PS4-Watch_Dogs

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Call for L.A. Testers this Friday!

Matt Morton's Avatar + Posted by Matt Morton on Dec 01, 2010 // Producer, Santa Monica Studio

We are looking for PS3 owners in the Los Angeles area to help us test the latest and greatest installment to the PixelJunk series — PixelJunk Shooter 2: The Belly of the Beast!

PixelJunk Shooter 2 logo

We want to get a solid mix of PixelJunk enthusiasts, as well as people who are new to the franchise. The purpose of these focus tests will be to help us balance and polish the game to make sure it’s as fun and exciting as it can be. As you can guess, we’ve got a TON of exciting things to offer in this sequel to the already amazing PixelJunk Shooter, but we need your input to help make it the absolute best it can be!

As you can guess, we’ve got a TON of exciting things to offer in this sequel to the already amazing PixelJunk Shooter, but we need your input to help make it the absolute best it can be! What will we need from you? Your honest opinions on the game as you play through segments of each of the three new environments and encounter new challenges along the way. You will also get to go head-to-head against other testers and experience the online Battle System in which you fight 1-on-1 taking turns being the hunter or the hunted!

PixelJunk Shooter 2 for PS3 PixelJunk Shooter 2 for PS3

If you are in the local Los Angeles area and are available this Friday, December 3rd, we want to hear from you! We will be hosting three sessions at 1:00pm, 3:00pm and 5:00pm so when responding, please let us know which session you would like to attend. Expect each session to run about 90 minutes. Seating is extremely limited and we expect the available slots for testing to fill up fast!

As a “Thank You” for helping us out, we will give each of our testers a brand new PlayStation Move starter bundle to take home.

Requirements for application:

• Have reliable transportation to the testing location.
  • Be 18 years of age. If under the age of 18, you will need your parent or legal guardian present for the entire duration of the session.

If you are interested, here’s what you need to do:

Send an email to PJS2Test@gmail.com.

In the email please state the following:

• Full Name
  • Age
  • Email address for confirmation purposes.
  • Phone number for confirmation purposes.
  • Time of session you are interested in.
  • Let us know if you are a PixelJunk player or not. Not to worry if you aren’t, as we need all kinds of testers!

Thank you, and we hope to hear from you soon!

+ SpyDudeFX on December 1st, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

3k miles away but sounds great. Is it still on schedule for 2010 and do you plan to offer Home unlockables like the first?

+ SpyDudeFX on December 1st, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

PJS2 avatars and dynamic theme would be good too.

+ oFelipeNFo on December 1st, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

You repeated some text before the screens.

+ oFelipeNFo on December 1st, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

I would love some optional Move Support…
The controls would be great!

Matt Morton's Avatar

+ Matt Morton on December 1st, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

Hi oFelipeNFo,
    We are staying faithful to the control scheme already established in PixelJunk Shooter, so it won’t have Move support… We just figured the Move Starter Bundle would be a great incentive for the testers. :)

+ Zezzler on December 1st, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

I would love to see some PixelJunk Avatars too please! it would make my PSN card THAT much more awesome.

on another note, i cannot wait to get my hands on shooter 2! I loved shooter 1, so i have high expectations for pjs2 as well!

PS. where has Dylan been? hasn’t been on the blog in a while.

Matt Morton's Avatar

+ Matt Morton on December 1st, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

We plan to have a lot of nice things for the PixelJunk fans coming soon!

Dylan and the amazing Q-Games team are working like crazy to make sure PixelJunk Shooter 2 is as amazing as we all know it will be. I’m sure Dylan will have lots of good news for all of us PixelJunkies.

+ ESGC82 on December 1st, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

Great news. Hey, what about a PixelJunk Monsters sequel? :)

Matt Morton's Avatar

+ Matt Morton on December 1st, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

Do you have a PSP?

I would recommend getting PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe, if you haven’t already. Why? A 3rd island of insane Monsters action, lots of unlockable items, online co-op on the PSP…. SOOOO much Monsters love!

+ spunnups on December 1st, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Please make the game tougher or have difficulty levels (not sure if PS Shooter had them). But overall, I loved it, as I have all PixelJunk games. Keep em coming!!

+ moho-foe on December 1st, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

No North Bay love?

+ Kirkpad on December 1st, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

… Online battle system?! I’m interested even more now. My brother and I adored the fluid system; we would spend hours just mucking around with the different possibilities.

+ joostin on December 1st, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

Geez! That is a great incentive gift. EA Canada only gives us one free EA produced game for our time. MOVE starter bundle! Hmm 24 hour straight drive from Vancouver…is it worth it…

+ KazeEternal on December 1st, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

what are the odds that we’ll see this before Christmas?

+ Mucudadada on December 1st, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

Hope I get in! I loved Shooter and my Mom wants a Move for Christmas. Double Win!

+ cool_Pinoy2343 on December 1st, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

hope i get selected!

+ Nintendo451 on December 1st, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

Is “Bella of the Beast” the official subtitle for PJS 2? I’ve never even seen that before until now….

Matt Morton's Avatar

+ Matt Morton on December 1st, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

Did you finish PixelJunk Shooter? If so, the subtitle makes sense!

If not…. well…. I don’t want to spoil anything for those who haven’t finished PixelJunk Shooter! ;)

+ Nintendo451 on December 1st, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

“Belly of the Beast”….crap….stupid.

+ frogmanmike14 on December 1st, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

DAMN IT!!! I HAVE TO STUDY FOR FINALS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! otherwise i would have been all over this. If only they were doing it the next friday… Oh well I already bought a PS Move, but it would have been sweet to get another.

+ perrandy on December 1st, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

hey matt where is dylan? :0)
also, any chance that you guys could do a pixeljunk monsters 2?

+ PSWii2008 on December 1st, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

Seems like it’s always LA that gets to do all these cool tests of games! I wish someone would have something like this in KY, or anywhere on the eastern part of the US!

But I’m looking forward to Shooter 2!

+ NyPrince on December 1st, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

Didn’t Pixel junk shooters come out like in August?.. And already a part 2… Someone trying to sell DLC as full games…

Matt Morton's Avatar

+ Matt Morton on December 1st, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

Hi NyPrince,

We are closing in on a year since PixelJunk Shooter was released. I’m not sure what you are referring to, but if you are a fan of the PixelJunk games, you would know that when additional content is released for a title, it’s listed as an Encore pack.

PixelJunk Shooter 2 is the first true sequel in the PixelJunk series, and is equal to and exceeding the content of the original in every way! It’s really quite stunning!

+ T3mpr1x on December 1st, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

Alright! Now we’re talking. Hope I get in. Love living near LA!

+ Link01 on December 1st, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

Please, .. someone make a stake out in Florida for once.

+ DZORMAGEN on December 1st, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

I wish I get in, I just e-mailed you now, I wish it is not too late! Please let me test this game! Please!!!!!!!

+ mew_frenger on December 1st, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

cant wait guys. pjs is easily my favorite PSN game.
everyone go get it now if u havnt already.

+ FunkyTable on December 1st, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

It would be awesome if there was User created levels for this game.

+ oFelipeNFo on December 1st, 2010 at 3:58 pm said:

Oh ok, Thanks anyway.
I still love the original Control scheme! XD
The Multiplayer sounds AMAZING! Wish i lived in LA…

+ dragon_night on December 1st, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

OMG!!!! I live in San Diego!!! May i still apply??? I get to try it early plus a move starter pack???? EPIC

+ cool_Pinoy2343 on December 1st, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

will we be notified that we werent chosen? has anybody been contacted yet whether or not they were chosen?

+ barnaclejoe on December 1st, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

I wish I lived in L.A. for this opportunity! AGH! Even if I just had to crash into walls all day, I’d love to come try it out and help make it play better.

Oh well.

I really can’t wait for this game. Shooter 1 was one of my favourite games of the eyar!

Matt Morton's Avatar

+ Matt Morton on December 1st, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

Hi everyone!

To all of you who have sent in emails: Thank You! I just wanted to let you know that we have been absolutely FLOODED with emails! I can’t tell you how great this makes us feel to see such enthusiasm from the readers of the PlayStation Blog.

We have MORE than enough applicants for the playtest and beginning to send out confirmation emails to those lucky few who are selected for a session this Friday.

If you don’t get selected for this round, fear not! We keep all emails on file and may use them in the future for other playtests.

Again, thank you so much for the responses!

+ athleticikdaism on December 1st, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

I sent an email to you guys. I really hope you pick me! I’m a HUGE fan of PixelJunk Shooter, I’ve already completed it a few times. I can’t wait for the sequel.

-Mitchell

+ cool_Pinoy2343 on December 1st, 2010 at 5:40 pm said:

i really want thisssss

+ DZORMAGEN on December 1st, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

@27 Matt Morton

I really really hope I get in. It will be a great birthday gift to come and test out the game. Please!!!! :)

+ Thrill_Kill on December 1st, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

wow… that’s just awesome! email sent!

+ TubaDude49 on December 2nd, 2010 at 4:38 am said:

When’s the release date?

+ Link01 on December 2nd, 2010 at 4:52 am said:

Hey, are you guys working on 3D for this title or online co op. I can’t help but imagine how good this would be with both of those.

+ Lance_Akiro on December 2nd, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

Man California is like the area to test out games being on the East coast seems more boring now then West Coast.

+ Yourfacedotcom on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

EMAIL sent! Hope you guys choose me, I live really close to your office!

+ nikrel on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

I really wish I was able to make it to these kind of events, I live in TN, I already have a Move and whatnot but it would be a blast to be able to partake on the festivities.

+ stufreddy on December 2nd, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

I really enjoyed the original but a big downfall was the short length of the game. It felt just as you start to become good at the games and mechanics, the game ends. Will the single-player be any longer than the original?

+ THE-KZA on December 2nd, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

I sent an email yesterday. I hope I get picked.

+ ShadowKnight1m1 on December 2nd, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

I loved the first game but i though it could use a little bit more boss battles cause the first two bosses in the game were pretty fun i didnt really feel the game was all that short since you always had a set number of treasures to locate. (and i still have yet to find the required ones to fight the third boss)

+ gundam_f91s on December 2nd, 2010 at 7:21 pm said:

Are all the accepted email sent out?

+ CAP1stAvenger on December 2nd, 2010 at 8:58 pm said:

I’m also curious. I sent my email yesterday; have you sent confirmations yet? This looks awesome! Thanks!