PS4-The Order

Coming to PlayStation Plus: More Early Holiday Presents!

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Dec 08, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus

Hi everyone,

‘Tis the season to give… so our team is prepping a special gift for all PlayStation Plus subscribers. We already revealed our biggest PlayStation Plus publishes yet, including free downloads of games like Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse and Crash Team Racing. Along with those featured games, we also have some other surprises that will keep PlayStation Plus subscribers busy over the holiday break.

DC Universe Online 2 DC Universe Online

Coming soon to all PlayStation Plus subscribers is a free download of the beta for Sony Online Entertainment’s newest MMORPG, DC Universe Online, from the PlayStation Plus section in the PlayStation Store. From there, they can create their own super hero (or super villain) and take an adventure through Jim Lee’s vision of the DC universe. We will have more information on the exact timing of the beta in the near future, so be sure to keep your eyes on the blog.

Our holiday cheer isn’t stopping there! On December 21, we have another special PlayStation Plus publish. To start things off, we will be releasing a full game trial of 2K Games highly acclaimed first person shooter, Borderlands. Also, for our arcade loving PlayStation Plus subscribers, we will be discounting a handful of classic NEOGEO games the day they arrive on the PlayStation Network. Finally, we will be offering a free download of an upcoming minis title, A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, and a sale on DICE’s multiplayer classic, Battlefield 1943. Check out the full list of content coming below.

NEOGEO - Metal Slug NEOGEO - King of Fighters '94

Look for the beta and other PlayStation Plus content coming soon and have fun playing it over the holidays!

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 12/21:

Full Game Trial
Borderlands (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Featured Games
A Space Shooter For 2 Bucks – Minis (Free for PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $1.99)

Discounted Games
Alpha Mission (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Art of Fighting (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Baseball Stars Professional (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Fatal Fury (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
League Bowling (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Magician Lord (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Metal Slug (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Samurai Showdown (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Super Sidekicks (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
The King of Fighters ’94 (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.19, regular price $8.99)
Battlefield 1943 (40% off) (PlayStation Plus price $8.99, regular price $14.99)

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Fryed_Mustard on December 8th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

First?!

+ Nintendo451 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Now I’ll finally try out Borderlands. I’m actually really excited for this one.

+ Zemus101 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Oh damn, now I’m definitely gonna hafta shell out $50 for the Plus subscription just for the DC Universe Beta test. I hate you Sony, but I love you oh so much more.

+ Morac_ on December 8th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

I had already bought Sam & Max, so it wasn’t really “free” for me. That said I look forward to the DC Universe Online beta.

+ Fryed_Mustard on December 8th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Sweet I win! Good stuff to by the way!

+ MarzMasta on December 8th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

i cant wait. my $50 bucks for the subscription was well spent.

+ BlindMango on December 8th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

It’s okay to say “Christmas” too, most American’s son’t like being politically correct. That’s one thing, I don’t think I have ever seen the word Christmas on this blog, on PSN, or in PlayStation Home, even your personal Christmas Tree is called a “Festive Tree”! lol, just had to blow off some steam.

But yeah, these are some pretty legit offers, if more system features get added to PS+, i will consider getting the service!

+ D-White_123 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

Another great part of this Holiday season we bring to you,Cross game chat! oh wait /= we wont be able to give that to anyone sorry!,The Sony Team

+ KALEL114 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

Wow!!!!!!!!!

+ jacob-813 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

Darn. Not ps plus member, but maybe now I can Play 1943 with people I know.

+ Impulsiiv on December 8th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

Really excited about the beta!

+ FORMIK on December 8th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

Thanks! This is very much appreciated, and makes me even happier with the service.

+ Kchow23 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

sweet DC universe beta

+ LukePYoung on December 8th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

FINALLY A WAY TO GET THE DCUO BETA! FINALLY SONY DID SOMETHING RIGHT FOR US PS PLUS MEMBERS!

+ Ospov on December 8th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

I’m a little interested in the DC beta. Other than that there wasn’t too much excitement for me. Still not bad though.

+ M3wThr33 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

I guess that means Borderlands will be up for download soon, too?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernandez on December 8th, 2010 at 6:23 pm said:

Hi M3wThr33 – Yes, on 12/21 Borderlands will be available for download too.

+ evil23alej on December 8th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

AWESOME

+ Shinmigami on December 8th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

Yes, that will be amazing. I can’t wait for this update.

+ ProfessorTripp on December 8th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

I’m asking again, since no one will reply…

PlayStation Plus members were promised the Hustle Kings avatar bundle for free, but it doesn’t show up that way in the store.

Please let us know why plans changed since last week with no explanation or warning. I’m sure we’d all appreciate it.

+ footballrule on December 8th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

Sony, you sure know how to whip out the best content during the Holidays – I LOVE YOU!

Great news on the new Beta test!

+ Enkei-Xpress on December 8th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

… Not worth the $50/£50.

+ richlids on December 8th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

I’ve been going back and forth in my head whether or not to get DCUniverse. So glad I’ll be able to try before I buy!

+ Fujiwara_Kyo on December 8th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Pretty cool update.Looking forward to trying out DCUO. Nice to see we are getting the neogeo games at discount as well. Thanks for that.

+ ProfessorTripp on December 8th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Here’s a quote from your December 1 post, Grace:

Featured Avatars

Hustle Kings Avatar Bundle (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $1.49)

Please advise.

+ cortesc130 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

new features please! come on SONY!

+ killajd on December 8th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

Im looking forward to this coming to the PSN+ subscribers. Thanks for beefing up the content for us PSN+ Users. Early Christmas Present LOL thanks SONY

+ Spinout209 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

This is great, Thanks Sony. The DC Beta sounds amazing

+ drownedphoniex on December 8th, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

This just made me justify my $50. Thank you Sony!!!

+ GODSFAVORITE on December 8th, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

So now I get into the DCUO Beta for my pre-order and for being in PSN Plus…Good times. I’m glad that I signed up

+ theMADster on December 8th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Man, I love this. First Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood multiplayer beta, then the Killzone 3 multiplayer beta, today the LBP2 beta, and now you announce I’m getting the DC Universe beta. Plus is totally a win in my book! Thank you so much!

+ TomHoang on December 8th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

I love you Sony and PS+!

Also excited for the DCUO beta. Although I’m still not interested in it as long as it has a monthly fee.

+ FATHASUN on December 8th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

PS+ has only gotten better. I have taken full advantage since day one.

One day I am going to add it all up. Unless some has already done so.

+ Rockstarmd on December 8th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

Is that where those of us who are not Playstation Plus members but preordered the game and are awaiting our code
awhile back will go for the beta as well?

+ djsaiyan on December 8th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

How about waiving the subscription fee for DCU Online for PS+ members.

I already play two MMOs, not sure I can swing a third.

+ Strathmore on December 8th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

Dear PlayStation…

As a PlayStation Plus member I have already previously purchased each of the Sam and Max episodes, as well as 90% of the content you have made freely available to Plus members…

Where can I get my refund or credit for previously purchased games? What’s that, there is no such policy…? I see…

Well, surely you have SOMETHING to offer hardcore gamers like me that previously supported your games by purchasing them full price? What’s that… you don’t?

Ah… I see…

So, to recap: You’re offering games I already own, and you’re not thanking me or rewarding my loyalty for purchasing them at full price in any way, shape, or form…?

Exactly when will I start to see the worth of being a PlayStation Plus member?

And please, humour me if you can… exactly WHY do you think I will EVER sign up again for Plus “service”?

+ DazeOfWar on December 8th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

Ok now you got me really excited about being a Plus member. The DCUO Beta is awesome. This is what I was hoping to try out to see if I really wanted to get into a MMO.

Sam & Max I already have and the minis I still don’t care about. Those don’t matter now that I get the Beta.

Thanks Sony. You now have a proud Plus member again.

+ DonCalzone21 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

Now everyone will get a chance to try what is my favorite PS3 game ever, BORDERLANDS. ALOT of people slept on this game. I recommend it to anyone who doesn’t have it already. Other than that I’ll be getting BATTLEFIELD 1943 and am looking forward to DCU:O. Although Im more of a MARVEL guy.

*PROUD PS+ MEMBER*

+ WCKidRock on December 8th, 2010 at 5:21 pm said:

I have been wanting to get into the DCUO for so long! thank you thank you thank you…..oh and also an added bonus is the reduced price of some of my favourite NEOGEO titles “fatal fury” and “king of the fighters ’94”

a side note…it didn’t get answered, but is the Sam & Max game for Canadians as well..it wasn’t clear on the last psn+ post

+ AmericanAce on December 8th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

YES! DC UNIVERSE ONLINE! THANK YOU PLAYSTATION, SO MUCH!

+ Rafael14 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

i hope that DC Universe is good bc i doubt a lot of ppl will play because it has a monthly subscription

+ sensfan1971 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

great update next week….already got borderlands, be warned those that don’t you may find yourself addicted and even buy the addons for it….really looking forward to the dcuo beta….also have a question noticed that both red faction: guerrilla and infamouus used to have a 1 hr trial…when store updated that icon went away and left the full games there with bag icon saying i already bought it, is this 1 of the surprises for the holidays…IE christmas?

+ remanutd5 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

well im really looking forward to the DC online Beta!!!!! loving Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves , i hope in LBP 2 we are able to play with the navigation controller instead of the DS3 controller and the Motion controller , since im in the Killzone 3 beta already and im not sure if im gonna be in the LBP 2 beta ( which i think i wont ) i hope you guys get me into the Motorstorm Apocalypse online multiplayer beta / demo since day1 lol , thanks

+ FATHASUN on December 8th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

Sony Giveth and Sony Taketh away.

My PS3 just died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DonCalzone21 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Those complaining about NEW FEATURES…..

HULU
VUDU
NETFLIX
PS+ Program
PS Rewards Program
BETA Access

Did we have any of those last year??? NO. It’s a good start

*PROUD PS+ MEMBER*

+ Vaughn21 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

DC Universe beta OMG! I love my PS+ membership! Keep the good stuff coming!

+ cprulez89 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

Sweet update, can’t wait till 21st!

+ Kchow23 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

Make free trials at least 1 hour longer, and give us the option to decide what we want to be automatically downloaded not just “select content”. Also why not display the PS + logo on the blog for the users that do have it?

+ Christian399 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

Nice content!

Is there any chance that you’ll be offering DCUO as a full game download when it releases? I would love that for my MMOs (think FFXIV intimated that they might be doing something similar).

+ FATHASUN on December 8th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

@44 DonCalzone21…

Anyone complaining at this point is just hating. It will only get better.

+ pcwzrd13 on December 8th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

Will the NEOGEO games work on the PSP as well or just the PS3?

PAGE 1 2 3 4