GTAV PS4

Uncover the truth in UNCHARTED 3!

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Dec 09, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

No need to scan that headline twice and make sure you read it right – UNCHARTED 3 is real.

This morning, Entertainment Weekly revealed the next chapter in the critically-acclaimed, top-selling UNCHARTED franchise – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception continues to evolve all of the core principles we laid out for the UNCHARTED franchise, most important of which is creating an unmatched and extremely compelling interactive cinematic experience. In addition to having a compelling story and authentic characters that all of our fans can relate to as key facets to creating this type of experience, we push ourselves and the capability of the PlayStation hardware through constantly refined gameplay mechanics and technology innovation. Our dedication to creating the best interactive cinematic experience can be seen in our last two games – UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. We’re especially honored and humbled that both titles have been so successful, selling nearly 8 million units combined and earning more industry awards and accolades than we can keep track of. We’ve set the bar very high for us to outdo the past successes of our previous UNCHARTED games. We’re looking forward to taking on this challenge to top ourselves and create a truly unforgettable interactive cinematic experience that everyone can enjoy.

So, if you’re wondering what UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception has in store for you, we wanted to share some early details.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception features the return of famed fortune hunter Nathan Drake and follows him through a gripping, action-packed storyline that will take you all over the world. In his search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands,” Nathan Drake and longtime friend and mentor Victor Sullivan set off on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert. But when terrible secrets of this lost city are uncovered, their journey becomes a desperate bid for survival that will force Drake to confront his deepest fears.

Throughout UNCHARTED 3, you’ll be taken to spectacular new locations around the globe that will showcase all of the work we’ve taken on to take acclaimed physics, particle and visual effects to a new level.

Competitive and co-op multiplayer will return as a key ingredient to the UNCHARTED 3 package, where all of the new features we have planned will combine with our signature single-player cinematic gameplay to create a unique action-adventure multiplayer experience that can only be found in the UNCHARTED universe.

Oh, and there’s one more thing – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception fully supports high-resolution Stereoscopic 3D.

We’re looking forward to exploring it all with you in the months to come. Be sure to hit up your local newsstand tomorrow and pick up a copy of the December 17 issue of Entertainment Weekly – you’ll find a ton of additional details on UNCHARTED 3 and the new art shown above in glorious, full color print. Enjoy!

plane crash

drake looking

PAGE 1 9 10 11 12 13

+ RiceAgainst on December 9th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Will there be a trilogy pack? Never played them (other than the demo) but Uncharted is just. Amazing.

+ GTerholli on December 9th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

Day one buy.

+ drdre74 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

I hope it doesnt take so long to rank up in the next one. Once you get to a point it becomes insane to hit the next rank. I love the ranking system in call of duty. I’ve played Uncahrted 2 online for 2 weeks and never got past half way to rank to the next level its just too much once you hit the 30s and 40s.

+ Einhander138 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

@486

And what I’m saying is, focusing on those trivial, trendy things *takes away* from resources (Time, money and personnel) for the single player experience.

+ DeMolay88 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

@syk1288

bungies online in halo is so amazing huh? then what the hell is the deal with everyone always playing slayer…and thats it. okay slayer dmr! woo big improvement.

+ DeMolay88 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

anyways that plane doesnt just look like it crashed, its been shot up. i expect a plane sequence to rival the train sequence in U2

+ Destiny89 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:35 pm said:

Want this now! :P

+ RLx3 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

I want a scene where you’re battling it out on a crashing plane. Uncharted 2 was amazing, can’t wait for 3. Still playing the multi! Hope the co-ops a lot deeper.

+ WarHawk_ on December 9th, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

Where’s the preorder button… this game is going to be epic.. I still can’t believe it’s true !! (and just 2day I was looking and my uncharted 2 game and said to myself.. now that was one of the best games i’ve ever played….. )

+ Armstrong on December 9th, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

You guys are my idol.

Thank you for this awesome game series.

+ Rirnef on December 9th, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

Oh god yes. This will be amazing.

+ MasamuneChad on December 9th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

Finally! Bring it!

+ jacob-813 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:47 pm said:

Is that an ak without a stock I see?!? Or maybe an ak74?!? This games gonna own! Can you make an awesome pre order bonus? And for some reason I think that knife in the trailer is going to be important in the game… And if there is no camels I’m going to be upset. You can’t have desert without a camel. Maybe it can be like the truck chase in u2… But with camels…
Anyway, GO UNCHARTED 3!!!

+ sfman55 on December 9th, 2010 at 5:59 pm said:

Oh my god. I am totally syked. Not only because Uncharted is my favorite series, but I just won a bet with my friend.

+ crocidile90 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:07 pm said:

Three times the Charm! ;)

+ David117117 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

I just new this was coming! Thank you Naughty Dog! This is some of the best gaming news i’ve ever heard!

+ TinFTF on December 9th, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

Is there any word on whether this is the last Uncharted of the series? I would also like to see more customization in multiplayer. Something like creating your own character to play with online or something and more weapons to choose from would be nice

+ WakizashiM on December 9th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

Arne, you guys need to get both David O. Russell and Mark Whalberg fired and get Nathan Fillion and a director who’s prepared to give the movie a proper treatment.

+ FC-Man on December 9th, 2010 at 6:18 pm said:

NERDGASM!!

+ guti_dz on December 9th, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

Awesome!!!!!!!THX Naughty Dog!!!!!!!I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!

+ DazeOfWar on December 9th, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

So can’t wait for this. Might have to pick up the first 2 again to tide me over.

+ Dragunov5150 on December 9th, 2010 at 6:45 pm said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!! i hope the mutltilayer improves, and Im know this has to do with the reveal at the VGA’s,i know it.

+ piratedrunk on December 9th, 2010 at 6:50 pm said:

@einhander138

Multiplayer has massive appeal in gaming right now and has undoubtedly added to Uncharteds popularity and sales. I would be very surprised if the success of Uncharted 2 (thanks largly to the inclusion of multiplayer) did not give them more resources such as a bigger staff and more funding for Uncharted 3. And as far as time goes the game engine is already in place and only needed further optimisation, on top of the fact that they are certainly not rushing this game out the door. In this way I think single player will actually benifit from their inclusion of the things you think are useless which again, is only your opinion and still something many are happy about.

+ arrownoir on December 9th, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

Damn i definitely need a 3D TV & lots of cash for all the premium PS3 exclusives releasing next year

I only this time you’ll be able to listen to your music while playing the game “preferably integrated into the game (cuts out during cutscenes)”

+ fearless47 on December 9th, 2010 at 7:29 pm said:

just want to know uncharted 3 will be 100% looking for atlantis right?

+ Tomm4118 on December 9th, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

I Have to know….
Are these Concept Art Images or Actuall Ingame Graphic screenshots?? (its hard to tell) Cuz one of the best parts of Uncharted was how the IN-Game Graphics made the entire experience feel like it jumped right out of the Concept art. The first time I played it I felt as though I was playing a seamless movie, no joke.
I know this has been said too much. But just from this, the game already looks incredible.
Hopefully the realtime-cinematic gameplay of- “a plane crash” is enough to top Uncharted 2′s. I have skyscraping high expectations for this game. If the “Plane Crash Sequence” in these images were the tutorials to start off Uncharted 3…………………… OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I will be SOLD!

+ Tomm4118 on December 9th, 2010 at 7:57 pm said:

WHAT!!!! Wait….. Atlantis of the Sand?
You’ve Got to be Kidding Me. LOL ohhhhhh if I didnt love Naughty Dog Sooo bad, I would be mad.

LOL. If you choose to believe me, Uncharted 3 just JACKED my idea for a LittleBigPlanet 2 Level that I was goingt to do! LOL
Just when I had the guts to creat in LBP……. oh well….XD

+ godofwar_fan on December 9th, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

The news of uncharted3 has made my day,i am getting ghoosebumps as i see the screens,felt like i woke up from a dream,realising i am still dreaming!

Naughty Dog FTW!

+ NotoriousGamer on December 9th, 2010 at 8:01 pm said:

Seems pretty kool. It better be.

+ get_smrt23 on December 9th, 2010 at 8:08 pm said:

PLEASE REPLY,
please make this for ps move. and can i have the beta when the beta is out, oh heres a few ideas,
game modes;
search and destroy
free for all
and keep the golden guns then i gonna preorder this the second i can. i cant wait for this game!!!! AWSOME!!
i got bored of black ops the first two hour cuz it is exactly like mw2. so make uncharted 3 with alot of new stuff on mutiplayer and ples can i hv beta!

+ ownage_machine on December 9th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

“But when terrible secrets of this lost city are uncovered, their journey becomes a desperate bid for survival that will force Drake to confront his deepest fears.”

CLOWNS confirmed in U3:DD.

+ EggySong85 on December 9th, 2010 at 8:35 pm said:

No mention of Move support? I will be sorely disappointed if I can’t interact with Uncharted’s hidden treasures in 1:1!

+ ameerjoe on December 9th, 2010 at 8:37 pm said:

Im so excited!!!! going to buy it..i love uncharted series..

+ Bladenhell on December 9th, 2010 at 8:45 pm said:

Oh my god! This franchise gets better and better.They’re always surprising me, i can’t wait to see the gameplay.

+ Astronica on December 9th, 2010 at 8:47 pm said:

dang this is gonna be awesome. i hope its gonna be like that movie, the mummy.

+ VGExplorers on December 9th, 2010 at 8:50 pm said:

*Breathing heavily*
As soon as I saw this trailer about 50 times. I hit the books.
Wow, you guys chose a clever and obscure history. I won’t go into much detail but T.E. Lawrence is a British soldier that went to Arabia and wrote “The Seven Pillars of Wisdom.” Basically.

+ Kchow23 on December 9th, 2010 at 8:53 pm said:

YES.. UNCHARTED 3 GOTY ALREADY

+ korchie44 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

yesssss! :)

+ VintageOctopus on December 9th, 2010 at 9:10 pm said:

I was just playing Uncharted 2′s story mode for a fifth time earlier today… Needless to say I’ll be buying this the day this hits the shelves. I haven’t been this excited for a video game ever.

+ BeSHiiNe on December 9th, 2010 at 9:12 pm said:

It’s awesome to see so many people s excited for Unchartered 3 as I am. This is easily the most beautiful franchise of games ever made and the games that I’ve finished from beginning to end in one sit down. I can’t wait to rearrange my schedule for Unchartered 3. HAHAHA….I can’t stop smiling!!!

+ freddyrivas on December 9th, 2010 at 9:16 pm said:

yeah boy!

+ Butters360 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:28 pm said:

The Road to Shambhala has begun again :) Can’t wait for this game to be spinning inside my PS3.

+ ElFlechero on December 9th, 2010 at 9:30 pm said:

It’s great Drake’s going to the desert, but only because they also said that the adventure will take him “to a variety of spectacular locations around the world from Europe to the Middle East.” Awesome.

Some have guessed that it could be a trilogy. I sure hope that it isn’t!!! I really would be dissapointed if I don’t get to play uncharted on the Playstation 5 someday.

@528 wouldn’t it have been nice if they’d added move support? Just as a side option even.

+ PHILDZNUTS on December 9th, 2010 at 9:53 pm said:

Sweet. Can’t wait for more details. Looks good already! Thanks naughty dog. This is why all of us own a PS3, for games like this.

+ Azured_Scorpio on December 9th, 2010 at 10:01 pm said:

I’m going to stand in line already at the store waiting for it!!!

+ ClearClover on December 9th, 2010 at 10:20 pm said:

I absolutely can’t wait for this, Uncharted is one of my favorite video game series. The first time I played the Drake’s Fortune demo, I knew it had potential and my mind was instantly set on buying the game, so that’s what I did and I enjoyed every minute of the game. When Among Thieves was announced I knew I had to buy it too since I loved the first game, so that’s exactly what I did and I was amazed at the improvements Naughty Dog made to pretty much everything, definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

And now, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is announced, and I couldn’t be more hyped for it; I don’t know how will Naughty Dog top Among Thieves, but I’m sure they can do it, they have proved they have the talent to make it happen and I’m already counting the days. Can’t wait to see how the story will develop in the campaign, I’m very intrigued about the subtitle for the game, Drake’s Deception… What could it possibly mean? I’m also looking forward to see what improvements will we find in multiplayer… Maybe an advanced customization system? More interaction with the enviroment of the maps? A more cinematic experience like in single player?

Thank you Naughty Dog for this.

+ Chvor on December 9th, 2010 at 10:46 pm said:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

+ Morisato06 on December 9th, 2010 at 10:54 pm said:

I really hope the immense graphical detail you’ve put into Uncharted 2 won’t be absent in this game do to the 3D support.

That sacrifice would not be worth it, specifically since 3D is not mainstream yet.

+ suedsteirer on December 9th, 2010 at 11:00 pm said:

GREAT – PERFECT News! :) I hope there’ll be sometimes Uncharted 4,5 and 6… :-))

Thank you Naughty Dog!

+ holoband on December 9th, 2010 at 11:48 pm said:

I think I cried abit, my eyes got wet and my throat felt wierd when I saw this. Somehow my fondness of this franchise is beyond gaming, hehe

can’t wait, oh, and ND, please don’t rush, just follow your instincts, the game will rock.

Thank you!