PS4-The Order

Novus Prime: Free Multiplayer Space Combat Game Comes to PlayStation Home

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Dec 01, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Calling all PlayStation Home residents! Reports of an impending attack on Central Plaza have come through the PlayStation Home Community Management office. Our friends over at Hellfire Games are asking you, the resistance, to report to the new Novus Prime space station. From there you will board a state-of-the-art fighter ship and engage the enemy in a free-to-play action multiplayer space combat game.

Form teams of up to four players and embark on a score of dangerous missions where you will employ cutting-edge weaponry in intense battles against massive fleets of foes. Purchase new ships, weapons, and upgrades from the workshop, customizing your fighters’ styling and gear. Take your avatars out into zero-G, floating freely while shooting the parasitic crawlers that drill into the station’s hull. The best pilots can even earn an exclusive animated officer’s jacket! Do you have what it takes to fight back the invaders? Head into PlayStation Home Thursday, December 2nd to join the fight!

Home: Dragon's Lair

Home: Dragon's LairHome: Dragon's Lair

The PlayStation Home Mall also gets an update this week with new clothing items from Konami’s DefJam Rapstar and DanceDance Revolution, additional Dragon’s Lair clothing and furniture items (pictured above), and Lockwood’s ridiculous(ly fun) Fish Tank Bubble Helmets (pictured below).

Lockwood

Finally, the PlayStation Home Community Theater is airing a new installment of the Hip Hop Gamer videocast this Thursday, which focuses on the recently released Gran Turismo 5. Also playing this week in the Theater are the latest episodes from The Tester Season 2 and Replay with Doc: Cast Offs (the latter of which rewards viewers with a special virtual item). Be sure to log in to PlayStation Home this week to grab the free The Tester 2 virtual item and watch these awesome new videos.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2

+ rucovered on December 1st, 2010 at 7:36 pm said:

fish tank helmets. Lame!!

+ rucovered on December 1st, 2010 at 7:37 pm said:

i mean at least could of had hair in it that was free flowing..

+ Zombieman007 on December 1st, 2010 at 8:01 pm said:

Novus Prime looks like one of the more impressive offerings on Home. So you know what that means. Lots of freezing and having to restart.

+ kinkyshoe on December 1st, 2010 at 8:45 pm said:

Can’t wait to try my hand @ Novus Prime…

+ Hockymn264 on December 1st, 2010 at 10:03 pm said:

Although I’m not too interested in this particular game, I am psyched to see that PS Home is attempting to be more than just a large chat room.

I’d like too see more unlocks from games in PS Home though. After playing Batman : Arkham Asylum and getting the bat cave I ended up logging into Home more often but that eventually wore off only to be rekindled by the costumes I received from Pixeljunk Shooter. Unlocking stuff in real games actually does draw me to the service more often.

Kudos to more content. (for free nonetheless =D)

+ hunnybunnee on December 1st, 2010 at 10:22 pm said:

be prepared to play the new game once or maybe twice,then home will be down for a whole day whilst its being fixed,well thats the usual procedure isnt it???

+ KATO-LEE on December 2nd, 2010 at 3:11 am said:

WILL WE GET GREEN HORNET AND KATO AS YOU CAN SEE BY MY NAME IAM A BIG GREEN HORNET BRUCE LEE FAN- LOL- COSTUME’S WHEN THE MOVIE COMES OUT IN JANUARY AND WHEN WILL WE GET AN IREM UP DATE? I REALLY WANT THE HAT FOR THE BLACK SCHOOL UNIFORM

+ Arsonist__88 on December 2nd, 2010 at 5:20 am said:

First time posting on here :)..I’m super excited for this new space to come out. Can’t wait to explore and whatnot. And those helmets from Novus Prime, REALLY remind me of Daft Punk and i’m just a huge fan of them. Can’t wait to try these new features out! Thanks for the new features, Keep up the good work :D

+ Fly-boi_2009 on December 2nd, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

This update suk,,, where is the ability to play our own music !!!! and many more of the popular requests,!!!!!!1 home is like recess for kids and a msn yahoo chat room

+ UNIT-TRB on December 2nd, 2010 at 8:46 am said:

awesome 8)

+ erickafollie on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

This message is for the GENIOUS that had the bright idea of putting this ship and shooting sounds in Plaza, come and stay for 1 hour listening to all this noise, it is ANNOYING.

+ erickafollie on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

GENIUS thats the correct spelling, so yea to the GENIUS, come and stay in CENTRAL PLAZA for 1 hour, listen to your masterpiece, it is annoying .

+ ReddRedson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Such a great update but my internet is acting up got to get a new internet box:(

+ UNIT-TRB on December 2nd, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

As for unlocking in game stuff…I sure hope DCU will provide some goodies.

+ Feral_Dragon on December 2nd, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

Mech suits are pretty cool, but it still has a error message on whenever I try to check its price in the stores. I`ve been experiencing a lot of technical probs with Home lately, from crashing every two seconds to avatars not loading. Other people`s avs don`t load on my screen either, and those that do sometimes have no head, or are JUST a floating bald head. What`s going on? O.o

+ Feral_Dragon on December 2nd, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

Oh, and the new Novus Prime space games won`t load for me. The place and ppl load, and sometimes the floating thing loads, but that`s it. Everything else is just spinning circles.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:14 am said:

OK..SONY is doing thier best to work with a FREE NETWORK…HOME is still on beta..(for what reason I DONT KNOW..but im sure hope its a good one) so there is still going to be some improvements being made and updates to mae sure its as good as it can be.These new spaces they are providing us are not the best but atleast its something we can do with our avatars..unlike other avatars that just stand and sleep :p So what im saying is give it some more time..be patient..with SONY it always pays off. As for the HOME Devs..keep up the good work and updates!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:23 am said:

Also..i kinda of forgot to mention that im sure EVERYONE would agree we NEED ..KRATOS,MARVEL and MORTAL KOMBAT OUTFITS :p and also (and i dont think everyone would agree with me) have our avatars show up on the side by our PSN id’s so we can ATLEAST see our avatars without having to actually sign on HOME..its just a thought..Thank you

+ evil23alej on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:28 am said:

when would we get the space exclusive for plus members?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 3rd, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

ALSO I know is alil too soon but i saw my cousins Xbox avatar with a TRON OUTFIT..and now i want one..so ..please put that in the works..and also JORDAN SNEAKERS and believe it or not a SACK BOY OUTFIT! yeah i said it..a SACKBOY outfit lol I KOW you HOME Devs can MAKE IT HAPPEN..its only a MATTER OF TIME :)

+ AyroksTtm on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

Novus Prime is pretty sweet! Pretty new to home, but enjoying that.

+ Psx0005 on December 4th, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

For the folks who thought this week’s update was weak, epic fail, etc etc etc, I have to disagree. Novus Prime was a helluva lotta fun for a space shooter, and playing some Dance Dance Revolution in Home was like rejoining an old friend (I was big into DDR back in its PS2 days). But like everything else in life, its hard to please everyone.

+ phunkyphenomenon on December 7th, 2010 at 3:47 am said:

Hi Locust_Star,

I had just purchased SOCOM Top Rim Glasses but the item did not appear in my Wardrobe nor did it register as a purchase eventhough the funds were deducted from my account. I had even received an e-mail containing the receipt. So I went back to check on the item, surprisingly there was no “Red Cart Icon”. So I deceided to add it to my Basket again just to check but during Checkout the error message “This content cannot be selected at this time.” appeared.

Please help.

+ DeathStrike35 on December 7th, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

The Space shoot is cool! just wish the bug shooter game worked.

PAGE 1 2