Bloodborne

Uncover the truth in UNCHARTED 3!

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Dec 09, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

No need to scan that headline twice and make sure you read it right – UNCHARTED 3 is real.

This morning, Entertainment Weekly revealed the next chapter in the critically-acclaimed, top-selling UNCHARTED franchise – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception continues to evolve all of the core principles we laid out for the UNCHARTED franchise, most important of which is creating an unmatched and extremely compelling interactive cinematic experience. In addition to having a compelling story and authentic characters that all of our fans can relate to as key facets to creating this type of experience, we push ourselves and the capability of the PlayStation hardware through constantly refined gameplay mechanics and technology innovation. Our dedication to creating the best interactive cinematic experience can be seen in our last two games – UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. We’re especially honored and humbled that both titles have been so successful, selling nearly 8 million units combined and earning more industry awards and accolades than we can keep track of. We’ve set the bar very high for us to outdo the past successes of our previous UNCHARTED games. We’re looking forward to taking on this challenge to top ourselves and create a truly unforgettable interactive cinematic experience that everyone can enjoy.

So, if you’re wondering what UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception has in store for you, we wanted to share some early details.

UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception features the return of famed fortune hunter Nathan Drake and follows him through a gripping, action-packed storyline that will take you all over the world. In his search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands,” Nathan Drake and longtime friend and mentor Victor Sullivan set off on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert. But when terrible secrets of this lost city are uncovered, their journey becomes a desperate bid for survival that will force Drake to confront his deepest fears.

Throughout UNCHARTED 3, you’ll be taken to spectacular new locations around the globe that will showcase all of the work we’ve taken on to take acclaimed physics, particle and visual effects to a new level.

Competitive and co-op multiplayer will return as a key ingredient to the UNCHARTED 3 package, where all of the new features we have planned will combine with our signature single-player cinematic gameplay to create a unique action-adventure multiplayer experience that can only be found in the UNCHARTED universe.

Oh, and there’s one more thing – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception fully supports high-resolution Stereoscopic 3D.

We’re looking forward to exploring it all with you in the months to come. Be sure to hit up your local newsstand tomorrow and pick up a copy of the December 17 issue of Entertainment Weekly – you’ll find a ton of additional details on UNCHARTED 3 and the new art shown above in glorious, full color print. Enjoy!

plane crash

drake looking

PAGE 1 2 3 4 13

+ pitythefool852 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

I am so psyched for this, but can I ask you guys at Naughty for one favour.

Please… please… PLEASE…
No Situational Awareness!

Besides that, let your creative imaginations take you wherever they want to go. I can’t wait for this!

+ Charliesdad on December 9th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

O. M. F. G.

+ EagleEyeSamurai on December 9th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

This is FULL of WIN.

If there’s a game that has the potential to bring this gamer over to 3D gaming, this is it.

+ Beefer on December 9th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

I think I just J****D In My Pants!!! Man, I can not wait!!!!

+ gregarus on December 9th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

I’m thrilled about this! I was also really excited to see the English pound sterling money. A UK destination, perhaps. I’d love to see Drake jumping around one of the castles or even a few UK inner city skirmishes. Sweeeeet!

+ KillerDante on December 9th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Sweet, can’t wait for it. Naughty Dog, you have been spoiling us too much. Why can’t all developers learn from you, keep making great games and noticeable improvements on all fronts =)

+ bcor on December 9th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

I had a huge feeling that that what they planned to announce. exciting… now to uncharted 2 multiplayer for xp multiplier.

+ syk1288 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

This is toooooo early. I’m still playing Uncharted 2. I don’t think it’s time for Uncharted 3 unless you guys brought up your Online Multiplayer skills up to Bungie’s level which I think no one is going to touch their level of dedication with online features.

+ nv_Los on December 9th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

HOLY SHIATZU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TomHoang on December 9th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

Nice to see Sully have a bigger emphasis on this game, I felt he wasn’t big enough in U2.

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on December 9th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

heck ya saw this at 8am on other sites woohoo cant wait tho

+ BlooodyCow on December 9th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

Will Elena be in it? Can’t have Uncharted without Elena

+ KingsOfLions_pr on December 9th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

Am so happyyyyyyyyy :D

+ PGunna87 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

F****** AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ krae_man on December 9th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

Please go back to being more Dude Raider then Gears ripoff.

+ Insanecyclone on December 9th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

Wonder how long until we hear about the MP improvements too.

+ Imphobia on December 9th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

It’s gonna be a long until next year.

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on December 9th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

also give us 40 hrs of gameplay plz :-P

+ KAPADO on December 9th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

I just Blu-rayed my pants.

+ Canuck4Life on December 9th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

I am so excited for this game! Looking forward to learning more over the next several months!

+ BiezulbubBill69 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

wow I really can’t WAIT to buy this game!!!!

+ KazeEternal on December 9th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

YAY!!!! Also DEATH TO SITUATIONAL AWARENESS IT KILLS THE POINT OF BOOSTERS IN MULTIPLAYER!

I can’t wait for this game I <3 Uncharted.

Thanks for the 8x weekend.

+ BigAnt18 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

I thought the internet was playing games with my heart but they weren’t… :’(

WANT! O_O

+ bowserpat on December 9th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

AMAZING! I cant wait for this!

+ Gamerwillz on December 9th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Oh god!!! This is going to be absolutely epic!!!

+ ChaseGarcia on December 9th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

move support???????

+ Zilas on December 9th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

O_O
Thank you…I love you.

+ fatiga_cronica on December 9th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

I’m really happy about this! I’m a huge Uncharted fan from the very beggining and it’s one of the reasons I love my PS3. The only thing that pushes me back is the long waiting we got ahead until we can have this game in our hands! The countdown has begun!

+ pitythefool852 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

First gameplay next Monday on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon”, apparently, according to Kotaku

+ ringedingdong on December 9th, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

COOP campaign, pleeease!

+ F-minus on December 9th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

O NO!!!

“force Drake to confront his deepest fears.”

- NOT CLOWNS!!!!!!! ANYTHING BUT CLOWNS!!!!

…poor Drake.

+ undertaker9999 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

I dont think this will be the news sony was talking about for the 12th of december I think this is to add ontop of it…. Doesnt come to a surprise for me I think Nolan has a multi year contact with sony to do the voice over for uncharted so… Sony is comming into its Zone last 2 years and showing us gamers that the wait was worth it compared to the competition… Last xmas I saw a few people buying PS3 and not once last xmas did i see a person with a X in a box hahahahaha…. Uncharted 3, Little big Planet 2 Killzone 3 Infamous 2 F.E.A.R. 3 Back To The Future and also YOU DON”T KNOW JACK just to name a few titles comming to PS3 in 2011…. The Competetion has nothing to offer plain and simple… :)

+ fatiga_cronica on December 9th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Oh… and one last thing! Please I want Chloe and Elena to come back again!

+ Frulond on December 9th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Can’t wat for it!!!

Go Naughty God brin us an amazing experience once more =D

+ Enalor on December 9th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

OMG, please make it longer and have an improved multiplayer gameplay. I’m SO buying this when it comes out! Can’t wait!

+ nv_Los on December 9th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

NAUGHTY DOG, you guys are BEASTS!!!

+ cupcake_jihad on December 9th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

X-mas just came early!

+ AdGuemoCR on December 9th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Lo mejor del mundo!!! El mejor juego de la historia!!! YA NO PUEDO ESPERAR

+ Enalor on December 9th, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

Hah, a desert? Jak 3 much? :P Awesome though.

+ Dardantuan on December 9th, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

Great news! I wasn’t expecting this kind of announcement so soon.

Now, please… If you are listening Sony…

STOP THE UNCHARTED MOVIE NOW. Everything I have read about it so far sounds HORRIBLE and if the director/writer continues on the current path he is steering it towards, it will do nothing but harm this outstanding franchise. MAKE IT STOP!

+ TRIX_BOL on December 9th, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

Hands down, already Game Of It Release Year. No doubt about it the screen shots look amazing, even though they are at their Arts phase.

But keep it up Naughty Dogs. You guys already own our Action-Adventure Hearts. :)

+ LordRaoh on December 9th, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

Oh hell yes…

cant wait for the next installment of this series.. a true work of art.

I cant wait for the visual and emotional ride naughty dog plans to take us on next.

I hope you keep true to your track record of not only great visuals and gameplay but the amazing writing and voice acting.

+ Busca-Cabezas on December 9th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

Sweet!

+ Creative_ae on December 9th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

Oh my God I cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ echogridlock on December 9th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

Uncharted 3 is on the way and they’re still saying “we think we can do better“ when other developers are releasing more of the same “formula“. Naughty Dog should win Developer of the decade!

+ saiyanknight87 on December 9th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

is it okay to say i jizzed my pants from this here info!!!

+ Stalker666_ on December 9th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

I hope they won’t stress ND for the 3D part, i heard GT5 suffered from faulty design in the tracks and their environments because Sony wanted 3D in it. It would be a complete shame if Uncharted 3 would suffer from that as well seeing Uncharted 2 is just a gaming masterpiece.

Anyway, GOGO GAME OF THE YEAR 2011 NAUGHTY DOG!

+ RyuuNoSekai on December 9th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

he seems more gruff, will he still be the same? D:

+ Iced_Demon on December 9th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

dude i can’t walt to play this one oooo yeah it will be sweet!!!!!!!!!!

+ poweredbyzen on December 9th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

please, no online or multiplayer trophies! also, where’s the uber-limited, ultra rare uncharted trilogy with a drake die-cast figure?! man-crush!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 13