Overwatch

Dec 06

Dec 06

PS3 System Software Update (v3.55)

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, PlayStation Network

A new PS3 system software update, v3.55, will be released soon. This is a minor update that adds a security patch.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9

evilmonkey501 said:

December 6th, 7:43 pm

Seriously guys…forget about cross game chat and party systems. ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. EVER. YOU WANT THAT? GO GET AN XBOX. The Japanese see no need for such features when they DON’T PLAY ONLINE THEMSELVES! WHY WOULD THEY MAKE IT FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD? Until it becomes an issue in Japan, they will NEVER EVER IMPLEMENT IT.

HighRule said:

December 6th, 7:43 pm

OK. I didn’t read every comment, so I’m not sure if it’s been noticed. But they did move the Netflix video under the Playstation store icon. If you have VUDU downloaded it used to be above that.

zekececil14 said:

December 6th, 7:45 pm

@146
Ha, good eye!

Butters360 said:

December 6th, 7:46 pm

@146

Yup, the Hulu Plus, VUDU and Netflix apps have been switched around.

Kirkpad said:

December 6th, 7:50 pm

@134 “load times on the ps3 should be at least 20% faster at least across the board”

You’re not a programmer, but you just assume that if you worked there that load times would be reduced? Wow, you are full of yourself.

Thanks again Sony for trying to patch up the console! I really hope that newer games REQUIRE this firmware in order to run. I don’t like seeing games that I paid for up for grabs on some piracy site.

GGCAN said:

December 6th, 7:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up Eric….updating now.

You-R-Pathetic said:

December 6th, 7:52 pm

looks like they patched out the downgrade ability implemented by the newest PSJailbreak. Looks like PSJailbreak was wrong about it being future proof.

D-Squad3 said:

December 6th, 7:52 pm

Weak

Alestes said:

December 6th, 7:53 pm

@37 & @41, full Backward Compatibility with PS2 and support for MKV video files would be lovely :)

HermesBird said:

December 6th, 7:53 pm

LAME!! Anyone else find anything else different aside from the netflix app being under the store?

kratos1984 said:

December 6th, 7:54 pm

one feature i really want to see is a cloud service for all game saves, i’m getting fed up with game saves getting locked from being able to back them up on a flash drive. my first ps3 died a year ago and i lost some of my game saves cause they couldn’t be copied. if it costs sony money to do this, than they should add it to playstation plus, that alone would be worth $50 a year in my opinion.

xxKinGjxx said:

December 6th, 7:54 pm

@145

Never say never

@146

Nice catch! There is always a secret in these updates :3

dt9394 said:

December 6th, 7:56 pm

woohooo!!!! this is one of the reason y i buy PS3! if u cant afford to buy the game, then don’t play it. :)

Haseo_Uchiha said:

December 6th, 7:58 pm

wow, just a security measure? wheres the new features?

LindaleMafia said:

December 6th, 7:58 pm

Well that took a better 40 minutes of my life and I have the fastest internet available.

TwinDad said:

December 6th, 8:00 pm

Dear Firmware hackers/pirates,

Please program a custom program for Cross game chat. That is the only way the PS3 will ever get that feature.

/sarcasm

godkiller_3 said:

December 6th, 8:01 pm

cool another update can’t wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TOP_NOCH_BIG_P said:

December 6th, 8:02 pm

WTF… 4GET THIS I WANT A USEFULL UPDATE

FRANKMAN1 said:

December 6th, 8:02 pm

Add this kind of updates to the big updates. Well who cares we NEVER get big updates

crocidile90 said:

December 6th, 8:03 pm

WOW! somuch hate for a security update so no one will get hacked or pirates stealing features. Apparently there is no troll free place on the internet.@145 then complain to them and say you will buy an Xbox or complain to the customer service and MAYBE get an AMERICAN factory and programers to build it ourselfs( as in the USAns) and to the rest of the world so Japan can’t control us, the people of the Playstation Network. And there might be some copyright issues maybe another reason for the lack of service.

polo155 said:

December 6th, 8:07 pm

Thats Right, Keep Her Locked Down! PS3 Baby!

dsltnega said:

December 6th, 8:08 pm

And this security patch does what now? Fixes the crappy connections with Black Ops and other such games? Ooops I think I just saw the ROFLcopter buzzing my head.

rec-chan said:

December 6th, 8:17 pm

sony what have you done
after patch to 3.55 at first it work fine
but suddenly i can’t connect to PSN now it said DNS error

DonCalzone21 said:

December 6th, 8:19 pm

Getting rid of OTHER OS was a very good update for this year. Im all for any firmware updates for security measures. If people would stop trying to hack the PS3 will stop doin it, we would get better updates.

Ae_Acid said:

December 6th, 8:20 pm

So I see this is the feature request thread? :P
Fat chance, but I’m asking Santa for Matroska video, FLAC, and OGG support for Christmas.

Senjutsu_Dav said:

December 6th, 8:27 pm

I’m sad… still nothing new today. I’m wondering if we’re gonna get something at all. Well, I’ll let my “news” needs under the playstation phone section, lol.

check the updates on PSP phone ;) (announed the 9th)

FRANKMAN1 said:

December 6th, 8:32 pm

For Christmas i want a REAL update

FRANKMAN1 said:

December 6th, 8:38 pm

got a error at 78% WOW

black26ss said:

December 6th, 8:54 pm

whats all going to come with this update….
it all ready do everything…..lol

ShadowOfEden said:

December 6th, 8:55 pm

Shortest post ever!

Also, #1 loves to download patches that don’t affect him.

phatso64 said:

December 6th, 8:55 pm

had no problem with update (never do) agree that if people would stop hacking sony would have time to give us real updates. HOMELINGS ROCK !!!

ShadowOfEden said:

December 6th, 8:57 pm

@164
Wtf? How could a PS3 update improve Black Ops online? Ask Treyarch for that, Sony has nothing to say on that one.

NeoMahi said:

December 6th, 9:03 pm

Sounds like Skater_Ricky needs to just go out and buy an Xbox 360. This is a PLAYSTATION 3 YOU’RE PLAYING! A quality piece of hardware, not a failing Xbox 360.

I would like the option to better organize my trophies. And get rid of games on the list that I don’t want on them. I’d like to better organize my downloaded games and content as well.

Arcadian_Rebel said:

December 6th, 9:07 pm

Thanks for the security update, Sony, but where are all the updates with content that have been on the top on the Playstation Share at? It’s been years and no major updates have been released…

BiezulbubBill69 said:

December 6th, 9:14 pm

yay!!

killmoco said:

December 6th, 9:15 pm

Why do people want cross game chat so bad. I have used it on the other console and it is not that great. If you are concentrating on a game u get distracted by friends trying to talk to u. Ill rather have some other new kind of feature.

Jeigh said:

December 6th, 9:16 pm

-_-

Well, at least… Hm, nope, I got nothin’. I’m as anti-hacker as the next guy, but maybe Sony should just be hiring the hackers to do the updates for them so we can get some decent new features rather than security updates. “Four years in prison or 200 hours of community programming- your choice.”

Dhoko_X said:

December 6th, 9:16 pm

fighting against piracy

Jeigh said:

December 6th, 9:17 pm

By the way, I’d simply like the ability to change the genre of an entire album rather than having to do each track manually. Seriously, WTH?

ltricorough said:

December 6th, 9:19 pm

damn this is the primary reason for hacks. cause the hacks are easier to deal with than to deal with updates. one hack good forever. OS good for one month and then need to update. It is the same for Blu Ray though… gotta update each time you get a new movie x.x Just remember the Alicia Keys incident where none of her CDs would play cause they put in “security” to keep people from ripping the disc.

OldKai said:

December 6th, 9:23 pm

Another wonderful update, great.

rr_713 said:

December 6th, 9:25 pm

Guys, to those of you who say it’s just an update that’s going to have more content and features. Come on, obviously in my books Sony’s doing a good job of removing the other OS option (v3.21) I mean if you want a computer, just buy a PC or a laptop. Now this security patch that’s released as we speak (v.3.55), give them more time ladies and gentlemen and if you are sick and tired of waiting for more and more content with these release versions on the PS3, then just stop whining about it!

NotoriousGamer said:

December 6th, 9:31 pm

wat the hell is wrong with sony? take a look at playstation blog share. dont make it everybody’s waste of time.

KILLZONE79 said:

December 6th, 9:40 pm

I know what the update is for but im not saying it on here

KILLZONE79 said:

December 6th, 9:41 pm

@ 151 thats what i was about to say but i wasnt sure if the at was allowed to talk on here

TomHoang said:

December 6th, 9:42 pm

I love updates, even the security ones. People really shouldn’t hack their systems.

Green-Elf said:

December 6th, 9:48 pm

Ok, I’m all for stopping pirates but why wont Sony and the rest of the tech world realize that all they are doing is keeping honest people honest?

That being said, PLEASE give me back the ability to run Linux! I bought my phat PS3 when I saw that the slim were going to loose the ability to install Linux. I bought an older, less power efficient model simply because I wanted to have the option of being able to run Linux on it.

sonofbatman said:

December 6th, 9:55 pm

WILL some one please tell what the update has in it other then a security patch. Oh yea what is the rest of the update have in it? Cause if I have to I will reformat my PS3 and say screw the updates cause I am done installing crap on my PS3 for no real reason.

mywhitenoise said:

December 6th, 9:57 pm

If you BOUGHT your console, then you should be free to do whatever you like with it.

The only reason I bought a Wii was to hack it. I’ve bought 5 PS3s so far (2 for me, 3 for members of my family). One of them wont be getting updated. There’s just no reason to keep bugging people with these “security” updates…the only thing you’re doing is bringing public awareness that the PS3 can now be hacked, and the hackers WILL find a way to outsmart you.

kgee313 said:

December 6th, 10:06 pm

I just want javascript back on the browser. :(

I miss stumbling from my sofa.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9