PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

LittleBigPlanet 2 Update – Our December Checklist

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Dec 02, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LittleBigPlanet 2 compilation

December is here, and LittleBigPlanet 2 is right around the corner – so we’re putting together our own little checklist to make sure we’re ready for the big launch on January 18th.

Final Box Art and Collectors Edition Packaging – Done

LBP2: Special Edition Box LBP2: Collectors Edition Box

ESRB Rating – Done

E rating - LBP2

Online Servers – Almost Done

Final phase testing this month. New invites go out next week. BTW, we’ve updated the online beta to test the new ‘voice recording’ features, so check out this handy tutorial from Moleynator @ Sackinima

FREE LBP2 PSN Demo – Prepping for PlayStation Store on 12/22

Sackboy holding controller

Kevin Butler TV spot – In the Editing Phase

KB sketch

In-store Displays – Done

LBP2: In-store displays

Sackboy Costume – Done

LittleBigPlanet Costume

Holiday Wrapping Paper – Done

LBP2 wrapping paper

There’s a ton more on our list, but let us know if we’ve missed anything (of if you have any ideas…)

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ Marston43 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Is the game done ? LOL

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:56 pm said:

Almost!

+ dusek on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

nice

+ dusek on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

i wish i had an in-store display like that and the sackboy costume

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

We’re planning a lot of use for the costume, we’ll be sure to let you know when/where in the near future.

+ DJ_DTM on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

Play My Levels- DO IT NOW!!!!

+ Vabor on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

Wow. That’s fantastic box art.

Where can you get the wrapping paper?

+ freakyzeeky on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

I want some of that gift-wrapping paper, haha… Where can I get that? :D

+ chaoszero14 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

PLEASE tell me where can i get some of that Holiday Wrapping Paper!?

+ Arcadian_Rebel on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Looks great so far, MM! I semi-enjoyed the first LBP and will be debating on whether to pick this one up or not. The images are great, BTW. :P

+ Coffeetan on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

AWESOME. I pre-ordered the collector’s edition when it was first announced (mostly for all the special costumes) and that looks great. Also my birthday is 12/22, so a demo sounds like a good present to me. :)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

Happy Birthday-to-be!

+ Silvan24 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

when is the beta invites coming out for playstation plus subscribers

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 2nd, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

Next week, but be mindful that not all PS+ subscribers will get it – only a select batch of LBP fans within. Unfortunately, the online beta server wasn’t designed to support such a large number, but hopefully you’ll get yours (or find some more ways in…more details to come).

+ reson8er on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Woot Collectors edition Box is awesome, so glad I pre-ordered this :D

+ BLite on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

3D?

+ Shakatu on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

Pre-ordered from Amazon a while ago! Can’t wait to get the collector’s edition! I have 2 more trophies to get in the first game in the meantime…

+ recallsamemory on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

have you added kevin butler as a costume yet?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 2nd, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

I’ll have to add that to our checklist…

+ Veridis_Quo on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

@Marston43

Thank you for actually making me laugh out loud.

+ coco4455 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

I PRE-ORDERED AND PAYED IN FULL FOR COLLECTORS EDITION…. HOW DO I GET A BETA CODE??? PLEASE HELP. YOU CAN VERIFY THE PRE-ORDER THROUGH GAMESTOP. I LOVE LBP, GREAT JOB MM…. CANT WAIT TILL JANUARY !!!!!!

+ Butters360 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

God I love Media Molecule and LittleBigPlanet!

+ coppeerboy on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

enabling record feature???

+ Stoffinator on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

I want that wrapping paper. Where can I get it?

+ Neil on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

Giving away free copies to PS Blog members – Beginning!?

+ steeleye54 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

Wrapping paper, I want some, lol. So when you say ideas, do you mean in game ideas or out of game ideas?

+ CobNat on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

Pre-order — Done

+ KazeEternal on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

Will the LBP2 demo feature Move support?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 2nd, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

Right now, the only Move support from the world of LittleBigPlanet is “Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves” available on the PS Store on Dec 14th. Or you can get it free on Dec 7th by being a PS+ subscriber, one of the lucky few selected to receive free (more info to come) or when you buy LittleBigPlanet 2 in January.

+ dragonmagician on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

This post is amazing!!!

Cool box art; Collector Edition looks huge; Anticipating the LBP2 demo; Kevin Butler – yes please; In store display – looks good (is that the old box art I see?); and the wrapping paper is adorable.

+ RGS-14 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

I like the CE Box. Not sure if it’s gonna fit in the gaming shelf but we’ll see. I can’t wait – just wished we would keep all the creations we’ve done in the beta for the full game. I’ve put a lot of hours into it already.

+ frogmanmike14 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

cool, looking forward to the spinoff for move that is free for ps+ users

+ ModernYorkster on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

Cannot wait to add LittleBigPlanet 2 to my Trophy and Video Game collection.

+ Maurisio on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Reserved my copy of LB2 CE long ago. It just leaves with a few questions…1 How can a normal guy get the Store display?…2 Will the LBP wrapping paper be available for sale?…..3 where can i get that costume for next Halloween?

+ wooster6 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!! I want this game!!

+ saab01 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

Maybe a contest where we can win a free copy of the game ?

+ Link01 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

wish you’d release it earlier… awesome though :)

+ cool_trainer on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

I’d like some of that wrapping paper :D

+ Ropiplup on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

Prehistoric moves is going to be in the LBP2 Blu-ray right?
I pre-ordered my collectors edition on September I cant wait

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 2nd, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

Yes. Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves will be free on the LBP2 BD.

+ hackerbert on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

Can’t wait, but will have to wait :( In the mean time, how do we get the wrapping paper?!?!?????

+ poodude on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

Please tell me that wrapping paper will be sold in stores.

+ Paznos on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

I really wish games with move support wouldn’t have that ugly half circle on the box art, A blue strip next to Only on Playstation would be more than enough.

+ Enforcer_X on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

CE Pre-ordered for a while now …
Looks great! Keep it up!

+ OutcastNeedhelp on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

Hurry up and release this game now.I hope I can beat the first game before then.

+ Ropiplup on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

Cool you are going to be able to build your own assassins sackboys brotherhood

+ ycole11 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

Wonderful box art, well except from that ugly move logo. It would be really nice if you made the logo some kind of sticker or just refined it a bit. I know its the game that matters but still….I guess you can’t have it all though can you?

+ Bahamut-GF on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

I’m so going to buy the Collector’s Edition…. but I’d be happy if I could get my hands on the wrapping paper! Any plans to see this in Canada, soon enough to wrap gifts before the holidays?

+ SykoTech on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

I like the new boxart. Well, aside from the semi-circle “Playstation Move” logo.

Looking forward to the KB ad and the demo….and the game of course.

As for ideas, how about some LittleBigPlanet Christmas tree decorations? I’d buy some.

+ F-minus on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

WRAPPING PAPER!!!!! I hope that can be found in the wrapping paper section of all stores.

+ Curtisio on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

Fantastic! Somebody hand me the sleeping pills because I’m just too excited!

How do I get the holiday wrapping LBP2 paper?

+ sdwifey on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

Sooo cute. My favorite game. Can’t wait to get my Collector’s Edition! :)

AND WHERE DO WE GET THE WRAPPING PAPER?!?!

+ I3rand0 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

Laggy online multiplayer – Done

Ridiculous amount of forced content patches – In Progress

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 2nd, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Haters on the blog – Confirmed!

+ Shinra_Soilder on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

Awesome. January is almost here.

+ df2506 on December 2nd, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

I’m drooling over the LBP2 collector’s edition. I’m glad I pre-ordered it awhile back! :)

Can’t wait to see the Kevin Butler ad! Also: the in-store display looks great. Cool Sackboy costume! Oh and the wrapping paper is nice. Though the way I unwrap presents, it would ruin that paper. :(

Too bad Qore users are not getting into the beta. Doubt I’ll be keeping that after it runs out this month…

That said, I’m looking forward to the demo a lot! Thx in advance! :)

PAGE 1 2 3 6