PS4-The Order

Best Gifts for Your PS3 This Holiday

Abby Reyes's Avatar + Posted by Abby Reyes on Dec 08, 2010 // Sr. PR Specialist, Hardware

Hi PlayStation.Blog readers! Since this is my first post, allow me to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Abby Reyes and I work on the hardware PR team here at SCEA. We’re already eight days into December and the holiday shopping is in full swing. With all of the hustle and bustle, I thought I’d take a few moments to walk you through some of the great new official PlayStation accessories available this holiday season.

By now you’ve hopefully had the opportunity to test out the exciting and new PlayStation Move platform. Adding Move to your gaming arsenal is not the only way to elevate your experience on PS3 system. Designed to maximize your overall entertainment experience, finding a new Bluetooth Headset, a Surround Sound System, or a “Candy Pink” DualShock 3 wireless controller under the tree is sure to make anyone’s holiday a little brighter this year – at prices starting as low as $49.99(MSRP). As many of you know, PS3 is already the most complete home entertainment solution available this holiday season and tops many gamers’ wish lists. When combined with any of our newest titles, such as Gran Turismo 5, The Sly Cooper Collection, or SingStar Dance, PS3 instantly becomes something everyone in your entire family can enjoy and play together.

Surround Sound System Angled Bluetooth Headset 2.0 Pink Dualshock 3

These peripherals are available at local retailers around the U.S., so be sure to check them out. As always, let us know your thoughts and enjoy!

PAGE 1 2

+ polo155 on December 8th, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

Hola Abby and welcome, yes that new Bluetooth is mine!

+ purplestream on December 8th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

I always wanted to give my girlfriend that candypink controller

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on December 8th, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

You definitely should! I’m a pink lover myself and the pink DS3 is awesome!

+ xKOROSHIYAx on December 8th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

Wow, SCEA sure has a lot of attractive employees.

+ Conrad_Max on December 8th, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

My whole Family is a part of the Sony Family. We have been supporters for a very longtime. We have most of the above mentioned items. Looking forward to a very bright future with the PlayStation/Sony brand.

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on December 8th, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

Thanks so much for your support, Conrad_Max! We really appreciate it.

+ Enforcer_X on December 8th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

Upgrading my headset as soon as I can find this new model.

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on December 8th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

The new Bluetooth Headset is available now at retailers nationwide. Be sure to keep an eye out for it next time you’re out and about!

+ mywhitenoise on December 8th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

Surprised you didn’t mention the Move. I want a Candy Pink controller myself…and I’m a guy :)

+ Band2eto on December 8th, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

@ #2

lol, so true!

Ontopic: For me, I’ll be grabbing that new bluetooh device.

+ HIGHESTofTHEMALL on December 8th, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

I want those speakers

+ Nynja on December 8th, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

@2 yeah Jeff is kinda sexy… :)-

+ mixedkidbx on December 8th, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

had already picked up the new headset about 2 weeks ago, to replace the old PS3 headset.

I hope more ppl will pick up the headset and start using mics in games that support them.

+ Lanmanna on December 8th, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

I want all of that! Save for the pink controller. I like red and blue more. xD

Also, Abby Reyes is cute.

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on December 8th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

Pink is definitely my favorite, but we have a number of other great colors for folks to choose from too. :) And thanks for the compliment, Lanmanna!

+ TallCrowe on December 8th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

Abby feel free to post here as ofter as you need to.

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on December 8th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

Thanks, TallCrowe!

+ fijski8 on December 8th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

lol, yes. Lets see more Abby! XD.

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Abby Reyes on December 8th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

(o^_^o)

+ jazzyrider on December 8th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

Great gift ideas. But how about a discount or deal to buy these?

+ VectorRaven on December 8th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

Next console release should have a headset in the box. Hmm might have my sisters by those things for me for Christmas muwhahaha

+ PaperCarrier on December 8th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

Hot pink would have been nicer than candy for the controller. I could only imagine my friend’s reaction after giving him a pink controller xD.

+ naruto_hinata on December 8th, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

Awesome speakers! Like the simplicity it has.

+ Heisem on December 8th, 2010 at 11:20 am said:

that pink DS3 looks awesome!

+ PaperCarrier on December 8th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

While most living rooms have larger home theater systems, the PS3 speaker system wouldn’t be necessary there but it would be great for a bedroom.

+ syk1288 on December 8th, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

Abby, you look beautiful.

+ ChrisMorell on December 8th, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

Whoa Abby, you’re so famous now. Though really, no Harry Potter holiday gifts? I don’t even know you anymore.

+ S_Y_N_1_S_T_3_R on December 8th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

Abby Reyes would be the ultimate gift to any PS3 playing man.

+ cupcake_jihad on December 8th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Candy Pink Controller… CHECK! Bluetooth 2.0… CHECK! Looks like all I need is the Surround Sound System.

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on December 8th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

hey abby take over for jeff :-D lol in the videos haha and yeah all ps3s should be bundle with mics

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on December 8th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

The blog boys will be pushing her in front of the camera more often, she’s our internal hardware rockstar!

+ jimmyfoxhound on December 8th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

I just ordered my new Bluetooth headset so.. does this mean I get an Abby wallpaper for my PS3? Plz? XD

+ Tiduz on December 8th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

i wonder when europe will get the new headset, tried to ask sony europe but just got ignored :(

+ WebScud on December 8th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

Is the PlayStatin Sound Bar wall mountable?

+ SuperCoOper777 on December 8th, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

Awe! Pink! finally a manly color.

Abby Reyes's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on December 8th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Damn straight! I heart my Candy Pink D3. =)

+ morph147 on December 8th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

what is the official name of the new headset havent been able to find it online yet

+ MoneyMaker110 on December 8th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

my niece might dig that pink controller. i might gift the headset since i’ve had my ps2 socom headset, a couple bluetooth headsets from phones and the first official headset.

+ subbed on December 8th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

I got the new headset and while being nicer than the original still cant duel purpose that well with my phone. I have huge reservations about a sound bar. Has anyone tried it and was it worth it? 2.1 channels with proprietary S-Force technology creates the equivalent of a surround sound system is hard to believe.

+ bgenius on December 8th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

I’ll have to pick up the surround sound system for my room, no doubt.

I’m pretty sure you already know this, Abby, but you are very beautiful.

+ NinthGenHero on December 8th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

I’m thinking about that surround sound :) Abby were you at the PS Move Event in DC? My cousin still remembers you leaving him hanging at the demo booth lol thanks for coming out and great first post!

+ TheChicagoShadow on December 8th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

How about a purple ds3 I want one so bad

+ kdiep on December 8th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Bluetooth headset is tempting, but I already have the original one :/

+ Alpha6UFS on December 8th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Awesome, love the bluetooth headset and pink controller for my friend, she is gonna love it; thanks for the heads-up, Abby. We want to see more cool posts from cute Abby ^_^v

+ kivi95 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

When are you realising new colurs for the ps3 system?

+ perrandy on December 8th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

what a nice looking lady! wink wink
out of curiosity abby, what background are you from?we know that jeff is ukranian/jewish rey is cuban,grace is chinese/taiwanese…
seems like you guys at sony have a mini UN over there lol.

+ MegamiTensei13 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

Abby is soooooooo Cute :)

+ cortesc130 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

The best gift from Sony would be new features like voice messaging, party chat and to be able to change your PSN ID without losing anything. Thats what Sony needs to give their customers for Christmas.

+ Anddo on December 8th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

@20- couldn’t agree more. :D

I may pick up the new bluetooth.. Still own the original, but the newer model looks like a worthy upgrade.

PS: This is how you sell a product.. More Abby please :)

+ TomHoang on December 8th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

I want that sound bar!

+ solace357 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:50 pm said:

Haha @ Rey with the Pink DS3. I need to check out some reviews for that Sound bar. My surround sound system isn’t very friendly with my PS3.
Welcome to the blog Abby!

+ Ghost-of-SpartaX on December 8th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

hahaha pretty in pink!

+ Butters360 on December 8th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

So where is our Abby Reyes Dynamic theme already?

On another note; Veronica Belmont, Audrey Cleo, Christina Lee, and NOW Abby Reyes?! Hot damn, Sony knows how to hire them!

+ TigerLust on December 8th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

I’m glad you girls (no offense Rey ;) have your candy pink DS3′s. When you guys decided to add another color to the arsenal, please add turquoise!

PS: I already have a PS3, but I think it is silly that you guys released a bundle with Singstar Dance sans a Move controller…

+ Massive_13 on December 8th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

I’ve been wanting these speakers, been seeing em, but I have yet to see the price, or the model number. Do you know the price on these speakers?

+ Massive_13 on December 8th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

Never mind I found out the price. They’re $199.99

+ Arcadian_Rebel on December 8th, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

Great accessories! I already have what I need, though. :)

+ Mixer23 on December 8th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

Yep. More Abby, please! :D

On topic, I’m in for the soundbar as soon as the Holidays are over and possibly the pink DS3 if I cant find a FFXIII DS3 online somewhere.

PAGE 1 2