PS4 - Transistor

Quests Added to PlayStation Rewards Program

Chris Hagedorn's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hagedorn on Dec 06, 2010 // PlayStation Rewards Team

Since the launch of the PlayStation Rewards beta, members have been benefiting from doing the things they love to do on PlayStation and progressing towards Select, Pro and Legendary. You may have even seen some of the members that have already reached a rewards tier showing off their status in the PlayStation.com forums or online via their exclusive PSN avatars.

PlayStation Rewards

When we announced the PlayStation Rewards program, we promised that it would continually be evolving. We have heard your feedback and today are excited to announce the addition of Quests to the program, which provide yet another fun way for members to participate and earn progress. Quests are PlayStation-related activities that you can complete to directly add to your progress meter.

For example, with Quests, users will earn progress for playing an eligible PlayStation Move game in the “Move It” quest, for watching PlayStation Network’s PULSE in HD on their PS3 system in the “Check Your Pulse” quest, or for visiting the Central Plaza in PlayStation Home in the “No Place Like Home” quest. Nine Quests will be released in the beta by tomorrow, and we’ll be adding crafty new quests throughout the year for your enjoyment.

We hope those of you in the program are enjoying it so far. PlayStation Rewards was made to recognize and reward members for doing the things they love – interacting with and experiencing the entertainment that PlayStation offers. As users play games, check out PlayStation Network’s original programming, review games and explore PlayStation Home, they will earn progress toward the program’s three tiers – Select, Pro and Legendary status. In addition, members of PlayStation Rewards will be eligible to win exclusive prizes and collectible memorabilia throughout the year.

When the PlayStation Rewards program becomes available to everyone in April next year, be sure to check out Quests as a fun way to get involved with all the things you love to do with PlayStation.

+ AngleofDeath696 on December 6th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

I the future are there going to be way for us to be able to earn more points?

+ Sky-Rocketed77 on December 6th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

This is great!! now everyone who can’t afford to buy stuff all the time will have a chance to rank up due this “quests” idea>

THX SONY!!

+ cuterena on December 6th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

I am excited to see more content being added to the program. I hope to see plenty more in the future. Keep up the great job!

+ ArmaK28 on December 6th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

Can’t wait to do these quests! No better way to be further rewarded for doing the things I already love to do.

+ phatso64 on December 6th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

@82 , go to portable ID and refresh . loving this addition , more Home content please … “almost Legendary” HOMELINGS ROCK !!!

+ ModeSelektor on December 6th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

O my God, this is great

+ FredNation on December 6th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

Yay!

+ SpyDudeFX on December 6th, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

Chris, do these include new rewards? They sounds fun, can’t wait to try em.

+ DonCalzone21 on December 6th, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

Love the quests idea. Im almost at PRO level not much further to go.

*PROUD PS+ MEMBER*

+ KungFuPigeon on December 6th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

When you say:-

“When the PlayStation Rewards program becomes available to EVERYONE in April next year, be sure to check out Quests as a fun way to get involved with all the things you love to do with PlayStation”

Does this mean EVERYONE in all Regions/Countries or just the US

+ OCDog45 on December 6th, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

So will i know when the quest go up or am I jsut gonna have to keep checking?

+ platanasos on December 6th, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

I have this beta and as of right now all they have done is enter my name into contest to win some dumb prizes.

+ Sky-Rocketed77 on December 6th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

and please implement the “Playstation Rewards Program” into our ps3′s

+ KISHEN_1 on December 6th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

sounds cool but 1 question…is it going to be available in OTHER countries? i knw a bunch of people whu are also wandering this

+ Elvick_ on December 6th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

This needs to come to Canada. If Nintendo can give better rewards to us Canadians then you should be able to do it too.

+ makyengo on December 6th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

This is pretty cool. I’m glad to be in this Rewards Beta right now, and I’m happy that there are going to be new ways to increase my progress bar. Thanks, Sony!

+ Zinacef on December 6th, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

Now, hopefully, my stationary bar can start moving!

+ SUPERGAMER247 on December 6th, 2010 at 4:01 pm said:

hey im signed up for ps rewards but the it barely ever shows up in the dropdown bar

+ DonGian on December 6th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

Sounds cool enough. Nice little treasure hunts to enjoy with my son who’s 6 and can’t wait for the PSN+ updates to see all the new things we get to download.

+ DNAgent on December 6th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

I really like this idea. Will the quests be updated every week or every other week?

+ Vengeance88 on December 6th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

Yeah I don’t understand that this isn’t available to Canadians. I’m paying the same as everybody else for PS+ and it’s not like you’re mailing the rewards to people. They’re digital. Very disappointed in this Sony.

+ Dhrox on December 6th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

I’m from Canada and I want a leet avatar too.

+ DarthSpooky on December 6th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

This was a VERY good idea, making it like a game.. Might actually get me into Home, but, you know, hokey pokey style, right foot in, right foot out…. Five second rule?

+ Spinout209 on December 6th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

Wow this is cool, I like this whole idea of Quests. Nice job Sony! ;)

+ SuperTiso on December 6th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

So again, what do we get for moving up in the ranks? I have yet to see any indication for all this time spent involved in this on my end to be beneficial to me.

+ RAVEN81 on December 6th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

i have played more games then most of people on here and 9.5/10 always buy ps exclusives and im not in PlayStation Rewards program . who ever is sending out beta invites is doing it wrong , there are so many people i know have more trophies and are die hard ps fans that dont have PlayStation Rewards program , and then you see some kid that has a level 6 with rewards WTF is that .

+ Sycophant on December 6th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

Not available to Canada. What a surprise… Why is this so difficult? You just keep alienating Canadian customers/players by excluding them from contests and now this.

+ ArchAngelMai on December 6th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

Been trying to get into the Beta for a while now, I am always buying stuff, and I am Plus member. Is it or closed, or is it completely random when you purchase something?

+ Keysersoze10033 on December 6th, 2010 at 5:49 pm said:

You should seriously consider adding reward points based on trophy levels. That will make the rewarding experience more game related and make the trophy system more rewarding.

+ Chaoticblaze27 on December 6th, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

I Just got upgraded to Select Today i’m looking forward to work myself up to Pro

+ NURADEEN on December 6th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

how much money did people spend to reach select?

+ mikedo2007 on December 6th, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

Can’t wait, this looks very promising. I hope it sucessful among us PS fans.

+ VGExplorers on December 6th, 2010 at 6:57 pm said:

It’s weird to me why Sony would start this, I’m not going to say you guys are cheap but, is there any profit from this or is it voluntary? Cool either way.

+ Elvick_ on December 6th, 2010 at 6:57 pm said:

Canada. Nintendo can do it [and reward us with physical goods which are better than the crap so far from this] so you should be able to get it to work too.

Hell, Disney Movie Club also has it for Canada. There’s no reason Sony Computer Entertainment America can’t do it if Nintendo of America and Disney can do it.

+ crocidile90 on December 6th, 2010 at 8:07 pm said:

I’m 134th XD

+ spideyal on December 6th, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

I honestly hope this doesn’t take away from being a Plus member.

Since I’ve seen some epic avatars with this reward system people are getting for free when I haven’t received a new avatar on Plus for a while.

I just hope this Rewards system doesn’t extend to the height of getting free games too. Who would want to pay $50 or so dollars a year for Plus when all you need to do is use this rewards system to get pretty much the same deal.

Don’t get me wrong, I love PSPlus, but this would be a bad move to leave us out.

+ Zaavan on December 6th, 2010 at 8:29 pm said:

I love it!!

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on December 6th, 2010 at 10:06 pm said:

Will this program be available in Canada in April or US only?

+ JohnLD on December 6th, 2010 at 10:15 pm said:

i just checked my playstation rewards page and the quests werent on there. when does it start to show?

+ Northstar77 on December 6th, 2010 at 10:19 pm said:

Awesome. Shows you have most definitely been listening. Thank You. This makes a huge difference in the Program. Rewards for other things than Purchases is what separates Sony and Playstation from the rest. Love it. Keep it coming.

+ JAHoE on December 7th, 2010 at 12:16 am said:

oMY/Super!_!

+ jgrizzle358 on December 7th, 2010 at 1:07 am said:

about time they let u level up for more than just spending money. I have been sitting on beginner level since launch, always hoping the next game I buy will get me to select, but no dice, and most of the ppl who have advanced have disposable income. Not all of us have that, due to crappy economy and lack of available jobs. so it’ll be nice now for us “poor people” to have ways of progressing as well. lol

+ ccanfield1 on December 7th, 2010 at 2:27 am said:

Get your Portable ID!

Wonder if I could post my ID here ?

+ letherclad on December 7th, 2010 at 4:06 am said:

I can’t wait, this sounds like a blast and I was kinda hoping rewards would do something like this.

How about rewards for earning trophies? Or even just a boost in progress for platinums.

+ xxRaziel79xx on December 7th, 2010 at 6:22 am said:

This is BS! I did the “No place like Home” quest a few times and still not a thing?! Is it me or does Sony and MS have no ideal on how to run a rewards program. Maybe they should ask Nintendo for a few tips.

+ FrozoneUSMC on December 7th, 2010 at 6:47 am said:

This clears up a lot and gives me a goal :P

+ Amnalehu on December 7th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

Will your PSR status and level be reflected on the on screen avatar when you are logged in on your PS3?

+ Amnalehu on December 7th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

I think some of the quest should also involve actual game play. Finishing a game, getting a “quest” trophy inside a game, or something along those lines that is directly related to actual game play. Win a Platinum trophy, level up, and get a platinum trophy t-shirt!

+ evil23alej on December 7th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

i knew i should have waited for this i’m already at the top and it was easy and cheap

+ Haskell420 on December 7th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

Chris, Need HELP.. Big problem for me and need help, please.

I was invited into the PS Rewards BETA, and am thrilled with it! But, here is some issues.
1. Since the BETA started, I’ve bought a load of stuff, spent a nice piece of change in Mall & PS Store. I downloaded games, demo’s, extra content etc., I’ve gone to the HOME Theater & watched the Tester 2 shows and others… but my Rewards “Progress Bar” hasn’t moved a millimeter.
- What’s the deal?

Major Issue #2. Right after I got in the PSR Beta, about a week later, my PS3 Died. So for the time it died, till i got it back, I missed out on a GOOD amount of “Rewards Earning’s”.

After I got it back, because of a family health emergency, I wasn’t able to use my PS3 for anything, until this past Saturday night. So today, my Birthday, I go to devote a large amount of the morning/afternoon to gaming & PS3 died AGAIN.

So I wanted to let you know, that because of things out of my control, I cannot get to utilize the PS Rewards current games and contests. Basically, I dont want to be penalized for not doing the normal things I do..lol..
Please Advise?