PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

ModNation Monday: Award Nominations and a DLC Extravaganza!

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Dec 06, 2010 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

ModNation Mondays

This is a big week in ModNation as we score two more award nominations and release a ton of DLC goodness.

ModNation Racers Nominated in IGN’s Best of 2010 Awards

Best of 2010

MORE NOMINATIONS!

On top of our VGA nominations, we were very excited to see ModNation nominated for “Best Competitive Multiplayer” and “Best Quick Fix” games of the year.

While you’re at it check out IGN’s PlayStation 3 Holiday Buyers Guide. At $39.99, ModNation Racers is a great holiday value.

New Mods and Karts!

Mall Santa Mod and Sleigh Available Tomorrow

ModNation Racers PS3: MallSanta

It’s not Santa. It’s MALL Santa! This Santa isn’t very merry so careful when cutting him off. His sleigh (and his breath) packs a punch!

Mall Santa Includes:

• Fake Beard
  • Santa Hat
  • Santa Jacket
  • Santa Pants
  • Santa Boots
  • Santa Belt

Sleigh Kart:

• Sleigh Body
  • Presents Engine

You can purchase Mall Santa and Sleigh Kart on the PSN tomorrow separately for $.99 each or as a pack for $1.75.

Super Mod and Kart Swoops in Tomorrow

ModNation Racers PS3: SuperMod

ModNation gets its very own superhero this holiday. Outfit your own creations with his exclusive accessories.

Super Mod

• Super Mod’s Belt
  • Super Mod’s Mask
  • Super Mod’s Shirt
  • Super Mod’s Pants
  • Super Mods Gloves
  • Super Mods Boots

Super Mod’s Kart

• Atlas Body
  • Futuristic Wheel

You can purchase Super Mod and Kart on the PSN tomorrow for $1.99

Sly Cooper Mod and Kart Finally Arrive!

ModNation Racers PS3: Sly

ModNation Racers PS3: Sly Kart

Starting tomorrow, Sly and his muscular Kart can be purchased as a bundle from the PSN for $2.49. The Sly Collection is in stores now!

December Only: ModNation 8 Pack Winter Bundle

Only for the month of December starting tomorrow, get four Mods and four karts for one low price!

ModNation 8 Pack Winter Bundle

ModNation Racers PS3: Winter Pack

Only for the month of December, and starting December 7th, get four Mods and four Karts for one low price! Score Mall Santa and his speedy Sleigh, the post-apocolyptic Nukular and his Mauler Kart, Lil’ Tinker and his Soapbox Kart, and Mouse Trap and his Cheesy Kart. It’s winter steal so grab it before the end of the year.

All Mods and Karts come with parts and accessories that you can use for your own ModNation creations.

Offer ends January 4th, 2011.

Holiday Pack Available

ModNation Racers PS3:  Holiday

Add some Holiday spirit to your tracks with the Holday Pack ($4.99 on PSN).

ModNation Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handiwork on the PlayStation.Blog.

With the release of all the new parts packs, we want to see your tracks with those new props in them.

Mod of the Week
Mod Name: Novacayne
Creator: villain29

ModNation Racers PS3: NovacayneModNation Racers PS3: Novacayne 2

Comment: Awesome creation! Looks like a space marine to me.

Kart of the Week
Kart Name: Ace of Diamonds
Creator: DeadCell34

ModNation Racers PS3: Ace

Comment: Name says it all!

Track of the Week

If you have a video(s) of your track submit them to MNR’s YouTube channel, ModNation@Playstation.Sony.com, and we will include them in the blog if your track is showcased.

Track Name: Elite Festival
Created by: RockToonz

ModNation Racers PS3: Elite Carnival

ModNation Racers PS3: Elite Carnival 3ModNation Racers PS3: Elite Carnival 2

RockToonz says: This Track is a Thanksgiving gift for the ModNation community. The new Carnival props are awesome, and I think only the ticket boot prop is not included in my track. If you want a Bowling Game this is the track for you! This is very good for action races hope you like it all.

Ramone says: This track makes great use of the carnival pack and really has the feel of a state fair. The track is so awesome it’s in the Hot Lap Roster this week as well.

Track Name: Drillbit’s Const. Yard
Created by: Manlius 10A

ModNation Racers PS3: Drill Bit

ModNation Racers PS3: Drill Bit 2ModNation Racers PS3: Drill Bit 3

Manlius 10A says: In celebration of my track Wildcard’s Stadium making track of the week this week, I decided to submit my second track of the stunt series. This is another simple yet fun track that offers plenty of earthen jumps, intersection points, traps, and mod bots without being cluttered. Last I checked this track had a solid five stars in-game (after a good amount of plays and downloads as well), so this may be my best track yet! Enjoy!

Ramone says: Manlius 10A’s Wilcard Stadium track was awesome enough that we decided to put another one of his creations in the track showcase for this week. Make sure to check out Drillbit’s Construction Yard, it’s another well balanced track and the traps are a nice touch.

Hot Lap Roster for This Week
Continuing with the trend we started weeks ago, this week’s Hot Lap roster features all new community created tracks.

Monday: The Scorching Desert, by StealthReborn–
Tuesday: Aquatic World, by SergioChileno
Wednesday: Elite Festival, by RockToonz
Thursday: Garbage Wasteland!, by grey_jeep
Friday: Cargo Expedition, by grey_jeep
Saturday: Mystery Track
Sunday: Mystery Track

More news next week, until then … see you in the ModSpot!

+ DOOMkillz on December 6th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

nice!

+ vanwinkle on December 6th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

Nice, but any chance of getting rain/snow in an update at some point?

+ Kirkpad on December 6th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

Santa is either evil, or on drugs. I can’t tell.

+ aXe_MuRDeR_BoY on December 6th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

Oh c’mon! What’s the point of making the bundle three things that came out at the launch of the game, and one that comes out this week? I got an uber DLC code that unlocked EVERY pre-order bonus, and I’ve been dying to buy new stuff, but you guys just keep giving us the same stuff!

+ RockToonz on December 6th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

Yes thanks for picking my track again… i hope my other tracks will also pick… i will create another great track… Ramone again give me strength to create another track/s… thanks

Enjoy!

+ spoonTRex on December 6th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Santa and Sly look amazing! Can’t wait.

Here’s a question, because I must be missing it. I’m playing through the Sly Collection, and they’ve got a van. Why isn’t Sly’s ride a kart-ized version of the van instead of some random car with Sly’s face slapped on it? (Yes, it’s a great looking kart and the cane hood ornament does look awesome on it.) Really seems like a missed opportunity there.

+ RockToonz on December 6th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

I HOPE Modnation will WIN!! GOOD LUCK! also on VGA hehe

+ cleofans on December 6th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

Nice and all but I was hoping much like the little big planet community to get at least one free costume for the holidays.

Should be SHARE create and play ;)

+ WhiteF8ng on December 6th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

Santa looks like he’s having a “Bad Day”…

<.< See wut I did thar?

+ kivi95 on December 6th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Nice mods and carts BUT still no new theme after over 6months after relases.a winter theme or something would be cool…(Sad face)

+ Rockstarmd on December 6th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

How soon before we get a new weapon packs?

+ tigerfodder on December 6th, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

Maybe I missed it, but is the low price of the ModNation 8 Pack Winter Bundle?

+ tigerfodder on December 6th, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

Left out an important word… what is the low price of the ModNation 8 Pack Winter Bundle?

+ RichieAppel on December 6th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

Why was my creation economy crash kart covered up twice when I earned top karts?

+ reson8er on December 6th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

I really need to play this game again, it’s really fun, so many games to play atm….

+ CAPNDigital on December 6th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

One thing for Russell,
Lil’ Tinker’s Soap Box kart had an issue following a recent patch update that caused stickers to be completely shift down (out of view). Has this been corrected?

Thanks to some forum members tips I was able to FIX my Fraggle Rock kart using this kart boday and republish.

Just a heads up, in case some one Buys the holiday bundle and their Soap Box derby kart doesn’t allow them to place stickers…

Thanks for the new Kart and Mod styles…
Merry Christmas.

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on December 6th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

We didn’t know about the Soap Box issue thx for pointing that out.

+ Smbradley on December 6th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

Hey I was wondering when the tracks get picked as Track of the Week , how come they aren’t put on the hot lap roster or the top tracks in game? Just please get rid of the awful tracks unlimited drift, 100,000 point drift and the even worse Tiku Tik Mountain.

The tracks you showcase on here are awesome but many of them don’t actually get much out of it. One of mine got picked last week and it only got about 2 more downloads, I was just a little confused as to why it wasn’t on top tracks or Hot Lap.

+ maverick–07– on December 6th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

I remember way back, we were told that we would get new XP series playlists, and possibly user-made tracks making their way into XP Series/Races. When exactly is this gonna happen? I know a lot of people would really appreciate having more variety when racing some XP. And maybe other game modes for XP like racing for highest score (like in the career mode), Pure, or other brand new racing modes?

But yeah this game better win best racing game. GT5 isn’t nominated I believe, and neither is NFS (might be wrong idk) so what other racing game could win anyway?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on December 6th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Unfortunately it’s not going to happen we had hoped we could patch in the functionality but the current games framework didn’t allow it.

+ RichieAppel on December 6th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Please tell me why my kart was covered up, and not allowed to get Top Karts. Does the truth hurt that badly?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 6th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

This game is AMAZINGLY EPIC! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND THANKS FOR TAKEING THE TIME TO POST ALL THE KOOL TRACKS AND MODS YOUR TIME IS VERY APPRECIATED!

+ maverick–07– on December 6th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

@18 reply, Does that mean no user-made tracks or no new game modes? Oh well I guess, bummer :(

And it looks like NFS is nominated for best driving game on VGA’s even though that game just came out…

+ manlius10a on December 6th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Thanks for posting another one of my tracks!!

+ Dragon-Ultra on December 6th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

I agree with @2 – vanwinkle

It would be awesome to have a
DLC with weather conditions for
tracks. Snow, rain, and if possible
tornadoes, sand storms or something
else like that.

+ Elnath10 on December 6th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

OH Yes!! finally a lot a new stuff for mods and karts again :D, that’s awesome…and the carnival pack with christmas pack for tracks, going fine so far :D

Oh well.. I still have to wait to the halloween prizes to be delivered so then I can buy what I don’t have :P

Great Monday news :D

+ digitalman123 on December 6th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Cool. How much is the holiday 4-pack?

+ Lopan on December 6th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

After playing the beta back then, I haven’t gotten around to pick this game up. Is it worth it, do people like this game?

+ grey_jeep on December 6th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

Woah, thanks so much for putting two of my tracks for hotlap Ramone! I think I will try out the carnival map pack today, I’m in the creative mood :)

+ coolasia on December 6th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

Today is my birthday! YEAH!!!

+ dpremo1 on December 6th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

suggestion
1. motorcycle kart
2. make it so the hair doesnt go through the hats

+ Rockstarmd on December 6th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

Can you give us information on Weapons pack I love the game but if you guys dont starting changing up the weapons pack gonna get boring realy fast.

+ makyengo on December 6th, 2010 at 3:41 pm said:

Sweet! I can’t wait to pick up the Holiday Pack. My little brother and I play this game all the time.

+ SergioChileno on December 6th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

Thanks Ramone for picking my track “Aquatic World”. I hope the people enjoy this track. I am ever testing new ways of to make different worlds in MNR, because the possibilities of creating new tracks even though only we have still four themes, are limitless.

Actual working tracks: Beta City; Amusement Park II. :)

+ Elvick_ on December 6th, 2010 at 7:00 pm said:

Why is Sly so damn expensive? That’s ridiculous.

+ DeadCell34 on December 6th, 2010 at 7:36 pm said:

Woot! My kart is the kart of the week. I wish I had only posted one pic though, so everyone could see the top of the kart (it looks like a giant playing card).

+ MGO_Count on December 6th, 2010 at 7:51 pm said:

I love modnation :D
I just wish the “Create XP” trophy wasn’t so tediously high >_)

+ MabsterB on December 6th, 2010 at 9:48 pm said:

@34
I agree, it is a great game.
To make it fair I wish there was a “Star Racer” trophy to go along with the Star Creator trophy to balance out the Modnation RACERS moto of “RACE, Create, Share”. It makes little sense to urge people to create but not to race. The game isn’t called Modnation Creators.

+ MabsterB on December 6th, 2010 at 9:49 pm said:

Ramone,
Following up on your answer to mavericks question, what does the games framework not allow you to do? Add more tracks to XP series or add other game modes? Your answer is kinda cryptic.

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on December 6th, 2010 at 9:54 pm said:

We can do any combination of UFG tracks for XP Series but we cannot have UGC in those XP Series or XP races for that matter.

+ maverick–07– on December 7th, 2010 at 1:00 am said:

@35 Totally agree with that, maybe it doesn’t have to be 250k xp but still something. Thanks Russell for clearing that up, so perhap we can see some different UFG playlists soon for the XP Series?

Btw, funny MNR got a Most Competitive Mulitplayer award, lol they couldn’t be more right, for real. The racing on here can get pretty competitive that’s for sure

+ JAk_HAk on December 7th, 2010 at 1:26 am said:

The super mod is pretty sad, but the mall Santa is hilarious. Kudos to whoever thought of that idea.

+ phinnv8 on December 7th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

It would be nice to see another patch for this game further tweaking things. It still feels like it could use more polish and load time improvements. Perhaps even a re-release at the $40 price point with some of the DLC included to boost sales.

Great game though, keep up the good work.

+ dmg117 on December 7th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

Why does the PSP version not get any DLC? I would pay for this for the PSP version.

+ FeistFan on December 7th, 2010 at 8:44 am said:

So what’s the price on your “ModNation 8 Pack Winter Bundle?” You didn’t list it in the blog post.

+ Elnath10 on December 7th, 2010 at 7:51 pm said:

@FeistFan

I saw the package at the store.. it says 3.99

+ Underdisc on December 8th, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

Russell! =)
Modnation Racers is also a Nomination for the best racing game of 2010. It was chosen by G4TV’s show X Play. The link to the nominations is below. Check it out, and nice job.