PS4 - Destiny

Resistance 3 Gameplay Trailer to Debut at the VGAs

Marcus Smith's Avatar + Posted by Marcus Smith on Dec 02, 2010 // Creative Director, Insomniac Games

I wanted to stop by and give you an update about what’s been going on over the last couple of months. You may remember the live-action trailer that we revealed during GamesCom to formally announce Resistance 3. We’re very excited to reveal that we will be following that up with a new trailer, premiering exclusively during the Spike Video Game Awards (Saturday, December 11th in the States, check your local listings for time and network if you’re outside the US).

The trailer continues the live action experience, showing live-action snippets of three moments in the game, while also bringing you your first glimpse of actual gameplay from Resistance 3. Check out a teaser for the trailer below:

We hope this continues to help set the tone that Resistance 3 represents, so stay tuned for the show next week…

PAGE 1 2 3

+ IISanitariumII on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

You guys know how to make someone happy. Whoop!

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

We do our best. :-)

+ reson8er on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

CANNOT WAIT! R3!!

+ IISanitariumII on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

It seems to me that once again Resistance is set in a lifeless inviroment. More like a wasteland. I can’t wait.

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

You might be surprised, in this installment we want you to encounter various groups of survivors, so while overall, yes, the country is a wasteland, you’ll be running into different groups across the country.

+ rltonin on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Can’t wait to see, R2 wasn’t perfect at all, but two years in development must have turned Resistance into a beast franchise. Let’s hope I’m right.

+ Draicus on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

I give this post five red squares… OF AWESOMENESS.

*backslap*

+ BlooodyCow on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Hell yeah…..that all

+ xX-PEIN-Xx on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

YESSS!!! I can’t wait to see gameplay footage, I’m really excited for Resistance 3 and I support Insomniacs 3 year development cycle plan

+ bluefire132 on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

About time! very happy to see this.

+ CartBlanche on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

Only played R1, loved the R2 beta, but wasn’t sure whether to get R2? Any compelling reasons to get R2 and eventually R3?

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

Cause R2 is cheap as a greatest hit, has some amazing set-pieces and a great story, and with online co-op and multiplayer is a huge bang for your $30?

+ Aggie_CEO on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

as long as the weapon wheel comes back….I’m happy!!!

as much as R2 got ragged on, I will miss that mode of Co-op….but I understand why they axed it….
cant wait for the game tho!!

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

Weapon wheel is back yo!

+ Shacojin on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

Get me into the Beta!

+ Zezzler on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

I really hope that this is as awesome as the trailer looks.

+ ajwilson55 on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Very excited about R3! Heard some rumors on the storyline and it sounds like Earth has its hands full with the Chimera.

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

You can say that again

+ alok893 on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

Is this game the exclusive ps3 reveal?

+ JKar275 on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

I’m very upset that the separate 8-player online co-op mode in R2 will not be in R3. I sincerely hope that Insomniac either reconsiders this decision. Would it be possible to have this type of game mode as DLC?

Also, I’m upset that there will be no vehicles that we can drive/fly in the campaign.

+ Kamiboy on December 2nd, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

Live action was cool in the early 90′s, as pre-rendered was in the late 90′s. Today anything that has not direct correlation to the factual experience of playing said title is rather meaningless if you ask me.

But then no one did to begin with, so those two relics seem to still be kicking around.

+ DarkONE on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

Hopefully the multiplayer is more like R1. – Better graphics(Seems like more games look like ps2 than ps3 now) – Also I hope they took out the whole “perk” thing and brought back Chimera heat sensor. Note: not every shooter needs perks.

+ boneyardweller89 on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

Hell yeah! Resistance is my favorite game! I’m so Pumped for this!

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

Hope you like it, let us know what you think!

+ Carl-G on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

Will it have 4 player split-screen off-line mode with bots???? Why hasn’t anyone done that this gen for? Hmm…

Looking forward to R3 tho :P

+ remanutd5 on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

live action experience? come on i want to see gameplay video not more live action

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

It’s a combination – this extends the Cologne trailer, while also providing gameplay.

+ Skater_Ricky on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

Going to go Set my DVR for this.. Be right back

+ ryuuk on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

That would be nice if it was a movie :-)

+ Dragun619 on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

Awesome, Can’t wait!

Gonna have to actually watch the vga’s.
Will there be a beta for R3?

+ ZalAamir on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

the first teaser was live action, this one is a combination of live action and gameplay..

…will Resistance 3 have live action cutscenes? o.0

or is this merely for promotional usage?

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

Promo. Mood setting. Cinematics in the game are using the game assets.

+ mew_frenger on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

cant wait to see R3. do u know if they will stream this show online?

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

It should be posted online the next day or so.

+ Axecution on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:41 am said:

Well as long as there’s in-game footage as well, im happy. :D

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

THIS GAME BETTER HAVE 2-4 CO-OP FULL CAMPAIGN!! MEANING THE WHOLE STORY..JUST LIKE R1 ..ITS TOO AWESOME TO JUST PLAY BY YOURSELF..AND SOMETIMES EVEN TOO DIFFICULT.THIS GAME IS AMAZING AND TO NOT BE ABLE TO NJOY IT WITH MY BUDDIES AND FAMILY MEMBERS.IM SURE THERES ENUFF TIME TO IMPLIMENT THAT FEATURE IN THIS GAME. SO PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE DO THIS AND I GAURENTEE THIS GAME WILL BE SOLD OUT IN HOURS..BUT YEAH..THANKS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! CANT WAIT TO SEE THE TRAILER..IM PRETTY SURE I WONT BE DISSAPOINTED

+ Rhino136 on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

I’m not a fan of Spike’s VGAs and I wasn’t gonna watch but now I must because I love Resistance!!!!

+ DainBramage on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

You know as much as I like Resistance there isn’t really anything in the world that can get me to watch that joke of a show called the VGAs. It’s like a combination of the Gong Show, the Bozo Show, BET Uncut videos, and X games commercials into one non-sensical stupid mess.

I will be looking at the trailer online so yay internet.

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

The VGAs have improved a lot over the years. It’s a really big and fun show for gamers. Maybe give it another chance?

+ remanutd5 on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

good to know James but i hope the gameplay part wont last 5 seconds , i really want to see gameplay video no more action trailers

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

Don’t worry, there will be a good mix of gameplay, we don’t want to disappoint

+ Slayer_8907 on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:49 am said:

Nathan Hale is dead right? I mean… he got **SPOILER** shot in the freakin face right?? Who are we gonna be playing as? and **SPOILER** The freaking Earth and Moon were both blown to hell… how and when is this taking place? before all that?

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

SPOILERS******* *(Hale is dead) **********spoiler

R3 takes place in 1957. Joseph Capelli is the main protagonist.

+ nikrel on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

I love the Resistance story line, I don’t want to give anything away so if anyone hasn’t played this series yet give it a try, the story alone is worth playing it. The gameplay is pretty awesome too but for me if a game has no story but great gameplay then it’s a bust for me.

I can’t wait for the Resistance 3 gameplay, the Live trailer seemed more survival than the other games.. can’t wait thanks so much Insomniac!

+ Slayer_8907 on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

I am freaking out over here btw… I’m soooo freaking stoked!!! I FREAKING LOOOOVE THE RESISTANCE GAMES!!!!

+ BLEACH-Fan on December 2nd, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

Cannot wait to see this love the first 2, R&C all 4 One and Resistance 3 in 1 year 2011 gonna be a great year for you guys ill def be getting both :)

+ SmokeAdellic on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

Im getting this because its in my hometown St.Louis………DEATH MATCHES UNDER THE ARCH!!!
Please make it happen…….

+ loadstone007 on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

Hoping for campaign co-op to make an awesome return.

+ Rhino136 on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

@SmokeAdellic
Haha you just got me thinking, I’m from San Antonio and a last stand at the Alamo would make me happy.

+ pantsmith on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

I smell co-op!

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

Campaign co-op, both split-screen and online, is in the game!

+ remanutd5 on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

wow James thats very good news splitscreen and online co op !!!!!! nice !!! just 2 people can play the story ? anyways very good news !!!

+ beastbarbour on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

cant wait for this game really am excited to be able to hop in the action again if theres any collectors edition coming yall will be having my money, Thank yall for ur continued support to the playstation family and working with Sony to bring awsome games to the PS3.
Keep it up guys

+ Zinacef on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

Are we going to see any characters from the first one, e.g. Captain Rachel Parker?

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

Not directly as those folks are in Europe, but fans who search around might find some clues as to what’s up with the rest of the global resistance.

+ JKar275 on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

@James: Will we be able to fight underwater enemies (Kraken, Furies, etc.) while we’re underwater ourselves.

Note: we were able to do this in Resistance: Retribution.

+ CF3esBestia on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

What about a PSP verison down the line? Or one for the PSP2(yeah we know it exists)

+ James Stevenson on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

We’re totally focused on PS3 games right now — Sony Bend took on the PSP game Resistance: Retribution. So that’s probably a better question for the Sony folk.

+ Agent_Muffinman on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

That Insomniac is a pretty cool guy. eh makes a non-fail alein shooter and doesn’t afraid of anything.

+ BLEACH-Fan on December 2nd, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

Will we ever find out what happened to James Grayson did he end up like Hale??

+ srmej on December 2nd, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

WOW R2 was the best I love the online multi-player as you and your friends go through the areas doing missions. Is that going to be back in R3. Also you guys ROCK dont stop the resistance franchise it is the best. Insomniac keep bringing us these great games to us you are much appreciated.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on December 2nd, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

I’ll be watching!

+ ryker_362 on December 2nd, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Resistance 2 was a blast to play with friends, but it gets hectic from time to time. Any news on how the multiplayer will be, this time around?

Also can you please tell the guys at Insomniac Games to make the shotgun a bit more powerful? lol it takes around 7 regular shots to get someone. Just a little suggestion

+ Slayer_8907 on December 2nd, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING READY FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU INSOMNIAC!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thank you James for the heads up on who the main character is, quite a relief to know ^_^

+ Destiny89 on December 2nd, 2010 at 12:09 pm said: