PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation vs Capcom VGAs Viewing Party this Saturday

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Dec 07, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

PSvsCapcom

Over the past few weeks, we’ve been working with our good friends at Capcom on getting PS3s down to LA for the soon-to-be-legend-wait-for-it-dary Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Food Fight. It’ll definitely be the place to be leading up to the Spike Video Game Awards on Saturday evening.

You know, the VGAs where you’re going to see the debut of the new Resistance 3 trailer (I haven’t even seen it yet), where God of War III will be contending for Game of the Year, and where who knows what other awesome things will happen? Those VGAs?

PlayStation Blog VGA 09 Meet-Up

Well, like last year, we’re holding a VGAs viewing party in LA, and you’re invited [pointing at you]. We think fun experiences are best shared with friends – friends who are picking up the tab. So we’ve teamed up with Capcom to transition their Food Fight into a viewing party for the VGAs broadcast. So please, drop by, play Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS3, eat delicious food, and watch the World Premieres* unfold among friends. Be sure to RSVP here!

What more do you need? Oh, how about the details:

Where: Kim Sing Theatre, 722 N. Figueroa Street, Downtown LA
When: Saturday, December 11 from 4pm – 8pm
Cost: FREE. I mean, come on! All ages welcome.
RSVP: On our Facebook Event page.

It’s going to be a fun event, and we’ve got lots of room, so bring the family. See you there!

*Term trademarked by Geoff Keighley

+ Djryuzaki on December 7th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

Reading the headline made me imagine what a PS vs Capcom crossover would be like. That would be so awesome haha. Ratchet and Clank vs Ryu! Jak and Daxter vs Wesker! Sly vs Nathan Drake! xD

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 7th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

I know, right? Somebody get on that!

+ Mobius2525 on December 7th, 2010 at 3:24 pm said:

Too bad i don’t live in LA.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 7th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

Don’t ever say that! Ever! :)

+ D-Squad3 on December 7th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

Wish I can be there.

+ snake4308 on December 7th, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

Why does LA get everything T_T

+ nino1911 on December 7th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

i was thinking more of kratos vs ryu :(

+ Knight613 on December 7th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

Would have loved a PlayStation vs Capcom fighting game.

+ Jeigh on December 7th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

Nice How I Met Your Mother reference.

Barney’s my hero (comedically-speaking).

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 7th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

…and he’s hosting the VGAs. It works on so many levels!

+ Surfaced on December 7th, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

Cool, and tell Capcom to make sure the PS3 version of MvC3 isn’t the inferior one like they’ve been doing with all of their HD multiplats lately.

+ TrueFFVIIFan on December 7th, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

Come on, Sony…! Please make this HAPPEN – PS VS Capcom! It’ll be one FUN GAME TO PLAY… Whatever you have to do, go and open a new negotiation with Capcom!

+ KazeEternal on December 7th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

I’ll be happy to DVR the VGA’s and fast forward to all the exclusive trailers :-P Not gonna waste 2 to 3 hours of my life on a reward show. We’re gamers, I think we can discern for ourselves what really is game of the year material etc.

+ piratedrunk on December 7th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

Really? Good friends at Capcom? Even with their blatant favoritism of the Xbox and gimping the PS3 versions of their games? They complain about the lack of space on the DVD while never bothering to utilize the space advantages of bluray. I used to be a very big Capcom fan but they have done little to show their passion for games this generation.

+ bushisprez on December 7th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

PS3 vs Capcom viewing party

Codename: “Sausage Fest”

+ dabomb4eve on December 7th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

I thought it was a fighting game at first. Haha.

Is there an age limit to this event?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 7th, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

nope, all are welcome.

+ jeffsmither on December 7th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

Why cant you have these things in Tampa, FL? Thats thats near me! LA is 2541 miles away from me.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 7th, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

I’m investigating doing something in Orlando in February. Stay tuned!

+ inspace2020 on December 7th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

I’ve been waiting on this announcement for weeks! I was there last year and will definitely be there this year!

+ inspace2020 on December 7th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

I was wondering will the Capcom event still start at it’s original time 11AM? Or was everything moved up to 4PM?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 7th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

The original Capcom event still starts at 11. Then at 4pm, it becomes the viewing party. Feel free to come early!

+ chaoszero14 on December 7th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

Will be there EXTRA early. Last time i checked Capcom said there was 100 spaces has that changed now?

+ holy-mob on December 7th, 2010 at 3:50 pm said:

Wow, that’s over by Chinatown, darn near Dodger Stadium. I could go, but I don’t like the VGA’s at all. It seems like one big commercial filled with questionable award winners and few worthwhile moments.

+ T3mpr1x on December 7th, 2010 at 4:01 pm said:

Last year’s was fun! To anyone complaining about the VGAs themselves, while the event is about that show, it’s much more than that. There’s good food, good people, and a great time. Last year there were prizes raffled off too, no mention of that here but I don’t really care about that anyway! :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 7th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

It’s a possibility, but due to the open ended nature of the event (the MvC3 part starts at 11am), I’m trying to figure out how to work that :)

+ WSOutlaw87 on December 7th, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

There adding so many big reveals and all this this great stuff to the vgas its just too bad the vgas suck and the nominees are a joke.

+ Dosx001 on December 7th, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

@snake4308
i wish we did get everything but we don’t

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on December 7th, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

tell capcom to bring the dlc to dead rising 2

+ Zezzler on December 7th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

I have to work during the VGA :(
Oh well, i’ll just record it and watch later or something >.>

+ Dynames on December 7th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

Los Angeles gets all the cool stuff…

Do something in Seattle, like the UC2 event last year!!! Too bad I was working the event as opposed to participating. Well I got some free swap out of it and connections.

*Patiently waits for next Sony event in Seattle*

+ oly1kenobi on December 7th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

Will u fly me up from SanDiego?

+ InphiniteWun on December 7th, 2010 at 4:30 pm said:

It’s great to hear about the party and all but do you guys plan up updating the Store today?? It really ought to be updated in the morning and not all late in the evening.

+ Gogo_ZvC on December 7th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

Man I wish Canada was closer to LA :( or maybe I could use the subspace highway hmm…

Also, just some errors I’m experiencing with Firefox. Sometimes it locks me out of this blog and the euro blog for a certain period of time saying some 400 error occurred but when I try with IE everything is fine.

Anyone know issues/fixes? Sid? Jeff? KHANNNNNNNNNNNN!?

+ RicPo420 on December 7th, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

I agree with InphiniteWun, store updates… pretty please? should completely change your Tuesday schedule around, morning is much better, I’ve been checking the blog for the update all these other posts are pretty useless on a Tuesday when I am waiting for the update

+ Wubenese on December 7th, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

Wow the theatre you’re holding the event is like 5 minutes from where I live…

So gonna be there!

+ crazyone22 on December 7th, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

Y CANT U HAVE ONE IN VEGAS?

+ Gogo_ZvC on December 7th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

@ 28 Ric

How are they useless?? What? Go for a walk instead of clicking F5 all day, it’ll do you better to get some fresh air.

+ WrekGar on December 7th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

Hey Jeff

I will most definitely be there barring any weather issues the “Blog Stalker” will be present and accounted for. Gonna so love this.

+ spideyal on December 7th, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

You have no idea how upset I was when I found out this was just a name for a meet-up. I honestly nearly lost myself in excitment over a Capcom x Playstation fighting game.

Shame on you, word play.

+ C-Murph666 on December 7th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

Holy Crap~!

Nathan Drake vs Wesker would be EPIC~!!

+ Zonified on December 7th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

Awesome. And, do I spot a Captain Qwark shirt and Uncharted 2 shirt in that pic? :D

+ Ryukipenguin on December 7th, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

Oh, When I read MvC 3 food fight I thought it was an actual food fight. Like throwing food around fight. Someone is bound to do that on that night.

+ DZORMAGEN on December 7th, 2010 at 5:41 pm said:

Hey Jeff,

I am not a fan of fighting games that much or as big of fan as these people are to fighting and Capcom, will it still be a good place to go?

+ DAnnyDanger on December 7th, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

sounds promising..
maybe ill go.

Get your Portable ID!

+ digitalman123 on December 7th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

If only there was a real PS vs. Capcom fighting game. FOOD FIGHT!!!!!

+ Mucudadada on December 7th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

That’s my face! I’ll be there once more! Can’t wait!

+ cool_trainer on December 7th, 2010 at 6:27 pm said:

Making the drive from San Diego again! See you there!

+ Pirate43 on December 7th, 2010 at 8:28 pm said:

and albuquerque gets shunned like always.

+ mingmister on December 7th, 2010 at 9:00 pm said:

cant wait too the awards this sat:)

+ Iceberg73e on December 7th, 2010 at 9:32 pm said:

Won the big prize last year, I’ll definitely be there.

+ DeadCell34 on December 7th, 2010 at 9:40 pm said:

@1
Absolutely not. Sony team up with those re-hashers? NO. The only thing Capcom can do is make one good game, then make 10 different versions of that one good game (trying to squeeze every dime out of that particular game), while also decreasing quality of said game.

Capcom sucks, Resident Evil 5 proves it.

+ ClearClover on December 8th, 2010 at 12:30 am said:

PlayStation + Capcom + Marvel vs. Capcom 3!?

Seriously, what’s not to love?

Unfortunately, I live very, and I mean very far away from where the event will take place. But it’s OK, I’ll be keeping an eye on it via the awesome internet, just like I will be doing so with the VGAs.

+ bluefire132 on December 8th, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

I think you guys should do a couple of Events in NYC, granted i know HQ is in LA, but why not make a trip down to the East coast fans?

+ J-tight on December 8th, 2010 at 7:28 pm said: