PS4-The Order

Help Unlock a Map in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam – The Battle for Hastings

Eduardo Vasconcellos's Avatar + Posted by Eduardo Vasconcellos on Dec 03, 2010 // Community Manager, Bioware

On December 21, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam will arrive on the PlayStation 3 with the low, low cost of $14.99, adding some great new gameplay to an already fantastic shooter. You may already know that this expansion comes with new weapons, new vehicles, and four new maps, but what you may not know is that one of the most popular maps from 2004’s Battlefield: Vietnam will also be included in the bundle.

The fifth map, Operation Hastings, will add a new avenue for PlayStation gamers to show their superiority on the Battlefield featuring everything that makes BFBC2 Vietnam amazing: tanks, Jeeps, temples, boats and helicopters all in an environment featuring a distinctive bridge that separates the map into two main areas. Though, it’s not as easy as all that. It’s entirely up to you to unlock this fifth map.

To unlock Operation Hastings, we’ve decided to start up a new community challenge for all of our fans dubbed The Battle for Hastings. To unlock Operation Hastings, our entire audience will need to perform 69 million team actions within Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. While this sounds like a daunting task, we’re sure our PlayStation 3 fans can handle it, as these actions include resupplies, revives, heals, spots and repairs, allowing for plenty of avenues to achieve this goal.

BFBC2 Battle of Hastings Vietnam DLC BFBC2 Battle of Hastings Vietnam DLC

Get ready to jump back into the Battlefield on December 21, and we’ll be counting the support actions until you unlock Operation Hastings for the entire world to enjoy.

40 Comments

+ wocyob on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:04 am said:

im guessing its only when you play in these new maps that the points count?

+ digitalman123 on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:05 am said:

PSN?

+ Butters360 on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:21 am said:

Awesome! Great video.

+ Raz256 on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:40 am said:

@wocyob
It says in the blog both bad company 2and veitnam. Look forward to playing the expansion pack. Well worth the 15 dollars. I think I’ll spend the extra 10 dollars to finally get the on slaught mode.

+ fathead170 on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:47 am said:

this is great i love these challenges keep things interesting expecially since this doesnt add any single player would of been nice to maybe expand on the storey and make more use of these vietnam era weapons/maps. but i understand dice is always on a race vs time to complete things example no more add on content to best selling downloadable game battliefield 1943 :( add ons to battlfeild bad company one and the only half the crew effort of online to medal of honor u have my 100 percent support on any battlefield that being said please step it up an add more depth and compelling moments!

+ nikrel on December 3rd, 2010 at 7:00 am said:

Can’t wait I’m a huge BC2 fan!

+ jacob-813 on December 3rd, 2010 at 7:35 am said:

Wish I could have bc2.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on December 3rd, 2010 at 7:38 am said:

i bought yesterday the ultimate BFBC2 edition.
im very happy whit this news.

+ wocyob on December 3rd, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

@Raz256

wow dont know how i missed that

+ Arcadian_Rebel on December 3rd, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

This game needs more modes! More variety! :(

+ poodude on December 3rd, 2010 at 7:57 am said:

I love these types of challenges.

+ utopianacht on December 3rd, 2010 at 8:10 am said:

fun for sure..

+ Hooligantuan on December 3rd, 2010 at 8:31 am said:

Whoever designed this bit of marketing deserves a raise.

“Help” appeal for the win.

+ marlyt on December 3rd, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

PAYBACK MUTHER F***ER!!! Epic!

+ marlyt on December 3rd, 2010 at 8:36 am said:

Does the unlockable map, Hastings, support like 64 players, or at least more than a standard map? It looks huge and sometimes I feel I have to look forever for someone to frag. I realize war is not simply people lining up to be shot, but…you know what I mean?

+ PunchoThaBoss on December 3rd, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

Best FPS this year!

+ jonesoda on December 3rd, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

I enjoyed BFBC2, Not as much any more, But I did love BF 1943 to death, I am very excited for Vietnam definitely a buy here!

+ JKar275 on December 3rd, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

I’m enjoying BFBC2 but I have a friend who plays the Recon class & he says that most of the bullets that successfully hit enemies fail to do any damage. Is this a known problem with this game?

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on December 3rd, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

So excited for this. The new maps you guys recently released are awesome too! Thanks for resparking my interest in the game.

+ sk8rjason on December 3rd, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

So awesome I can’t wait!

+ neostardust on December 3rd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

Best DLC this year, and biggest one for any game as far as I’ve seen, can’t wait for this for sure.

+ MattyPHATty on December 3rd, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

I’ve been uber excited for this to come out and it is now in less than 3 weeks!! Keep up the good work guys! Day one purchase for me, maybe a discount for all them PS+ subscribers? Just a thought, I’m buying regardless.

+ mikedo2007 on December 3rd, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Oh this is going to be quite interesting.

+ DonCalzone21 on December 3rd, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

I have been looking forward to BFBC2: VIETNAM more than I was BLACK OPS. I cannot wait to play this!!!

*PROUD PS+ MEMBER*

+ scooter1265 on December 3rd, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

@digitalman123

It’s an expansion pack for Battlefield Bad Company 2. Out on 12/21/10 for $14.99 on the PlayStation Store.

Try reading the article before commenting.

+ Spinout209 on December 3rd, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

It’d be awesome if PSN+ got this for free! *hint hint*

+ MetalGearCrysis on December 3rd, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

$15… I’ll pass.

+ bowman151 on December 3rd, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

I call dibs on the all-powerful tuk-tuk vehicle. It will dominate the battlefield. Can’t wait.

+ SpeedRacer1955 on December 3rd, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

This is like BF: 1943 and unlocking the Carrier Map by getting a specific amount of games played or something like that… Yeah that Tuk-Tuk looks like and explosive icon…

+ footballrule on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:23 pm said:

Looking doo, but will this be enough to pull people (Myself) away from Call Of Duty: Black Ops (And for 360: Halo Reach?) Hopefully this is really packed full of content and game modes.

+ Skater_Ricky on December 3rd, 2010 at 8:27 pm said:

That Video was awesome.. Enjoyed the last part of he vid ;)

+ Hooligantuan on December 3rd, 2010 at 8:45 pm said:

The best FPS this year is MAG.

It’s a shame you guys aren’t playing it.

+ kriegrWAR on December 3rd, 2010 at 11:36 pm said:

Do you have to have the regular battlefield bad company 2 to play the new vietnam?

+ ryker_362 on December 4th, 2010 at 5:41 am said:

The expansion pack looks amazing! I love the gritty, grimy look to the battlefield. Can’t wait for this to come out!

+ backhawk124 on December 4th, 2010 at 8:31 am said:

come one, guys! let’s go unlock the map! 69 x 10^6 is quite easy for the PS family

+ war666legion on December 4th, 2010 at 8:44 am said:

hi im new to ps3 and xbox 360 is pissing me off with my BFC2 and it constantly freezes so im going to ps3 and getting BFBC2 and the vietnam expansion of course the ps3 won’t allow me to cross game party chat but oh well cause all my freinds on xbox are mean.

+ footballrule on December 4th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

@32 I don’t agree. It was a nice idea wih 256 players and man was it super fun when I was in the Beta, but it needed single player. Whats going to happen to MAG after it loses even more players? It’s too hard to get in a game as it is, and everyone knifes which isn’t very fun. :/

+ YOUR_BLOCKED2 on December 4th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

hey i need help i got EU version bc 2 and i want the new dlc but i cant get EU psn cards so what if i buy US dlc will it work? thx

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on December 6th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

@YOUR_BLOCKED2

No! It’ll NOT work.
try to call ebgames and ask for EU PSN card.
i’m sure they have somes.

+ CocoLoco29 on December 10th, 2010 at 7:23 am said:

that map is easy as pie to get