternoon (PST).

+ ThermalRD on November 29th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

Ohhhhh ya!!!!! Been waiting for this for some time now!

+ bgardner on November 29th, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

how bout make this game come say round 12Pm pst that will be nice

+ S-E-G on November 29th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

i’ve played this type of game before
looks pretty much the same
not interested
thanks anyway

+ JonJonXD on November 29th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Day 1 purchase.

I love Super Stardust HD…and the PS+ discount only sweetens the deal.

Keep up the good work

+ RedGiant17 on November 29th, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

Played this at the Sony store in NYC on Saturday, it is awesome and should provide a solid challenge. Definite purchase for me once I get back home.

+ hush404 on November 29th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

Woo! DEAD NATION!!!! YEAHHHH! GET SOME ZOMBIE BRAINS AND SMEAR EM ACROSS THE ROAD AND WALLS AND CARS AND GARBAGE BINS AND OTHER PEOPLE AND YEAHH!!!!! WOOOO GET SUM!!! EHHHHHHHH. YEAH.

^_^

Pumped that it’s finally out. C’mon TUESDAY.

YEAHHH! ZOMBIES WOO!!

:D

+ BLEACH-Fan on November 29th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

Custom soundtrack??

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on November 29th, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

How long does the Plus subscriber sale last?

+ Unknown_Gunner on November 29th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Been waiting for this game for months now! Can’t wait for tomorrow!!! I need something to get me away from Black Ops

+ Lord_Rinja on November 29th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

@David Bull: Is this game going to have any Playstation Home Rewards? I really like the standee and framed picture that was available at the Gamescom Event Space.

+ BlooodyCow on November 29th, 2010 at 12:05 pm said:

Hopefully the store doesn’t update at 10PM tomorrow.

+ HitmanTrav on November 29th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

is this better then burn zombie burn? look like it!

+ KazeEternal on November 29th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said: