PS4-The Order

Best Gifts for Your PS3 This Holiday

Abby Reyes's Avatar + Posted by Abby Reyes on Dec 08, 2010 // Sr. PR Specialist, Hardware

Hi PlayStation.Blog readers! Since this is my first post, allow me to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Abby Reyes and I work on the hardware PR team here at SCEA. We’re already eight days into December and the holiday shopping is in full swing. With all of the hustle and bustle, I thought I’d take a few moments to walk you through some of the great new official PlayStation accessories available this holiday season.

By now you’ve hopefully had the opportunity to test out the exciting and new PlayStation Move platform. Adding Move to your gaming arsenal is not the only way to elevate your experience on PS3 system. Designed to maximize your overall entertainment experience, finding a new Bluetooth Headset, a Surround Sound System, or a “Candy Pink” DualShock 3 wireless controller under the tree is sure to make anyone’s holiday a little brighter this year – at prices starting as low as $49.99(MSRP). As many of you know, PS3 is already the most complete home entertainment solution available this holiday season and tops many gamers’ wish lists. When combined with any of our newest titles, such as Gran Turismo 5, The Sly Cooper Collection, or SingStar Dance, PS3 instantly becomes something everyone in your entire family can enjoy and play together.

Surround Sound System Angled Bluetooth Headset 2.0 Pink Dualshock 3

These peripherals are available at local retailers around the U.S., so be sure to check them out. As always, let us know your thoughts and enjoy!

PAGE 1 2

+ Justp94 on December 8th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

Is the Surround Sound Bar gonna allow for additional speakers to make it actually SURROUND? lol.

+ mystikalguy on December 8th, 2010 at 1:56 pm said:

Wow!!!…Abby Reyes is BE YOU T FULL….Nice video too & i’ll be getting the Surround Sound Speakers for Xmas.

Bring more Abby Videos to the blog :P

+ Rockstarmd on December 8th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

Abby could you see why the US Sony has no wireless mics for us to purchase for the holiday season

+ Mokoho on December 8th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

Pink controllers? NO WAYYYYYYYYY! I totally want one!

Welcome to the blog Abby! :D

+ o–DroPsHoTzZ— on December 8th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

Nice, im getting a ps3 this holiday and i plan to get the bluetooth headset.

+ chopper731 on December 8th, 2010 at 2:40 pm said:

That pink controller looks to be the same color that my bride-to-be has chosen for our wedding color. She is also a PS3 gamer so maybe I will have to fork out for yet another Christmas gift for her.

Darn you PlayStation Blog! :)

+ Senjutsu_Dav on December 8th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

Bah for the soundbar, I bought a sony bravia 5.1 dolby 1000w surround for a tiny room, lol. This is way better for suspense/horror games (especially, FPS too). And I bought it for around 230$ so it’s not bad either.

+ fps_d0minat0r on December 8th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

will there ever be alternative colours or designs for the actual console it self?
the god of war 3 one looked sweet but its a shame it was really rare. i hope they do a killzone 3 version which everyone has a chance of buying.

+ Zinacef on December 8th, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

Could we get a date with you Abby for Christmas?!

+ michaelochs on December 8th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

how much is the surround system?

+ digitalman123 on December 8th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

Cool. My sister would like that controller. I’m stickin’ with my Bluetooth. No Move? Hm.
Welcome to the Blog Abby! I’ve been with the blog a while. Ask Rey or Jeff, because they should both know me!

+ judalation on December 8th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

Any chance a white or silver or pink PS3 getting released next years holiday season??? short of a price cut its going to increase sells!

+ phinnv8 on December 8th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

I got one, how about a useful firmware update with NEW features from the top of PlayStation Blog Share. 4.0 should have been out by now.

+ UNICRON1 on December 8th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

Is Abby the new V.P. of beauty. Moveover Kevin Butler.

+ ForgiveMyAim on December 8th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

lmao @ Rey with the Pink controller

+ digitalman123 on December 8th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

Come Rey! Let’s flaunt our pink DS3 controllers! I don’t got one, but it looks cool.
New Bluetooth saying: I’M A MAN PLAYIN’ WITH A PINK DS3! I want one. You know, kinda. I’d like a silver too!

+ fuzzyclutter on December 8th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

great stuff . go figure though that some people act like they just spotted a Unicorn at the first sight of a female … LOL

+ cprulez89 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

Nice accessories, you guys definitely need a Bright Green controller to be added to controller colors. (Hint Hint)

+ JohnMarkIII on December 8th, 2010 at 6:35 pm said:

SONY you should come up with a green controller .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ xxRaziel79xx on December 8th, 2010 at 6:40 pm said:

The Playatation Move is on my list! Maybe the headset, but again I could just get a game. Plus, I don’t care to talk to anyone.

+ J-tight on December 8th, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

love the move

+ AG-WarFighter on December 8th, 2010 at 7:51 pm said:

LOl i already have all that !! no jeff is good for interviews and abby is good for intoducing hardware if you know wat i mean ^ ^

+ DOOMkillz on December 8th, 2010 at 8:22 pm said:

i’m definitely getting the new headset.

+ Ace2540 on December 8th, 2010 at 8:42 pm said:

id like to see a purple dual shock 3 controller!!

+ avusa on December 9th, 2010 at 1:57 am said:

This is ridiculous! Pink Controllers? I thought the big thing for christmas is the Move.
I would love to buy it but its simply not available!!! Nowhere in my area. Why is Sony missing out on that business?

+ WarHawk_ on December 9th, 2010 at 3:15 am said:

I would actually like to see a comeback of the transparent controllers. I would definitely buy one of those. These more opaque controllers are nice but the transparent ones are awesome.

+ Chaoticblaze27 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:11 am said:

I Just got the New Blue Booth Headset and it is amazing its a great improvement over the amazing 1st one

+ BiezulbubBill69 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:29 am said:

Abby’s hot as FIRE.

+ SyphonFilter- on December 10th, 2010 at 7:30 pm said:

Getting the sound bar. Not sure about the headset, great vid Abby.

+ MrLegendz on December 10th, 2010 at 11:15 pm said: