PS4 - Destiny

LittleBigPlanet 2 Update: “Let the PARODIES begin…”

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Dec 08, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

The Parody TV spot
This week we decided to have a bit of fun with the new LBP2 machinima tools and create a parody of one of our favorite TV spots on the air right now. I’m sure you’ve seen it…

If you want to compare it to the original TV spot, here it is:

And FYI, the Best Buy TV/PS3 bundle offer ends later this week on Saturday, Dec 11th. While you’re there, be sure to pre-order LittleBigPlanet 2!

A “pair-o-deez” vouchers
Its official, this week is the big week where two sets of voucher codes will be send out to our LBP community. Check your e-mail in-boxes this week (hopefully for your sake you’re opted in) for codes for the following:

Sackboy Prehistoric Moves

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves – With Move controller in hand, enjoy a brand new game with the PlayStation Move and Sackboy. Available on the PlayStation Store on 12/14, but free for a lucky batch of fans and free for all PlayStation Plus subscribers!

LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta

LittleBigPlanet 2 – expanded online beta (now with voice recording) – Here’s your chance to get on the online beta and get a glimpse of what the beta community has been creating. Help us test the server environment as you enjoy a taste of LBP2.

NOTE: If you didn’t get an e-mail, we’ll let you know where else you can get your hands on a code…maybe for some of you dedicated folks on our blog…

Talking to the Qore
Finally, make sure to check out the latest edition of Qore to get the latest on LBP2.

1,799 Comments   20 Replies

PAGE 1 2 3 36

+ papidj1 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

nice LOL

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 8th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Beta code up for grabs!

5G6P-HMNJ-CBM3

More to come…

+ kdiep on December 8th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

lol hahahah, these ads never disappoint.

+ marlyt on December 8th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

Hopefully first. CODE PLEEEEZE!!!

+ PaperCarrier on December 8th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves need navigation controller support.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 8th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

Nope, just the Move controller and a DS3 (or more) for some good multi-player fun.

+ marlyt on December 8th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

Nope third. Darn you two guys.

+ evil23alej on December 8th, 2010 at 12:05 pm said:

i hope i get a beta gonna get the game when it comes out

+ papidj1 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

And thank you , thank you for the beta and now for the prehistoric moves code, you’re so great sony and Mm.!

+ tonydamiani on December 8th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

Nice Ad :D

Funny ;P

I wanna be on beta LBP2 :D

+ Yuki131 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

I would like to try the LBP2 Beta :D

+ hackerbert on December 8th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

May I have a beta code? Pretty please? I would be the best dad in the world if I could get this to play with the kids!

thx!

+ Spyroluver88 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

Mark,
I LOVE the parody!! Awesome job! By the way, as a HUGE Sackboy/LBP fan and since I preordered the CE…can I please have a code for the Prehistoric Moves and a Beta invite? I cannot wait until the 12th!! Please?!?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 8th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

Nice. Thanks for the love, but LBP2 comes out on Jan 18th. (not sure what the 12th is…unless its your birthday, I then I can’t wait until the 12th)

+ al2009man on December 8th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

lol!

+ danthe57 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

I got one of the vouchers, while I do not own a PlayStation move >_< anyone want to trade…

+ Gogo_ZvC on December 8th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Awesome!!!

+ BigGulpMark on December 8th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

That’s a great parody. I would love to get in on the beta. I’ve been looking for a code from the moment the beta was announced. Huge fan. Hook me up!

+ FRANKMAN1 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

IDK why but i NEVER get mails from PlayStation. I have it activated in my PS3, if i make a purchase i dont get a mail, and the last year every time i buy something i got a mail. Some kind of bug or something? anyone knows a way to fix this?

+ RynoDaxter on December 8th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Man i want in the beta so much, the waiting for the CE is killing me

+ Fusion_ID on December 8th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

wow. That just happened. Amazing

+ SuperninjaX on December 8th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

i want lbp2 beta.:D

+ df2506 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

Awesome Ad! :)

I’m looking forward to playing LBP2. Doubt I’ll get into the beta, but I’m very happy about the demo coming later this month! Its going to be great.

I liked Qore’s LBP2 feature.

One more month. *drools* Got my Collector’s Edition pre-ordered. Its actually the first CE I’ve ever bought. Just HAD to have this one. :)

+ G-Force08 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

Two of my favorite things.

LBP and Kevin Butler as one. Epic.

And DANG! Was too late for that beta code up there. Tried it and it’s already taken! lol

+ FRANKMAN1 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

Lol 2 late some1 got the code. Im ready for more bring it!

+ jimmyfoxhound on December 8th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

CRAP I MISSED THE BETA CODE!!! NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!! >:O

+ VehicleDestoryer on December 8th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

Unbelievable!!! as if KB dilvering a baby couldn’t get any better he does it in lbp2!! WE WAnT MORE PARODIES!!!

+ CEK111 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

I’ve been playing the Beta for a few months now. (EU trial) And you don’t need me to tell you it’s awesome.
But seeing as new features will be added (voice recording) when you guys get in, it’s going to be even better.
Infact, I may go play some now Muhawhawha. ;)

also, that KB add was brilliant, now all we need is the official costume for LBP2 & U2AT.

+ NURADEEN on December 8th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

I need help. i can’t move my sackboy in prehistoric sack moves with the move controller . my ds3 shows up as player 1 and the move controller as player 7. when i try to play 2 sackboys come out but only the ds3 controller 1 moves .with the move controller i can move objects but not sackboy , why? please help

+ Band2eto on December 8th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

OMG, this was full of WIN! Keep up the great work Sony/BestBuy/KB, etc!

Offtopic: For heaven sakes, please make a “The Tester Season 3″! The drama is getting intense in S2, so I want MOAR!

+ cortesc130 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

Can we have a update with new features as well not just games ?

+ FRANKMAN1 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

Lol the best of luck to everyone getting the next code looks like everyones just notice about the first one and are coming here like crazy!

+ NURADEEN on December 8th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

@FRANKMAN1 Do you check your spam in your emai? i got yahoo and any mail i get from sony is always found in my spam box.

+ Elmo-JO on December 8th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

so excited for LBP2, and would love to get my hands on a demo of The sackboy game. I know it will be awesome
Cheers to Sony (^__^).

+ Zookey on December 8th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

WIN

+ FRANKMAN1 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

@NURADEEN yup i tried. Maybe a problem with hotmail accounts?

+ minameissteve on December 8th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

Hilarious parody! I might try doing that with the other ads when the game releases.:P

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 8th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

We’d love to see them too!

+ The1stMJC on December 8th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

So want in the beta already have 2 copies pre ordered one regular edition for myself and the collector’s edition for my younger sister(late Christmas gift due to the delay)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 8th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

Few more for you guys. Better redeem these fast…

3PTM-3KNN-PPC3
FD3B-54ND-8KFD
3M6L-QENB-J3QH

+ Kchow23 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

THANK YOU!!!!

+ Kchow23 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

I redeemed the last one :P

+ StooBush on December 8th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Score score score! Kchow used my “use the last code” technique, but the middle one was still available!

Thanks!

-S

+ bigdaddykraven on December 8th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Quit giving Beta codes out while I’m at work! :) I really want to see if I can make the level I never could on LBP!

Got Prehistoric moves code in the mail and was ecstatic! Hopefully a Beta code is on the way…or maybe one can be sent to me via email or possibly twitter @brandondesign

Just saying, it would be a nice thing to come to after finishing my graphic design work for the day :)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 8th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

So what time do you get off work?

+ FRANKMAN1 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

YEEEEES GOT THE FIRST ONE every1 tried with the second and the third but no with the first?

+ NURADEEN on December 8th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Mark can you tell me why i can’t move my sackboy with the move controller in prehistoric sack moves?

+ Blade133 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

Any more beta codes in the works? I can’t wait any longer for this game!

+ Alee634 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

Awesome commercial remake, I wonder if the mouthing is done automatically by the game.

+ BlazednSleepy on December 8th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

MARK Valledor. Please give me a code.

I have a prototype project due next week for my game design class and i want to use the beta sooooo bad! This is my chance to show what amazing things can be acheived with the beta. Okease dont make me use the first game. I can do so much more to fullfill my vision with this beta. Please.

+ hrrihani90 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

that was epic brilliance! :D

+ FRANKMAN1 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

Thank you mark now i have something to play while i wait my other games coming this month :D

+ pasufarin on December 8th, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

@NURADEEN You use a DualShock controller to move Sackboy, just like in LBP. The Motion Controller is used to interact with “pink colored” objects and move them about.

+ Gui_Rike on December 8th, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

Gah missed them all.

+ G-Force08 on December 8th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

LBP 2. The only game that I have preordered the collectors edition for.

But that might change with all these great SCE game CEs coming out next year D;

Got LBP, then LBP GOTY, LBP PSP, and downloaded LBP Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves.

Cant wait until LBP 2. 1 month is too long! D: