Driveclub

PS3 System Software Update (v3.55)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Dec 06, 2010 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

A new PS3 system software update, v3.55, will be released soon. This is a minor update that adds a security patch.

435 Comments

PAGE 1 7 8 9

+ dog4life141983 on December 8th, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

this update screw up black ops online real bad,thanks sony for screwing paying customers

+ airtoast on December 8th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

I have been waiting since November 17, 2006 to organize my purchased games and free demos alphabetically so it’s actually possible to find them quickly. Right now, I know PAIN is somewhere in the bottom-fourth of the list, Kick-Ass is somewhere in the middle, and Tecmo Bowl is somewhere in the top third.

This is insane!

WHY AM I STILL WAITING FOR THIS TINY, EASY-TO-IMPLEMENT FEATURE?!!!

ADD SOMETHING DESIRABLE IN YOUR RIDICULOUS SECURITY PATCHES!

+ NinjaPenguinDude on December 8th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

my ps3 got a pop-up thats says error code 8002f002, what does this mean and how can I fix it?

Plz help

+ Taimeko on December 8th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

I refuse to turn on my PS3 untill there is a new update. Both my brother and my friend did the v.3.55 update and they are stuck in a constant error. I dont want my ps3 bricked. sony please fix this error. I cant believe you would charge over 100$ to fix something you broke.

+ ryker_362 on December 8th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

Will there be a bigger update soon? I mean these little updates are nice, but how about an update that allows custom soundtracks?

Pretty please with ice cream on top?

+ mrshadsreds on December 9th, 2010 at 4:26 am said:

sony is only sending the update to stop you from hacking the ps3 your selfs. jailbrake softwere is being used and is real good. you can do a lot of neat stuff thanks to that. but if you upgrade you wont be able too.
things like playing back up games WHICH are much cheaper
back up films
the list can go on for ages.

+ saab01 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

I would like the following for the next update. I know others will agree with me. We really need to have an option to prefer player and avoid player for future online matches. So basically if i click on avoid i will never be paired again with that player. This is a safe haven for small online communities and i would really love this feature. Also if trophys can sync instally to the server it would be nice. And the whole time delay while comparing trophys with others it would be nice also if it could be instant so once i click compare all trophys show up with no time delay.

+ acabadao on December 9th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

My PS3 slim 250gb is impossible to acess Psstore or account management. I can play online though.

The error code is 81710092

FIX IT SONY!!!

+ neogeo81 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:30 pm said:

It’s just a security patch guys…For those of you using jailbreak or x3 max mod DONT DOWNLOAD OR YOUR MOD IS TOAST!!!! For everyone else who doesn’t care or doesn’t use the mod, go ahead and download.

+ BH-mike on December 10th, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

Hey, how about a firmware update that allows us to play some PS2 games again. Hell, charge us if you want.

+ R0n1n_76 on December 10th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

@NURADEEN – I agree 100% why not punish those that have applied the JB instead of those that have not? I have a 80GB backwards compatible PS3 and i break out in a cold sweat for every bi-weekly update that may or may not brick my system (as some updates have with older systems). if an update does fry my system is Sony going to replace it with a similar model? NO! Since I haven’t done anything wrong why is it I have to keep updating my system because of the ones that have? How about you punish and block them, not bore the rest of us with useless updates.

+ Krizzatul-UK on December 11th, 2010 at 12:11 am said:

Hmm what about cross game voice chat ??

+ BonkDeHond on December 11th, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

@R0n1n_76

There’s a simple answer. Stop updating. Stop using the network. Game offline. Oh wait. You can’t use all of the features that you paid Sony for when you bought the console. Ah well, never mind eh? Just go out and buy a new system and a new 3d TV, which will be obsolete in less than 2 years time.

+ Dottore1969 on December 11th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

Personally, and calmly I point a basic point:

Hackers (whose for the most part are of the so-called “white hat” variant) mainly want to “play” and code on everything whose has a microprocessor. Here is the issue, aptly named cell, with a bit of humour. I’m pretty sure that if exists an economical computer powered by cell many of the motivations on “jailbreaking the cell” ;) became moot. (and hackers like to customise, add bells & whistles to their Engines…) so if exists a Cell-based motherboard, I’m confident that hackers (white hat) will look to the P3 with condescension and black-hatters (a minority) is an issue Sony can handle by courts. Issues solved, I think. Opinions ?

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio M. d’ Errico.

+ kataodgg on December 11th, 2010 at 6:07 pm said:

Sony should release an update that fixes the problem with flash player, I can’t watch a online tv streaming, just sucks

+ chester_613 on December 11th, 2010 at 7:53 pm said:

Great job now are we going to get a software patch to allow the use of Adobe Flash Player 10 on the PS3 like it is supposed to? or will they give us another worth less update.

+ TBOB17 on December 12th, 2010 at 7:27 am said:

every time i sign in they told me theres a new syteme update to download 3.55 and now the systeme is coming soon what can i do to update it?

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on December 12th, 2010 at 8:27 am said:

white hat crackers….not hackers. made my lawl.
any modded people need the hammer.

+ leoncito80 on December 12th, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

When is 4.00, I guess PS3 is too delayed on its firmware

+ Murutikeya on December 12th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

I have an older model PS3 (80gb fat w/chrome trim), and this update completely jacked my system. It won’t read anything but DVDs, won’t let me log on to my account, and is just all around acting strange. At first it would let me play a game for about ten mins or so, then freeze up. After an hour or so it was gone. Upon reading these comments I’ve realized I’m not the only one experiencing these problems.

Sony, I know you guys don’t read this and probably could care less, but it would be nice if you could bust out a new update and fast. I’ve invested plenty of money on this thing and the games to go with it.

Not everyone can just throw a hundred bucks at you and feel good about it.

+ andreiv84 on December 14th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

Same here…i updated today from 3.30 to 3.55 and my 250GB PS3 won’t read anything but dvds, and now i don’t know what to do…..help pls!!!

+ jlmnitro on December 21st, 2010 at 6:05 am said:

This is sheet.
The games are very expensive, so the people use the jailbreak. I dont understant why the games are so expensive.

With this many people will go tho the xbox 360.

+ jlmnitro on December 21st, 2010 at 6:12 am said:

And, incredibli, this version are causing many problems to people, because sony have decided to protect so well the sistem, that people like me, people that spend their money on games, have problems whith the sistem.
I realy dont understand the idia of sony.
LIVE THE HACKERS AND IMPROVE THE SYSTEM.
I AND MANY OTHER PEOPLE BUY THE GAMES.

+ jlmnitro on December 21st, 2010 at 6:16 am said:

AND STOP UPGRADING THE SYSTEM.
WHEN I GO TO PLAY ONLINE, I NEED THO WAITH HOURS TO THE SYSTEM UPDATES.
IF SONY CONTINUES TO HAVE THIS ACTITUDE, ME AND BILIONS OF PEOPLE CERTANLY WILL GO TO THE XBOX

+ chiefkillemgood on December 22nd, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

if u there is a reason you have not added in game music/voice chat to ps3 please reply and tell me why. i really would like some sort of an explanation sony so plz reply!!!

+ chiefkillemgood on December 22nd, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

i want a sony official to reply plz!

+ soppyhankins on December 22nd, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

@chiefkillemgood I’m not from Sony, but there is in-game music in some games just not all. That’s because of a patent from Microsoft. Same with cross game chat. Microsoft patent. But that’s what cell phones are for. If you really need to call a friend and he’s playing something else, call them on your phone.

@jlmnitro Why would people go to XBox 360 because the games are expensive for PS3? 360 games are $60 also.

+ chiefkillemgood on December 22nd, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

thank you 4 confirming my suspicion’s soppy

+ Hokusai00 on December 25th, 2010 at 7:45 am said:

Well, security patches are all fine, I dont know why people are complaining and moaning about having a feature added constantly. I mean the whole internet/online play is completely free, and the whole plus program they have isnt needed for any online features except early access to demos, and cheaper product….so why complain about features that you want when you arent paying for them like you would for Xbox….you pay for XBox for extra features, so dont yell at sony for giving you something FREE!

+ Vaca213 on December 27th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

Happy having updates, but none of the earlier updates have fixed my ps3′s crashing while using the Internet, for it has been really annoying to have to restart the ps3.

+ gregdc11523 on December 29th, 2010 at 7:16 pm said:

May I suggest that the “Customer Service” manager and his manager that are on duty 12.29.2010 read this BLOG. Both claimed that nobody had this problem. They claimed it was my 2 year old systems hardware failing, and it just happened to be after I did the 3.55 update. “The update did not cause the problem, it was the process of updating the triggered the problem. Hardware gets old and fails. That is not the releases fault.” Well 431 people have had this problem, so either all our systems are failing at the same time, or their programmers did some bad coding.
Just send in your 99.00 and we will fix it. — I don’t think so.

+ PirateHarlock on January 1st, 2011 at 7:49 pm said:

All of the firmware downgrades this year have been one total fiasco after another. People should be fired for this. No I take that back, it started with disabling linux and illegally destroying data on thousands of systems used legally. A great number of those in sonys employ should be jailed outright.

+ ganbareD1 on January 2nd, 2011 at 1:04 am said:

thanks for the update.keep it up.stil d most powerful gaming console.

+ Kreutznaer on January 2nd, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

My PS3 is now not playing any Blu-Ray Disc, constantly crashing, and only sometimes plays the PSN games, but usually crashes at the middle of one.

+ PHILDAPHARMIST on January 3rd, 2011 at 4:51 am said:

Im trying to use my own pics instead of an avatar, Can this be done? Also when playing Need for Speed hot pursuit online i see that other racers are using their own pics instead of the avatar?

PAGE 1 7 8 9