Far Cry 4

New PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter Attachment

Anand Agarwal's Avatar + Posted by Anand Agarwal on Dec 09, 2010 // Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing

Hi Everyone! There’s been a lot of talk about what shooter games will be like using motion control. We know that some of you gamers might be a bit hesitant to put down the gamepad, but we believe the upcoming PlayStation Move sharp shooter will make motion control for shooter games quite irresistible. Available concurrently with the highly anticipated Killzone 3 in Feb 2011 for $39.99 (MSRP), the sharp shooter is perfect for gamers who want to experience the most realistic action possible.

Sharp shooter

The PlayStation Move sharp shooter houses both the motion controller and navigation controller, giving you complete control over aiming, movement and interaction within the game. It will truly offer the most intuitive and immersive control experience ever found in a shooter game. It was designed for both comfort and precision, including easily accessible buttons, a responsive digital trigger, adjustable shoulder stock and convenient access to the navigation controller. In addition, the sharp shooter has incorporated a firing mode selector, realistic pump-action and a reload button that allow for new ways of engagement.

So what games will you be able to use the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter with? The PlayStation Move sharp shooter was designed specifically with games such as Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs in mind and even comes with a Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4 sticker pack. Other compatible titles include Time Crisis: Razing Storm and Dead Space Extraction, but you can expect many more upcoming games that will work with it as well.

Jungle Green DS3 controller

We have some more peripherals news to share with you. In addition to the PlayStation Move sharp shooter, a new “Jungle Green” DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller will also be available in February 2011 for $54.99 (MSRP), to coincide with the upcoming launch of Killzone 3. There is already a wide array of colors available in the DUALSHOCK 3 family. Tailored to the core fan, the new “Jungle Green” controller will add yet another option for you to accessorize.

We hope you’re all as excited to get your hands on the PlayStation Move sharp shooter or the “Jungle Green” DS3 controller as we are. Enjoy!

+ twooh on December 9th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Could this controller be used with time crisis?

And the green DS3 is sick! Makes me wanna buy 2 and invite Big Boss over to play some MGS.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on December 9th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that’s what i was waiting for!

+ Dblcheezz on December 9th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

I love that new green.

+ kenny-1995 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

I will buy the DS3 Controller, It looks sweet, even doe i have a perfectly working one now.

+ LoloAz623 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

Wow im loving the sharp shooter i was looking at the button layout and im digging it im guessing the buttom under the trigger i see will be to scope which is pretty tight i can double tap it fast pretty smart im looking at it and trying to figure out how the pump action works i do see how can u explian it to me does the nav front grip clip off the bottum and will there be a scope attachment it looks like it from the top

+ LoloAz623 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:37 pm said:

one more thing u know what would be sweet is if when u reload u have to squeeze the clip or hit the side of the clip it kinda looks like it does or did u guys just engrave it to not look so bland and as far as the color goes i can cares less as long as it functions remarkable lol

+ LoloAz623 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:42 pm said:

lol one last thing how much will it weight i hope it has some decent wieght and not feel light and cheap for 40 bucks u know and balanced lol

+ jimmy903 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:42 pm said:

The design looks very functional, but the off white, I remember when toy guns looked real as mine did growing up. But no, some stupid ass cops have to go and shoot up some little kids and now we get this.

Would love to see a video for Killzone or Socom with this in use, pump action included.

+ mixedkidbx on December 9th, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

The whole DS3 should have been Jungle Green not just the top half. Make the whole controller Jungle Green and i will buy one. If you leave the controller looking like that i will not buy one. Full Jungle Green Good, Half Jungle Green Bad.

+ Ace2540 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

both of these look cool, and I agree with mixedkidbx, make the jungle green DS3 green all the way, and the rifle attachment probably only looks white because of the lighting in the picture of it, might look much darker when you buy it, and they should drop the DS3 price $15 (=$40), just throwing that out there :)

+ T3mpr1x on December 9th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

Weird, the small pic of the DS3 looked red to me at first…I see it now though, I like the two-tone design!

+ SILENTSAM69 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:13 pm said:

I could not see myself buying one of these guns unless it plugged into the Move controller and put the Move button along with the regular 4 somewhere easily accesible.

Its nice that you can pull the trigger still, but hitting Triangle or Square or the move bottun would still be akward.

In MAG the Move button is essential..

+ SILENTSAM69 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

Ha, now I see the square and triangle buttons by the trigger. I am guessing the button bellow the trigger would be the Move button. Ok, I might actually get this then.

+ Atomika14 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:20 pm said:

That Sharp Shooter looks amazing!

+ ArdyR on December 9th, 2010 at 6:23 pm said:

I completely agree with the majority of the comments here, and want to weigh-in to support the requests to change the color of the Sharp Shooter Attachment. The SCE design appears to be superior to the option available on Amazon, but the white/gray color is totally out of sync with the type of game it is to be used with.

SCE, PLEASE rethink the color scheme of this device. I don’t buy the confusion with a real weapon excuse. This device looks nothing like a real weapon…unless you are in a Star Wars movie.

Give The People What They Want.

FYI, in addition to the sub machine gun on Amazon, there is also a Move Battle Rifle ($29.95) avavilable there that is black and has an actual trigger assembly.

+ hardknock55 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:34 pm said:

cool, i was about to go buy a shooting attachment last month, glad i waited it out.

+ Lowe0 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:49 pm said:

Given that KZ3 is set in a snowy area, isn’t a gray color actually appropriate camouflage? Perhaps a gray digital camo pattern is in order….

+ Turnip on December 9th, 2010 at 7:00 pm said:

That looks OD green to me.

+ Wolfnuka on December 9th, 2010 at 7:00 pm said:

damn…that gun attachment for the ps move looks pretty cool, and the green dualshok looks sexy too, but i thing it would have been better if the GUN was available in green too :D don´t you guys think the same? no offense guys but when i first saw it I THOUGHT IT WAS A new Wii attachment :S ….. if they release a BLACK OR GREEN version of the gun i´d totally be getting one :D

+ Turnip on December 9th, 2010 at 7:00 pm said:

Oh and I like the two tone

+ John-Shooter on December 9th, 2010 at 7:08 pm said:

i was a little like “uh yea.. the price?.. ” at first but if you look at it.. it is actually a attachment compared to like the Wii zapper attachment which is basically a $20 peice of plastic that the controller sits in

and i like the move’s attachments better because my wii controllers dont fit in most attachments because of my nyko recharge packs!

im gettin the move for xmas but idk if i’ll get this yet.. gotta start building the game library for the move first i only own pain, hvb, and now sackboy moves! thanks to ps+

why they decided to restrict move to the re5 gold edition is beyond me but i’ll end up switchin the standard edition out for it eventually

+ John-Shooter on December 9th, 2010 at 7:12 pm said:

price is a bit steep but i think i’ll eventually pick it up im gettin the move for xmas

i bought the wii zapper attachment but it doesnt fit my nyko charge packs properly! wont have to worry about any of that nonsense w/ the move thankfully

i got hvb and pain as day 1 purchases and now sackboy moves thanks to ps+ but im a bit annoyed i cant enjoy the move w/ my standard day1 pickup of re5 but i’ll eventually end up switchin that out for the gold ed

+ pearldrums on December 9th, 2010 at 7:16 pm said:

I want one!

+ Olympus80 on December 9th, 2010 at 7:19 pm said:

This is a badass controller, this and Black Ops definitely will match. :)

+ Enforcer_X on December 9th, 2010 at 7:19 pm said:

Totally getting one … and painting it black like the Precision Shot 3.

+ judalation on December 9th, 2010 at 8:07 pm said:

This is great… But Move is better served in other game types as well! Move should be in DC UNIVERSE and FINAL FANT XII

+ WhiteF8ng on December 9th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Why not make the controller red or a darker gray? It doesn’t match my PS3! Even if I had a white one. It looks like a PSone accessory. It’s cool and all but change the color guys…

Now that controller is “BOSS, BOSS, BOSS!” and BAWSSSS! My fav. color finally. JP has so many different colors glad we finally get another. That will complete my set so I’ll have 4 controllers.

+ SolduNuts on December 9th, 2010 at 8:18 pm said:

Hey Jeff please answer my question.
Will NA ever get the Move compatible game Flight Control HD?
If no, then why not? This game looks great for my new Move Controller, so why would SCEA wan’t me to buy the game from SCEE?

+ CelicaCrazed on December 9th, 2010 at 8:22 pm said:

WHAT!?!? That gun attachment is AWESOME!!

+ Lugoves on December 9th, 2010 at 8:28 pm said:

For KZ3 I’m in.. I can’t imagine sitting with the Nav and the Move in my lap the whole time … Though holding this for a long MP session might be it’s own workout as well ..

+ anderpants on December 9th, 2010 at 8:38 pm said:

Gotta love how many people are more concerned with how the gun looks as opposed to how it performs… I’m pretty sure the color won’t make you a better gamer.
On the other side of the coin, a quality peripheral will…. and this thing looks quality, and probably well worth the money. I had been shopping for a gun attachment, and now I’ve found the one I’ll buy. Looking forward to next year.

+ dehumanizer_666 on December 9th, 2010 at 8:41 pm said:

i want that DS3! also will there be a PS move+KZ3 bundle?

+ EggySong85 on December 9th, 2010 at 8:42 pm said:

I’d like to try it, but I can’t see myself owning one.

+ Kchow23 on December 9th, 2010 at 8:51 pm said:

I suppose this wont work well with RE5, but the new controller color looks awesome and the plastic accessory doesnt look bad

+ SUPERGAMER247 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:04 pm said:

will it work with MAG?

+ CerealxKiller13 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:24 pm said:

those look awesome! Can we see an Orange Dualshock 3 in the near future?

+ StECnet on December 9th, 2010 at 9:38 pm said:

Gun looks amazing and I love how all the buttons on the move controller will work on the gun with better placement!

For those complaining about the colour…. sheeesh grab a can of spray paint! It’s the colour it is because many areas have laws regarding colours and how real they can look when it comes to toy guns!

+ PHILDZNUTS on December 9th, 2010 at 10:01 pm said:

I don’t know about the rest of you but both of these are a day one pick up for me. I like the way they both look. Thanks Sony keep up the hard work.

+ XScreamingEagleX on December 9th, 2010 at 10:09 pm said:

that green one!!

omg, i am so getting that xD

+ Richlando on December 9th, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

I want this..

+ Gr00v3r06 on December 9th, 2010 at 10:27 pm said:

Why don’t you guys start releasing arcade light gun games on PSN. It would be great to play games like Jurassic Park Arcade.

+ Spores_ on December 9th, 2010 at 10:34 pm said:

The jungle green controller is nice, but why only have half of it green and the other half black? Deal breaker for me.

+ Techni on December 9th, 2010 at 10:41 pm said:

Please add a way to mount a PSP on top to use as the scope in games like Silent Scope!

+ Mosh_Pit on December 9th, 2010 at 10:48 pm said:

still not worth buying the move. It’s way too pricy.

+ kdiep on December 9th, 2010 at 10:49 pm said:

It would’ve looked more interesting had it not looked so cheap. Seems like something you could get at the dollar store.

+ Jeanse27 on December 9th, 2010 at 11:43 pm said:

@ 139
Good idea!!! :0)

+ SpeedRacer1955 on December 10th, 2010 at 12:58 am said:

For those complaining about the color you can always go down to the Hobby shop and by plastic model spray paint to create what ever effect that you want. So for less than $50 you can have your own customized version of the shooter…

But I would like to see someone create a shooter similar to this one

make the orange flash suppressor the white silicone like the move is and then take the controller boards and integrate them into it with buttons and analog sticks in the proper areas so that when you grip the shooter it feels realistic…

+ LordRaymond on December 10th, 2010 at 1:00 am said:

Intersting attachment but does it work with MAG?

+ Denuq on December 10th, 2010 at 1:07 am said:

cannot wait get that Move gun for socom 4 :) might pick up that ds3 also as i need another controller

+ nikobel87 on December 10th, 2010 at 2:15 am said:

Pour que sa soit mieux vous auriez du mettre le stick sur le chargeur il y aurait une meilleur manipulation lorsque que l’ont jouera au jeu. grieved to have written in French.