PS4 - Destiny

Uncover the truth in UNCHARTED 3!

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Dec 09, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

No need to scan that headline twice and make sure you read it right – UNCHARTED 3 is real.

This morning, Entertainment Weekly revealed the next chapter in the critically-acclaimed, top-selling UNCHARTED franchise – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception continues to evolve all of the core principles we laid out for the UNCHARTED franchise, most important of which is creating an unmatched and extremely compelling interactive cinematic experience. In addition to having a compelling story and authentic characters that all of our fans can relate to as key facets to creating this type of experience, we push ourselves and the capability of the PlayStation hardware through constantly refined gameplay mechanics and technology innovation. Our dedication to creating the best interactive cinematic experience can be seen in our last two games – UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. We’re especially honored and humbled that both titles have been so successful, selling nearly 8 million units combined and earning more industry awards and accolades than we can keep track of. We’ve set the bar very high for us to outdo the past successes of our previous UNCHARTED games. We’re looking forward to taking on this challenge to top ourselves and create a truly unforgettable interactive cinematic experience that everyone can enjoy.

So, if you’re wondering what UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception has in store for you, we wanted to share some early details.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception features the return of famed fortune hunter Nathan Drake and follows him through a gripping, action-packed storyline that will take you all over the world. In his search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands,” Nathan Drake and longtime friend and mentor Victor Sullivan set off on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert. But when terrible secrets of this lost city are uncovered, their journey becomes a desperate bid for survival that will force Drake to confront his deepest fears.

Throughout UNCHARTED 3, you’ll be taken to spectacular new locations around the globe that will showcase all of the work we’ve taken on to take acclaimed physics, particle and visual effects to a new level.

Competitive and co-op multiplayer will return as a key ingredient to the UNCHARTED 3 package, where all of the new features we have planned will combine with our signature single-player cinematic gameplay to create a unique action-adventure multiplayer experience that can only be found in the UNCHARTED universe.

Oh, and there’s one more thing – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception fully supports high-resolution Stereoscopic 3D.

We’re looking forward to exploring it all with you in the months to come. Be sure to hit up your local newsstand tomorrow and pick up a copy of the December 17 issue of Entertainment Weekly – you’ll find a ton of additional details on UNCHARTED 3 and the new art shown above in glorious, full color print. Enjoy!

plane crash

drake looking

PAGE 1 10 11 12 13

+ LordRaymond on December 9th, 2010 at 11:49 pm said:

YES Can’t wait. Congrats Naughty Dog!

+ Baris_Han_96 on December 9th, 2010 at 11:56 pm said:

YAY! :)

Ok,i have got 2 questions

1_ When will it be released?(approximately)
2_ OK we killed Lazarevic. Who will be our 2nd enemy?

Ohh by the way we want more chapters :) lol

Hmm i want a lot of things, right? lool

+ GreyLynx on December 10th, 2010 at 12:03 am said:

Nice surprise guys and throws a lot of rumors off at what you guys will be revealing after the VGAs

+ SteeliestGuzman on December 10th, 2010 at 12:18 am said:

oh boy its official 2011 is the year that i will be broke ahh man can’t wait but at the same time it can’t be said about my wallet lol and what this that im heraing uncharted 3 is in 3D oh yea this competition its over from the start

+ Sarno1605 on December 10th, 2010 at 12:36 am said:

Can I please get a response Naughty Dog……I’ve tried numerous times to get a picture of the event where I won the Fortune Hunter Edition. It was in Rosemont, IL and they took pictures of the 1st-3rd place teams and said pics would be on the blog. I want a copy of that pic if at all possible, Thanks Sarno1605

+ ssmarcos3 on December 10th, 2010 at 1:09 am said:

omg this is great news best series right now can’t wait to get it

+ dkenair on December 10th, 2010 at 1:24 am said:

So excited!

+ lovehatesmisery on December 10th, 2010 at 1:44 am said:

This is great news! Uncharted 2 is personally my #1 best PlayStation 3 game. I’m positively sure Uncharted 3 would not let down. Mid 2011 release date hopefully?

+ mht333 on December 10th, 2010 at 1:54 am said:

I just hope that they include ALL DLC for free for players who buy it. It pissed me the hell off that I got Uncharted 2 in May for $60 because I couldn’t afford it full price whe it first came out(with DLC to have to be bought which was another $20-$30 ($80-$90 total), then a month later they come out with another edition FOR THE SAME PRICE, with all the DLC for FREE! ($60). If they play that dumb ass card again, I’m NOT buying the 3rd game and I’ll wait for the 4th game until I buy the 3rd one. That was NOT cool of them.

+ ssmarcos3 on December 10th, 2010 at 2:27 am said:

it would be so funny if the fourth game was a racing one because they did that with the crash and jack franchises

+ jdneul on December 10th, 2010 at 2:45 am said:

wooooow if the gfx are as ggod as some of the art up there my mind will be blown away, pure madness

+ jdneul on December 10th, 2010 at 2:55 am said:

Also please do some move support that would be brilliant for the move adopters, if you make it optional then it will not affect dual shock users (hence everyone wins)

+ NAMEK on December 10th, 2010 at 3:26 am said:

OMG! OMG! Im crying inside, too exited to sleep.

+ TPM007 on December 10th, 2010 at 3:37 am said:

Excellent! I certainly hope that the music we hear in the trailer is the sound of Greg Edmondson…

+ R_aVe_N on December 10th, 2010 at 4:17 am said:

I am really going to be poor next year 8( I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing just yet. I will get back to you on that. So many games so little time….

+ vyas1 on December 10th, 2010 at 5:04 am said:

This is going to be too awesome!!!

just a quick question by coop do you mean online or ofline as well??

+ vyas1 on December 10th, 2010 at 5:05 am said:

oh and after this PLEASE BRING BACK JAK!!!! lol

+ lil_bos2 on December 10th, 2010 at 5:34 am said:

Naughty dog Should release a COLLECTORS EDITION FOR EVERYONE to buy unlike last year. I really wanted that Uncharted 2 collectors edition so bad :”’( .

+ Hobartbob on December 10th, 2010 at 5:45 am said:

Wow!! PS3 is gonna have a fantastic 2011. MLB 11 THE SHOW, KILLZONE 3, LBP 2, RESISTANCE 3, AND UNCHARTED 3!!! I’m so glad i bought a PS3 instead of an xbox!!

+ Zathic on December 10th, 2010 at 5:47 am said:

You guys! = Awesome!

+ jhd_1 on December 10th, 2010 at 6:21 am said:

Fantastic news ….. i will buy this game immediately :)

+ emoplayer33 on December 10th, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

omg i hope uc3 beta comes out

plus i heard you guys are gonna use James Cameron’s mo cap techniques. CAN WAIT!!!!!!!!

btw please improve multilayer…like one click ur on a game

+ rebeljd on December 10th, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

Uncharted 3 like Uncharted 2 is going to be an amazing game. Lets hope the numbers do it justice by being through the roof!

+ shazbot-finubus on December 10th, 2010 at 7:40 am said:

2011 is going to be a beastly year for PS3. I’ve probably put in more hours into Uncharted 2 than any other game in the past few years, probably keep it rolling all the way till 3.

+ RRstrong on December 10th, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

Those images are insane, This development team is Incredible, I wonder who is aiding them in all this achievement.

+ shaji_30 on December 10th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

I was mad depressed studying for my exams and during my break I decided to check out Kotaku and to my shock I SEE UNCHARTED 3 DRAKE’s DECEPTION!!! I LOVE YOU NAUGHTY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CURED ME OF DEPRESSION!! =D

+ Einhander138 on December 10th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

@520

A) You are 100% wrong. MP does not benefit single player games, period.

B) Learn to spell benefit.

+ Ken_MCMLXX on December 10th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

Awesome is all I can say! I’m gonna make my PS3 wallpaper the first image. I downloaded it from the facebook site in its original size. Man the detail is fantastic. I noticed that there is a horse shoe on his belt buckle. This is new from UC2. Arne, what is up with the different belt buckle?

Uncharted is the best franchise on any console period.

+ DarthAltair on December 10th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

Hey will this game have co-op single player?????

+ LilZohan on December 10th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

Wow!!!!!! i have loved Uncharted 2 since i got it last christmas! i havent ever gotten tired of it, whether it be single player story or the amazing online gameplay. There is only one complain- where’s the 2 or 4 player split screen? I would definately love having this feature on the new uncharted because if im ever hanging with the guys they get bored just watching me play all the time. Online is amazing and fantastic!!! is there anyway to just use the same online multiplayer gameplay and also add a splitscreen gameplay similar? Because thats the last area this game actually needs. Uncharted 1: full single player / Uncharted 2: single and online multiplayer / UNCHARTED 3: single player, online multiplayer, and splitscreen 4 controller deathmatches!!!! it just sounds right. I hope this can be made into a reality somehow.

Love all thats going on with Naughty Dog! Dont stop!
Thank you!

+ Xx_DC_SniPeR_xX on December 10th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

EPIC!

+ H4X_The_Ultimate on December 10th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

OMFG I WAS PRAYING FOR THIS!!!!! THANK YOU GODS AT NAUGHTY DOG YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW PUMPED I AM FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

+ theultimatenub on December 10th, 2010 at 11:36 pm said:

dam i can’t believe when i saw the title i was like no way =o this is going to be awesome cant wait i loved uncharted 2 one of the best games ever!!!

+ SwoleRN on December 11th, 2010 at 3:36 am said:

Hell ya!! 3d gaming is visually spectacular. More eye candy please. Hot chicks in 3D would be extremely nice.

+ RockLeeX on December 11th, 2010 at 3:56 am said:

I DEMAND 4 player splitscreen offline (hopefully online too) for co-op AND competetive!

I also DEMAND that players can play co-op for the actual campaign!

Please make my dreams come true!!! :’(

+ loudchild on December 11th, 2010 at 7:24 am said:

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!! I really really loved Uncharted2 it was the best with all the action packed stuff i cannot wait for Uncharted 3 because its gonna b the best and i love the series of Uncharted i didnt play the 1st one but i loved the 2nd one and the 3rd is gonna be even better i can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ theultimatenub on December 11th, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

i know for sure what game is gonna get game of the year for 2011 UNCHARTED 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ BONKY101 on December 11th, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

OHH EMM GEEE!!! I Can’t wait please put a lot more info about the UC3 MP soon oh and you need to keep UC2 people intrested maybe put the level cap to a 100 and add a bunch more boosters and skins along the way because it was really boring getting to level 80 ok thanks

+ Y_5150 on December 11th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

Uncharted 2 MP is my favorite MP and the single player experience is unforgettable so yeah Uncharted 3 has already made me think it’s better than the first 2 combine!
and that’s sayin something ;)

+ ahmari54326 on December 11th, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

i cant wait until uncharted3 i have played the first uncharted and the second uncharted i cant wait untill they launch the uncharted3

+ packy82 on December 11th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

will it be co-op true ho game or split screen and can we used move

+ megak-dog13 on December 11th, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

Saw this trailer and i JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

+ PredAl13n29760JZ on December 11th, 2010 at 7:27 pm said:

Dear Naughty Dog, I heard about the Uncharted 3 Drake’s Deception but I have a few questions about the game. Will we be able to play the beta if you get inFamous 2 ,and how long does it take to complete story? Will the game be rated T for Teen? The reason why is because I’m a big fan of Naughty Dog ,and would like to see the game franchise rated T instead of M. Also, will there be DLC for Multiplayer.

Matthew

P.S. Could you please answer this question if you play the beta at E3.

+ PredAl13n29760JZ on December 11th, 2010 at 7:29 pm said:

Please have Elena Fisher be in the game.

+ Manigamer on December 12th, 2010 at 12:34 am said:

man i got this free psn avatar voucher for uc3 ! but the code isnt valid :( so bummed out man !

+ Manigamer on December 12th, 2010 at 12:34 am said:

got the voucher in my email from unchartedthegame.com

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on December 12th, 2010 at 1:00 am said:

I just got the avatar voucher in my email and the code is not valid.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on December 12th, 2010 at 1:06 am said:

I also signed up for updates and gave my email and didn’t get anything about the theme. Maybe these things aren’t ready yet? I also noticed that when you ask for birth date there is no month of April, woooops!

+ Godzy69 on December 12th, 2010 at 1:07 am said:

I am in awe of what this game might and hopefully will be reading up on some T.E.L to get myself prepared can not wait I need to be put in a coma for a little under a year.

+ LHomie on December 12th, 2010 at 1:08 am said: