PS4-Infamous

Coming to PlayStation Plus: Our Biggest Publish Yet!

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Dec 01, 2010 // Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to let you know that we’ll offer our biggest PlayStation Plus publish to date coming up in December just in time for the Holidays! We will be giving more than $50 of content over the next two weeks, essentially paying for a full year’s subscription to PlayStation Plus, making December a great month to sign up.

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 2 Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves

Kicking things off on December 7 is the LittleBigPlanet spin-off PSN title, Sackboy Prehistoric Moves. Enjoy 10 unique Move-enabled levels on a multiplayer adventure filled romp through the land of dinosaurs. Best of all, PlayStation Plus subscribers get Sackboy Prehistoric Moves free AND a week before everyone else.

Earlier this year, European PlayStation Plus subscribers were given a full season download of Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse, regularly priced at $34.99. We heard the feedback that US subscribers would like the same content and are happy to report that all five episodes will be available to US PlayStation Plus subscribers on December 14 as well.

Along with Sam & Max, we are discounting Marvel Super Hero Squad PSP for those PlayStation Plus subcribers that have a PSP. Gamers can take Blue Tongue’s humorous outlook on the Marvel universe for a spin. Marvel Super Hero Squad PSP will be available for 50% off starting December 14. These three games barely scratch the surface of the upcoming PlayStation Plus content publish, so be sure to check the full release list down below.

As always, here’s a friendly reminder to pick up the content that will be removed from PlayStation Plus, including free downloads of Shatter, DYNOGEMS, Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus, and a discount on Landit Bandit, Hustle Kings, Crash Bandicoot 2, and MAG DLC.

Finally, if you haven’t signed up yet, check out our offer giving new subscribers of a full year of PlayStation Plus an additional three months for free.

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 12/7:

Featured Games/DLC
Sackboy Prehistoric Moves (Free and early access to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $5.99)
Tron: Evolution: Black Guard Multiplayer Skin (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Featured Avatars
Hustle Kings Avatar Bundle (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $1.49)

Featured Qore Episode
Qore December Episode 31 (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $2.99)

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 12/14:

Full Game Trial
Prototype Full Game Trial (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Featured Games
Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (Episodes 1-5) (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $34.99)
Fieldrunners (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $6.99)
Crash Team Racing (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $5.99)

Discounted Games
Marvel Super Hero Squad PSP (PlayStation Plus price $15.00, regular price $29.99)
Flow PSP (PlayStation Plus price $5.99, regular price $7.99)
Tomb Raider III PS One (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Galaxy Fight – PS One Import (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)

Featured Home Item
Burn Zombie Burn Home Item – Zombie Heads (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on December 7:

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Qore November Episode 30

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on December 14:

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Shatter
Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus
DYNOGEMS – Minis

Discounted Games/DLC
Landit Bandit (50% off)
Hustle Kings (50% off)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (50% off)
MAG – Interdiction Mission Pack (50% off)

193 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ zombie9 on December 2nd, 2010 at 5:22 am said:

This is really cool THANK YOU!!!
And People dont forget PS+ members get in LBP2 BETA later this month. even sweeter:)

+ JNice721 on December 2nd, 2010 at 5:27 am said:

December’s PS Plus content has a value well over the price of a full year subscription, and I like the fact that in one month alone, I’m getting content which amounts to what I paid for my PS Plus membership.

The one thing I want to see monthly, along with games, themes, and avatars, is free PS Home items, like the Burn Zombie Burn item we get this month. It would be nice to get free Home items or personal spaces.

+ beatkilla1971 on December 2nd, 2010 at 6:02 am said:

you guys keep up the good workbut it would b great if u get with some dev and make some exclusive skins so we can stand out online.(uncharted 2, killzone2 resistance2)

+ KARAMO on December 2nd, 2010 at 6:11 am said:

PSN+ FTW

+ GT-420 on December 2nd, 2010 at 6:29 am said:

Nice update. But I’m a little disappointed that Prehistoric Moves is Multiplayer ONLY as I’m more of a solo gamer :-(

+ S-E-G on December 2nd, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

PS+ = PSN Garbage Day
won’t be re-subscribing to this again
nor should anyone else.
give me features and options and maybe i’ll re-subscribe
i don’t want to fill my HDD with games that don’t sell at all or unwanted content

+ HerbertFortoon on December 2nd, 2010 at 7:13 am said:

Nice, though it is more stuff I probably would not have wanted. Gift horses and all that.

+ fijski8 on December 2nd, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

Awesome!
1 Question.

Can we have a Christmas Theme please. Loved the Halloween one.

+ zopi-san on December 2nd, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

wait, wat we already got Fieldrunners!!

+ Strathmore on December 2nd, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

Great. Another set of games I already own. Way to go Sony. Sure makes me feel like I’m getting my money’s worth. I’ll group this with the Qore subscription I already paid for, and the previous 75% of titles I already bought as a loyal PlayStation customer previous to Plus.

And what kills me is that you didn’t implement ANY rebate system whatsoever for the loyal gamers like me that supported you previously. What a waste of my money.

Now I hesitate to buy ANY new games for fear you’ll arbitrarily add them to the PlayStation Plus list later?

All I have to show for my Plus is some lame themes. And because there is a theme cap on each system, I usually can’t even download them without having to delete previous themes. Lame.

PlayStation Plus? Never again.

Oh, and that voice chat is great… Morons.

+ colstripcapn on December 2nd, 2010 at 8:00 am said:

Pass, no turn-based RPGs = no buy.

You’ve had half a year to add one… any reason you completely ignore this entire genre?

+ RockToonz on December 2nd, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

I want Crash Team Racing only!!! not Crash Team Racing!!! tsk!!!! fail!

+ BinaryJay on December 2nd, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

Thank you for listening to us and coming through with the Sam & Max content that was offered in the EU! I’m finally excited about a Plus publish.

My feelings about the recycling of content are not as warm, though. Hopefully this doesn’t happen with any frequency as it’s just kicking the people that have been subscribers since the start.

+ RockToonz on December 2nd, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

sorry double post… ” not Crash Tag Team Racing! “

+ Synchrotronator on December 2nd, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

I’d really like to download Sam & Max, but I don’t want my 7 year old to play it and I can’t block it out with parental controls without also blocking out Lego Star Wars. Oh well, I guess I’ll play it in a few years.

+ secularsage on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Grace – you have GOT to implement some sort of voucher system for people who are getting free content they’ve already purchased. Otherwise, what you’re going to start training PS+ members to do is to hold off on purchases of PSN games because they’ll reason that they’re going to get the games for free soon anyhow.

I picked up Sam and Max earlier this year, so this is tremendously disappointing news to me and all of the other folks out there who have tried to support quality titles. When you give away a game that PS+ owners have already bought, it would make sense to offer some sort of voucher for an alternate title.

I realize that the difference is that we who purchased get to keep the game even if PS+ subscriptions lapse, but seriously… that’s not a good way to take care of your loyal customers.

+ sanchog1 on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

Ummmm. Is tetris coming out next week?

+ Dessron on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

@101: It would be an awesome addition to this game, perfectly fits with the gameplay

+ jamesblesson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

I wish psplus has 1 month subscription option :Don’t you think 3 months is kinda long. Id pay a bit more than a one-third $20 for 1 month option. And BTW for those who are not sure wheter PSPlus is a good idea wish Sony kep a 15 day trial subscribtion for less cost.

+ nikrel on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

PS+ is great, I love it, I am glad I picked it up & I will continue to use it.

I’m also glad to see this coming out for PS+ member for free my wife and I are going to have a blast! Thanks so much MM & Sony.

+ PerfectGun on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

Just an FYI for those with questions about when a certain piece of content will expire. Just highlight the item and press the triangle button and then select information. It will tell you how long the license is for. I’ve seen all the avatars, DLC and themes have no expiration so you can keep them without a Plus sub.

+ ElektroDragon on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

Alright! Sam & Max! Finally a good reason to join Plus! Now please offer Siren: Blood Curse and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection.

+ Dessron on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

@170: DLC have an expiration date, it was changed at PS+ launch

+ TechTim on December 2nd, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

awesome content sam & max have been a long fav of mine now we just need the fallout 3 dlc to drop on US psn and well be all good

+ ZeroEightNine on December 2nd, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

Awesome Update sony!

+ CH1N1T0- on December 2nd, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

What’s the deal about Fieldrunners being available again?

+ LordRaymond on December 2nd, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

This is so awesome. What a great deal PS Plus turn out to be.

+ Shatgan on December 2nd, 2010 at 8:49 pm said:

Hussle kings avatar bundle?? OMG please tell me that isn’t the pool game? I’ve been waiting for good avatars come oon!, Also I have pretty much everything they are giving all the time, and the prototype game I already own and sucks, and a repeated mini?? maaan I hate getting things I already owned u_u

+ ViolentPhlegm on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

My 154 cents…

Free stuff:
Sackboy Prehistoric Moves $5.99
Tron skin $0 – Pleased, but of no real value.
Hustle Kings avatars $0 – Pleased but wouldn’t have paid.
Qore 31 $1 – Value estimate based on sub renewal price and not getting subscriber bonuses.
Sam & Max $0 – Have it.
Fieldrunners $0 – Have it from last time.
Crash Tag Team Racing $5.99 – Cool.
Home item $0 – Don’t care.
Total free stuff: $12.98

Discounts:
Marvel, Flow PSP $0 – Gonna pass.
Tomb Raider III $2.99
Galaxy Fight $2.99 – Can’t resist.
Total: $5.98

So for this update (across 2 weeks), my 154 cents gets me $18.96 worth of free stuff and discounts which is a return of 1,231%

+ Neo_Phoenix78 on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:15 pm said:

MARK “FLIPPIN” WAHLBERG??!!!! R U Kidding me?!! Do u WANT the movie to succeed? guess not. i love u Sony. Thanks for the awesome games and Playstation Plus is working out great, but how in the hell did this get ok’d?!! Very disappointing. I assure you tht fan boys are flippin out everywhere. There isn’t ANYTHING to look forward in tht article the Los Angeles Times published about the upcoming film. I’m so upset. It should have just stayed a video game series in the first place. But the fact that not only are they going through with this movie nonsense, but, sadly it really seems like it’s bound to bomb. Very sad day. *sigh* First Max Payne and now…

+ Genexi2 on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:35 pm said:

Cripes, I just signed up for PS+ this week after finally seeing games I don’t own getting good discounts or being put up for free for subscribers, and December is going to be the icing on the cake.

Hope to see other pushes like this in the future as it really helps justify signing up for those still on the fence.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on December 3rd, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Cloud Saving for PS+ and you have +1 subscriber.

+ Selectbutton on December 3rd, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

definitely getting Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse =D

+ Killer_Mangos on December 3rd, 2010 at 9:46 pm said:

I literally just joined PS+ because of this update. I’m very happy with Shatter, Hustle Kings, and Sam & Max. I’ve been wanting to download all three for awhile and this was a very nice surprise, plus Oddworld and the Prototype full game trial are awesome bonuses. I already feel like I’ve gotten my money’s worth (and more to come) and I just subscribed yesterday.

Thanks Sony =)

+ DazeOfWar on December 3rd, 2010 at 10:44 pm said:

I think this will be the worst PS+ update for me.

I already own Sam & Max just like every other PSN game that has been offered since day one. Hopefully one day I will get something I don’t already own. I could care less about Crash Team Racing. Giving us Fieldrunners again is a joke. Game was fun for 10 minutes and then didn’t give a crap anymore.

Also no responses for everybody’s questions from the terrible blog team like always is getting really annoying. Come on people do your job and give us some answers once and a while. You would have this job if it wasn’t for us consumers.

It is nice to finally see some free avatars again. I will also enjoy LBP game so that is a plus. DLC on the other hand is lame this month and hasn’t been worthwhile since the first month with the KZ2 map packs even though I had already owned those too.

Sony you really need to pull out some good stuff before my year is up if you want me to resubscribe. So far everything you have given away I have already owned or could care less about. Minis are lame and the PSone games have only had 3 good ones worth a damn.

I really love my PS3 but I’m losing my excitement for Plus.

+ Gameboy415 on December 4th, 2010 at 8:31 am said:

Sounds like a fantastic update – I’ll be downloading nearly everything! :D

However, can you clarify which Crash racing game we’re getting?

-Crash Team Racing for PS1 (currently $5.99 on PSN)
-Crash TAG Team Racing for PS2/PSP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_Tag_Team_Racing)

Thanks and keep up the great work!

+ John-Shooter on December 4th, 2010 at 9:59 pm said:

Full Game Trial
Prototype Full Game Trial (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Crash Tag Team Racing (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $5.99)
—————————————

holy crap a update to look forward to! ^^best parts of this update other than that the other stuff is junk i think

+ GrubbsTheZombie on December 5th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Man this makes me be proud to be a subscriber Ive always wanted to play that sam and max game, Now that its free im really going to enjoy it but it looks like i have to wait a couple of days. and that little big planet 2 thing you guys are really awesome. speaking of which are there new themes coming or are the ones you put up the new ones because i am dissatisfied with them. Thank you for ruining the beginning of the new year sony :D i love you guys

+ bmbnbs on December 6th, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

Pretty stoked for Sam & Max – thanks!

+ DonGian on December 6th, 2010 at 4:08 pm said:

Thank you for getting us the Sam and Max. Sooo much complaining with every update announcement and half those complaining dont even subscribe. I’m an original subscriber and am very happy. I never would have purchased the smaller games like burn zombie burn or shatter but have had a blast playing them. I’m also loving Killzone 3 beta and I plan to give psn+ as a gift.

Lighten up people membership is optional

+ enjoi_boards on December 13th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

sweet!! i love pudddddiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ ExPresident on December 16th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

Score, my question got posted on a blog post!

Now for the reality of it. I’m a huge Sony fan but like others have said you don’t really tell us anything. You clarified that Field Runners was given out and then you recycled and apparently plan to continue to do so and that is where the problem is.

As a loyal Sony customer I own a PS3, PSP and utilize the store very often. I was a day 1 purchaser of your new program, PS+ and have enjoyed it. That being said you gave Field Runners as a free title and then went and gave it out again. I’ve essentially already paid for the title, why should I pay for it again just so someone who didn’t have the ability or want to sign up earlier can get it? In this case offer up Field Runners again, note that it was previously given out in the past (don’t try to slip it past us) and then offer another title free for those of us who already got it.

Based on your currently logic you could offer a one year subscription, give new titles out for six months and repeat those titles the last six months of the year and use your current excuse as to why your doing it. That doesn’t fly, and while I don’t think you’d slap us in the face that hard by doing it like you did you steer down that path.

+ VGExplorers on December 17th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

Help Dear Playstation,
I realized that I haven’t been getting messages from PSPlus on my PlayStation 3 and my friends have been getting betas and information from the messages since the beginning. How do I fix or enable it?

PAGE 1 2 3 4