PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

LittleBigPlanet 2 Update – Our December Checklist

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Dec 02, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LittleBigPlanet 2 compilation

December is here, and LittleBigPlanet 2 is right around the corner – so we’re putting together our own little checklist to make sure we’re ready for the big launch on January 18th.

Final Box Art and Collectors Edition Packaging – Done

LBP2: Special Edition Box LBP2: Collectors Edition Box

ESRB Rating – Done

E rating - LBP2

Online Servers – Almost Done

Final phase testing this month. New invites go out next week. BTW, we’ve updated the online beta to test the new ‘voice recording’ features, so check out this handy tutorial from Moleynator @ Sackinima

FREE LBP2 PSN Demo – Prepping for PlayStation Store on 12/22

Sackboy holding controller

Kevin Butler TV spot – In the Editing Phase

KB sketch

In-store Displays – Done

LBP2: In-store displays

Sackboy Costume – Done

LittleBigPlanet Costume

Holiday Wrapping Paper – Done

LBP2 wrapping paper

There’s a ton more on our list, but let us know if we’ve missed anything (of if you have any ideas…)

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ sonni-kukko on December 3rd, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

can you get collectors edition from game stores without pre ordering?

+ TwinDad on December 3rd, 2010 at 10:41 am said:

@sonni

Mark said there was a cap on the number produced and that pre-orders are reaching that magical number. I would say it’s not likely, but it is possible you might find them sold at stores that don’t take pre-orders.

+ Excalibur0123 on December 3rd, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

Ok now that you’ve told us this wheres the post about the LBP2 Week 1 and the Space suit?

+ Kirkpad on December 3rd, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

No offense, but I still expect community breaking features. The pins don’t seem to do anything, and the best way to access the community levels is from the website. Why can’t the functionalities of the website be put in game instead of us having to use a computer or quit LBP just to access the website. This is even worse than the NEWS PAGE WHICH IS STILL IN LBP1 AND HASN’T CHANGED FOR A YEAR.

Can you see why I would expect pointless features in LBP2 when there were unfixed features in LBP1, which were completely ignored in place of Disney DLC?

+ Lucky13X on December 3rd, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

LBP Beta invite and free collector’s edition copy sent to my home address – Hopefully in progress…. ;-)

+ jowife1993 on December 3rd, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

If they really want to have us make GAMES they should add a Save Progress function to levels.

+ symmetryinmotion on December 3rd, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

Hmmm . . . Christmas wrapping paper for a game that was supposed to come out before Christmas but . . . but . . . . it just makes me sad :(

+ iTofuMan on December 3rd, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

I know its kinda late, but does anyone know if we can still pre-order Collectors Edition of this game at like Gamestop or something? I really want that Sackboy Plushie, plus all the goodies that come with the CE.

Thanks!

+ packy17 on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:27 pm said:

@208

I preordered just yesterday from Amazon. Check the Gamestop website. Since you get all preorder DLC anyway, it doesn’t really matter where you do it at.

+ MileStone1 on December 3rd, 2010 at 7:49 pm said:

Hey, this game is really Awesome… i wish i had the beta :-( i dont know why i didint get it, they said the most active people will get it.. and i played it from the realease well not excatly on it… but i played LBP a LONG time… i had so much plans to do in it… i almost got it from my mates mate… but he gave it to his mate grr… Anyway i cant wait for january 25th if thats the date… By the way… can you mark think about giving me Beta? pweeez so bad.. i wont wase it. i bet ill be playing it day and night :P well maybe not if i dont get it. Do not think im making you to give me it. im just saying i realllly want it.

Oh the sacky word this comment took alot of space O.O. oh while im here, DyfanH PLZ ADD MEEE!! Lol, Bye bye sackfolks.oh yeah one more thing, when i grow up i wanna work for MM. i dunno maybe err level designer or a guy for sum cool ideas? my brain is flooded with them. urgh…

+ MileStone1 on December 3rd, 2010 at 7:55 pm said:

Hey mark, you wernt writing on the pages 3 n 4 welll mostly, are you ok man?

+ LJ94 on December 3rd, 2010 at 8:31 pm said:

Hey will LittleBigPlanet2 have a midnight release or is that up to the stores?

+ ffrulez on December 3rd, 2010 at 9:33 pm said:

I love LittleBigPlanet. I cannot wait for the enormity and epicness of this game.

+ Technageek on December 3rd, 2010 at 10:00 pm said:

I so loved the first game. (my first platinum trophy) 2 looks even better. The wife the children and myself are looking forward to it.

+ MileStone1 on December 4th, 2010 at 5:05 am said:

I think Mark is currently BRB XD

+ fruitsalad01 on December 4th, 2010 at 6:18 am said:

What all will the beta feature? I mean, is it a few levels, or online, or what? Great job! LBP2 is going to look amazing. I am also not sure if I understand this right, so will the LBP1 DLC be in LBP2?

+ korky0429 on December 4th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

is this in 3D?

+ digitalman123 on December 4th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

@217: No. Mark already said so.
I’m actually okay with that. When I got the Sly Collection, I found out I can’t use 3D with it ’cause I don’t have a 3D TV. ANGER!!

+ tman596 on December 4th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Well, I was looking forward to the 1st cover art. When 1st saw the new one I immediatly hated it. But, I know I’ll get used to it.

+ Moleynator on December 4th, 2010 at 6:54 pm said:

@People talking about 3D

I talked to Alex Evans 2 months ago and he said they might make a 3D game. The problem is he can’t actually see 3D so he would have to ask other people if his programming was working right! :p

He said they might do one anyway, but it wont be LBP. Sorry hopefuls! :/

+ omgmonkeybanana on December 4th, 2010 at 11:46 pm said:

I CAN’T WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY!!!!!!!!
I’m so glad my birthday is in December x3…all kinds of cool games come out! :D

+ VGExplorers on December 5th, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

I want this game so bad I am saving up to preorder the Collectors Edition. I hope I get the beta because I want to know the know the basic feel and look of the game.

But there is one and only one thing I’m worried about,
lag. Online lag, the prequel suffered from it and I couldn’t play Couch Co-Op on an online level without lag.
My friend moved a while back and he still plays LBP1. I want to be able to play LBP2 with him across the state without lag, 25-30 FPS would be perfect.

+ solidejake on December 5th, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

If I may suggest some things as an LBP2 Beta alumni myself:

YouTube Integration: Sony made it possible over a year ago to record videos in-game, and export them to your hard drive, or to YouTube, that would interest many people.

Quality picture exporting: Meaning, when I take a picture in-game, and export it to my hard drive, it’s always a smaller image than my screen. I think that you should make the image import as large as your screen at the time. I use HDMI, so if the image were to fit my screen, that would be appreciated. Same with the video if you decide to do that.

Picture importing: I know that this has had it’s fair-share of rumors in the last game, and possibility of legal-issues, but it’s more possible that copyright infringements would be made now that we can do voice acting. So importing pictures from our hard drive would be nice, considering my pod is so bland!

+ solidejake on December 5th, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

Part 2
Twitter/Facebook integration: More and more people are doing this as well. Your actions are sent to Facebook & Twitter.

Exporting music from LBP2: Meaning, if we make a song in LBP2, would it be okay to ask that you convert it to .MP3 or other formats? I can make great songs inside there.

Lastly; USB Keyboard (piano) compatibility: I am getting a MIDI USB keyboard soon, and it would be very nice if I were able to plug that in my PS3 and use it in LBP2.

Thank you.

+ pm41224 on December 5th, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

I can recall that I AM a fan of LittleBigPlanet!

PS: On January 18, 2011, I will buy LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector’s Edition, and included with the LBP2 BD is a free downloadable copy of Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves!

+ AltoBoy55 on December 5th, 2010 at 3:02 pm said:

Mm, I know these aren’t the kind of comments you want on this but please read on. I am a 13 year old boy and my mom was diagnosed with brain cancer in april, shortly after my baby brother was born. She has been having siezures ever since and things seem to be getting worse. Little Big Planet is my life and I play as often as I can. Could you please help me get the Beta for LBP2? Lachy_Stone has already said that since he is a PS+ user if he gets it he’ll give me the code but I heard that the chances are slim for most people. Please send me the beta so that I will have something to occupy myself with until January, thanks.

+ pm41224 on December 5th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

As stated, MM said that not all PlayStation Plus subscribers can get it.
PS: THERE ARE NEW INVITES COMING THIS WEEK!

+ pm41224 on December 5th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

@solidekale
There is no mention of the USB keyboard compatibility at this time.
But good news is, you CAN export .mp3 music onto LBP2!
I don’t know if there will be any Twitter/Facebook integration but we’ll wait and see…

+ Warningdontread on December 5th, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

im gonna pre-order the collectors edition and the wrapping paper is so cool can my collectors edition can come already wrapped up =)

Is the collectors edition come to Honduras that is in Central America?

And I have a suggestion can you make something show the connection,sometimes i really want to see how my internet is.

+ Tomm4118 on December 5th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

@JAM_GAM
Thanks for agreeig with me. Glad to know I’m not the only one who doesn’t like the new collectors cover. As an artist, I agree with your comment about letting the public decide what’s best. When you have two different designs, you need a seconnd oppinion before you present it to the public.
I really wish we could of voted for the winning cover. What is it about the over use of the colors blue and neon grean that turns me off so much. I wonder if its all part of the PS Move Theme?

+ digitalman123 on December 5th, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

@224: Prehistoric Moves is free with CE? Now I REALLY hope I get Move for Chirstmas.

+ pm41224 on December 5th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

@digitalman123

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves does come in LBP2 standard edition and LBP2 collectors edition!

+ pm41224 on December 5th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

No offense but Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves is free with BOTH version of LittleBigPlanet 2!

@230 I already have the PlayStation Move motion controller.
ITS AWESOME!!!

+ digitalman123 on December 5th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

@232: Good to know! Thanks for the advice! Nice to know there’s a game for the Move I want besides Eyepet.

+ randomkid123 on December 5th, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

must get little big planet 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Rike123 on December 5th, 2010 at 7:09 pm said:

This is the only beta ive ever actually wanted but of course im not going to get it D:
Beta- I wish

+ k1llabeastie on December 6th, 2010 at 2:53 am said:

Why is the EU Collectors Edition without doll and game cases?

I’ve been looking forward to the first edition for so long and now it’s gone… :(

+ digitalman123 on December 6th, 2010 at 5:09 am said:

@236: Keep in mind Mm is in London. What’s in the EU CE?

+ digitalman123 on December 6th, 2010 at 5:10 am said:

@235: Ditto, but I was in AC Brotherhood beta, a nd I’m not complaining. That was fun.

+ digitalman123 on December 6th, 2010 at 6:03 am said:

@237 aka me: I’ve got a pre-order on the US CE, so I dunno what’s in the EU CE.

+ digitalman123 on December 6th, 2010 at 6:10 am said:

@161: Yes, but the max quantity is reaching that magical number.
@200: January 18, 2011.

+ Rike123 on December 6th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

@240 the EU CE gets everything in the US CE except for the plush doll and the book ends

+ zBaH- on December 6th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

Are u sending the ps+ beta to are hotmail or ps3?

+ makyengo on December 6th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

This will be a day one purchase for me! I hope I’ll be able to get a CE version of the game.

+ Frodude64 on December 6th, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

You HAVE to make a “Sack Lunch” costume! His body would be a brown paper bag and he would have a sandwich on his head with the little olive-on-a-toothpick thing in his head!
LBP 1 and 2 FTW!!!

+ Frodude64 on December 6th, 2010 at 9:09 pm said:

LBP 2 Collectors edition comes with…Jack,Daxter, Ratchet, and Clank. Cool! Wait….where’s Sly Cooper and the gang?

+ CardiacChick113 on December 7th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

did the beta invites go out yet? i heard rumors it came out on the 5th of december..do i have to click on both notification preferences on my account to get the email for the invite? im a ps plus subscriber

+ foodlionslave on December 7th, 2010 at 8:15 pm said:

I got an e-mail tonight with a voucher code for a free copy of Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves. I’m not a PS+ member but the e-mail was sent because someone (Media Molecule,Playstation??) considers me a dedicated LBP fan. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Now all I have to do is go buy the PS Move & I’m all set. Come on January 18th.

+ foodlionslave on December 7th, 2010 at 8:19 pm said:

2 more things to add.

Not bummed now, see @194. Is there going to be a day 1 launch costume like it was for the 1st LBP. That would be awesome. You could just re-release the old one.

+ Excalibur0123 on December 7th, 2010 at 8:47 pm said:

@249
and just slap a green tree with a 2 on the side I think not. Lets try for a new LBP2 Week 1 Shirt and or Space Suit

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6